• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Permanent headaches from LSD

LSD is a cure for cluster/migraine headaches.

You're taking NBOMe's, methinks

LSD is a cure for cluster/migraine headaches.

You're taking NBOMe's, methinks
Well, that had yet to be really proven and 2-bromo-LSD is not LSD.

Identifying drugs over the internet, for the zillionth time, is impractical.

Who says NBOMe is a likely cause of headaches and as already mentioned what may cure a headache in some cases may cause it in others.

Some could say it was just a semi bad trip, but honestly i know what i encountered the night i dosed a complexed blotter of 25i and 25c. I met the essence of the demon lord, and yes experiences are relative. But i know what i saw was no facade, nbome is not my cup of hallucinogen to say the least. Never had a bad trip with lsd ever and i've dosed dozens of times, really powerful and high purity lsd, yet with nbome's i had a couple bad trips out of only a handful of times. Shit doesn't feel right to me..

Νιοβη λος;12285299 said:
Are you saying you still suffer constant headaches you believe were a direct result of nbome consumption? Edit: i see that u said u did believe they were directly related. My good sir have you been to a Doctor about this issue?
Haven't been to a doctor, but I've tried many things such as stopping drinking, stopping coffee consumption, stopping pot smoking, altering my diet, etc. to no avail thus far. I never had these headaches till I tried 25i.

I've read that PEA's are prone to causing headaches, while tryptimines often eliminate them for many. In my experience, mushrooms did little to end my headaches, but who knows. Maybe the damage has been. Maybe it's another factor entirely; my girlfriend gets frequent headaches, but she's a very sober individual, who has never tried anything trippier than one pot brownie years ago.

When I first used LSD as a teenager I got vasocontrictive symptoms from it unlike anything I've experienced from any other psychedelic, or indeed from LSD itself after going back to it again after age 25 (numbness in my extremities, and tunnel vision on high doses). Even though they're binding to the same receptor different 5HT2a agonists can effect intracellular processes in myriad ways, leading to divergent signalling patterns in the brain "down stream" and alternate physiological outcomes. LSD is a safe drug in the sense that it presents no mortal threat, physiologically speaking, but that doesn't mean it can't have powerful and long lasting physiological consequences. In cluster headache suffers such consequences appear to be especially beneficial, more so than the therapeutic effects of other psychedelics. Yet due to natural variation in cranial vasculature it's not surprising that for some people LSD's vasoconstrictive effects are especially painful. Like me, you might try it again in a few years and find something's changed and you don't get the side effects. If you don't exercise, getting on a regimen will lead to robust alterations in your cardiovascular system that could conceivably change your physiological response to LSD.

Im curious if you are implying that vasoconstriction can be semi-permanent to permanent side effect of lsd ? Or if anyone else can shine some light on this?

Well, that had yet to be really proven and 2-bromo-LSD is not LSD.

Identifying drugs over the internet, for the zillionth time, is impractical.

Who says NBOMe is a likely cause of headaches and as already mentioned what may cure a headache in some cases may cause it in others.

Wrong. LSD is proven along side psilocybin to improve evern eliminate cluster headaches for multiple months per dosage

I have no reason to doubt this is true, but how do you know?

"The authors interviewed 53 cluster headache patients who had used psilocybin or lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) to treat their condition. Twenty-two of 26 psilocybin users reported that psilocybin aborted attacks; 25 of 48 psilocybin users and 7 of 8 LSD users reported cluster period termination; 18 of 19 psilocybin users and 4 of 5 LSD users reported remission period extension. Research on the effects of psilocybin and LSD on cluster headache may be warranted."

https://clusterbusters.org/?page_id=654

Very well, then they did a study using 2-bromo-LSD which had prolonged relief from their symptoms without the risks associated with hallucinations.

Yet this all has yet to be proven scientifically.

Im curious if you are implying that vasoconstriction can be semi-permanent to permanent side effect of lsd ? Or if anyone else can shine some light on this?
It's not permanent, but semi-permanent, depending how you quantify that tem. Cluster headache sufferers have reported months long relief from the pain that they normally experience at a higher frequency from a single dose of LSD (far longer than they experience from any legally prescribed treatments), despite the fact that LSD and its metabolites seem to be eliminated from the body in far less time than this. Because migraines, and their more extreme manifestations as cluster headaches, are theoretically caused by the pressure exerted by vasodilation in the cranium, and vasoconstriction of various types is caused by psychedelics, it's assumed that these drugs have longer lasting vasoconstricting effects in critical areas. Otherwise, it's not known why they're effective in cluster headache prevention, long term, to my knowledge.

I have no reason to doubt this is true, but how do you know?

One of my shroom customers suffers from CH and gets relief from shrooms...also gets some relief from LSA via HBWR.

The shroom relief can last for weeks, even at very low doses.

One threshold dose of cubes can be effective for 2 or 3 weeks, sometimes longer.

Have you tried putting a co2 censor in your house? Maybe you have a leak :D only time I've known people to get headaches is the day after, unless your mind is really really having a hard time processing the trips...

Not to bash you, but are you sure you had LSD?

In my experience, LSD is the most wonderful and benign drug ever; however, after taking 25i-Nbome last summer, thinking it was LSD at first, I began having constant daily headaches. These headaches have not gone away. My head hurts right now. LSD never hurt me like this, but I directly associate these headaches with 25i. Perhaps someone royally fucked you and sold you 25i as well.

Yes, it was a RC-chemical I took. It was to much. Won't ingest that stuff ever again..

Could you please describe your headaches?

Blessings

You absolutely can get headaches from acid. In my opinion it is usually a tension headache and with some focus, you can relax the muscles and attenuate or stop it entirely.

As for long-term headaches post-use, I gotta say that's probably psychosomatic. If people ascribe paralysis and all manner of ailments retroactively to the acid, I don't see why this would be any different.

So it might not be psychosomatic. It might be a secondary trigger. You could also never rule out that LSD might actually be helping and the condition. Perhaps the headaches are caused by the stress of drugs being illegal.

Pmoseman, the OP was talking about headaches occurring long after dosing, which probably wouldn't be from the acute stress of using an illegal drug. During the trip, sure.

It's hard to keep track of the discussion because it has branched into two topics: acute headaches during / very soon after tripping, and recurring chronic headaches without recent dosing.

I think the body load and muscle tension LSD can induce is underrated, so I fully believe anyone who has a headache during a trip - it happens to me all the time.

Chronic headaches I'm inclined to attribute to other things - medication, sinus issues, dental infections, bruxism, sleep apnea, ad nauseum. I mean a headache, even a migraine, can come from an absolutely endless number of conditions. This could just be a case of their onset occurring in proximity to dosing, and now the OP had made a possibly inaccurate correlation between the two events. And if you're expecting a headache when you trip, it may be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Pmoseman, the OP was talking about headaches occurring long after dosing, which probably wouldn't be from the acute stress of using an illegal drug. During the trip, sure.

It's hard to keep track of the discussion because it has branched into two topics: acute headaches during / very soon after tripping, and recurring chronic headaches without recent dosing.

I think the body load and muscle tension LSD can induce is underrated, so I fully believe anyone who has a headache during a trip - it happens to me all the time.

Chronic headaches I'm inclined to attribute to other things - medication, sinus issues, dental infections, bruxism, sleep apnea, ad nauseum. I mean a headache, even a migraine, can come from an absolutely endless number of conditions. This could just be a case of their onset occurring in proximity to dosing, and now the OP had made a possibly inaccurate correlation between the two events. And if you're expecting a headache when you trip, it may be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Sorry, after no activity on this thread i assumed no one else would be posting! So an update... After the last time (before posting this thread), the headaches took about 2 years to go. 25I-NBome is not orally active and i had been taking the same stuff for years with a group of friends with no problems. It took a long time (with the same effects during the trip) for the headaches to start coming on. I've done 25I, 25C, and 25B-NBome and those trips were very different! The stuff I got from the different source had exactly the same effects as the old acid I had before and my friends have done it many times since and haven't reported any differences so i'm pretty sure it was LSD.

I can also confirm that it was nothing to do with stress over taking something illegal as I have no problems with any other drugs that I have taken, legal or otherwise. I usually get a headache on the NBomes but nowhere near as bad and not afterwards. I also exercise regularly (although that's mostly weight training and I have neglected cardio training) and my diet is and was good for the most part.

I've done mushrooms, the NBomes, 2c-b, 2c-i since this problem began and like the substances i'd done before acid, they don't cause me problems (apart from some things giving me mild (nothing in comparison to the ones i had during the last few acid trips) headaches during)

I must have been getting a bit weird and sarcastic.

It could be the LSD, which changes blood flow and this might just be a side effect of that blood flow giving him a headache.

hmmm... We would have all heard about this a long time ago. I doubt that it's even semi permanent . I used to get acid headaches but it was from smiling all night and laughing .

I came across this thread last year as I have suffered with a similar problem. I took some really strong lsd back in 1975 when on holiday and when I came down from the trip I had a really painful sensation right in my third eye area. I have now suffered with this ever since, just a constant pain. I have tried various medications and had scans, sinus operations, various complimentary remedies etc.. Sometimes it feels so bad it is just like an axe stuck in my head. Also like a tight ball bearing inside my head. Well all this was until recently when my GP put me on pregabalin (lyrica). Started off on 25 mg twice a day for the first couple of weeks and then 50 mg twice a day . I have only been on this dose for about a week. Already I am getting amazing relief. I am not saying it is completely gone as every now and again it comes back but before it was constant. I feel like a new person and finally getting my life back after all this time. I am just hoping it will stay that way.

Professor monkey I hope this information might be of use to you as i know how you feel.