• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Phenylpiracetam

Unfortunately there is no any information about carphedon analogues, authors say that "Carphedon was found to be the most active substance of the series". It is also said that it has hypotensive properties, and it is an intermediate in the synthesis of phenibut.

WOW, not bad tamtoot! That's what I call a rapid start into this forum. Welcome to Bluelight!!!

- Murphy

Thanks a lot. I'm russian speaking - so feel free to ask if you need to find something.

WOW, not bad tamtoot! That's what I call a rapid start into this forum. Welcome to Bluelight!!!

- Murphy

Yeah no shit. Great post tamtoot, good thing you actually speak Russian, I can barely read Cyrillic but don't know a word of Russian even if some words are not so hard to figure out considering their ancient Greek lineages.
For the first 30 pages of the article I couldn't find anything regarding racetams but that was probably cause the article engulfs a wide range of substances that follow a specific study.
It is somewhat peculiar that the conclusion about racetams was that carphedon was the most 'active' and I'm not sure from which point of view they looked at activity.
I proposed methyphenylpiracetam first long ago along with its non acetamide conjugated analogue wich would very probably be the first metabolite of the above mentioned, later I would predict it to decylicize into methylphenibut and then undergo further metabolic steps. The idea of combining a purely nootropic substance along with another purpotedly nootropic like amphetamine caught my attention back then, plus the pathway that lead to a phenibut analogue was even more interesting since it would somehow smooth some of the characteristic amphetamine psychotic shades and comedown effects.
This however is just an hypothesis, who knows is the amide group would nullify the amphetamine personality (even if a structurally similar stimulant was once synthetized: phenmetramide, no info on that whatsoever), or if the methyl group would sabotage any of the phenibut advatages.
I guess even MurphyClox would have his uncertainties on that...

what about simple 4-methyl-3-phenylpyrrolidine? pulled up nothing on pubchem but it might be an interesting simplified version of 4-methyl-aminorex.

what about simple 4-methyl-3-phenylpyrrolidine? pulled up nothing on pubchem but it might be an interesting simplified version of 4-methyl-aminorex.

There's a dissertation about this (and related) compounds:

"Synthesis of cis-1-methyl-hexahydro-3H-benz[e]indoles and cis-4-methyl-3-phenylpyrrolidines as dopamine agonists."
Debasis Ghosh
Northeast Louisiana Univ., Monroe, LA, USA
Year: 1992)
150 pp

...but that's all info I have :(. Maybe someone near that uni who could have a look.

- Murphy

^If you are referring to 4-methyl-3-phenylpyrrolidine: Not to my knowledge.

I would rather like to see that dissertation first before trying out something like this. The title of that work only states "dopamine agonists", and although chances are somewhat low (deriving from its structure), I don't like to be the one who finds out about effective D2-agonism.

- Murphy

Interesting, so Phenylpiracetam has primarily stimulant properties? Any other effects?

I am currently living in Ukraine, so I trying to find interesting OTC substances. So far I've only found Phenibut and Piracetam, which isn't much.

Carphedon has no any recreatioanal value, trust me. It may be good nootropic drug, but my own expierence says to me that it tend to be anxiogenic.

Anxiogenic? Two 100mg doses an hour apart weren't anxiogenic, rather cleanly stimulating albeit not very strong.

When speaking of stimulants, axiogenesis depends mostly on the individual IMO.

Carphedon has no any recreatioanal value, trust me. It may be good nootropic drug, but my own expierence says to me that it tend to be anxiogenic.

Anxiogenic even? Hmm, I sometimes get mild anxiety on amp, but very rarely. Mild stimulants rarely ever give me any anxiety. Hmm, guess I will have to try look for some other substances...

I'm sorry, i misinterpreted word "anxiety", should write "insomnia".
I was definitely insmoniac because of carhpedon, when i was using it in 100 mg dosage in the morning. For the whole month, when i dropped it - insmonia went away.

This isn't any different in this aspect to piracetam, I also got terrible headaches from piracetam when I started taking it again a few years ago. I'm more interested, however, in its impact on methadone or buprenorphine/15,16-didehydrobuprenorphine. If it was like giving energy (but not like some freaking stimulant) + nootropic action, it might be at least worth a try. By the way, its trade name in Ukraine is Фенотропил or Семакс (these are drops).

PS. Well, PEA skeleton means nothing, if it did, many would get high off salbutamol. On the other hand if it works this way ('giving energy'), it's no wonder it's used as doping and it's banned.

No, you are wrong about "Семакс", it is Semax - a peptide that was discussed here.
As for phenylpiracetam - i heard a rumors from russian psychiatrist board that carphedon is NE reuptake inhibitor, but it is only rumors. My own personal expierence with higher dosage( 400-500mg) says that it is definitely CNS stimulationg drug, I remember writing an exam under 400 mg while listening to Daft Punk in earphones, I pass exam and dance simultaneously.
But this whole "new russian drugs" are not good in the context of this forum in my opinion. Bromantane is said to be a stimulant, but there is no stimulant feling from it, it may add an extra to the amphetamine high, but it is not working alone.

I haven't tried it but personally think Phenylpiracetam just LOOKS a lot hotter than it actually is. Everyone sees that PEA skeleton and thinks oooh lala but it's been available for a good while (in russia) but also by the odd vitamin company or two recently. Reports are bleak or mediocre at best.

It's quite a long way off amphetamine, wouldn't be surprised if the 4-methyl was also bland.

One thing that must be kept in mind when evaluating the effects of these drugs is price. Phenylpiracetam is roughly $35/g and piracetam is roughly 10¢/g - considering phenylpiracetam is 350x more expensive people expect something that is 350x better. This is obviously not the case, but that doesn't mean it's not a worthwhile drug.

Does anyone know if this is as labile as piracetam--which is very sensitive to cholinesterase kinetics? Like, do we know of experience reports of coadministration of phenylpiracetam and donepezil or something?

No, you are wrong about "Семакс", it is Semax - a peptide that was discussed here.

You're right, my bad. I didn't care to read further. Anyway, according to this Semax (if you prefer) is a drug with ATC code N06BX (other psychostimulating drugs and nootropics) and yes it's a peptide. Anyway, I wasn't going to go and ask for drops in a Ukrainian 'apteka'.

Phenylpiracetam is roughly $35/g

Where? Certainly not in Ukraine. For $35 you'd have a chance to get a gram of heroin in Kyiv (maybe you'd have to pay 5-10 more now, whatever). So I'm guessing it's talking about black market prices of phenylpiracetam vs. piracetam price at local chemist's.