• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pet Peeves v. u mad?

That brings back memories of my freshman year at college. I was in a dorm and it seemed like half the students had subwoofers. They played them all day every day. It was Hell. I've avoided living in apartments all my life because of that - until now. Thankfully nobody in my building has them.
It may have seemed like half but it was probably just a few, since a subwoofer can often be heard through a distance of at least two typical living areas in any direction even at moderate volumes. Hopefully I'll never live in an apartment again (currently renting a house). But many with our preferences don't have the luxury of a choice. And some of them are afraid to ask neighbors to stop using subwoofers, which means living with distraction, anxiety, and sleep deprivation.

I've had to ask people to stop on three separate occasions. All did, thankfully, but one accused me of racism! I had left a note that acknowledged that some people are accustomed to bass noise and may not think of it but I have difficulty ignoring it, and she seized on "some people" as a racial generalization. That experience just underscores why so many are afraid to ask others to turn it down/off. Those who are selfish enough to use subwoofers in apartments naturally tend to resent such requests, even if it means making ludicrous leaps in reasoning to justify those feelings. They feel they need to make the requester pay for speaking out.

When speaking with potential landlords I stress the issue and ask if the tenant lease agreement respects my concerns.

Broken glass. Once a glass is broken, in a popular area, the shards turn up everywhere but the bin! Grrr

People who flake....

People who call YOU out of the blue to make plans to flake..

What is that shit???
In Australia, 'flake' means to pass out for one reason or another. What does it mean where you are? (as in I have never heard of anyone calling to make plans to pass out... :D) e.g. I almost scored but she flaked after 2 bongs.

Oh there is another meaning here, but that doesn't make sense in your post either. Flake is also a nutter, a few sandwiches short of a picnic, or someone who is not operating on the same planet as you and me. e.g. She seemed great until we got to the cafe but then I realised she was a total flake.

^ Flake in the term she is using is, making plans and then bailing out without a phone call or any reasons. (ditching someone).

if flaking is "bailing out without a phone call or any reasons" then how can you call some body to plan to do it?

alasdair

professional contacts who hug instead of shaking hands. even when i stick my hand out for the handshake. women are the perpetrators here.

I tend to find handshakes and hugs similarly awkward. I'm more of a wave person. . .
I hate it when people call single individuals "diverse". No, diversity is a property of sets, not individuals.

ebola

it drives me crazy when people stop in the middle of an aisle to chat with someone and you can not get past, or those people with pushchairs or scooters who just stop without making sure no-one is behind them gggrrr
also those who don't indicate and proceed to use the wrong lane, why??? or parking up on the pavement so you have to turn sideways to get past, and those who I see daily drive 300yards to drop off kids to school then drive 300yards back to their house, ffs walk.

it drives me crazy when people stop in the middle of an aisle to chat with someone and you can not get past, or those people with pushchairs or scooters who just stop without making sure no-one is behind them gggrrr
also those who don't indicate and proceed to use the wrong lane, why??? or parking up on the pavement so you have to turn sideways to get past, and those who I see daily drive 300yards to drop off kids to school then drive 300yards back to their house, ffs walk.

The first one happens here all the time. It is usually some whale of a fat person. They simply stop in the middle of a crowded and narrow sidewalk. They do it on purpose knowing that nobody can get by them unless they push past. The more people they force to stop, the better. Sometimes they pretend to look at the screen of their cell phone while watching everyone out of the corner of their eye. I think it gives them a feeling of power. Sometimes lost tourists do it too, but not on purpose. That and annoying children on scooters.

^^^^ I think you maybe right on the on purpose aspect. I love scooters but thats a friday night special hahaha

when my dad periodically reminds me to "check your tranny fluid".
dad... just call it transmission fluid.. please...

People who claim various societal ills on account of us beating our children less frequently. Ummm...your hypothesis is baseless as is evident by the stark lack of evidence you present. . .

ebola

Use of "af" for "as fuck". If you're going to curse, actually fucking do it. . .

ebola

when my dad periodically reminds me to "check your tranny fluid".
dad... just call it transmission fluid.. please...

drive an auto less.

rich kids with no empathy who become rich men, even rich doctors or lawyers (with the least empathy).