• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenibut

Took 4 grams all at once today on an empty stomach (except milk to drink them with), used no antacids this time (that crap gave me diarrhea last time), had no upset stomach or anything. I only felt some vague drunkness and unsteadiness but otherwise completely sober, I completed numerous computer tasks competently during the peak.
What do you guys think? Try 5 grams next week or try splitting up the dose? Would it honestly make a difference if I took 4 grams in 4 separate doses every hour than swallowing it all at once? Maybe phenibut isn't for me as cosmic G said but I still have 100 pills left so I may as well use them.

Splitting up the dose isn't going to make a diffence. If you arent feeling 4 grams then I would just drop it.

Took 4 grams all at once today on an empty stomach (except milk to drink them with), used no antacids this time (that crap gave me diarrhea last time), had no upset stomach or anything. I only felt some vague drunkness and unsteadiness but otherwise completely sober, I completed numerous computer tasks competently during the peak.
What do you guys think? Try 5 grams next week or try splitting up the dose? Would it honestly make a difference if I took 4 grams in 4 separate doses every hour than swallowing it all at once? Maybe phenibut isn't for me as cosmic G said but I still have 100 pills left so I may as well use them.

If you took 4 grams and didn't get much then it sounds like you got bunk Phenibut and we can discuss vendors here so I can't tell you where you should buy some or find out where you got yours, but I am pretty sure your's is just not from a good source, either that, or you have some very rare body chemistry that won't allow it to work for you, though that seems unlikely.

It doesn't take that many grams of Phenibut to work, I mean even if we are talking typical HCL or FFA you should be VERY high off anything in the 3 gram range and more than that too sedated to really enjoy it.

But if that doesn't work for you there's Fluro-Phenibut, which, while it is an untested RC, I really like much better than regular Phenibut and you need WAY less.

Only one place I know of sells and i can't tell you who but if you look I'm sure you'll find it.

But if you really think Phenibut is "useless garbage" then you should know that you are probably not in the majority on that opinion.

Just be careful, cause you could actually end up finding some good Phenibut and thinking it won't work and go using those doses you've used before and end up in trouble, because there are vendors that selling fake drugs out there, and you might have met one, though we can't be sure.

Yeah, I think I got bunk. I do have rare body chemistry and almost every drug affects me differently than it affects the majority. For example, I don't get jaw clenching while on ecstasy, immodium gives me mood swings and alcohol makes me quiet rather than uninhibited. Nonetheless, it seems more plausible that I got bunk than the prospect that I'm too special for phenibut. I honestly felt 80% sober and it kept me up all night if anything. I subsequently slept for 13 hours. I was on the phone with an old friend and confessed I took 16 pills but she told me I've been perfectly coherent the entire 3 hours we talked. This was not the case when I was on the phone with someone else while on E, I was being constantly asked if I was okay.

I might try and find some real phenibut later but for now my interest has waned. I know we can't discuss sources but is there anything you can tell me when shopping for phenibut? I never import illegal drugs, especially from online strangers so shopping online for anything other than electronics is alien territory for me. Since phenibut is legal, I made an exception obviously. Surprise surprise, I made an uninformed purchase.

And don't worry, I'll start small if I get real phenibut tho I'll probably start at 1 gram and make larger leaps. An entire month just to find out this stuff was bunk? Now my opportunity to leave the guy bad feedback on ebay has expired.

Yeah i think its effects are much closer to that of GHB, plus i would never suggest daily use, because of tolerance. like think about more of a weekly thing. lol and yeah I like it, although i find if i do too much i get really messed up and spun a bit lol. or with reasonably low tolerance, you could use it to potentiate something else, not that i recommend that. You always gotta remember, you could get some bad negative effects mixing things, especially with something your not so familiar with, and/or mixing with. I don't know if this was previously suggested, but liftmode has a good consistency of high purity from my experience.

Yeah, I only plan to do it weekly and that is if this new stuff I got from a reputable site will work. This time I'm buying the pure freebase and not some bunk pills full of fillers and god knows what.
I probably shouldn't ask this because anticipating the effects is a great way to create anxiety and thus a bad trip but what are some effects I can look out for, like pupil size or nystagmus? Basically, any signs so I know it's working.

Ok I tried 1 gram of phenibut freebase from a reputable site and I still felt nothing, doubling the dose tomorrow. This stuff looks like flour and at least doesn't taste like acidic shit like the HCL stuff but I still wasted precious money.

Tried 2g today and redosed 2g a few hours later. It's been 4 hours and still nothing. Anyone dare me to try 10 grams next week? All this stuff does is keep me up all night, like some version of caffeine that doesn't make you shake.
I guess I didn't get bunk the first time.

If it kept you up all night then it is having an effect. Phenibut does not have an obvious intoxicating effect for a lot of people - it's just hard to discern exactly what it's doing for some people, I think.

Don't jump up to 10g. Phenibut at massive doses is extremely unpleasant and the unpleasantness will last a super long time...

Where's all the lovey and mdma-like effects everyone keeps talking about? I don't feel shit.
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Phenibut
I feel none of the effects stated there, negative or positive. I'm not even certain about the wakefulness. It's the weekends after all so who wants to sleep? Interacted with someone for 3 hours while peaking on 5 grams a few weeks ago and I was completely sober.

Last edited:
Not everyone gets those effects unfortunately. If you look around at various reports you'll occasionally find people who say they don't experience these positive effects.

I barely get those good effects myself, they are usually so subtle for me that they are often hard to discern.

If 2 to 5 gram doses aren't giving you desired effects then I think you may want to accept that this drug doesn't work that way for you.

The only other option is to try higher doses but chances are you'll just discover increased unwanted side effects. Keep in mind high doses of phenibut are often reported to be very unpleasant for a considerable length of time.

Hi guys, I got some F-Phenibut to see if it would make a difference. I thought I had the FAA but it seems I got the salt instead because it's gross. Did 300mg over an hour ago and redosed 250mg 15 minutes ago. Since it's supposed to kick in way faster than phenibut I felt safe enough to redose if I don't feel anything within an hour.

edit- redosed another 450mg so one gram total tonight.

Last edited:
It also depends on your expectations going into it. If you take it expecting an effect similar to Xanax then you're likely to be disappointed. Likewise if you're expecting to feel like you're on MDMA, you're in for a major letdown - honestly I don't even know why the hell anyone would compare it to MDMA.

The come-up is slow, taking 3-4 hours to reach full strength usually, so you're not going to notice an immediate effect like you would with benzos (on the upside, this applies to the comedown as well, so you won't feel like complete shit when it starts to wear off). You're definitely going to feel more sober on Phenibut than you would on alcohol, benzos, or other typical sedatives - this is actually one of the main reasons it was developed in the first place, to be an anxiolytic that didn't have negative effects on cognition or energy; i.e. didn't make people feel or act "drunk"/"stoned".
In my experience you should simply feel a lot less anxious or inhibited throughout the day, yet still feel quite sober.

Ozle, are you saying the anxiolytic effects last for days? I did first obtain it for therapeutic purposes but I wasn't getting any benefits, though I was taking the lower doses. I figured if it didn't work at all and that tolerance builds up quickly then this is useless for therapeutic purposes.

Anyway, trip report for the Fluorophenibut:

I definitely felt something but it took just as long as the Phenibut to kick in. At first I wouldn't think it was doing anything but I was jamming for hours instead of doing something more boring (I planned to watch an entire series I downloaded ages ago so I could finally delete it and free up some disk space). I wasn't dancing but I was trying to move to the beat so I did have some increased music appreciation. Later I felt some difference in headspace, like a headache but not painful, it's hard to describe. This is when I was convinced the drug was working.
I felt an increase in self-esteem and thought I looked incredibly attractive when I looked in the mirror. I guess this stems from the anxiolytic effects? I was alone so it's difficult to assess lysis of anxiety.
Hours later I felt prematurely sleepy but wanted to eat something first and on my trip to the bathroom I noticed some mydriasis, not really bad but pupils still bigger than normal but they did contract when I stared into the light.

I went to bed and felt so comfortable in the new sheets I bought but I kept seeing flashes when I closed my eyes, it looked like grass, like a backyard or something.
The comedown started in the middle of my sleep and it was pretty bad. I kept having nightmares and when I woke up I felt like complete shit. I felt sick, nauseous and soiled. Shed all my clothes including my watch which I haven't taken off in 8 years and tried to focus on going back to sleep because I did not wanna be conscious in this state. I woke up a few more times and once when I looked in the mirror I felt the opposite of that increased self-esteem I felt during the trip.
I just woke up and I feel somewhat better than I did a few hours ago but I'm still not right. I should eat but I can't.

Overall, I do not recommend. The positive effects are minimal and the negative aftereffects suck ass.

No, but it should last for most of the day if you take it in the morning.

Perhaps Phenibut just isn't the drug for you. Again, if you're hoping for something similar to ecstasy then this is probably the wrong substance to be trying.

If it only lasts for a day but I can only take it twice a week then that's useless. No, it isn't for me in any form and this fluorophenibut shit is even worse. In case anyone's interested, I just took a dump and almost barfed because it stank so bad. I never did a 'research chemical' before but F-phenibut definitely tasted like an untested research chemical, I felt the way someone would feel that accidentally ingested one and now that it's done digesting it smells like one too.
I hope I've deterred enough from trying it let alone getting addicted to it, holy fuck.

Again, if you're hoping for something similar to ecstasy then this is probably the wrong substance to be trying.

So what's the right one to be trying? None are legal or popular enough to grab from the street.

Don't take a lot out of desperation because phenibut overdose almost makes alcohol poisoning seem fun in comparison.

I already did take 6 grams of phenibut out of desperation and still felt nothing. The F-Phenibut was completely different, however. I should post this trip report to psychonaut since they didn't have one.

It really just sounds like you're a non-responder. Some drugs can be absolutely great for some people while giving others next to no effect at all, or even making them feel downright awful. For example take Ritalin - it's enjoyed a lot by many users (some going as far as to compare it to cocaine), but personally it gives me nothing but anxiety, panic attacks, dysphoria and a horrible body load. Different strokes, etc. - I'd just ditch it and move on if I were you.

Admittedly I've rarely taken phenibut on its own. I find it really shines as an enhancer or reinforcer for the effects of other substances you take with it.

Phenibut + alcohol: quite agreeable, although not a combination I could really recommend from a harm reduction standpoint. You need to drink less to get the same amount of pleasant effects, and thus end up with fewer of the unpleasant effects from the alcohol. The phenibut has a much longer half-life than alcohol, so I doubt you'd have to worry about any nasty rebound from the phenibut wearing off before the alcohol unless you were drinking utterly ridiculous amounts.

Phenibut + benzos: likewise, not a combo I'd outright suggest trying due to harm reduction reasons, but IME the result is needing significantly lower doses of the benzo to achieve an anxiolytic effect. I could imagine this possibly being useful for somebody coming off benzos (although phenibut itself has addictive properties for a lot of people, which is definitely something to consider).

Phenibut + modafinil: one of my favourite combos, particularly from a functional perspective. The phenibut really enhances the energising, calm focus and clear-headed feeling of the modafinil, while taking the edge off some of the more unpleasant stimulant-type effects. Even drinking mild to moderate amounts of coffee on this feels fine, and doesn't leave me with that horrible over-stimulated/scatterbrained feeling which taking modafinil + coffee alone (or mixing stimulants in general) can cause. I wouldn't call it recreational as such, but it does definitely improve your organisation and make work or studying feel much more interesting and rewarding. And once you get into something you're doing, you can easily spend several hours on it and not notice the time go by, not being at all hampered or distracted by performance anxiety, tension/trepidation, or even hunger (this can be a double-edged sword however - if you don't have at least a rough plan of what you want to achieve beforehand, you can just as easily wind up wasting those hours re-organising your iTunes library or tidying up your house/dorm all night, blissfully indifferent to following morning's deadline for that essay you were supposed the be writing). It's certainly a useful combo for students, but I'm unsure how sustainable heavy studying on it could really be in the mid to long term. I'm aware that modafinil is sometimes prescribed for night-shift workers, but even then I think it's with the assumption of at least 5-7 hours sleep; I can imagine how pulling frequent all-nighters like this could potentially end up inverting your sleep-wake cycle or throwing you into sleep deprivation psychosis (not fun in the least - trust me).

Last edited: