• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

(Photography) Why you love the place you live

Hi @herbavore how are you? :)

FYfxees.jpg

hCDl8BU.png

cSdBdQ5.jpg

k77Pra0.jpg

oSCbo9d.jpg

WOW, WOW, WOW! Spring! That last photo is ultra-incredible! I turned my laptop upside down and sideways trying to figure out what it is. Crystals? Ice? A fantastic mushroom trip somehow magically caught on film?

I am as the world is....tightrope walking between all the uncertainties of our time here on mama earth. So far healthy, a bit claustrophobic in quarantine but enjoying the birds in my garden. Spring is outdoing herself here as well. I hope you are well.<3

@herbavore that looks great, good to see you're doing well :)

I really miss living by the ocean, here's a pic from when I lived out on the East coast...

outeast.jpg

WOW, WOW, WOW! Spring! That last photo is ultra-incredible! I turned my laptop upside down and sideways trying to figure out what it is. Crystals? Ice? A fantastic mushroom trip somehow magically caught on film?

I am as the world is....tightrope walking between all the uncertainties of our time here on mama earth. So far healthy, a bit claustrophobic in quarantine but enjoying the birds in my garden. Spring is outdoing herself here as well. I hope you are well.<3

It's from a few years ago, it was March I think, and I was hiking on a trail near my house, we came upon a tiny stream and it had been frozen but was melting, the moss and rocks underneath were partly melted but little globs of ice were left, and the sttream was flowing over them.

I actually won one of the photo contests with that one. :)

I'm doing pretty well, I had an awful last 2 years, an absolute shitstorm of stuff, the clincher being my dad dying a slow ALS death. Plus a manipulative divorce, DUI, financial troubles... ended up relapsing on opiates for about 8 months, recently got off, trying to find my stride again but things are looking up. Just in time for social isolation and cancellation of all my band's touring plans for the foreseeable future. Good times...

My girlfriend and I went on a hike today, actually back to the trail we hiked on on our first real date. Took a few pictures, it's such a beautiful place. I'm thankful I live right by the BRParkway and have access to a huge amount of beautiful wilderness, I would probably be certifiably insane by now if I lived in a city.

LsawtCS.jpg

1fU3ntk.jpg

DeCkZB9.jpg

Ets0Ehc.jpg

nice flower shots, Lady.

just found out why when i upload my videos to youtube in 4k, the highest option in playback is 1080p. it's because i'm using safari. i checked on firefox and all the playback options are there and the difference if very noticeable.