• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

In the United States, especially the western United States, we are flooded in high quality MDMA pills. Thanks to websites like pillreports and the increasing prevalence of testing kits, the pipes and weak pills become known right from the offset, word spreads, and people don't buy those pills. From what I hear, MDMA is making a come back in the United Kingdom as well.

Hey, welcome to Bluelight. :)

I'm going to move your thread to European and African Drug Discussion, as I think it'd be more relevant there. Thanks for sharing your experience, and I do hope that you and your wife get a chance to roll properly.

I suggest you make use of Pill Reports, and also discuss in your regional drug discussion forum here at bluelight as well as making use of a test kit.

I copied this from another post - sort of sums up what happened

Early 2000's arrived and along came piperazines. They were a legal "alternative" to dangerous/killer pills that were being taken by ravers (MDMA/Ecstasy). At first they were only available online - slowly but surely dirty pressers got wind of it and started to buy it by the tonne and press it into pills that everyone recognised (mitzis/rolexs/crowns etc) and for a while nobody noticed and thought these new pills are strong. Then some people started to realise that the "new" pills were off (Off=no empathy, no loved up feelings, no sleeping afterwards, sickness, paranoia etc) - the rest of the people didn’t really care / fucked up with them was A/OK so the majority of the pill people gobbled up the pips (pills got cheaper and cheaper). The pill pressers thought- wow legal drugs give better returns than "illegal" drugs – I can get caught but wont be locked up for dealing in Grade A drugs (MDMA). So pressers had “legal” chemicals and a customer that knew nothing else. The “dirty” pills came out and everyone ate them up– so they made more. One day those in the know (the people on the site) said “hang on” this isn’t MDMA or MD. but it was too late. Piperazine pills were already established-many clubbers didn’t notice the difference between being able to club all night, go home and sleep between club all night go home and be sick for the following two days! A new generation of clubbers arrived that didn’t know what MDMA/Ecstasy was – they thought that the Piperazine pills they were consuming (and the side effects) were “normal” so they bought them – pressers kept making them. In the meantime the precursor chemicals to making real MDMA got harder and harder to obtain so the “real” pressers were making less pills.

The 'Disco Buiscuits' are one of the better pills in South Africa in some time - for the last year or so there has been a lot of suspected repressed pills with little to no MDMA in them at all.

The good stuff is always out there. Its more a case of its not as available. If you search really hard you will find most things.

Damn I do wish I'd tried those Snowballs though :D

snowballs were freaking amazing , one of the best i had in the good old days, only thing u had to watch for was that they looked just like plant food pills lol so some people got ripped off big time in them days my girlfriend at the time being one of them no matter how much i told her they were fake just by tasting one ... oh well

your fav E ever

back when they were good what was your fav E and why?

i think i would have to go with the mitsubishis, down to specific......

the silver speckled because it gave you continues rushes all night, you had that sort of TV vision we used to call it and the come one was proper rushes, jaw chattering and eyes rolling. It had a slight loved up feeling on them but it was more the " everything is amazing " feeling lol

Blue speckled mitsu was also good, unlike the silver though it wasn't about rushes, it was more an amazing trip you got from them but everything still felt good in the world and there was no come down from them what so ever

My most disliked E's were the TT's that were around for a while, there were different batches of them , some were ok but some were just completely shit

but worse than them was these pills called magic circles, put it this way i think we done about 50 each and not one of us got a come on, a rush or even a trip, it was more like you knew you wasnt normal and that was it, i would defo say they were the worst ever.

oh the good old days lol, too old for that carry on now

my first run in with pills was rhubarbs n custards, which were ace then we got kingsize rhubarbs we opened them up to find acid tabs inside,so we didnt take those, then we had orange pills stamped with the letters p t (party,prime times or pete tongs) we had fat bastards/ snowballs, flat liners, red devils n doves.
sometimes the come up of one half would be so strong i'd have to leave the pub/club n go to an open space and rush out, bent over hands on knees, breathing heavy blowing the air out , eyes rolling, the world spinning, me going from standing to leaping from balcony to curb to sitting to rushing ,sweating, eyes rolling, i'm sure i must have looked like a mad man well boy. were i seen by any one back then.
some times the onset of the first rushes felt so strong that they brought a massive wave of anxiety like what i was feeling was too much, too nice, to much, too strong, fuck it made me panic in the very first few times. I remember running round in circles sort of just gnawring and gnashing and jaw shaking uncontrollaby, i'd put my hands out to my side and systematically lower em them down in order to slow my come up, it worked then i'd start the almost running in a circle head to the sky panting rush again, and realize i was rushing out so out would go the arms to lower me to earth.
the first time i saw my mate on e he looked so happy and comfy and didnt care his face was all over the place and all the girls were all over him as he could empathise with what ever they said...it looked lush. he caught my eye as his head lolled about jaw whirring away and gave methe look that said i just had to try this new drug. it was £12.50 for half a white barrel/snowball but boy it looked worth it. It was when i took one the next week.it did change my life for the better.I loved em so so so much.

good pills back in the day were
fido didos,the very first blue grey playboys(these were very very strong n damp had em at glasto95 got em from cardiff they were after the doves went shit),woodywood peckers the seven dwarfs,dollars,euros,pounds,bulldogs,robins,hammer n sickles,rockets,swans,swallows,pink calias,shamrocks,apples,capital e's, little e's from brum,brown speckled double doves 1995,milleniums,californain sunrises,butterflies,flatliners,fred west,they had a noose on em.mitzi's,vw's mcdonalds very well made.
the best time for the e market was when a hundred cost £300 and they'd go for a £10 each.

Last edited:
Wish I'd tried Snowballs and the original doves :(

Fuck the pills like Playstations etc around 04, and those blue triangle Mitsu's 2 years ago I would pay £10 for now no bother!

Not to mention the £20 a g crystal MDMA and raw as fuck cocaine. Those were the days!

What stamp did the play station have,and yeah the fred wests came out just after he hung him self they were great

Me and my mate turned up to school around 7:30 and were sat ion the floor in one of the corridors with the contents of our bag on the floor (2lts water, bucket and spade, toy pull around phone amonst other things) and the deputy headmaster and two ofsted inspectors walked around the corner... They looked fairly confused, said good morning and were on their way...

You started taking pills when you were 8 years old?

Ahh my era at last =D

Started doing pills in 91 - snowballs, doves, swans but XXXs mainly. There was a spell of around a year where there was a total flood of XXXs and you could get as many as you could possibly want. That was when pills were selling for 20 quid a pop though and even on the 100 you were still looking at 12 or 15 quid...mental! Thing was though you ALWAYS got a proper dunt off them.

Remember being a bit scared of trying E first time and for the first few raves I went to so I would make up caps with 300mg sulph and a quarter or maybe a half ectoid. Not sure just how much of a hit I was getting off a quarter even allowing for the honeymoon effect and looking back through rose tinted eyewear but they did the trickI can say that!! Those were the days...1 pill MAX and a bit of speed and you could dance for nigh on 12 hours.

Stopped doing pills mid nineties and have only had the odd one since but can honestly say whether its down to having lost the magic or whatever else I haven't had anything like the ones I got in the early 90s. Price wise...20 quid was steep but it meant I couldn't buy many (poor student ;) ) so each one was an event in itself and if you compared 20 quid for one of these bad boys to 20 quid of bevy there was no contest!

I'd happily pay a tenner for something equivalent to one of those now...

Am off for a horlicks =D

Wish I'd tried Snowballs and the original doves :(

Fuck the pills like Playstations etc around 04, and those blue triangle Mitsu's 2 years ago I would pay £10 for now no bother!

Not to mention the £20 a g crystal MDMA and raw as fuck cocaine. Those were the days!

First Pills(capsules) were Dennis the Menace and Rhubard and Custards 89/90?

Snowballs, fuck me I shudder to think how people would react to them now! MDA is most definitely nothing like MDMA.
It is trippy to the point you think you have taken acid by mistake! (Well it is in the dosage those snowballs came in). It also lasts alot longer than MDMA.....this may sound mad but I used to take a quarter of one at a time! The up of those badboys was unreal...and for me quite unpleasant. Remember we used to stock up on Jellies post club to try and get back to sort of normality!
The effect they had on some people was quite unbelieavble, can remember talking too one guy who thought every one was a rubik's cube!

Around the same time you could get pills with EVE marked on them ie MDEA as opposed to ADAM MDMA. Weird thing is I have read loads of people saying on pillreports etc that they think pill was full of MDEA no empathy etc. Well after trying MDEA (EVE pills) I have to say they were fantastic. You didnt get quite a huge up, less trippy but defo very chatty.

Other suberb pills were called Disco Biscuits just a huge paracetamol shape no markings....again some people took in quarters!

Oh and pills marked with 180mg.....at time thought I was being ripped off withsome dodgy pharm....now know it was the dosage of MDMA!

The effect they had on some people was quite unbelieavble, can remember talking too one guy who thought every one was a rubik's cube!

lol remember them snowballs had some right funny effects, spent a while one night watching me mate trying to put a coin into the back of some poor girl's head cos he thought she was a fag machine.....8o

I still love MDA more, think it's better for getting out there dancing music and chaos...MDMA I like at home with wife or good friends.....

Pills of the day for me....Snowballs, shamrocks, doves, that's about all we got from 91-95....notice a few people mentioning flatliners, I remember not being too impressed with them ones......

Monk...x

Weird innit?

...up here snowballs had a rep for being 'smacky' and making people gouch but not for being trippy. I don't really ever recall having a pill and being totally tripped or gouched on it back then cos I was usually too out of my tits to think about it =D

My first pill was a TT. They were amazing. There was a few batches. Apparently some were MDMA and speed, and I think some were MDMA/MDA. My next ones were probably Mitsis and they were fantastic.

i remember when mda crystal was about alot of people thought it was "smacky" or cut with ket. the couple of months it was about was a bit ridiculous really as i was doing 500mg of the mda and also 500mg of mdma crystal each weekend i cant even really remember any of those nights either just totally floored for hours and hours

that's weird people finding MDA smacky, it's much more energetic and hyper than MDMA.

somepeople thought it was just unclean mdma and because of that assumed it was cut with smack or sumfing, it didnt make much sense to me at the time either but thats what people were saying.