• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, binge drinking is so exhausting for me these days. I drank my weekend away but now reality has returned, and I just want to sleep :|

I binged hard on dissos and tripped, and skipped a night of sleep this weekend.
After eight hours of sleep, breakfast, green tea and noopept, I'm at work feeling in perfect shape. Oh yeah !

I agree that drinking is too taxing on the body. I don't like it much nowadays. Don't even like being drunk, just a couple of relaxing drinks but I actually hate binge drinking. Haven't done it in years.

Woo, man, am I tired today. 8( I'll be fine, but I feel... fuzzy. Probably because I took some etizolam to mtry to power through that DOC lack of sleep (when it's 6am and you have to wake to wake up at 9, sometimes you need a little help. Oh well, nothing a little water, food and caffeine won't fix (hopefully). I was gonna work out today but I think that would be better saved til tomorrow because I feel like working and laying down.

Man, my friend is killing it right now, to be honest. He lived with me a couple of years ago and was in a pretty dark place, basically had nothing, living in his truck, didn't know what to do with his life, etc. Since then he started a business doing contracting work with fences/decks and house painting. He's built that into a really nice thing and he makes a lot of money from it. Then he got into cryptocurrency and has turned an initial $2k investment into over $10k in like 6 months, and really understands the crypto trading world now and is on his way to being pretty set up (since it's all percentages, the more you have in the more your gains are). He's looking to buy some land and build a house on it over the course of the next couple of years. He just decided today he's taking 4 months off work since it's Fall/winter and it's all stuff people get done in Spring and Summer mostly that he does. He's gonna travel to south America probably fora while to go surfing and stuff and travel for vacation. And he'll still be making money from bitcoin. Really proud of him, he's starting to live the dream. :) Wish I would have decided to put the time and study into cryptocurrency like he did, I could so do that shit too, it would fit into my work/life style. In fact I still could, I'm just kind of afraid to because I got burned the last time I tried (but I was dumb about it), and it take me a lot longer to work up savings than it does for him. But it's almost like, if I can develop my system, it could be a hell of a boon in my financial world...

^ My son got into cryptocurrency way back as well. He is very knowledgeable about it and also very patient I might add, as every single person in my extended family tries to tell him it's bullshit. To be fair, they haven't said that in a couple of years but it was pretty funny watching him get an entire room full of people twice his age to understand that they had zero understanding of what they considered the "real" money. I don't understand any of it. I got lost after humanity stopped just bartering cowrie shells for goats.=D

The funny thing was that I learned from a post on BL about the recent explosion of value in the cryptocurrencies while my son was volunteering on Lesvos and mostly off-line. I texted him to ask if he had checked his Bitcoin recently and he said "No. Why?" Then a few hours later I got a text that was just a line of exclamation points.:D

Yeah, it's crazy right now. But the way my friend does it is he belongs to an exchange, and he does sometime multiple times daily trades, taking advantage of the dips and peaks. He's gotten good at reading the trends, and he sets auto buy and sell limits based on how he thinks it'll perform. Buy low, sell when it crests the resulting peak after the dip. He made like $1200 last week because of some particularly good opportunities. So unless it totally tanks (unlikely anytime soon, they have a bitcoin ATM in my town now for fuck's sake), even if it's trending down generally, or if it's trending up, it's the same for him because he's working with local low/high points. He buys with his entire USD cash amount that's in the exchange, and then sells it all and instantly converts it back to USD so it's stable again. He also had some money invested in a couple of altcoin project that he says have great developer teams and have an idea that will revolutionize the crypto world if they pull it off. A little side invtestment to hang on to unless they explode, in which case he could conceivably make like 100x back on that investment.

I understand it enough, mostly because of talking with my friend. He said he'd coach me in his process if I decide to do it. I'm thinking of taking my tax return and giving it a shot. It would be cool to spend a year or two steadily and smartly trading and end up pretty set up.

I recently bought a small amount of BTC and decided to hold and see what happens. I made 120 usd in a month. It's a very little sum, but hey ! Free money for drugs.

I just pre-ordered "Oathbringer", the 3rd Stormlight Archive book. It's gonna arrive on the release date apparently, November 14th. :) I'm pumped!

Yeah, it's crazy right now. But the way my friend does it is he belongs to an exchange, and he does sometime multiple times daily trades, taking advantage of the dips and peaks. He's gotten good at reading the trends, and he sets auto buy and sell limits based on how he thinks it'll perform. Buy low, sell when it crests the resulting peak after the dip. He made like $1200 last week because of some particularly good opportunities. So unless it totally tanks (unlikely anytime soon, they have a bitcoin ATM in my town now for fuck's sake), even if it's trending down generally, or if it's trending up, it's the same for him because he's working with local low/high points. He buys with his entire USD cash amount that's in the exchange, and then sells it all and instantly converts it back to USD so it's stable again. He also had some money invested in a couple of altcoin project that he says have great developer teams and have an idea that will revolutionize the crypto world if they pull it off. A little side invtestment to hang on to unless they explode, in which case he could conceivably make like 100x back on that investment.

I understand it enough, mostly because of talking with my friend. He said he'd coach me in his process if I decide to do it. I'm thinking of taking my tax return and giving it a shot. It would be cool to spend a year or two steadily and smartly trading and end up pretty set up.

Definitely the smartest way to be playing with money right now.

I binged hard on dissos and tripped, and skipped a night of sleep this weekend.
After eight hours of sleep, breakfast, green tea and noopept, I'm at work feeling in perfect shape. Oh yeah !

I agree that drinking is too taxing on the body. I don't like it much nowadays. Don't even like being drunk, just a couple of relaxing drinks but I actually hate binge drinking. Haven't done it in years.

Also skipped a night of sleep this weekend because of a 3meo run. Slept well last night and woke up right on time this morning and got all my things accomplished. The rest of the the day is playing with music (made an awesome breakthrough musically today for a new project) and a couple hours of working at the head shop. My supplements today were 3 grams of kratom and the last 10mg of 3meo I had.

Since nothing is off topic in this thread, the Psyngularity house is accepting tenant applications for entrepreneurial psychonauts. Inquire within if anyone wants to flip their script, move to Arizona and incubate a new world with some fellow 'nauts.

Now that I've been a vegetarian for almost 6 months already (and already experimenting with veganism), I am attempting to give up my two most useless vices at the moment: beer and cigarettes. Meaning that for me anyway, the many negative effects outweigh any possible benefits.

For the past few weeks I've been averaging about 3 cigs and 4 beers a day, so I think it's about time to take the plunge 8o

Don't forget your b12 Dreamflyer! Spirulina and Chlorella are great natural sources. Take a spoon or two in a drink once a day and you'll be well on your way to your dietary dreams.

Hey Vortech, be careful with that.

Spirulina does not contain vitamin B12 naturally (see table), and spirulina supplements are not considered to be a reliable source of vitamin B12, as they contain predominantly pseudovitamin B12, which is biologically inactive in humans.[23][24] In a 2009 position paper on vegetarian diets, the American Dietetic Association stated that spirulina is not a reliable source of active vitamin B12.[24] The medical literature similarly advises that spirulina is unsuitable as a source of B12.[23][25]

Source is wikipedia but you can check the referenced papers.

As far as I know, for a healthy vegan diet the only way to go is either B12 pharma supplements, or eating nutritional yeast on the regular.

I don't know about Chlorella though, but I'll look into it.

I'd recommend nutritional yeast, it's absolutely delicious. I eat meat some time to time but I eat nutritional yeast on my toast for breakfast every day. I also put it in pretty much any sauce I make. I'd recommend it to anyone, but absolutely 100% for people who don't eat meat.

Some good news finally! After a year of going from site to site and manager to manager I finally got a position at the power company! Big buck$

What do you do when your best friend of 20 years wont hang out with me until he "sits down and talks to jess (his ex wife who has returned) to have me over.". WTF!!! I know jess and I did not know her to be so controlling. Seriously wtf??? Just venting.

Hmm, yeah sounds a little strange. My good friend is always thinking his girlfriend is going to be upset so he does stuff to restrict himself and then she gets annoyed at him for doing that because he sort of treats her like she's gonna be pissed about stuff that she isn't. Maybe it's like that, or else maybe now that he's back with her, she's gotten more controlling?

Either that, or he just wanted to make sure she was cool with someone coming over since they live together. Unless he won't come see you either...

What do you do when your best friend of 20 years wont hang out with me until he "sits down and talks to jess (his ex wife who has returned) to have me over.". WTF!!! I know jess and I did not know her to be so controlling. Seriously wtf??? Just venting.

Do you have any difficult history with him or her? As in drug buddies or something?

FWIW, I would generally make sure my missus is happy with anyone coming to our house. Sometimes she just wants to chill out or whatever and doesn't want company (and vice versa) so I would always run it by her. Not about permission as such, just respect for the sanctity of our shared home. I don't expect it, neither does she but I think its not a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.