• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Pills circa 19xx Get all your pill nostalgia discussion done here

All of the above were amazing but those doves!!!! Unbelievable. There seemed to be millions of them too.

It was nothing but Doves for a good 2-3 years really, 88-90/91. First non-dove I did was the Rhubarb&Custards capsules.

Welcome to BL. Old skool unite. %)

:)

It was nothing but Doves for a good 2-3 years really, 88-90/91. First non-dove I did was the Rhubarb&Custards capsules.

Welcome to BL. Old skool unite. %)

:)

Cheers %) We were definately spoilt then. Have had one decent tablet in the last year and a half (paid £10...happily). Not that I go mad on them nowadays but whenever I go on a night out (whatever the occasion) I just like to have the odd half through the night (I can hide it well but just feel great). Actually have no desire to go out if I havent got a couple of little fellas in my pocket . If I dont, I end up on coke which just does not compare in any way shape or form (even the good stuff). Havent tried Meph and dont intend to do so (to old to be experimenting now)

The situation is dire where I am (the club Im on about above is a clue!) and kids and students are just lapping these pips up. It really is no wonder why the dealers are selling them. I made the mistake of taking about 4 in a night a couple of years ago because I just presumed they were low dose MDMA. Still didnt feel much after about three and hours then BAM. What followed was the worst 24hours of my life. Just disgusting horrible dirty things. How people enjoy them is beyond me.

I just hope that we get flooded by a decent pill or crystal then the youngsters can experience the magic. Its just a wonderful drug. Nothing compares IMO. Hopefully then they will realise just how shit these pips are and supply and demand will pressure the market.

I want one now please :)

The best pills I had were very crumbly Mitzi Turbos around in 98-99. Coming up, body rushes, dancing like a nutter, total euphoria! We used to bulk buy cos they were so good. I haven't taken mdma for years cos nothing's ever come close to what was about then.

They were different in that they had a parma violet smell and they turned the E-Z Test a deep inky blue rather than the dark maroon/brown colour that you got with more recent pills.

I was told that the quality of pills declined after that cos Russia changed their laws regarding safrole. Not sure how true that is but something definitely happened about that time.

How true is that?

Does anyone have any pictures of old skool pills tested as "inky blue" as opposed to something like this:

dsc00345u.jpg

If you look at this test from a recent pill in the US, u'll see inky blue results:

19803.jpg

Are you saying that these are of better quality or of a better precurser than the first pic?

Last edited:
squares. about 90>91 ish.. then years of doves. but the best must have been a black square. the only time a have ever seen a black pill. was well wasted on a 1/2.

89-92
californian sunsets,phase fours/eva`s/real white doves(wasted on half)/white russians/brown biscuits(big)/new yorkers/china whites/snowballs/green apples/

i would sell my soul for a few now=D

:) Yeah thats more like my time. The sunsets and doves were some of the best. Do you remember swans?

How true is that?

Does anyone have any pictures of old skool pills tested as "inky blue" as opposed to something like this:

dsc00345u.jpg

If you look at this test from a recent pill in the US, u'll see inky blue results:

19803.jpg

Are you saying that these are of better quality or of a better precurser than the first pic?

I don't know what causes the difference. All I know is the best pills I had always tested dark blue, while others tested brown, just like the examples you've pictured. The good ones were mainly 98-99, with the decline in quality happening in the lead up to the millenium. I used to take a test kit to the dealer and only buy if they turned blue.

I wouldn't mind trying one of those US ones. Just seeing that colour makes my heart beat a little bit faster!

I think that picture that Ringfinger has posted is of a robadope test, as opposed to a marquis. I might be wrong.

You would need to see the marquis, robodope and simmons of each pill for this theory to be discussed much further really i think.

do you mean simon's? robadope goes red/pink while that does look like the colour simon's goes when in contact with a secondary amine

Simons doesnt usually go that dark a blue though?! Not in my experiance anyway. mind you only ever bothered using it a couple of times. Usually it was just marquis to tell if its worth eating them!

been years since i used a simons so you're probably right, just wish I knew what the difference in marquis colour actually meant if it is marquis

Yep i'd also love to know what this means. Heres a picture of the colour a simons should go for MDMA, not as dark as the one Ringfinger has posted...

Sonics004.jpg

I don't know what causes the difference. All I know is the best pills I had always tested dark blue, while others tested brown, just like the examples you've pictured. The good ones were mainly 98-99, with the decline in quality happening in the lead up to the millenium. I used to take a test kit to the dealer and only buy if they turned blue.

I wouldn't mind trying one of those US ones. Just seeing that colour makes my heart beat a little bit faster!

By best do you mean strongest or cleaner high?

Ahh yes elephants, the missing link

My first ever pill was said Elephants. Second, Third, Fourth and so on were said original Mitsubishi's.
Or at least the first mitzi's I ever came across, and im fairly certain the first in Dublin.

This was late 1998, and both were absolutely mindblowing.

Other notables of the era:

Snowballs - as people have said, these were MDA

Green Triangles - not the DMX copies, the original ones - again mindblowing

Supermen (grazed) - still the strongest ever drug experience I've had, and I've had many.

Aladdins/Genies - jesus.. tiny, but STRONG.

Also remember nights on 007's, Mercedes, Smiley Faces, Batmans, Stars... good times.

i first got the mitzis around june-july 98.
anybody remember the red triangles around 96.
had them 007s early 2001 after a 12month break from drugs,they were some pills.
also had them stars=in the shape of a 5 point star,pure white and rock hard they would be in my top 3 pills ever.the bloke we were getting them off didnt like the look of them and sold us a shit load at a 1.25euro each.

Quality gone down

Hey everyone,

I use to take e quite regularly around 1999 - 2001. The pills were great, the clubs were great, the people on e were great. We use to have an awesome time down here in South Africa. We did have farely regular dealers who we baught our pills from but it was never really a big issue to get good quality pills. If you had a bit of common sense when buying from certain types of people, you'd be pretty sure of getting some good quality pills and have a great party no matter who you got your pills from.

Well since 2002 till about 1.5 years ago I completely quit pills. Not a single pill for about 6.5 years. Then I decided to relive some of the good old times and give pills another go. Wow is it difficult to find anything good out there. I know i've been out of the scene for a while so I dont have any dealer connections like I use to. But we have some clubs here where you can very easily buy right outside the club on your way in. And in my mind if you're buying from dealers who are right outside the club you'd expect the drugs to be of a good quality or you're going to have a whole club (mostly) full of very annoyed customers. Well I guess I was wrong.

I've now been getting a few pills once every 3 - 4 months or so, and am constantly searching for something good. With no luck. So the search continues. I've only had one good night in the last 1.5 years and that was a result of taking 5 pills through the course of the night. In the old days 2 pills through the course of the night would be plenty!

What's going on here? What happened? Im sure this is not only specific to South Africa. Is MDMA only a distant (fond) memory because people sell absolute shyte nowadays and get away with it? Have people moved away from pills (mdma) onto something else that I dont know about?

I had an Audi on new years eve with my wife which is probably the best pill have had in the last 6 months,...but even that was really below average when compared to what we use to get. Nothing special. That was only the 2nd time my wife has ever taken a pill so I was really hoping she could experience what it's suppose to be like. See how amazing it can be. But now twice in a row we've gotten sub standard pills and she thinks that's all there is :-(

To those South African's here, are there actually any good pills around these days? I've heard that disco biscuits are good but haven't managed to find any yet.

Sorry for the long rant (on my first post here). Im sure this probably isn't the first time someone has ranted about this given the general quality that seems to be out there. Maybe im just looking in the wrong place and need to be patient till I get some good connections together again.

Great forum, keep it up.

Last edited: