• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines and Brain Damage

I definitely don't either, I mean, for one, we don't know she has brain damage, secondly, we don't know she took 2c-i, and thirdly we don't know she didnt make the whole thing up haha

moracca said:
I definitely don't either, I mean, for one, we don't know she has brain damage, secondly, we don't know she took 2c-i, and thirdly we don't know she didnt make the whole thing up haha

Yeah not to mention what else shes shoved into her brain. For all I know this girl goes around getting piss ass drunk and loading up on coke that could cause some problems.

not to mention the doctor could be full of shit...I had a doctor tell me that cause i took LSD I have irreparable brain damage and my children will have birth defects.

why would you want to IV amt?

is this a new way to troll BL to recommend ridiculously stupid behavior with RCs?

LordKrishna said:
would IV AMT be more neurotoxic then oraly?

Neurotoxicity is generally a function of the drugs metabolism and nothing to do with the route of administration. That's not to say that IVing AMT is without risk, but it's a totally unnecassary way to take it

not to mention the doctor could be full of shit...I had a doctor tell me that cause i took LSD I have irreparable brain damage and my children will have birth defects.

IME doctors are not the experts on pharmacology it seems they'd like us to think they are. In fact I've encountered a couple that I could only class as 'thick as shit' on the topic (but try telling them they're wrong and they get all pissy - especially if it's coming from some long haired, drug using hippie; even ones with postgrad qualifications in that very topic =D :\ ). Have a look at how much time in a medical degree is spent on pharmacology and it'll not come as any surprise...

Another point noteworthy of mention would be the power of psychosomatic effects. If you think that a certain drug will make you go "retarded", then you'll almost certainly feel that way after having taken it.

Speaking out of complete ignorance of chemicals and the brian, I'd guess that it would be pretty unlikely that any phenethylamine would have such high neurotoxicity as to produce noticeable brain damage after one dose.

Neurotoxicity is somewhat divorced from chemical structure, in terms of families of chemicals, so it's difficult to say a structural grouping would or wouldn't be neurotoxic. If you look at piperidines, you can take a non-neurotoxic compound like arecoline and the simple removal of the carboxyilc acid group (well the methyl ester) produces one of the most neurotoxic chemicals known, MPTP which can cause severe Parkinsons disease after just one dose.

With regard to phenethylamines, 2,4,5-trihydroxyphenethylamine is pretty nasty stuff because of it's neurotoxicity, but remove the 2-hydroxy group and you've got something essential to functioning of the brain - dopamine

Gaian Planes said:
why would you want to IV amt?

is this a new way to troll BL to recommend ridiculously stupid behavior with RCs?

I don't know what you are suggesting but it seemed like a simple question when I wrote it. Maybe you saw something different in such a simple straight forward question which would suggest I somehow was recommending people to IV AMT for the sheer fact to "troll" or cause harm/drama. Maybe you should get back to me about that...

Now, F&B, I asked because I know someone who used to IV AMT for a stronger rush. Iv heard this can be had by smoking the freebase as well. This rush sounds like its getting closer and closer to the "tsunami" which you termed for MDMA.

I'd avoid smoking the stuff as primary amine tryptamines don't tend to do well when subjected to heat and AMT does nothing to buck that trend. Fuck knows what sort of horrible pyrolysis products you'd get from heating up AMT (especially when you consider that AMT can degrade pretty rapidly at room temp if stored under the wrong conditions)

This rush sounds like its getting closer and closer to the "tsunami" which you termed for MDMA.

If you look at the overall length of action, even IV AMT is only going to produce a mild version of the rush from MDMA, unless you take a whopping great dose, in which case the toxicity will increase by virtue of the fact that a much higher concentration is going to bring about some degree of increase in the amounts of neurotransmitters released.

AMT is one of the few RCs to have undergone the screening that medicinal drugs are subject to by virtue of the fact that it was once a medicine (antidepressant under the name Indopan) in the USSR. If it had been patently unsafe it would have suffered the same fate as AET, which was witdrawn in the US & Europe because of fatal cases of agranulocytosis

fastandbulbous said:
I'd avoid smoking the stuff as primary amine tryptamines don't tend to do well when subjected to heat and AMT does nothing to buck that trend. Fuck knows what sort of horrible pyrolysis products you'd get from heating up AMT (especially when you consider that AMT can degrade pretty rapidly at room temp if stored under the wrong conditions)

If you look at the overall length of action, even IV AMT is only going to produce a mild version of the rush from MDMA, unless you take a whopping great dose, in which case the toxicity will increase by virtue of the fact that a much higher concentration is going to bring about some degree of increase in the amounts of neurotransmitters released.

AMT is one of the few RCs to have undergone the screening that medicinal drugs are subject to by virtue of the fact that it was once a medicine (antidepressant under the name Indopan) in the USSR. If it had been patently unsafe it would have suffered the same fate as AET, which was witdrawn in the US & Europe because of fatal cases of agranulocytosis
well thank you for clarifying this more. I'm not planning on IVing AMT (or using it for that matter) nor do I suggest anyone else use it in ANY fashion either.