Pink Floyd vs Led Zeppelin

Which one?

• Total voters
i voted led zeppelin, although i like floyds best work better. floyd just has too many bullshit, pretentious albums for me to put them over zeppelin.

edit: i voted for zeppelin but i was listening to floyd on salvia last night and remembered how much iller they are then zeppelin for drug use.

Last edited:
pink floyd, for me by far.
for some reason i could never really get into led zeppelin, dunno, im weird i guess.

pink anderson?

pink2.jpg

Floyd Council?

2626340.jpg

Don't really listen to either much anymore but I far prefer Pink Floyd. They made Animals and Piper at the Gates of Dawn... nuff said.

Floyd all the way, musically, lyrically,visually, i think there music creates a picture in the mind and has an gloomy feel to it, like to much acid when theres a bad storm and it's really dark outside.

Pink Floyd hands down, especially Roger Waters era stuff. The Syd Barrett stuff didn't do much for me other than provide some laughs and David Gilmour was just boring when he took control.

I like them both, but for different reasons and enjoy them at different times...

Pink Floyd is great for being stoned or high on opiates. Llying in bed and feeling calm and happy, or trying to sleep... and always good for after-sex.

Led Zeppelin is great for listening to while driving, blasting when I'm pissed off or annoyed, singing to when I'm happy and busy, and playing when I'm just feeling good.

I really can't chose. :( But I guess I would say Floyd, just because my love for The Dark Side Of The Moon is immense.

WE had this very discussion at work the other day . Well kinda. Black Sabbath was add to Floyd and Zep. Although I'd prefer Sabbath thats not the question.
Chalk one up for Zeppelin.

Zeppelin gets down harder. Theyre posessed with a powerful ingenuity of rhythm and melody. Most of the popular stuff is just scratching the surface. Try 'In My Time of Dying', 'White Summer/Black Mountain Slid', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' or Achilles Last Stand'. Floyd is definitely more avant-garde for the time period. Beautiful albums, one must experience their records whole because the music is just tied so well together.

Zeppelins just has a more powerful energy behind them.

Went with Zepplin.
I can listen to them all day long while Floyd eventually loses it's stride with me.
Both wonderful bands though.

^ You do realize led zeppelin is the most famous cover band in history, right?

Pink Floyd is the sountrack to when I'm tripping I think Floyd is better. Echoes is the ULTIMATE trip song and DSOTM is the only album I can listen to front to back.

I liek Zepplin but sometimes there are too many "OOOOOOOOOHHH BAAAAAABBY" and other things robert plant screams randomly and it gets annoying.

This is a tough one...both good bands for sure.
But I have to say Pink Floyd... the first time I heard Pink Floyd my ears orgasmed.

PinK FLoyD!!!

Pink Floyd is the sountrack to when I'm tripping I think Floyd is better. Echoes is the ULTIMATE trip song and DSOTM is the only album I can listen to front to back.

I liek Zepplin but sometimes there are too many "OOOOOOOOOHHH BAAAAAABBY" and other things robert plant screams randomly and it gets annoying.

I completely agree with this statement. The "Ohhhhh Babies" get a little annoying especially if it's like every other song which is the case with Zep. I do like Zeppelin despite Plant. Page is a giant, one heck of a musician.

Pink Floyd for me because they are probably my favorite band of all time. They are deeper, darker and more personal.

Zep rocked but so did a lot of other bands like the Stones, the Who, Queen..

Another factor is that Pink Floyd were more of an original band than Zeppelin b/c a good portion of Zeppelin's repertoire contains cover tunes. Nothing necessarily wrong with that but it does come into play.

Zeppelin gets down harder. Theyre posessed with a powerful ingenuity of rhythm and melody. Most of the popular stuff is just scratching the surface. Try 'In My Time of Dying', 'White Summer/Black Mountain Slid', 'Nobody's Fault But Mine' or Achilles Last Stand'. Floyd is definitely more avant-garde for the time period. Beautiful albums, one must experience their records whole because the music is just tied so well together.

Zeppelins just has a more powerful energy behind them.

That is a joke... have you ever seen "Live at Pompeii?

Floyd (Especially early Flyd) GETS DOWN) Astronomy Dominae is my Favorite song EVER!!!

and to those who think that Floyd stole from Zep/... thats a laugh.... Zep stole from everyone elsee in the world.....

ps

Jeff Beck is the man... he would be in pink floyd if roger waters had balls