• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Phenibut

I've had nausea and thrown up a few times from excessive doses. It's totally possible.

Thats what i figured Treacle , so i'll try to stay on the lower side when i dose

anyone ever mix it with Gaba , possible synergy ?

or should you alternate between using the two ?

GABA does basically fuck all, as it doesn't cross the blood-brain barrier properly (or at all). I wouldn't bother with it. I doubt you'd notice any difference.

there's a lot of posts saying its pretty decent , i found when i was looking through the archives

a few people mentioned that taking it sublingually helps it cross the blood-brain barrier

and a couple posters that ive followed for a long time said they really liked it , i figure its worth a shot :)

Go for it. I was just under the impression that ingesting GABA was a waste of time. You'd be better off with a bit more phenibut, probably, or a beer. ;) Let us know.

took a gram and a half of phenibut today

feels really nice , its kinda early to say but i could prefer this over benzos

it mixed really well with marijuana too , just had a few budweisers aswell to top it off

i'd give it a two thumbs up :D

This stuff needs respect, bought some last week and noted the following:-

Wed - 13:00 - Took 1.5g (roughly, as the bottle said 1/4 tea spoon = 640mg) - had a great sleep but noticed no other effects.
Thursday 8:00am - Took 2.5g and went swimming, felt good but only good no elation, loss of balance etc etc.
Thursday 11:00am - Thought "fuck this" ill have another 2.5g as this stuff just doesnt do much at all. That was my last dose.

Thursday - early afternoon - started to feel great, drunk but great (i dont touch alcohol). Very loved up kinda feeling. As the afternoon wore on i felt more and more sick, till it got to tea time and hey presto i was sick for 4-5 hours more or less non stop. I still felt great though so it didnt bother me as much as it would normally.

Friday - still felt sick, and was unable to focus my eyes properly or walk in a straight line. Felt drunk but not fucked. No longer pleasurable, kinda like wanting to come down from speed.
Friday night - completely unable to sleep.
Saturday Am - still a little sick - and still a little drunk too ffs!
Saturday night - rubbish sleep.
Sunday - finally back to normal.

The slow onset of this stuff means youre always tempted to re-dose too soon. Did i like it? - i threw it down the sink.

I've been taking this once in awhile recently, here are my thoughts:

Phenibut is a lot more powerful than I was expecting - I was expecting it to be more of a "supplement" with slight mood lifting/anti-anxiety capabilities.

However, I found when taking more than 2g of it, I kind of "trip", in a weird way. I start by feeling drunk, with a similar buzz, but after awhile...difficult to explain this, but it's like dreams start leaking into my conscious state, for example;
I'll be sitting down at the computer, and i'd have a very small conversation with someone, and suddenly realizing I was sitting staring at my screen blanked out for half a minute, despite that "conversation" seeming so real.

I also get constant sleep paralysis (bad) and lucid dreaming (good) (which I thought were some recent ADs I was on, but off them now and it still happens when I take phenibut)

All in all, my experiences with phenibut are that it's a "blank out and dream for a moment while feeling mildly drunk" sort of drug. Yet it makes every sleep an adventure in itself...I really like the feeling waking up in the morning and being able to recall several dreams in detail.

It's a good alternative to benzos, I use it to help come down after stimulants - I find it feels a lot like diazepam.

However, tolerance develops fast and it takes about 2 hours to work. After using it a few times, the sick/hungover/withdrawal feeling went away.

It potentiates benzos and alcohol very well.

Thats what i figured Treacle , so i'll try to stay on the lower side when i dose

anyone ever mix it with Gaba , possible synergy ?

or should you alternate between using the two ?

There is quite a bit of synergy, GABA definitely has some influence on Gabatropin (phenibut).

hey, ive taken phenibut today and yesterday as im finding it a great anti-anxiety drug, but today ive had a gram since this morning and also done mdpv, im worried as they both work on dopamine in some way, but as long as i dont get a dopamine rebound i shoud be ok right? I found they combine quite well, bit like a benzo and stim, but is it dangerous in anyway? cheers.

Phenibut stimulates dopamine receptors, to some degree. The only rebound phenibut gives is from down-regulated GABA-b receptors, when you become dependant on it, and then miss a dose. Mixing PV with it will be fine. :)

How does it it effect dopamine?
How long would withdrawals last from using it for say 3 weeks using 1200mg 2-3 times daily?

Asking for trouble using Phenibut to come of a GBL habbit.Ive been addicted to Phenibut since Novemeber last year when i used it to come off a major GBL addiction.Phenibut will not only help but totally abort GBL withdrawals in large enough doses.But then Phenibut down regulates the GABA-B receptors at an alarming speed and quickly leads to a withdrawal of its own.Severe insomnia and debilitating anxiety swaets ect pretty much the same as GBL withdrawal maybe a little lesss intense but much longer lasting.
Ive never managed to get enough Benzo's to get me off of Phenibut so ive been swiching Pheni & GBL for monts now with the odd week of withdrawal here and there but never enough time to get even near to recovering from the Phini.
Honestly at least with GBL withdrawal its over quite quickly three days at worst but Phenibut withdrawals are infinate.

Will phenobarb stop phenibut withdrawals i have notice it rapidly develops an addiction and quickly tolerance develops.
How long does withdrawals start to take effect and how long do they last? from say 3 weeks of use

Phenibut withdrawal is mild at best.

Phenobarbital to circumvent these side effect would exacerbate your situation considerably, IE: put you up shit's creek void of paddle. especially after only 3 weeks of daily use.

For me the withdrawal started if I missed a doese once I'd gotten into a steady period of dosing daily, within a week at least. I compare it to alcohol in this regard, thus the phenibut 'hangover' (which is merely a form of withdrawal from heavy session).

The discontinuation symptoms only last a handful of days though, and you start to feel better after the 3rd day. It takes about a week to feel 100 percent yourself.

I enjoy the drug, and if you've ever been through benzodiazepine withdrawal, comparing the two would be like comparing a candle to the sun.

I have been through heavy benzo withdrawal after many years of use.
I was fully panicking then and then i thought why would it be legal if it was soo bad?
I find the withdrawal from phenobarb pretty smooth due to its long half life

Legality doesn't constitute safety and vice versa.

Edit:

... Nor illegality harm (you know what I mean).

Last edited:
True true but i think I need to here from some people with experience with other GABA drugs. not just short times using GHB/GBL and phenibut.

Let me get this straight, you're suffering phenibut withdrawal or are planning to soon?