Philip Glass, Vangelis & Co - EDM or...?

Tubeway Army [1979] - Something's In The House

tumblr_pezydnONzL1vwyrv1o2_r1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
You're right it's not EDM, genre-wise. EDM is a more recent style.

Not that genre matters that much. Good music is always good music.

Steve Roach is the name of a very prolific guy who mostly does more ambient droney stuff but you might like it. He has been around for decades doing his thing and i find he gets better all the time so i would recommend some of his more recent works.

Another peripheral recommendation is weird prog rock which co-evolved with the electronic ambient music. I find that bands like Popol Vuh and Amon Düül II explore much the same territory of hypnotism as the electronic artists you mentioned. Also, Klaus Schulze is worth a mention. He was in one of the german prog bands, and then moved on to electronic music.

Other name drops just in case they haven't been mentioned yet: Mike Oldfield, Tangerine Dream, Ash Ra Tempel

Btw Future Sound of London was a great suggestion and on a similar note i suggest Global Communication with the album 76:14.

Stevie B-Zet's two albums under this name are worth checking out too:

Last edited:
*thread necromancy*
I'm actually going to see Philip Glass do Akhnaten in a few months :) Saw him just a few years ago too, with John Zorn.
The intersection between people who like experimental electronic music and people who appreciate Glass is remarkable.