• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenylpiracetam

Careful, while some of the more common racetams have been shown to potentiate stimulants we have no clue what the implications are for it.

no price discussion.

I've done 500mg doses. Definitely causes insomnia at those doses, but not a tired feeling insomnia, more along the lines of modafinil.

Awesome drug overall. Very stimulating and pro-cognitive, but not euphoric. A highly "functional" stimulant/nootropic.

Main issue I've run into is tolerance. Taking over 200mg a day builds tolerance quickly, which lasts a few days.

Also a legit performance enhancing drug, makes aerobic activity a lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've experimented with phenylpiracetam quite a bit when I went through a bit of a nootropic phase, and it was definitely one of my favorites. It basically seemed to be a more potent version of piracetam, I generally took 150-200mg 2x per day if I recall correctly. It gave me a similar mild boost of cognition/focus to piracetam, though I would not describe it as particularly stimulating, at least not more so than a mild dose of caffeine. It is more stimulating than the more "relaxing" 'racetams such as aniracetam, which for me was a bit calming. I had no side effects from phenylpiracetam, no insomnia, nausea, headaches, just a mild positive mental boost. I generally prefer it to piracetam, the go to nootropic, because of its increased potency and the similarity of effects. Note that this is all personal anecdotal information and not based on any kind of actual scientific study, just my comparison of a variety of Nootropics over the period of a few months. (sampled piracetam, phenylpiracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, noopept, l-huperzine A, all supplemented with choline)

Sorry to revive this thread, but it seems to be the only one about PP.

I've experimented with phenylpiracetam quite a bit when I went through a bit of a nootropic phase, and it was definitely one of my favorites. It basically seemed to be a more potent version of piracetam, I generally took 150-200mg 2x per day if I recall correctly. It gave me a similar mild boost of cognition/focus to piracetam, though I would not describe it as particularly stimulating, at least not more so than a mild dose of caffeine. It is more stimulating than the more "relaxing" 'racetams such as aniracetam, which for me was a bit calming. I had no side effects from phenylpiracetam, no insomnia, nausea, headaches, just a mild positive mental boost. I generally prefer it to piracetam, the go to nootropic, because of its increased potency and the similarity of effects. Note that this is all personal anecdotal information and not based on any kind of actual scientific study, just my comparison of a variety of Nootropics over the period of a few months. (sampled piracetam, phenylpiracetam, aniracetam, oxiracetam, noopept, l-huperzine A, all supplemented with choline)

^ of all the racetams you've trialed, which one do you think is most worthwhile? and are there other nootropics out there that compare to racetams?
For me, aniracetam is a suburb anxiolytic that does not mess with your cognitive abilities. but at times I get too calm to be bothered to do work.
trialed with oxiracetam, but nothing notable.
currently loving the effects of piracetam. It's quite weird though. it took several months to actually feel the positive effects. what is this deal with "incubation periods"? wasted a good few months supply of piracetam and choline supplements to get to where I am. but since then, every dose makes a huge difference from my baseline. which brings me to two questions:
1.) will taking a break, say a couple of weeks, break this "activated" period?
2.) will stronger analogues like PP (phenylpiracetam) require this loading phase or "incubation period"??

just curious.

It's a bit stimulating, ive used it extensively, i find it to be mildly anxiogenic if overused. My current two favorites are coluracetam and fasoracetam, both high affinity acetylcholine reuptake enhancers. Pretty spot on if you ask me :)

whats happened to BL, seems like there's less users by the day. and what is up with the change from ru to org domain? im totally out of the loop.