• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pre-ordered "Oathbringer", the 3rd Stormlight Archive book. It's gonna arrive on the release date apparently, November 14th. :) I'm pumped!

I was looking at that last night. Was thinking it would have been cool to get a #'ed edition. Probably would have been $$$ though. I haven't read shit since finishing Malazan a few weeks ago. I bought Ian C. Esselmonts first Malazan book, made like 4 pages into it last night. Was on too much DCK though so yeah....

I might just read Oathbringer and not re read the first two. I just read them both within the past year. Maybe just read a few message boards and catch up. If I can find a guided readthrough or whatnot that might be cool.

I've heard that the Esslemont books are nowhere near as good...

Yah, I thinj I read his later books started being good ince he developed his own tone/voice and wasnt trying ti cipy Ericksons style. I think the one concerning Dancers back story is where he is supposed to have improved. I just picked it up bc it was at Half Price books and I need something to read

Last night I was listening to one of the early jams we did, from when I was in another band at the same time. The drummer in that band was playing in the jam and it made me think of him. I see him occasionally, he's often busy touring but whenever we see each other it's great, love that guy. He always says we should jam but it hasn't happened yet since the old band broke up. But I texted him to tell him we were listening to the jam, and he told me he and his band just moved into a new place and tomorrow they're having a housewarming/music playing party. I'm there! :)

Good for you Xorkoth.

Good friends, especially those who have been partners in creative efforts are truly golden.

So how about that 20g mushroom trip story Paul Stamets told Joe Rogan? Holy shit. Paraphrasing, 'Soo there I was 20 feet high in a tree, in the middle of a lightning storm on 20g of mushrooms, first time tripping. That trip cured my life-long stuttering problem.'

Was this before or after he invented the spore drive? ;)

Today I'm going yo my old band-mate's new house for a housewarming potluck plus all day/night jam with his band, a modestly successful regional band. :) He was the drummer of my old band that had the half insane, self-destructive prodigy guitar player, if anyone remembers me talking about that years back. I'm really excited, I haven't seen him in years except a couple of times briefly out at shows. Haven't played with him in forever. He says they have a Nord Electro 5, which is cool because I have Electro 2, and I've played the 3 and 4, but never the 5. I'm gonna bring my Moog synth too.

Holy shit that was a fun night! It was so good reconnecting with my friend, and there were a variety of musicians there, we jammed so much and I think all of us agreed it was the best jams we'd all had in a long time. I did some serious networking too. Gonna definitely open for my friend's band in town. I can't even really begin to describe the night, well I could, but I won't... but yeah it was amazing. :) After I'd been there a while and was comfortable with everyone I did 30mg of 2C-C and it was so nice to add to the evening.

Now to get tired... etizolam is my friend. I don't use it much but damn it is useful for nights like these. :)

Hope you all had great nights (or days, or both) too. :)

I had a horrible day at work yesterday so I laid out today. If I were a woman I could have gotten a co-worker fired. Since I'm not I didn't even bother to complain. Got harassed all day by a gay co-worker, I don't know why people can't simply take a hint or no for an answer. If they weren't going to be out for the next two months starting tomorrow I probably would have quit. My job is stressful enough without that bullshit. I had to restrain myself from kicking their ass at least 5 times yesterday and I'm not a violent person. Worst part was everyone knows about it now so I couldn't even smoke a cigarette on break in peace, some idiot walked all the way to my car to ask me about it.

They've thrown me to the damn wolves too. Every time I touch my work station fork lifts start moving product around. I feel like I'm getting set-up to be yelled at. Some idiot lost $10,000 worth of product yesterday and I spent most of the day tracking it down. Finally found it two departments over just sitting in the middle of the floor. No one knows how it got there. I just wanted to walk around and earn extra money, wtf happened. :X

Double congrats Stevic!

Yeah etizolam is incredibly convenient sometimes if you just use it only for exceptions and no more than say weekly at maximum.

I made a deal with myself not to buy anymore weed because I don't have the money to keep smoking, so I did stop smoking. Was also already taking it pretty easy with alcohol although I drank some in the weekend, I will keep it in the weekend and finally seem to be breaking some polyuse habits.

[ooh by the way Dirk Gently seems like a cool series! watching episode 1 now]

Still running wild here with growing plants and fungi :D have progressed to micropropagation / tissue culture, plants in test tubes etc :)
Also... trying woodcut...

Had a setback with my fungi and had to dump a lot and start over, next up King Oysters, Reishi and outdoors Psilocybe Cyanescens.

Waiting on the company I want to do a traineeship at to figure out how they can sell me and the gaping hole in my resumé to customers, I don't blame them although if they are worried about that I think they should let me work in internal project teams, I don't see the problem with that. Hopefully an answer soon!

Sorry to hear about your work Headphones, that sucks it sounds like you have some really nasty coworkers :\

And @ MGS that sucks too! Maybe people are willing to make more sacrifices to make something work like a broken relationship, perhaps those dynamics are where she gets her leverage... anyway I don't recommend filling in too much and ruminating until you go crazy.. hopefully you can hold your patience and talk with him when he is ready. I also hope he is not forced to pick sides or something like that, not going to war over this might help prevent that

Last edited:
Was also already taking it pretty easy with alcohol although I drank some in the weekend, I will keep it in the weekend and finally seem to be breaking some polyuse habits.

Me too man! :) The past 3 weeks or so I've quit doing stimulants and also kept my drinking to 1-2 nights a week tops. I've been sober most of the time and I've been really liking waking up and feeling great, and sharp. It took a while but I finally seem to have reigned in my habits which had been slowly ramping up. Glad you've been successful as well. :)

Sorry to hear about your work Headphones, that sucks it sounds like you have some really nasty coworkers :\

Yeah that does sound like a weird work situation Headphones. :\ Hope it can be resolved, or that you can find something better.

Good on you HeadphonesandLSD, fuck a workplace like that!

Fucking cancer man. It looks like chemo therapy isn't working for my dad, it looked good in the beginning but now they've realized that it has already come back during the second round of chemo. Worst of all, the tumor was constricting his esophagus to the point where he couldn't eat at all not even soup. Now they've put a stent in there to keep it open permanently. But that also means major heartburn which is further fucking up his esophagus, which is already irritated from having the doctors fiddling around in there all the time. So now even with it not being swollen shut anymore, he can hardly eat anything because of the pain. That is so fucking hard to watch, especially since my dad has always been so passionate about cooking and eating good food. :(

Sorry man. <3 My dad is in the late stages of ALS and he can't eat anymore, he has a feeding tube and he hates it so much. Can't breathe without assistance either, or move at all except turning his head and barely his fingers. He is basically waiting to die. :|

On a more positive note, I was driving back from the gym a bit ago and the person in front of me had this license plate:

END HATE

Right on random person. :) One of the best vanity plates I've seen.

drinking alcohol for the first time since january or february. had a stupid fight with my girlfriend today. we've been so good lately, but she almost left me today over a pretty trivial fight compared to the sorts of fights we had last year. idk what to think.

Awe bless you for responding. Hey dude! How are ya swilow?

Well yeah B's been my friend since young adulthood....you read of him in several trip reports. Her I hardly know, I watched her shooting up but never used whatever she was using.

Texted him today to say hello and ask how he was....he wrote back 10 texts in a row about her. The diplomatic thing to say is, I guess he is tied up in love. Yeah she is his ex wife out of prison, she scammed him and his family out of over 100k, she married another man while married to my friend. I still recoil from that day he insanely drove with me to the local PD to "press charges for bigamy" and they basically laughed at him.

She is very smart.

Do you have any difficult history with him or her? As in drug buddies or something?

FWIW, I would generally make sure my missus is happy with anyone coming to our house. Sometimes she just wants to chill out or whatever and doesn't want company (and vice versa) so I would always run it by her. Not about permission as such, just respect for the sanctity of our shared home. I don't expect it, neither does she but I think its not a bad thing.

This will pass. Bless you my friend and your family.

Sorry man. <3 My dad is in the late stages of ALS and he can't eat anymore, he has a feeding tube and he hates it so much. Can't breathe without assistance either, or move at all except turning his head and barely his fingers. He is basically waiting to die. :|

On a more positive note, I was driving back from the gym a bit ago and the person in front of me had this license plate:

END HATE

Right on random person. :) One of the best vanity plates I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.