• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Pet Peeves v. u mad?

i thought i was setting someone up but it turns out this thread is going to continue on -- forever!

- the sound of the bus that passes me house at least once every hour.

Taking a baby to a nice restaurant, and after it shits its diapers, letting the baby sit at the table for an hour while the mother eats. Meanwhile, the whole restaurant now reeks and customers are gagging and leaving because of the stench. And the baby is developing a horrible rash and crying from the pain.

Taking a baby to a nice restaurant, and after it shits its diapers, letting the baby sit at the table for an hour while the mother eats. Meanwhile, the whole restaurant now reeks and customers are gagging and leaving because of the stench. And the baby is developing a horrible rash and crying from the pain.

sounds more like child abuse..

- unnecessary and over-use of the car horn (horn abuse)
- my writing, over-use of certain words, hyphens, too-many-others
- overpriced coffee
- homeless people who get pissed when i don't give them "enough" money
- automatic locks on public restrooms
- dog shit on the sidewalk, garbage on the beach
- speakerphone
- default settings on digital devices (that suck)

Here, there's human shit on the sidewalks. Of course there is dog poo too. I don't dare go barefoot anymore.
sounds more like child abuse..

- dog shit on the sidewalk, garbage on the beach

Movies where you have to read a bunch of stuff. I just started something to watch while I'm doing my workout, but eveytime I look away, there is text they expect you to read.

Here, there's human shit on the sidewalks. Of course there is dog poo too. I don't dare go barefoot anymore.
i find garbage just about anywhere other then the trash bin annoying but doubleplus so if its on the beach. for almost ten years i lived on a small part of the ocean where if you were to come across garbage it was usually because the current ripped it ashore.

- people who back me into the door of the subway when it clearly can be avoided (sometimes it can't)

i find garbage just about anywhere other then the trash bin annoying but doubleplus so if its on the beach. for almost ten years i lived on a small part of the ocean where if you were to come across garbage it was usually because the current ripped it ashore.

- people who back me into the door of the subway when it clearly can be avoided (sometimes it can't)
Here, people come to a dead stop in the subway door or a narrow passage or sidewalk when people are behind them to create a bottleneck. Many times, it is obvious that it is on purpose. I think it gives them a feeling of power.

Shopping trolleys.
People who litter the streets with abandoned shopping trolleys.
People who drift diagonally along straight paths while they walk. Especially if they're pushing a shopping trolley.

Shopping trolleys make me mad too. If I buy so many things that I can't carry them in a basket, I wont be able to use them before they start to rot.
I don't like the sound the wheels make either. Roller boards are worse and half the poeple who use them drift diagonally, rattle them over bricks, gravel and other rough areas, and generally use them in a way that is selfish and annoys everyone else. It's the same with half the people pushing baby carriages.

The diagonal drifters seem to be mentally unbalanced. Often they are passive agressive and rude. They step in front of people without looking, then they scold them if they get bumped when it was obviously their own fault.

- the date who helps herself and takes your food off your plate. she goes in the blocked contacts list.
-making out in public.
-dudes who sit cross legged in public like a girl. What's with that? Just seeing them hurts. Tehre is no way that can possibly be comfortable. I tried it and ended up with bruises and felt like I had been kicked in the nuts. It's not so bad if you sit with your ankle on your knee but even that is awkward.
-slurping empty drinks with the straw

i have worked for people who will create additional work, which is entirely unnecessary, so they feel as though you earned your pay. its ridiculous and calling the person out on it will lead to an argument and possibly cost you the job or future opportunities.

the Dutch language. Speakers sound like they are hawking up snot and spitting.
The accent of Belgians speaking French. Their French sounds like Dutch whenever they try to say "r."
The accent of French children younher than 10 years. They talk like Belgians.

Last edited:
Duck face selfies, I mean who decided that looks cute lol
the horseshit all over these roads here in Ohios Amish country
the fluctuating prices of gas
the DMV!!!!

the Dutch language. Speakers sound like they are hawking up snot and spitting.
The accent of Belgians speaking French. Their French sounds like Dutch whenever they try to say "r."
The accent of French children younher than 10 years. They talk like Belgians.

My cousin had trouble enunciating the "s" so it sounded like "th". When she spoke spanish, she sounded like a Castilian.

Castilian Spanish drives me crazy. Whenever I hear it I think its a gay lisp accent. I grew up hearing peurto Rican and Mexican Spanish.
My cousin had trouble enunciating the "s" so it sounded like "th". When she spoke spanish, she sounded like a Castilian.

Petty things which annoy the fuck out of you

What are some minor but highly aggravating things that you encounter in daily life? My list could be endless, but I'll throw out a few.

1. People who drive excessively slow over speed bumps. I understand that that is the point of them, to create an obstacle that forces drivers to go slow. I understand that some cars are low to the ground and scrape if they go over too quickly. But, frankly, I don't really give a damn when I am slowing to a 5km/h crawl every 20-30 metres because someone bought a car that is too expensive to actually drive on real roads. :|

2. People that do not walk on escalators. I grant exceptions to the infirm, elderly, children, etc. I just cannot understand why some people just plop themselves in the middle of the escalator, one hand on each moving handrail, and just wait...wait...wait until forced to move again when the ground itself stops moving. Its like humans think 'aha, I have 4 calories of energy that I can conserve if I do not rhythmically move my legs in a walking motion, awesome, I'm sold'. Its not the hold-up that this can create, its the sheer laziness. I do it from time to time but hatefully punish myself daily to make up for it.

Part B of number two would be people who do not walk on an escalator but do not keep to the left. Do they not know this just fucks up basically everything?

There's probably a topic like this already but now there's a newer second one. :)

swilow said:
There's probably a topic like this already but now there's a newer second one.
yes swilow, here at second opinion we have a wonderful pet peeves thread where i shalt send thee. :)

I just sat down at a café and observed this for the first time since school: A British tourist sitting next to me is picking and scratching bits of skin and other organic matter off his body. He's digging at his bare skin pretty hard right now.... he got something ... he just held his finger tips up to his face and looked at what he scratched off himself.... oh uhhhh yuk sick, he just sucked it out from under his fingernails. He made a loud sucking sound. Now he's looking at his finger tips again to make sure he got it all.

I agree that hogging the escalator is annoying.