Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Health Permanent headaches from LSD

Professor Monkey

Greenlighter
Hi

I have used LSD in the past, and after while of use (probably around 10-15 times over a couple of years), i started to notice that i would get a headache after every trip that got worse every time i had it. Soon, the headaches started a few hours into the trip, and worsened each time until it was too bad to ignore and kind of ruined the experience. After one such experience, the headache stayed for about 4-5 days. I was a bit concerned and did it 1 more time after this.

The headaches were like a sharp searing on the crown of my head that would flame up every now and again, pretty horrible. The time after that i did it, the headaches gradually got better after a few weeks but I still had a dull headache every single day. I went to the doctors about it, told him everything (tried a couple of meds that didn't work at all), and got a scan which showed up clear. After about a year, they had pretty much stopped i think. I thought maybe the stuff i was getting was a bit dodgy and when some stuff popped up from elsewhere i thought i'd give it a try. So i had about 1/3 of my normal amount or something and i got the usual headache straight away again. I think that was over a year ago and i still have a headache at some point every day. This doesn't happen on cactus, mushrooms, dmt, 2cb, amt or anything else that i've tried.

I've pretty much written off the fact that i'll ever do lsd again as i have no idea why it causes this, but i would still like to know why and if there any any related compounds that i should avoid (like lsa for example?). I've pretty much learned to live with the headaches but they are still annoying. I've searched the internet and forums about this but all i can find is how lsd is used to cure cluster headaches! I'm completely stumped, and would greatly appreciate any feedback or advice you wise people might be able to share! :?

Thanks

I'm going to shoot this over to Psychedelic Drugs, they handle LSD queries..

BDD > PD

Does no one have any info or theories on this at all? I've posted in other forums a long time ago, emailed erowid and maps, but had no help whatsoever :(

idk about your situation but i know that when i dose i get headaches on the come up and comedown, but their not that bad and pass quickly

Ah, Professor Monkey ... we meet again!

An internet search isn't very helpful with your specific problem, is it? As you noted, seems LSD is used to treat chronic headaches.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to give you some good advice with regard to your headaches.

It is a real shame. In the mean time, it seems like someone needs to get you some Mushrooms :)

Ever try having a canister of oxygen for when the headaches start to come on? Are the headaches always in the same regions? If they are then there is a good chance they're a mild cluster headache and the oxygen should alleviate some of the restriction in the blood vessels.

I dont know what to say but I for one have experienced great reduction in frequencies of migraines from lsd use! I generally get a brutal migraine every few weeks (but NOT cluster headaches) but rarely get a migraine within 8-10 weeks of taking lsd. If i could handle tripping every 2 months I would never have to get a migraine again haha. As it is i use it maybe once or twice a year and although i dont actually take it specifically for migraine control it is an awesome side effect.

Yeah, the headaches are always in the same place. Not tried the thing with oxygen but it could be worth a try. I'll have to look into Fiorinal #3, i'm guessing i'd get that from my doctor right?

hmm, interesting. Research has shown a direct link between LSD and migraines, matter of fact there are a few migraine drugs based on ergot fungus. one that comes to ind is sansert, i think its like methylsergide maleate or something. but i have read that when ppl take a large dose it has some effects similar to a super mild dose of LSD. I wonder if that could all be related. Migraines do have a lot of activity with the serotonin receptors, but these headeaches, are they always in the same place or do you ever get them behind your eyes or eye?

edit; just read you said they are always in the same place. what other symptoms do you experience with these headaches?

I know how it feels!! I've got the same the same symthoms. It's been more than 3 months with a weak headache every single day, after I took a dose to big, of low-quality acid :( I think that it's very rare but it happens some people. Guess that we where two of the the unlucky ones... Atleast now I know that i'm not alone, and that is very comforting :)

I feel with u :/ And if you ever see my post, please contact me!

Blessings

I know how it feels!! I've got the same the same symthoms. It's been more than 3 months with a weak headache every single day, after I took a dose to big, of low-quality acid :( I think that it's very rare but it happens some people. Guess that we where two of the the unlucky ones... Atleast now I know that i'm not alone, and that is very comforting :)

I feel with u :/ And if you ever see my post, please contact me!

Blessings
Not to bash you, but are you sure you had LSD?

In my experience, LSD is the most wonderful and benign drug ever; however, after taking 25i-Nbome last summer, thinking it was LSD at first, I began having constant daily headaches. These headaches have not gone away. My head hurts right now. LSD never hurt me like this, but I directly associate these headaches with 25i. Perhaps someone royally fucked you and sold you 25i as well.

When I first used LSD as a teenager I got vasocontrictive symptoms from it unlike anything I've experienced from any other psychedelic, or indeed from LSD itself after going back to it again after age 25 (numbness in my extremities, and tunnel vision on high doses). Even though they're binding to the same receptor different 5HT2a agonists can effect intracellular processes in myriad ways, leading to divergent signalling patterns in the brain "down stream" and alternate physiological outcomes. LSD is a safe drug in the sense that it presents no mortal threat, physiologically speaking, but that doesn't mean it can't have powerful and long lasting physiological consequences. In cluster headache suffers such consequences appear to be especially beneficial, more so than the therapeutic effects of other psychedelics. Yet due to natural variation in cranial vasculature it's not surprising that for some people LSD's vasoconstrictive effects are especially painful. Like me, you might try it again in a few years and find something's changed and you don't get the side effects. If you don't exercise, getting on a regimen will lead to robust alterations in your cardiovascular system that could conceivably change your physiological response to LSD.

Have you found any medications that work? There are about 4 different medications I might take for a different type of headache.

Have you thought about taking benzodiazepine.

Have you considered it to be your chakras opening, I've gotten many headaches during my chakra opening process is there also pressure between your brows?

I find this quite strange since LSD is can be used to treat cluster headaches (pretty much the very worst form of headaches a person can experience).

I often get headaches (sometimes quite strong) towards the middle or end of an LSD experience, especially if I've been tripping during daytime hours. I always assumed it was overstimulation of the brain from having huge pupils all day. If I have a trip with my eyes closed more I'm less likely to get a headache (or it'll be less severe). Also very similar in feeling every time.

Not to bash you, but are you sure you had LSD?

In my experience, LSD is the most wonderful and benign drug ever; however, after taking 25i-Nbome last summer, thinking it was LSD at first, I began having constant daily headaches. These headaches have not gone away. My head hurts right now. LSD never hurt me like this, but I directly associate these headaches with 25i. Perhaps someone royally fucked you and sold you 25i as well.

Are you saying you still suffer constant headaches you believe were a direct result of nbome consumption? Edit: i see that u said u did believe they were directly related. My good sir have you been to a Doctor about this issue?

Last edited: