• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

(Photography) Why you love the place you live

^Wow, me too! That is such a cool picture. It looks like a Japanese print.<3

Moar beach pics
This was today

153lki0.jpg

It is definitely spring and that is bringing us closer to the one year date of losing the beautiful soul that started this thread. When we moved in here, I was 8 months pregnant with him. I dug all these daffodils up from a site that was about to be bulldozed and transplanted them here. Their arrival every year means his birthday is coming soon. Now the Tibetan prayer flags we hung for him are flying above the fragrant blooms. No more birthdays--only the arrival of endless anniversaries of the day of his leaving--still, the daffodils arrive. stay safe everyone and hold on to those you love. Celebrate their beauty, and your own, with everything you've got.<3

herbavore - what a beautiful post, lovely home and absolutely gorgeous photo. I just love everything about it. I hope you and yours get through the anniversaries and date of your loved one's birthday ok.

Here's a summer shot, I'll have to get a nice one tm since its winter.

SDC10844.jpg

^ Whereabouts it that?

Herbavore, you have a gorgeous garden. I love rambling cottage gardens like that, and daffodils are one of my favourite flowers. Most bulbs really.

DarwinBotanicalgardens021-1.jpg

DarwinBotanicalgardens005-1.jpg

Darwin Australia. I don't live there anymore, I miss it.

Last edited:
Ok I officially want to move to Canada now, that photo is beautiful. Would love to see a Winter shot!

If i have the ambition to walk up the hill to the neighbors i'll get an even nicer shot.

Every time I wanna post up some pictures, I have a hard time deciding between multiple threads. I don't wanna be a little whore, but at the same time, most of my pictures fall into multiple categories. Pet photos, the place you live, megamerged photography thread, but I got to thinking that these pictures at least belong in this thread.

People who aren't from Ohio, a lot of times, wanna rib Ohioans for being from a shitty state, but I love living in Ohio. It's a gorgeous place to live. It's such a subtle place to live. :)

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

DSC_0882b.jpg

DSC_0719.jpg

and I don't remember if I've posted this one in this thread before, but I'm pretty sure I've posted it somewhere in SO.

DSC_0709.jpg

Last edited:
NSFW:
DSC_0719.jpg

and I don't remember if I've posted this one in this thread before, but I'm pretty sure I've posted it somewhere in SO.
You posted it in one of the photography contests. :)

Excellent photographs, man. I wish I had half your talent/skill with a camera. Refresh my memory: What type of camera do you use again? I have a digital and a 35mm SLR, both of which I want to start using more, esp. the 35mm. Half the joy is developing your own negatives, but unfortunately I can't do that anymore. :-/

^ I love film. I've spent the last couple of days scanning in some of my (literally 100s) old film photos to my computer. I do love my SLR as well though, room for both I think still, there's quite a big film revival at the moment although I lost my beloved Pentax a few years back :(:(

I actually took better photos with film than my SLR which I'm still learning. One way of taking good photos is to just take photos of everything, I take my camera out with me to most places and if I don't, I often see random things I wish I could take a photo of.

undead I just love your photos, the colours and light are always so beautiful. Ohio looks really pretty to me.