• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good on you HeadphonesandLSD, fuck a workplace like that!

Fucking cancer man. It looks like chemo therapy isn't working for my dad, it looked good in the beginning but now they've realized that it has already come back during the second round of chemo. Worst of all, the tumor was constricting his esophagus to the point where he couldn't eat at all not even soup. Now they've put a stent in there to keep it open permanently. But that also means major heartburn which is further fucking up his esophagus, which is already irritated from having the doctors fiddling around in there all the time. So now even with it not being swollen shut anymore, he can hardly eat anything because of the pain. That is so fucking hard to watch, especially since my dad has always been so passionate about cooking and eating good food. :(

That's incredibly sad friend. I hope things get better. <3

drinking alcohol for the first time since january or february. had a stupid fight with my girlfriend today. we've been so good lately, but she almost left me today over a pretty trivial fight compared to the sorts of fights we had last year. idk what to think.
Perhaps stress is just high. A few months back my girl and I almost split over sex essentially, after 8 years... woulda been stupid, we were just so stressed by life in that moment though. I'm sure y'all will work through this <3

Well yeah B's been my friend since young adulthood....you read of him in several trip reports. Her I hardly know, I watched her shooting up but never used whatever she was using.

Texted him today to say hello and ask how he was....he wrote back 10 texts in a row about her. The diplomatic thing to say is, I guess he is tied up in love. Yeah she is his ex wife out of prison, she scammed him and his family out of over 100k, she married another man while married to my friend. I still recoil from that day he insanely drove with me to the local PD to "press charges for bigamy" and they basically laughed at him.

She is very smart.

Whoa, sounds intense. :\ I can see why you're concerned.

My friend who's been on meth was sending me texts all night long, I woke up to more texts. They're all about how he's definitely not tweaking, but if something happens to him, give the police this "evidence" that someone is living in his house in a secret passage. He started telling me about a secret wall panel that opens up with a giant stone slab behind it and a tunnel behind that, and how he thinks he's on voyeur films that "they" are filming through it. He's talking about how all the outside sounds (construction, etc) keep happening right at the correct time to hide the tunneling sounds, otherwise he'd send me video for proof. He's afraid to go outside because he doesn't want to clue "them" in that he's onto them or they might kill him. He's sending me pictures for proof that are all super dark and they don't show anything. He's insisting he's sober but, uh, he stayed up all night obviously because he sent me like a text every 20 minutes the whole time I was sleeping. Plus, he's got the jumbled word salads going on, and is obviously super paranoid. He's not even asking me for anything, I think he is just freaked out and wants to tell someone about it.

Fuck man... :\ well I guess it's time to try calling his parents. Last time I talked to him he managed to reassure me he had been going too hard but realized how bad it was, so I didn't call them. He also said that they told him he had to figure it out on his own, they weren't going to help because he had fucked up too many times. So we'll see...

God damn it. :(

Funny enough, my friend who's going nuts is also "B".

Now he's telling me about how his brother has become evil and beat some woman really badly that he was dating a few weeks ago and he kicked him out because of it. Don't know what to believe but his brother is definitely all methy too, and his brother, unlike my friend, is a pretty shitty person.

Jesus man, shit is so fucked up. No answer from his parents but they're probably working.

Drugs really have the potential to take the worst out of ourselves :/

I'm sorry you both have to be concerned about your friends.

Thanks man.

On the plus side, just got back from working out, I've really been hitting it satisfactorily hard since I restarted doing it. I'm back to where I left off already after just a couple of weeks.

And on another plus side, I just received Oathbringer in the mail, I pre-ordered it from Amazon. :) It's the new long-anticipated third book of Brandon Sanderson's Stormlight Archive series. :) Yeah! Although I have to finish reading some other books first. Probably my girl will end up reading it first, she's getting back in 2 weeks now, earlier than expected. Oh yeah, that's the other good thing. Can't wait for her to get back. <3

Well work has been dead today so instead I made dinner for the next 4 or 5 days, worked out, cleaned my kitchen and wrote most of my MPT trip report. Really happy with the report so far. Now I'm headed to my band house/studio, we're recording a single for my friend's band. It'll be fun, I'll assist and hang out with all the currently unoccupied band members (they're all my friends). Maybe later tonight if it's not too late we can jam some, that would be cool. Either way, should be a fun night. :)

Your jams sound like a lot of fun, I'm jelly

Oathbringer reminds me of Hearthstone paladin, Uther the Lightbringer, can have a weapon called Ashbringer. I guess fantasy based just like some metal themes?

Well I've realized today that I can't go any longer being authentic with this girl without sharing that I have feelings for her... I really didn't want to share that I do right now - she's in a long term relationship, and my little human perspective can't see how anything is going to work between us - but I've hit my boundary and can go no deeper in this friendship authentically without her knowing. Gah.... I am so nervous.

If you know that it's going to be an end man, don't be. There's no point in being nervous about the last time you really talk to someone. Rather to be ready to converse.

Is this some sort of ultimatum you have with yourself where you'll likely cut contact or something else?

Your jams sound like a lot of fun, I'm jelly

It certainly is fun. :) But this was no jam, this was my friend's band who tours and shit putting down a rhythm track, then one by one overdubbing their parts. It's sounding awesome so far, 2 people still have to put their stuff down tomorrow. I'm probably gonna do something else tomorrow though, hang out with another friend, or maybe smoke a bigger dose of MPT at home alone.

You are living the dream Xor...at least you do things I am only dreaming of right now...though I know my time is coming soon to move on and grow up. Tell me about the recording process. Tell me about the equipment......do you guys have sexy analogue compressors?

Well, we've got a bunch of digital pre-amps on an interface, we can have up to 16 tracks at once. The recording room is on the other side of the apartment but everything is running through the wall. The living room is the recording studio (you could never mistake this place for anything but a music studio, the only thing not all musicked out is the bedroom, it's only half musicked out), it's all covered in padding with sliding curtains to seal the entryways made from 2 doubled over moving blankets each. There's also a headphone console so you can be in headphones out there. We use Cubase as the software. There's also a monitor connected to the computer, and a mouse, out in the recording room. If you're in the control room, you can communicate with whoever has headphones on out in the recording room.

Normally we have it set up for our practices, the drum kit is miked with 2 overheads, a snare mic and a kick mic. I've got my setup next to the drums and the guitar is across the room. Both of our amps are in different hallways so there's hardly any bleed. We have it set up so we can basically just load up the project default and it sounds pretty great without having to mess with much of anything, and we record all of our practices and basically everything. We've got a couple of big external hard drives full of practices, we record in 96k so everything is the best sound quality possible. I think the only analog thing we currently have is my Moog synth, but my guitar player (whose studio it is) is recording an album soon for this blues player in town, and the payment is a ~$3k analog console with 32 inputs. But we don't have that yet.

I need a good preamp. This Behringer preamp is passable at best ( after a grip of post processing I can get a good sound if the recording levels are good)

just randomly saw on a facebook meme: "art is how we decorate space, music is how we decorate time." thought you guys would appreciate that.

You're right, I like it. :)

I'm trying to decide what to do tonight. Kinda feel like socializing, but I have some projects I need to finish up at home... plus I could smoke a higher dose of MPT if I stayed home which would be cool. :) Decisions, decisions...

If you know that it's going to be an end man, don't be. There's no point in being nervous about the last time you really talk to someone. Rather to be ready to converse.

Is this some sort of ultimatum you have with yourself where you'll likely cut contact or something else?

Huh? There's nothing ending here, except her not knowing that I am, in fact, attracted to her. She is possibly my favorite person I've ever met, we're best friends, etc. There's no chance of not talking ever again. I'm just worried about it changing our relationship and us not being as close as before.

If she has a boyfriend, it could make her feel uncomfortable remaining that close to you. On the other hand, maybe it will turn out well? That's a tough situation, because it sounds like it's getting really hard for you to not say something. have you gotten any clear signs from her that she feels similarly?

Now I'm thinking I might go to a Dopapod show tonight. I've been wanting to see them sometime, a friend of mine is really into them. It's $20 which isn't bad and it's at one of my preferred venues, and a friend is going. Hmmmmmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.