Pink Floyd vs Led Zeppelin

Which one?

• Total voters
You can't even compare their two completely different bands,

So it really depends in my mood if I'm smoking pot and wanna lay down and listen to Floyd,

Or have some beers and listen to Zep.

Floyd is better. Zeppelin doesn't have the balls to incorporate the kazoo or the slide whistle into their songs.

Grew up with both, seen both. Zep had it in my youth because I could identify with their energy. But Floyd had it as soon as I hit my 20's

So yeah, very different beasts. Floyd for the trippers and thinkers, Zep for the movers.

GIlmour is also the BIGGEST influence on my guitar playing. I wanna form another Floyd tribute band....not just another though...the best! pm me anyone! :)

Why compare? They have two completely different styles. I really can't choose.
I listen to Zep when I wanna party, and I listen to Floyd when I wanna chill.

i have to say i dont like either of these bands nearly as much as i used to, but i prefer floyd.

I love zep. After a long day i like to sit on my back porch watch the sunset and listen to the rain song and be super mellow.

The people who voted for Zeppelin created hair bands in the 80's through their influence. Floyd wrote and created full canvasses every time while they still had Roger Waters... They were the defining authors of the "concept album." Zepplin usually created singles collections... singles collections are fine for the radio, but fuck the radio!

Led Zeppelin. Although their musical thievery is very annoying they're still amazing.

I never got the fuss over Floyd at all.

Close call, i voted Zep becasue of the parties I went to and had sex while listening to Zep,even though that was in the early to mid 90's lol...Pink floyd is more of a deep trip music type to me as I tripped acid the first time listening to Pink Floyd and Jimi Hendrix..Zep is more rock music to party to and get laid than Pink floyn which is more mystical music to me for special psycedelic occasions,but i like them both...

Pink Floyd...The Greatest Band Ever...

Gilmour has my heart but Syd has been in my head!!!

I name all my animals after musicians...

Syd Barrett "Floyd" is the current love of my life...a shaggy, vanilla colored malti-poo born 9/9/9-which also happens to be my favorite number...999

Floyd's Animals is truly a full album-length "novel" with a nearly "classical" level of compositional complexity, sensitivity and skill... themes recur throughout and are musically related to each other and reprise in touching and devastating summing-up in the end like a great symphony. Led Zep is more gut-level intensity and more raw, very awesome, but never did this sort of totally integrated rock-symphony (The Wall is cool, but more like an opera with lots of various bits and pieces thrown in... much less of a continuous-flow symphony)