• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

phenibut

Yeah, 250mgs is REALLY low for regular Phenibut.

I mean Fluro Phenibut is IMO about twice as strong and I barely feel 250mgs even on that.

If I take regular Phenibut HCL or FFA I would barely feel anything if less than 800mgs and even at the level very very little.

And for me personally Kava has never done anything.

I always wish it would and maybe if it was prepared right but I've done it quite a few times with basically on real results at all other than the tiniest buzz that lasts about 20 mins max.

I didn't know there were different kinds of phenibut. This is testing my patience, tomorrow if 1g doesn't do shit after 4 hours, can I redose with another g? or would this be less effective than taking 2g at once?
What's the gap between a therapeutic and recreational dose anyway? I'm getting the urge to try it recreationally once just to assess the effects.

This might not be the best thing in the world for your stomach lining but back 2-3 years ago this is how i used pheni as an alcohol substitute with great success.

1. Peak effects are reached 6-8h after ingestion. So plan ahead.
2. An amount of 4-5g spread out over 3-4 portions each taken at say 12am/14pm/16pm/18pm would ensure that I'd feel euphoric (way more than alcohol) stimulated and light as a feather + emphatic and super relaxed by 9/10pm or whenever we would go to a club. Music sounded epic aswell.

The phenibut will start to take effect at ~90 minutes after ingestion and just gradually increase from there. I'd recommend you start with 2g next time then 3g etc. To make sure your body tolerates the stuff.

Most importantly don't use it more than 1x week max otherwise you will start to get withdrawels since the half life is like 12h and you will still have it in your system the day after consumtion.

Also I'd recommend you dissolve the phenibut doses in a good amount of water/juice. If you swallow multiple capsulas your stomach probably won't be too happy about that acidic explosion once they dissolve.

Have fun and stay safe ;)

Thanks for sharing your info. What difference would it be to spread 5g vs. taking 5g all at once?

You say it's bad for my stomach lining which concerns me because I've experienced ulcers before and things like ibuprofen landed me in the hospital (I took it on an empty stomach).
And if it's so acidic that it could dissolve my teeth in days like the other posters have been saying then why would I wanna dissolve it in water and drink it? Is this my choice? Ruin my teeth or risk an ulcer?

Don't go taking 5 grams just because 750 mgs didn't do anything for you. 5 grams is a huge dose, especially for someone with no tolerance. It would leave you completely incapaticated and probably very sick. Instead I would wait one week and try between 1.5 and 2 grams. Go up half a gram every week until you find your sweet spot.

I find phenibut is the most effective taken in one dose, but some people do like to stack doses throughout the day. Again, 5 grams is an enormous dose of phenibut.

Thanks for sharing your info. What difference would it be to spread 5g vs. taking 5g all at once?

You say it's bad for my stomach lining which concerns me because I've experienced ulcers before and things like ibuprofen landed me in the hospital (I took it on an empty stomach).
And if it's so acidic that it could dissolve my teeth in days like the other posters have been saying then why would I wanna dissolve it in water and drink it? Is this my choice? Ruin my teeth or risk an ulcer?

I can't speak for how bad it is for your stomach lining but it is true that I often get some heart burn from it which Pepcid AC will make go away and also a little milk to coat the stomach.

I've never dissolved it in water so I can't say how that would be different, and I've never used Phenibut more than 2 days in a single week and would not recommend doing more than that, but I never had teeth problems.

However, if your stomach is that sensitive to something like Ibuforen then you could find it irritated by Phenibut so I don't know what else to suggest other than an ant-acid like Pepcid AC and some milk which help me.

I guess other than that I'd suggest trying FFA over HCL because FFA is IMO less acidic FOR ME, and the taste is quite different, like HCL to me tastes like PURE SALT whereas FFA tastes like flour, so maybe try that type.

Yes, there are different types of Phenibut, but HCL and FFA are both "regular" Phenibut, i.e. the same drug (I don't know what the differences are structurally, only that they feel the same but taste different and one is more acidic (HCL), but Fluro-Phenibut is a different drug altogether, though related, but in many ways closer to baclofen and I personally prefer it to regular Phenibut, but it's untested and is an RC whereas regular Phenibut is used for prescription in Russia so we know more about the risks.

I will agree with CosmicG DO NOT take 5 grams!!

The most I've ever taken is 4 grams and that is the most that is recommended to take IN A WEEK on the tub, not even in one shot, and that amount knocks me the fuck out and is honestly not even as fun as doses closer to 3 grams which I'd say are probably best, I think my sweet spot was usually around 3,400mgs with Kratom, and even that is a very high dose.

But I don't think there's any reason you wouldn't be just fine taking 2 grams all in one shot and that is a pretty standard average size dose that will be relaxing and for me even at times slightly stimulating.

Did you say you had only taken 250mgs or did you say 750mgs?

Even 750mgs is very low.

I would either go for 2 grams next time all in one shot, or if you want to work your way up more slowly than maybe 1.5 grams, and take Pepcid AC with a glass of milk about 30 mins prior and maybe you won't be bothered by the acid, but in the future if you buy it online I'd suggest you buy the FFA rather than HCL and there are well known vendors I can't mention who have both.

I think you'd be just fine going with 2 grams in one shot next time, but I wouldn't exceed that till you see how you respond.

It doesn't say on the container what kind it is, it just says B-phenyl-y-aminobutric acid. Is the difference only cosmetic? I mean, it's the same chemical, right? I assume it's HCI because of how acidic it is.

Thanks for the caution, I will not take 5 grams. I dissolved 1g in water half an hour ago so we'll see what happens. Next week it'll be 1.5g per advice given if this does nothing.

Yes, I took 750mg yesterday (3 pills). I took 4 pills now. I'll see about grabbing some Pepcid for next week. Yesterday I did take the 3 pills with some strawberry milk and had no problems. I have no problems with Ibuprofen either as long as I take it with food. Do you all take phenibut with food?

Thanks again for all the advice, peeps.

I never take phenibut with food because it affects the come up in my experience. If you take it with food it should still work, it just won't hit you for a couple hours in my experience. I like to take it on an empty stomach with caffiene.

Hey guys I can't really rule out placebo but I think I feel something. My appetite has shot up all of a sudden. I just ate 2 pizzas, a cinnamon donut and some ice cream. I'm just guzzling this stuff. I'm slightly jittery and I just wanna play video games all day now.
My attention span is really shit at the moment, lol. I think I feel more motivated but I can't really tell. I'll still do 1.5 grams next week but note to self not to go over 1 gram on a work day. If this really is making me uninhibited then I do not want people around me.
What do you think? Any of these things I'm feeling or think I'm feeling consistent with phenibut?

Hey guys I can't really rule out placebo but I think I feel something. My appetite has shot up all of a sudden. I just ate 2 pizzas, a cinnamon donut and some ice cream. I'm just guzzling this stuff. I'm slightly jittery and I just wanna play video games all day now.
My attention span is really shit at the moment, lol. I think I feel more motivated but I can't really tell. I'll still do 1.5 grams next week but note to self not to go over 1 gram on a work day. If this really is making me uninhibited then I do not want people around me.
What do you think? Any of these things I'm feeling or think I'm feeling consistent with phenibut?

Yeah, some of what you are saying sounds like things that can happen with Phenibut, but personal reactions may vary.

I get noticeable appetite increase on phenibut. Personally I definitely feel a gram, so I'm not surprised you are feeling something finally. 1.5 grams was my sweet spot for a while until I started abusing it. I have taken almost a two week break after using it daily for two months and maybe in another week or I plan on testing 1.5 grams to see how I do. Glad you are finally feeling the effects my man.

Guys, today at work I've been getting a lot of positive feedback. My boss is impressed with my performance and the others are noticing I'm more energetic. I had no clue the effects last THIS long, I took that one gram 24 hours before the start of my shift.
This salty shit works after all it seems. Definitely can't take it every day if the effects last this long tho. What would the realistic difference be between taking 1g every second day and 500mg every day?

I felt so sick yesterday but I attribute that to gulping all that junk food. I'm a skinny guy and I never pigged out like that before. I think I wanna be emaciated again than end up like Michael Moore, lol.

That's what I was saying on the last page, if you don't take it too often you will feel it well into the next day. It has a nice afterglow, similar to how MDMA feels the next day assuming you get clean product. I have tried the 1 gram every other day cycle. It worked for me at first, but after maybe two weeks I began building a tolerance.

If you don't take breaks where the stuff isn't in your system, and as you found out already it is in your system for more than 24h it will lose it's effect and you might get withdrawels in form of shaking, nervousness, insomnia depending on the amount/duration you used it.

Even if you take it only every second day that means it will never fully leave your system

Not trying to scare you haha. You won't get wds of this intensity after a couple days of use but just keep it in mind.

A molly-like afterglow? Interesting. I guess I didn't believe only 1g could give an afterglow.

Friday, please scare me. I need it. But the thing is I kinda do need to take this regularly to combat my anxiety so what's an efficient schedule? Take constantly with breaks inbetween or a linear spaceout, e.g. every 3 days instead of 2.
I guess I should ask some Russians how they're typically prescribed this.

I believe Russians are typically prescribed 250-750 mgs two to three times a day for a short period of time. No matter what way you look at it, if you take any amount of phenibut daily for an extended period of time you are going to have withdrawals. Phenibut works great for anxiety and a number of other things, but any kind of daily use is just not sustainable unfortunately.

A molly-like afterglow? Interesting. I guess I didn't believe only 1g could give an afterglow.

Friday, please scare me. I need it. But the thing is I kinda do need to take this regularly to combat my anxiety so what's an efficient schedule? Take constantly with breaks inbetween or a linear spaceout, e.g. every 3 days instead of 2.
I guess I should ask some Russians how they're typically prescribed this.

You shouldn't take it more than twice a week in my personal opinion, and while I know benzos can have terrible WD if taken too much also, in my personal opinion I think benzos are the lesser of 2 evils in comparison to Phenibut if you TRULY need something for your anxiety.

At least doctors understand benzodiazepenes, but most don't even know what Phenibut is and I'd be very worried if I ever got myself into Phenibut WD that I'd go to the hospital and they wouldn't believe me or know what to do (I never use it more than 2 days a week, usually not more than once, so it won't happen).

That actually happened to another guy on bluelight: he got addicted to Phenibut and even brought the tub to his doctor to show him when the doctor wouldn't believe him and the doctor was all arrogant and said he didn't believe it was anything other than an exercise supplement, that if it was addictive he'd know about it cause he's a doctor and all that arrogant bullshit.

Don't get yourself into a habit with it.

I would never use it as a medication, just a little fun on the weekends.

I totally agree. Benzos are the kesser of two evils because doctors have a better understanding of how they work and they're much easier to taper, though not easy by any means. Doctors don't seem to know much about the gaba system in general, or how to properly handle a situation wherever addiction to gaba drugs is concerned. I have yet to meet a doctor willing to help by implementing the Ashton manual for instance. It's like as soon as you admit to having an issue with benzos or the like they just want to point you towards a rehab, because trying to help someone the proper way with a serious addiction is just too troublesome. Even in rehabss they will either rapid taper you or load you up on something like gabapentin, which comes with horrible withdrawal on its own. As long as you don't have a seizure they feel they are doing their job. They know nothing about PAWS, and they are not willing to out in the work in order to do what is best for the patient in my experience.

It woukd be in your best interest to completely drop the idea of using phenibut daily in any amount honestly. I thought I could do something similar when I was dealing with gabapentin withdrawal and I ended up in a MUCH worse situation then I was originally, and I was too afraid to ask a doctor for help because from what I have witnessed, they don't get it and they won't even try.

I totally agree. Benzos are the kesser of two evils because doctors have a better understanding of how they work and they're much easier to taper, though not easy by any means. Doctors don't seem to know much about the gaba system in general, or how to properly handle a situation wherever addiction to gaba drugs is concerned. I have yet to meet a doctor willing to help by implementing the Ashton manual for instance. It's like as soon as you admit to having an issue with benzos or the like they just want to point you towards a rehab, because trying to help someone the proper way with a serious addiction is just too troublesome. Even in rehabss they will either rapid taper you or load you up on something like gabapentin, which comes with horrible withdrawal on its own. As long as you don't have a seizure they feel they are doing their job. They know nothing about PAWS, and they are not willing to out in the work in order to do what is best for the patient in my experience.

It woukd be in your best interest to completely drop the idea of using phenibut daily in any amount honestly. I thought I could do something similar when I was dealing with gabapentin withdrawal and I ended up in a MUCH worse situation then I was originally, and I was too afraid to ask a doctor for help because from what I have witnessed, they don't get it and they won't even try.

I would fully agree with this.

I think I just got lucky for some reason but I'm pretty sure the doctors that "helped" me get off Klonopin (and I never wanted off it in the first place but was temporarily cut off...) fucked up and didn't give me a proper taper but for reasons I don't understand I was ok but I think I or someone else might not have been.

Then I had to deal with a totally arrogant psychiatrist who wouldn't prescribe me more Klonopin which I wanted only for anxiety and not recreation but he wouldn't prescribe it to me out of fear I'd "hurt myself"...and that was never even the issue in the first place, but was part of a larger situation that was going on.

I just walked out on him, went and found another psychiatrist who was willing to prescribe Klonopin again, (I actually was amused to find he found out that I left and got Klonopin and disapproved but couldn't do anything about it haha) and now I've managed to save up 9 extra months worth of it just in case I'm ever cut off again and save extra pills to go in spare bottles every month because I don't trust doctors.

It's best not to be reliant on benzos (or anything else), but don't just trust doctors to always do the right thing.

Ok how about once every 3 days? I understand what you guys are saying about using a foreign substance the dipshit docs have no training on but the problem is that my doc will cut me off valium after one month. Same with any other benzo. So he is utterly useless. At least with phenibut I have unlimited access to so the assholes can't just randomly cut me off and leave me crippled in withdrawal. You guys are real people with real experiences so your advice is much more valuable to me than a bureaucrat who fucked up each one of our mental health at one point.
Klonopin is something I could use right now though, valium stays in the body way too long that I risk interaction with phenibut.