• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Tripping Thread: aLL aBoArD tHe MoThErShiP 👽🛸

So about a month ago, I took some mescaline with ondansetron with a friend. We both had mediocre, blunted experiences. This isn't the first time this has happened. I've taken ondansetron with methallylescaline and the experience was bland and muted, and that's another favorite. My one time taking aMT was with odansetron, and it was a bland, muted, boring experience, too. No one else has mentioned this and the pharmacology doesn't make sense, so I've persisted...but I think I'm done throwing good after bad at this point. The fact that a 300mg mescaline experience was way less interesting than a 30mg allylescaline experience is kinda weird to me. I know that variance is a thing, but I don't think I've ever had an experience where I took ondansetron and not had the following experience feel utterly underwhelming.

@Cosmic Charlie I'm a little uneasy about your recent flirtations with dissos. Aren't dissos and benzos in the danger zone for you? I feel like when you use other drugs, you're able to enhance your life and enjoy it to the fullest, but when you start playing with dissos and benzos things inevitably start to stray towards less healthy outcomes.

Well, in its been carefully planned out this re-introduction between my woman and one of my best friends in the world. Trust and believe if he didnt think this would be possible they wouldnt want me doing it. The problems i had always arouse from me using the more direct PCP derivates that pose the risk of blackouts etc. With the more user friendly ones i have taken them many times with no issue, so i will be sticking only to the Ketamine/MXE type drugs and Memantine.

And the later in particular has been very successful this time, id decided that morning when i had the day off work to see what a recreational dose would be like and ive found the drug not to be compulsive. Its now been two days and i feel no desire to repeat the experiencw anytime soon. Id say that Memantine is like the DOx of the Dissos. Similar to those its like the trip is so long and such an investment time wise that it really isnt something you could do all the time and whatnot.

It was really great tho and since that day ive felt as if i have been walking on a cloud its an incredible antidepressant, speaking in terms of its acute effects. Id expect this quality to be pretty long lasting as well because of its duration as well. Im gonna stock up on the material and i expect that stash to last a very long time. At some point this week im gonna start taking 20mgs in the morning again but im pretty sure a good amount is still going through me cuz i dont feel any Opioid Withdrawal symptoms right now whatsoever.

Im gonna be speaking withy doctor to begin resuming the drop in dosage this week because i seem completetly stabilized on the 30mgs of Methadone daily. Another positive thing is im pretty sure that the Memantine will help me in getting off the Zyprexa as well since its similar pharmaceutical properties to benzodiazipines and the fact it helps also with people getting off said substances. Its pretty incredible what that drug can do for people id say the only other drug that is simliar to it in terms of addiction relief is Ibogaine.

Obviously its not as miraculous as the later but its pretty damn impressive. Im gonna be okay my friend dont you worry, ive thought long and hard about how i am going to approach my drug use in the future and would not risk my future for anything, things are going ao well for me now. Ive been blessed with such good fortune and appreciate all ive gained greatly. Really looking forward to introducing some Tryptamines into my diet as well soon and expect those to prove to be quite therapeutic as well.

Hope your having a wonderful day, all of you.
Truly appreciate your concern ❤️

Ohhh boy i juat ordered one of those 580 gram mini-tanks of n2O to test out this coming weekend. So excited to see how these work and of it is much easier/faster than my cracker and dispenser i have been using i may just make the switch over to using these. Yes, they are a little more expensive than buying carts but if i can just quickly fill one balloon after another for me and sexy girl while we are pulled up in the parking garage with ease its deff worth it. Have a feeling we are gonna blow through this one take ultra fast but i deff wanna see how it works before buying multiples....

So about a month ago, I took some mescaline with ondansetron with a friend. We both had mediocre, blunted experiences. This isn't the first time this has happened. I've taken ondansetron with methallylescaline and the experience was bland and muted, and that's another favorite. My one time taking aMT was with odansetron, and it was a bland, muted, boring experience, too. No one else has mentioned this and the pharmacology doesn't make sense, so I've persisted...but I think I'm done throwing good after bad at this point. The fact that a 300mg mescaline experience was way less interesting than a 30mg allylescaline experience is kinda weird to me. I know that variance is a thing, but I don't think I've ever had an experience where I took ondansetron and not had the following experience feel utterly underwhelming.

Interesting, because some prominent voices in the past (psood0nym comes to mind, RIP bud <3) would always say that ondansetron would totally eliminate any bodyload and nausea while not impacting the trip at all. And I want to even say he used to say it made the trip better, but that might just have been due to lack of bodyload. It always used to sound so appealing to me back then, because I used to get pretty bad bodyloads. Nowadays though, I basically don't ever get nausea or bodyloads, which is ironic because now I have ready access to ondansetron (my girlfriend got prescribed it and never uses it).

I have heard that Ondansetron has zero effect on the experience at the 2-4 mg range from a variety of Bluelighters, psychedelic enthusiasts, and drug nerds that I have spoken to about it.
How much Ondansetron did you take?
Which RoA did you use for the aMT, mescaline, and allylescaline?

I recently acquired some Ondansetron and can report on this myself if needed.

Just dont EVER take ondansetron with DXM.

It gave me serotonin syndrome and i almost died it literally fucked me up for years afterwards and i had to take a major break from all drugs. I had a pounding headache for no joke maybe 36 months afterwards and i came close to killing myself. Saw a BLers post about the combo and took their word for it and it almost was the end of me. Im not gonna say who it was, cuz at the end of the day it doesnt matter anymore. But i should just throw it out there incase anyone else ever gets the idea to eliminate DXM bodyload this way.

Just dont EVER take ondansetron with DXM.

It gave me serotonin syndrome and i almost died it literally fucked me up for years afterwards and i had to take a major break from all drugs. I had a pounding headache for no joke maybe 36 months afterwards and i came close to killing myself. Saw a BLers post about the combo and took their word for it and it almost was the end of me. Im not gonna say who it was, cuz at the end of the day it doesnt matter anymore. But i should just throw it out there incase anyone else ever gets the idea to eliminate DXM bodyload this way.
This is really surprising...
What were your dosages like with both substances?

I have heard that Ondansetron has zero effect on the experience at the 2-4 mg range from a variety of Bluelighters, psychedelic enthusiasts, and drug nerds that I have spoken to about it.
How much Ondansetron did you take?
Which RoA did you use for the aMT, mescaline, and allylescaline?

I recently acquired some Ondansetron and can report on this myself if needed.
4 mg oral ondansetron
Mescaline - oral
Methallylescaline - oral
aMT - rectal

4 mg oral ondansetron
Mescaline - oral
Methallylescaline - oral
aMT - rectal
Very odd.
I'll try mixing it with 2CB first, as that is the psychedelic that I am most familiar with at various dosages.

This is really surprising...
What were your dosages like with both substances?

Its not surprising at all considering its mechanism of action and the fact DXM is also an SSRI, just wish i did more research before hand. It was over a decade ago but if i remember correctly it was 700mgs DXM and 4-8mgs Ondansetron. Id taken two Zofran tablets with two bottles of DXM only syrup. Its not as harmless a drug as people make it out to be.

Ondansetron is a selective 5-HT3 serotonin-receptor antagonist used for its antiemetic properties. It is one of the four FDA-approved 5-HT3 serotonin-receptor antagonists used to combat nausea and vomiting, including granisetron, dolasetron, and the second-generation drug, palonosetron.[7]

Ondansetron acts both centrally and peripherally to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting. Central effects are mediated by the antagonism of 5HT-3 serotonin receptors in the area postrema. The area postrema, located on the fourth ventricle floor, contains the "chemoreceptor trigger zone." This zone senses neurotransmitters like serotonin, toxins, and other signals and plays a role in mediating the sensation of nausea and subsequent vomiting. Ondansetron also has effects peripherally by acting on the vagus nerve. It works on the 5-HT3 receptors that can be found at the vagus nerve terminals. The vagus nerve can sense nausea and vomiting triggers within the GI tract, such as stomach irritants. It forms synapses within the nucleus tractus solitarius of the brainstem, another region important in vomiting. The peripheral actions of ondansetron are thought to be the predominant mechanism for its antiemetic effects.[8][9]
administration of pimozide with ondansetron should be avoided due to the risk of QTc prolongation.[26] Amiodarone may also prolong the QTc interval; hence administration with ondansetron requires monitoring.[27] There is a risk of serotonin syndrome when taking ondansetron in conjunction with other serotonergic medications.[28][26]

Last edited:
Its not surprising at all considering its mechanism of action and the fact DXM is also an SSRI, just wish i did more research before hand. It was over a decade ago but if i remember correctly it was 700mgs DXM and 4-8mgs Ondansetron. Id taken two Zofran tablets with two bottles of DXM only syrup. Its not as harmless a drug as people make it out to be.
The risk of serotonin syndrome is theoretical and does not seem practical at low dosages.
A drug that blocks a very specific subtype of serotonin receptors should not increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.

All serotonin syndrome cases in the literature involving Ondansetron also involved fentanyl and various serotonin medications such as SSRIs and trazodone, all of which are very much known to cause SS with or without Ondansetron.

Not to deny your experience, of course. But it does come at a massive surprise to me.

Were there any other drugs in your system at the time?

O
The risk of serotonin syndrome is theoretical and does not seem practical at low dosages.
A drug that blocks a very specific subtype of serotonin receptors should not increase the risk of serotonin syndrome.

All serotonin syndrome cases in the literature involving Ondansetron also involved fentanyl and various serotonin medications such as SSRIs and trazodone, all of which are very much known to cause SS with or without Ondansetron.

Not to deny your experience, of course. But it does come at a massive surprise to me.

Were there any other drugs in your system at the time?

Nope that was all id taken all week was the DXM and Zofran. Maybe it wont happen to everyone but it is a real risk and it put me off ever taking DXM again honestly. It was so scary and i had to be hospitalized, when the SS the pressure inside my head made it feel like i was gonna explode and my body started over heating it was straight fucked.

The headache afterwards stayed for years and was so painful and i couldnt use any drugs besides opioids/benzos for very long time. Everytime i tried to take psychs/dissos it just made the headaches way worse. Id just wished MXE came on the scene earlier cuz i wouldnt have been fucking around with DXM all the time. Back in the day the only Dissos around were DXM/Ket/PCP and the later two were harder to source. People take all the new ones for granted, facts.

Something not a lot of people seem to be aware of is that Ondansetron prolongs the QT-intervall of the heart and many psychedelics do that too. An abnormally long QT-interval is associated with ventricular heart-arrhythmia and cardiac arrest which is why I abstain from using it in conjuction with most sympathomimetic drugs. I guess it’s fine for some psychedelics because I never heard of a case where this got problematic, but still, please be careful and not just thoughtlessly combine it with anything.

Edit:
@ecstacylover
Do you have a case in mind?

You know my last few trips I have taken ondansetron and had much weaker experiences than expected. I chalked it up to some kind of permanent tolerance from way back, perhaps it was the ondansetron...

Something not a lot of people seem to be aware of is that Ondansetron prolongs the QT-intervall of the heart and many psychedelics do that too. An abnormally long QT-interval is associated with ventricular heart-arrhythmia and cardiac arrest which is why I abstain from using it in conjuction with most sympathomimetic drugs. I guess it’s fine for some psychedelics because I never heard of a case where this got problematic, but still, please be careful and not just thoughtlessly combine it with anything.

Edit:
@ecstacylover
Do you have a case in mind?
QT prolongation is terrifying, but I don't have a good way to evaluate the risks. Ibogaine kills people regularly despite the best precautions, but only a tiny fraction of the untold numbers of people that use diphenhydramine every day die.

QT prolongation is terrifying, but I don't have a good way to evaluate the risks. Ibogaine kills people regularly despite the best precautions, but only a tiny fraction of the untold numbers of people that use diphenhydramine every day die.
Right, there are some I would definitely avoid taking in combination with Ondansetron like Ibogaine or the NBOMe’s for example, because those are known to activate the hERG channel. But you‘re right, it‘s nearly impossible to safely gauge how much QT intervall prolongation is tolerable. Even Shulgin combined some anti-nausea medications with psychedelics from time to time, but then again he also ingested things like 2C-SE. :ROFLMAO:

How often does ibogaine actually kill people? I guess I don't really have a handle on that. And is it typically from a flood dose, or is that for lower dosages, too?

Yes interested on how dangerous Ibogaine is. I've often wondered if a flood dose is more modern use for addiction and if the natives used much smaller doses. One book I have says the natives took a small dose and went hunting and were able to stand still. (that is from one of those older psychedelic books lol)

I would love to try a smaller dose. But much research is needed.

It's been almost six years since I did a bunch of reading on the topic, but the conclusion that I came to at the time was that there A) there was no reliable repository of data on ibogaine deaths and B) that protocols other than flood dosing did not prevent arrhythmia or sudden cardiac arrest. Those deaths still occurred in clinical settings where professional informed medical assistance was close at hand.

Methadone is another drug with a risk of QT prolongation (and an arguably comparable safety record on its own,) and dehydration during detox from many drugs can aggravate arrhythmia due to ion balance disruptions. Heavy alcohol use can do the same; gotta have those electrolytes.

It may be that flood dosing is riskier. It may be that microdosing, or gradual multi-day workups to peak plasma levels like ICEERS.org's protocol may be safer, but I could not be certain. Deaths still occurred regardless. One surprising detail iirc was that deaths often occurred days after the peak, and so may have been caused by noribogaine or other metabolite. Some have suggested that T-wave morphology changes may be responsible, and once the T-wave has returned to normal that the patient is no longer likely to need monitoring. Some clinicians advocate for genetic testing prior to make sure that the patient does not have the cytochrome P450 2d6 phenotype, or at least that their dosage be adjusted, especially for those with an extreme case. Apparently, ibogaine causes T-wave flattening severe enough that it would normally indicate ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) interventions, but with ibogaine the protocol below recommends to just monitor and watch for other arrhythmias. Also, the anti-arrhythmic med amiodarone should not be used, because it also prolongs QT.

There's a lot more information here. I'll include an excerpt below:

Basic Pharmacodynamics​

In addition to the psychological effects noted in the previous section, ibogaine presents some powerful physiological effects, including ataxia, tremor, nausea, vomiting, slowed breathing, heightened sensitivity to sensory stimuli, as well as bradycardia, hypotension and other changes to heart rhythms or blood pressure, including QT interval prolongation and t-wave morphology changes. As a result, unless necessary, patients generally prefer to be lying comfortably without a lot of agitation or movement.

Ibogaine’s physiological effects, particularly its cardiac effects, can present significant and potentially life threatening risk factors even within the therapeutic dose range in patients that have certain pre-existing heart conditions, electrolyte imbalance, or who are detoxifying from alcohol or benzodiazepines (Alper 2012).

The QT interval prolongation associated with ibogaine may have several causes. The primary factor is changes to the way that cardiac cells utilize potassium to repolarize their electrical charge. This repolarization reserve is also affected by bradycardia and the blockage of the hERG channel, which modulates the bioavailability of potassium. As addressed later, this presents concerns in patients who are hypo or hyperkolemic.

Other factors also play a role in depleting repolarization reserves and causing QT prolongation. These include low levels of magnesium; other QT prolonging medications, foods and supplements; withdrawal from cocaine, alcohol, or amphetamines; and many of the risk factors outlined in Chapter 2.

In many cases, during the acute period of ibogaine metabolism, bizarre t-wave morphology may be noted. These changes may include flattening of the t-wave, biphasic t-waves, and initial decrease in the anterior slope of the t-wave. These changes have been postulated to be attributed to changes in intercellular potassium exchange caused by blockage of the hERG channel (Thurner 2013, Alper 2015).

Ibogaine is metabolized via liver enzyme CYP450-2D6 into its primary metabolite, noribogaine. There may be clinically significant variability in the initial phases of ibogaine’s effects based on a patients CYP2D6 metabolism phenotype, particularly at the extreme ends of the spectrum for poor and ultra-rapid metabolizers (Glue 2015).

Ibogaine is also known to cause a level of restlessness and sleeplessness in the days following administration in some cases. This is especially the case for patients who use benzodiazepines or other sleep inducing medications.

Seizures under the influence of ibogaine can induce lethal arrhythmias, and have led to fatalities as well as permanent injury. Ibogaine itself has not been known to induce seizures, however, this is a concern in regards to withdrawals from alcohol or benzodiazepines, as well as for epileptics.

Clinical Pharmacokinetics​

Ibogaine saturation peaks at 2 hours after administration and has a half-life of up to 7 hours in human plasma (Koenig 2015). It is metabolized into noribogaine, which, it is believed, is stored in fat tissue and released over the course of the following weeks or months. Noribogaine possesses some of the same effects as ibogaine, which may account for the prolonged reported benefits.

In those patients who experience t-wave changes they generally last between 12-14 hours, but can persist for as long as 24 hours. Cardiac concerns decrease after t-wave stabilizes.

Some adverse events have been reported as late as 76 hours after administration (Alper 2012), however the factors in these instances generally can be addressed with proper screening and preparation.