• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Please be responsible and don't abuse benzodiazepines!

Cream Gravy?

Bluelight Crew
Hello druggies, junkies, infrequent experimenters, and heads of OD.

You may know me from my more famous roles as moderator of the most popular (and coolest) forums, F&TV and PD ;)

But today, I'm here with both a public service announcement, and a request:
Please stop abusing benzodiazepines. They are dangerous, and for a select group of people, are an essential medicine that save lives. Much like opioids, abuse of these life saving medications could and possibly will lead to an extreme crackdown on their prescription for those who truly need them for legitimate medical needs.

I come to you with this request today because I am one of those who would be dead today if it weren't for the myorelaxant properties of alprazolam. This medication has saved me from extreme gastrointestinal distress that had me going from doctor to doctor, wracking up 5 figures in debt just to get the medicine I needed to end my pain.

Remember how opioids were widely prescribed, abused, and then taken away from actual pain patients, many of whom have now committed suicide? This same thing could happen with benzodiazepines too!

I get it, I loved taking them before my GI problems began; they're fun, they kill your emotions, they help you to chill out, to socialize, to dis-inhibit... I get it! And in a perfect world where the government has no role in telling us what we put in our bodies, I'd say have at it, take as much as you like!

But we do not live in that world, furthermore I'm not confident that even if all the old people making the laws died off, anything would change.

So it is up to you, the users and abusers of these medications, to use them responsibly or not to use them at all.

Last edited:
bump to first page for PSA

Agreed! It is terrifying to think that they will start restricting benzos for the people who actually need them. I have been starting to worry about this as well after seeing a few news articles about benzodiazepine abuse.

Benzos are not euphoric, they are definitely not the most recreational drugs out there. The misuse of these drugs has been sensationalized by pop culture and the effects are not worth the horrible withdrawal.

Agreed! It is terrifying to think that they will start restricting benzos for the people who actually need them. I have been starting to worry about this as well after seeing a few news articles about benzodiazepine abuse.

Benzos are not euphoric, they are definitely not the most recreational drugs out there. The misuse of these drugs has been sensationalized by pop culture and the effects are not worth the horrible withdrawal.
QFT.

Please everyone, I implore you... do not make folks like Mr. Deeds and myself commit suicide. PLEASE.

Last edited:
I understand the post, but the history of opioid prescription and benzo prescription is pretty different,

Purdue pharma introduced studies in the 1990s that OxyContin was non addictive pain medication and doctors received kickbacks to prescribe it. This company is essentially the reason for the opioid crisis and eventual crackdown.

Money and greed is the reason that opiates were ultimately cracked down upon and why legitimate prescriptions are so difficult to obtain these days. It wasn’t because of patients, it was because doctors were handing out pill mill scripts to people who had no business receiving 180-360 Oxycodone or OxyContin a month.

Doctors were getting rich as well as Purdue and other pharmaceutical companies at the expense of people’s lives.

Benzodiazepines have never been prescribed in this manner, and most people who are prescribed are through psychiatric methods.

I personally have abused benzos heavily but I don’t even source from a doctor, as so many others who abuse benzos. There are tons of street pressed and made Xanax bars by drug dealers.

I understand your concern and agree doctor shopping and manipulation is wrong, but it really just comes down to the fact that the war on drugs is a failure and people knowing the risks involved should be able to use any substance they desire.

That is the problem with the world, money, greed and authority in unnecessary places.

and the DEA is to blame for opiate prescription problems. Doctors are afraid to prescribe pain meds to people who need them because the DEA is literally counting the number or opioid scripts they write each month, causing doctors to basically be unable to fully serve their patients.. especially some who really need pain meds for the rest of their lives for permanent pain problems.

I understand your concern and agree doctor shopping and manipulation is wrong, but it really just comes down to the fact that the war on drugs is a failure and people knowing the risks involved should be able to use any substance they desire.

That is the problem with the world, money, greed and authority in unnecessary places.
I feel you man, and I agree. I honestly think anyone should be able to have them if they so desire.

I simply wanted to post this because I have a legitimate debilitating chronic illness that requires me to take alprazolam after meals. Further, as an individual who already experiences great amounts of general anxiety (thanks mom's side!), I'm just real damn scared this will be the next class of drugs that pain patients are kicked off of.

I legitimately mean it when I say I'd probably kill myself if I were cut off. Before I was finally treated with alprazolam, I was losing so much sleep, I was in so much pain, that I ended up in the hospital getting a CAT scan because they thought maybe my appendix or gall bladder were failing.

I have also noticed an uptick in posts here in OD and BDD about abusing BZDs, and well, my anxiety got the better of me and I just wanted people to realize that we could be heading down the same path that opioids went down.

I feel you man, and I agree. I honestly think anyone should be able to have them if they so desire.

I simply wanted to post this because I have a legitimate debilitating chronic illness that requires me to take alprazolam after meals. Further, as an individual who already experiences great amounts of general anxiety (thanks mom's side!), I'm just real damn scared this will be the next class of drugs that pain patients are kicked off of.

I legitimately mean it when I say I'd probably kill myself if I were cut off. Before I was finally treated with alprazolam, I was losing so much sleep, I was in so much pain, that I ended up in the hospital getting a CAT scan because they thought maybe my appendix or gall bladder were failing.

I have also noticed an uptick in posts here in OD and BDD about abusing BZDs, and well, my anxiety got the better of me and I just wanted people to realize that we could be heading down the same path that opioids went down.
Were allready on that situation, that benzos are now here in finland so restricted that its nearly impossible for you get a script to benzos IF you have d-marking on your papers... That you have maybe in some youth got a ticket for cannabis use, if i take like something what will maybe have effects to the rest of your life... So this country is pissing in their own bowl of cereals and allready it is seen in the Black market.... Foreign benzos Comes in a FUCKING BIG VOLYME, and those klonazepam tablets are here a moneymaker thing.... Hungarys rivOtril tablets which are made in ug Labs and have been found on those a different amounts of the LEGIT acting substance, klonazepam but like 0.2-1.8mg on 2mg klonopins which is the brand in States. And then clonazolam have been found on them.... It was 5 different klonazepam tablet versions on the market last year.... Fucking INSANE thing for this country, and thanks to U S of STATES that opioids have the same thing..... Oxys are now here only in access for prescription if you have cancer dg. W. T. F?!?!?!? Its a good pain killer but its not like fucking cancer medicine.... Im thinked all the time that cancer hasnt got any medication for fuck sake 😡😡😡😡😡Well, subutex is this country full and thats a great thing because the youth of today dont IMHO know how To use drugs.... Sorry "ES-jonnet" 🤣 🤣 🤣

Hi Cream Gravy?,

I'm a highdose benzo user and i want to quit the RCs - i have been interested in it since they are on the market but would never order something. Now, of course,I met a good friend who was telling me she always gets everything via internet, she has no problem to order something for me.

Of course, what happened: I said YES.

Doesn't matter how much or what exactly I have at home and I'm taking doses others would die from. I want to get rid of this. But because I'm self employed at the medical sector, it is not that easy. I can't just walk to a clinik for a few weeks, especially now that i have a great income loss because of corona.

I was thinking about tapering down with Oxazepam, this ist meanwhile very common here in Europe. So I have loads at home. I also have Carbamazepin, because the only thing i fear so much is a seizure.

Don't know what to do.

JJ

I was thinking about tapering down with Oxazepam, this ist meanwhile very common here in Europe. So I have loads at home. I also have Carbamazepin, because the only thing i fear so much is a seizure.
Use the Oxazepam to taper. Reduce your dosage by a small increment each week until you're barely taking any at all. It has a longer half-life, should be a good taper drug.

Take care.

Use the Oxazepam to taper. Reduce your dosage by a small increment each week until you're barely taking any at all. It has a longer half-life, should be a good taper drug.

Take care.

Thank you for you quick reply. But how fast can I go down with the really huge amounts I'm taking? I know that the first 30, 40 mg are not that bad. The lower the dose is the worse it gets, right? And from wich timepoint on I should take the Oxas? ANd how much compared to my stupidity to eat so much benzos?

JJ

I honestly don’t know. It would depend on the doses you’re taking of the other benzos and their equivalencies with oxazepam. I would google equivalencies charts or consult a doctor to be honest. The hyper potent RC benzos can be very dangerous and long lived.

What I would suggest is you find the minimum dose neccesary to keep you on your feet, then take that dose on a regular basis, slowly decreasing the dose over time.
An equivalency chart may help, but the end game should be dose reduction, not figuring out a dose that will get you high :)

My grandpa suffered from malignant epilepsy attacks and without alprazolam he probably wouldn't have made it to 83..
It seems the yought these days has replaced a few beers with a mg or two etizx which I find totally f*cked up. Guys, you're taking sick people medication, what up?

I don’t know how anyone finds benzodiazepines recreational. The most I can think of is the relief some people might feel from anxiety, or a panic attack and confusing that feeling with some sort of euphoria. I just don’t get it. Dunno
I felt euphoria from Xanax especially. Relief too, but if I took it without anxiety, the euphoria was still there. I guess it hits people differently?
Nowadays though, after years of abuse, they just give me relief. Nothing else.

I used to get the euphoria from etizolam pretty strong the first few weeks I took it. Ever since then the only time I get the 'euphoria' is from anxiety relief. BZDs really are a shitty drug class for recreational ab/use. Probably the highest level of diminishing returns I've ever seen.

Haha. This is the first I saw this thread not sure why.
Benzos are a freaking nightmare to get off long term and/or heavy dosing. Worst ever in my opinion and experience. Kicked em by themselves and along with opioids at a previous time. They were both times just as psychotic and soul crushing. I hope to never go through that again it did actually leave me a little broken but at the same time a bit harder in my stance on abusing this substance. I fear no other withdrawal in the least.
I recently came into possession of the equivalent to 60 bars and after a year of being without any benzos it just feels sooooooooooooooooo great to shrug all this heavy ass baggage even if just for a couple weeks. I will stop it at the two week mark regardless of what remains. It will be hard but just like all else (especially yay - my favorite "speed"), remembering where it takes me and what it takes to get back will help hugely with this resolution.

But, yeah. I would never reccomend becoming physically and emotionally dependent on this class of drug... especially at higher doses. Some give their lives trying to get off.

I notice too that we have had a lot of threads with people asking how bad their withdrawal will be after 2 weeks one month, several months. And a few of them could have been avoided with a little diligence and gaining knowledge by reading here. I mean the other people that use the meds correctly usually don't post. But even some of them come in and say it is not worth it.

I got euphoria once from a benzo, but the level of anxiety I was under was one of those once or twice in a lifetime stress events. So it relieved it. When I tried to get that again without that anxiety I just got a mild sleepy effect.

I especially read all the benzo posts here as that time period earlier in the year required anxiety relief. But due to the knowledge I got here I made sure I did not even do it more than twice a week until that time period was over. And I considered that excessive.

I for sure need some of these meds around. The way India banned export of etizolam is BS. I still think powder will still be around. People should have access. .I just want some on hand. I may flat out ask my doc for 30-50 alprazolam. If it is that hard then I will go the the DN but my doc seems like she would be ok with a one off or on occassion script. For context 50 etizolam pills lasted me about 18 months.

But yes other than a med for a specific purpose there really is no "fun" with these or people would not try and down 10 blue valiums for an effect. But sure as shit someone will post in this section in the next few days that they started taking these things daily and got themselves into a pickle.

Good post CG, people really need a reminder. And with all the info I still can not understand anyone missing any facts with this.

Last edited: