• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

PIRACETAM - legal status in Aus; conclusion

I tried to order some Aniracetam powder from the US the other day. I was told via email that they could not send it to Australia! Now has the law changed recently or was this supplier an exception?

The other thought I was pondering was where does Aniracetam in the US originate from? I know that Aniracetam can be purchased in large quantities from China at a fraction of the cost/unit of what the US suppliers have it for. My only concern is the quality of the product that may come from China. (yes based on stories of toxic chemicals in Baby milk, who knows what the quality standards would be for a chemical with such limited popularity)

How ever, it would annoy me greatly if (as I suspect is likely) the US suppliers were simply importing bulk amounts of Aniracetam from Chinese chemical companies and the repackaging it and selling it with a massive mark up!

I tried to order some Aniracetam powder from the US the other day. I was told via email that they could not send it to Australia! Now has the law changed recently or was this supplier an exception?

The other thought I was pondering was where does Aniracetam in the US originate from? I know that Aniracetam can be purchased in large quantities from China at a fraction of the cost/unit of what the US suppliers have it for. My only concern is the quality of the product that may come from China. (yes based on stories of toxic chemicals in Baby milk, who knows what the quality standards would be for a chemical with such limited popularity)

How ever, it would annoy me greatly if (as I suspect is likely) the US suppliers were simply importing bulk amounts of Aniracetam from Chinese chemical companies and the repackaging it and selling it with a massive mark up!

I have pretty much given up on the hope of obtaining racetams.

I have pretty much given up on the hope of obtaining racetams.

I did end up finding a place that would send to Aus. It was back in August. As it turned out the other place's issue with sending here was simply postage costs. I don't know why they didn't just put a note on their web site stating that postage would be extra if OS.

EDIT:

Also I never found anything to suggest that Aniracetam is illegal here.

Sorry to get off topic but what do people feel they get out of piracetem? Does it have a noticeable positive effect on our life? I'm interested in trying a few nootropics and am just curious as to whether it is worth it.

Never felt anything more then what can be called a placebo (includeing mixed with choline)

I've just got in a tub of piracetam, running it at 3g a day in divided doses. It's been 3 days and haven't noticed too much yet. Anyone tell me when I'll start to notice anything????

I've just heard unofficially that the FDA has banned piracetam (declared it a drug) so it may soon become very hard to source if you're getting it from the states. Probably has something to do with one of the large pharma companies wanting it listed as a prescription substance to make more money out of it.... I don't have a concrete reference yet though sorry.

I imported some as recently as several weeks ago, was opened by customs, inspected and released, no problems.

I've just heard unofficially that the FDA has banned piracetam (declared it a drug) so it may soon become very hard to source if you're getting it from the states. Probably has something to do with one of the large pharma companies wanting it listed as a prescription substance to make more money out of it.... I don't have a concrete reference yet though sorry.

Yeah I got the same email, I cant reproduce the entire thing because it would list a source but here is some of it.

FDA bans Piracetam

The FDA has recently informed retailers and distributors that Piracetam is being marked as a drug. That it is not legal to sell as a dietary supplement. ************.com was informed of this on Monday August 30th, 2010. We have been given 15 days to respond to this letter from the FDA.

^shit i hope not, i'll need another tub in the next few months. i love the stuff and the effects have been noticeable.

I made a post about this in PD: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=522103

Someone posted the actual letter the vendor got in that thread. Looking a bit less scammy now...

Probably a US pharma company wanting to make it a prescription drug.
Of course, this wont mean the end of piracetam. Just piracetam from the US.

You can buy piracetam from [snip] Located in Melbourne.

Mods, if this is innapropriate, just erase it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuking Christ on the Cross...Piracetam is a Schedulled 4 Controlled SUbstance...and there are hardly any vendors online who ship it out anymore...So just go in to your local pharmacy and umm, buy some fucking SAME or DMAE and make Australia's economy richer, instead of China....!

nootropics, mmkay? L-Phenylalanine...let me see. Captain Hindsight says that there is no proven evidence of 'natural' nootropics being beneficial...its all mind over matter...now, as for pharmaceutical nootropics, such as shitalin, dexamphetamine, reboxetine and umm, Modavigil, well theres a whole other side of the dimensions in improving ones brains smartss..

I have tried putting in an order of 50gms Oxiracetam, 2 bottles of 5-htp and 150gms of alpha-gpc. I am keen to see how it goes.

I also emailed the TGA a few days ago re the importation of pira, ani and oxi and am awaiting a response