• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines and Brain Damage

^I guess. I really don't know, the guy was a fat old Soviet, probably an ex-NAZI, he also "suggested" I take urine tests. His samurai affiliations made me very distrustful.

LordKrishna said:
Iv watched two girls eat 80-120mg of 2c-i each, source I would trust said this 2c-i was 98%>pure.

they seem to be okay, i know one girl who would constantly take 35-50mg of 2c-i (same source) on a regular basis(usually snorted), but she is dumb as a bag of rocks to begin with so she doesn't really count.

you'd be surprised how much some people take and survive without much in teh way of brain damage though.
You're exactly right. Retardation with these two appears to be a pre-existing condition.

If someone is a vegetable due to falling out of a tree as a child, do you blame a subsequent car accident for the vegetative state? :\

swilow said:
^I guess. I really don't know, the guy was a fat old Soviet, probably an ex-NAZI, he also "suggested" I take urine tests. His samurai affiliations made me very distrustful.
he was a samurai too? so you had an ex-nazi soviet samurai as a psych doctor who may or may not have used LSD as a torture devise? Dude that is the coolest man I have EVER heard of!

PS, use your powers and move this discussion to the social thread so we can have some fun with it.

tobala said:
You're exactly right. Retardation with these two appears to be a pre-existing condition.

If someone is a vegetable due to falling out of a tree as a child, do you blame a subsequent car accident for the vegetative state? :\
the two girls I spoke of in the first part are different girls then the dumb as a bag of rocks girl who used to regularly take such high doses.

the first two just kept on eating more and more, expecting something to happen, I told them to slow down but before you knew it they had eaten almost 200mg between each other. I was in no condition my self to really stop them. they did have a horrifically intense experience and either one wanted to repeat it or take psychedelics ever again. They also both liked cocaine and I think that, along with the dumb as a bag of rocks girl is what allowed them to survive through the stimulation? I dont know, but 2c-i to me was horribly stimulating and at thsoe doses and method of administration I saw used I cant imagine.. make me feel sick just thinking about it.

ebola? said:
To the extent that PEAs release 5ht and dopamine at the same time, they would cause MDMA like damage. Some research suggests that some of the "research chemicals" do this (damn...no reference handy).

Of the ones that are commonly used recreationally, neurotoxicity through another mechanism would be a large surprise.

ebola
the only research I've seen suggests that 2CE and 2CI may be weak NE reuptake inhibitors...but they don't release serotonin and certainly not both SE and DA.

now i really need to dig up the article. I think that 2cb and amt were implicated in monoamine release.

ebola

whaaaaaaaaaat

there's a LOT of misinformation in this thread. let's be careful.

Yes, AMT is a monoamine releaser (releases equivalent amounts of SE as MDMA albeit stretched over a longer period).

I've read a lot though and I have NEVER heard 2CB as a monoamine releaser, afaik its a straight up HT2a agonist.

If I can get my old comp to boot up I'll post the PDF that has this material discussed.

is amt as neurotoxic as MDMA?

i know AET is considered equipotent, god i hate hearing stuff like that. i took AMT quite a few times (i really love it) on a weekly basis, without any idea that it was more toxic than other tryptamines, now i regret it...sort of like trying 4-FA and then reading about 4-CA gives you chiiiilz8o

I don't think it is, because somehow MDMA's neurotoxicity results from dopamine and serotonin release. AMT iirc releases predominantly (or only) serotonin.

^ AMT releases all there monoamine neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine & noradrenaline), but it's over a long period of time so you never get synaptic concentrations of serotonin & dopamine that occur with MDMA (which is more like a dam bursting than a trickle). AMT isn't non-neurotoxic, but it's not in the same league as MDMA & methamphetamine.

2C-B isn't neurotoxic as it's mechanism of action is completely different (as G_P stated)

does anybody know a place where I can host a PDF for BLers to download? (emailing individually is tedious for me especially when I have to do so much email stuff with my job).

isn't there a work compiled of all the actions and possible neurotoxicity of most compounds? if not that would be extremely nice to do for those knowledgable enough...a very simple one would be über cool allready

fastandbulbous said:
^ AMT releases all there monoamine neurotransmitters (serotonin, dopamine & noradrenaline))

Would the fact the aMT has MAOi properties increase such neurtoxicity? If I was to have said a drug is toxic just from using it, aMT would cetainly be an option...

G_P, go the the website yousendit.com. You can upload anything there; it stays for ten days or until 50 d/l's I think. Do it!

AMT is a pretty piss poor MAOI actually (a few orders of magnitude weaker than the beta-carbolines and not much more active than amphetamine as an inhibitor). Although overall AMT causes more monoamione release than MDMA, by not doing it in one giant tsunami the way MDMA does, it's a sight less neurotoxic.

If I had to geuss at a degree of neurotoxicity, I'd plump for somewhere around that of amphetamine (way below meth & MDMA)

if you are taking 2c-i, you are definitley taking a risk. no one knows that much about the long term safety of use. best way to do it is use responsibly and dont over do it. with research chem's I always dose way on the safe side. i hate the crazy stimulation of large doses of 2ci

I'm sure this is a good discussion to be having, but I am just having a hard time with the fact that it was brought about by a conversation with some girl the OP doesn't know and who most likely has no idea, or at least can't be sure, what she took, and now says she went to her doctor who says she is retarded now. haha sounds kinda silly to me