• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Thread: N-Dimensional Funhouse of Possibilities

Lol kinda reminds me of a post I made earlier out of sarcasm since I seen the poster got the op's slang totally wrong
They don't call it the face down generation for nothing, it's cool and all as long as you look up occasionally and converse verbally irl

^Trozzle, I thought it was summer in the Southern hemisphere now? Here in the States it's freezing balls, it's supposed to be a high of 17 Fahrenheit or something today...
More or less, but I really meant relative to Thailand/Cambodia where I've just returned from :( plus my city is renowned for its indecisive weather...38°C (104ºF) last Friday, 15°C (59ºF) today :/

born too late to explore the earth, born too early to explore the universe, born just in time to order psychedelic drugs from the internet

.jpg

Xorkoth, I had heard through my travels from people who have lived in Asheville that one of its many attractions is that it actually has a sizable psytrance scene. I could use that shared energy in my life right now. I used to be very connected with Psytrance gatherings and community, but where I am now I'm lucky to find anyone who even knows what it is. Sounds like you are on a good channel over there. I feel your words, having been there myself.

born too late to explore the earth, born too early to explore the universe, born just in time to order psychedelic drugs from the internet

.jpg

Born just in time to explore the Inner Universe with a proper spacesuit, metaphorically speaking.
I feel like Terrence McKenna's 2012 singularity was about a functional convergence of technological advances (I.e. Internet, psychedelic drugs that can be distributed through said Internet) reaching a point where it begins to cause paradigm-shifting acceleration of global human consciousness evolution. In that respect I think he was right on the money. There has been a distinct, palpable shift in consciousness, at least for the people who are tuned in, and the percentage of people tuned in is only increasing as the old world continues to fall off.

Born just in time to explore the Inner Universe with a proper spacesuit, metaphorically speaking.
I feel like Terrence McKenna's 2012 singularity was about a functional convergence of technological advances (I.e. Internet, psychedelic drugs that can be distributed through said Internet) reaching a point where it begins to cause paradigm-shifting acceleration of global human consciousness evolution. In that respect I think he was right on the money. There has been a distinct, palpable shift in consciousness, at least for the people who are tuned in, and the percentage of people tuned in is only increasing as the old world continues to fall off.

I like the idea, but I haven't seen much evidence at all for a paradigm shift. Sure, when I was deeply ensconced in the psychedelic/doof community, I felt there was tangible change occurring, but- upon emerging into the "real" world- I see that not much has changed in the broader.

I like Terence, but I tend to think of his ideas as poetic fantasy. And I think it further pushes psychedelics in the nether regions of subculture...

^While you're tuning in, I'll turn on with some Glenfiddich Special Reserve (which isn't fancy, in spite of the name, only cost 35 bucks or so). Maybe smoke a bowl and have a bottle of indica IPA.

willow said:
Maybe you should contemplate moving out.

I make ~$200 per month. Being unable to function in society is the main reason I'm livin' here to begin with. I'm also an incorrigible spendthrift, as you may have noticed.

i also used to feel like something was happening when i was doing a lot of psychedelics. like we were all riding on the edge of some weird wave of synchronicity. looking back i think it was a product of how psychedelics mess around with how you perceive patterns, and everything that happens seems like it's connected.

looking back, there actually were a lot of good things happening though. lots of positive drug experiences (good acid seemed to be everywhere, nbome's weren't around yet), the bad drugs like opiates and etc. hadn't quite creeped into my life yet, PD social was really hopping and was an incredibly tight community, and most of my irl friends were experimenting with psychedelics too and we were discovering all sorts of far out territory at the interface of psychedelics and music. i mean it was awesome and i wouldn't trade it for the world, but it just didn't seem to go anywhere. if anything, it seems to me like things have regressed since then.

the mid-to-late 2000's were really a special time though, at least from my perspective. it was like a renaissance of sorts, like this little oasis of time where anything seemed possible. by far the best time of my life.

Hey, does anyone in here have experience with xenon? o_O

how in the world did you get your hands on xenon? on the rare occasions that it's used as an anesthetic, it's recovered and recycled because of how insanely expensive it is.

the mid-to-late 2000's were really a special time though, at least from my perspective. it was like a renaissance of sorts, like this little oasis of time where anything seemed possible. by far the best time of my life.

Pheel feels ya, same peak optimistic fun having care free full on love era here as well m80

I like the idea, but I haven't seen much evidence at all for a paradigm shift. Sure, when I was deeply ensconced in the psychedelic/doof community, I felt there was tangible change occurring, but- upon emerging into the "real" world- I see that not much has changed in the broader.

I like Terence, but I tend to think of his ideas as poetic fantasy. And I think it further pushes psychedelics in the nether regions of subculture...

He suffers a lot from what David Nutt refers to as "magical thinking" (see: http://journal.frontiersin.org/Journal/10.3389/fnhum.2014.00020/full)

how in the world did you get your hands on xenon? on the rare occasions that it's used as an anesthetic, it's recovered and recycled because of how insanely expensive it is.

It actually wasn't nearly as hard to get as you might think, but you're right about it being damn expensive. I estimate that I'll have enough for use over the course of one decently long, badass trip, so I'm trying to gather all the data I can so I can make sure I make the most of it.

i also used to feel like something was happening when i was doing a lot of psychedelics. like we were all riding on the edge of some weird wave of synchronicity. looking back i think it was a product of how psychedelics mess around with how you perceive patterns, and everything that happens seems like it's connected.

looking back, there actually were a lot of good things happening though. lots of positive drug experiences (good acid seemed to be everywhere, nbome's weren't around yet), the bad drugs like opiates and etc. hadn't quite creeped into my life yet, PD social was really hopping and was an incredibly tight community, and most of my irl friends were experimenting with psychedelics too and we were discovering all sorts of far out territory at the interface of psychedelics and music. i mean it was awesome and i wouldn't trade it for the world, but it just didn't seem to go anywhere. if anything, it seems to me like things have regressed since then.

Totally resonant with you there. Starting in 2005 it all started to come together when I became the assistant of a didgeridoo-playing sound healer. In 2006 I started my spirit quest, by 2007 I was traveling around the country to festivals and ultimately landed at burning man, and for a few years after that I managed to live without the constraints of a normal day job, lived with good friends and all was love. It all peaked in 2011. I was effectively a modern-day rockstar (and yeah that means I eventually developed an opiate addiction).I kept the energy rolling to an extent through 2012, enough to get to the December 21 marker with an atom bomb of a DMT/MXE/LSD trip, but after that it was clear that my spirit quest was coming to an end. I moved back to my hometown and got a day job, limiting my time for art and care-free enjoyment of the ever-present moment. I still remember though, and I have enough reflections to keep me going through the post-singularity time we are in. In some ways it is regressing now, in other ways novelty theory is still chugging along. From my perspective at least.

That was an amazing time for sure, one of the most fun times of my life. I have a lot of warm feelings thinking of it. It peaked in Spring/Summer 2006 for me personally, and 2007 was amazing too, and then the opiates and excessive drug use really caught up to me. Me and the PD crew over here still talk about it on a regular basis. :) It was weird, even my girlfriend/soon to be wife at the time, even though she didn't do psychedelics and didn't know I was doing them, would talk about how it seemed like something was happening, we actually talked about it a lot then.

Psychedelics really seem to connect me to inspiration and a sense of magic and possibility in the world. That can definitely be taken to an unhealthy extreme and snowball into delusion, but I feel like it's healthy for me to have that in my life. It's the main reason I do psychedelics still.