• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread 2022-2023 v. Year of the Phenethylamine

I got back from the Burn yesterday, I was absolutely exhausted and slept 12 hours. Today I feel foggy and tired, I definitely can't do lack of sleep quite as well as I could when I was younger.

But it was awesome. On Saturday I volunteered for the burning perimeter... I won't do that again next time, but it has to be done and they were having a hard time finding enough people. I had to stand there, keeping people back, for almost 4 hours, starting hours before they lit it. My back started to hurt really bad and I couldn't watch the effigy burn. It would have been fine except damn did my back start to hurt. I had taken DOC earlier in the day and I stayed up and danced and partied the rest of the night until about 7:30am... took some 2C-B at night, and random bits of other drugs. Had a couple of really intense and profound (until I, of course, forgot it entirely) nitrous blasts. Had tons of hilarious moments, and I kept seeing people standing next to me in the darkness (an effect I sometimes get while tripping, especially at festivals). I randomly encountered two people (separately) who both live within 5 minutes of my house, which was pretty crazy since the event was in a different state. I drank a lot less than I have in past years, which is good because I remember it all and didn't have any hangovers (other than the "hangover" that comes from lack of sleep and not really eating very well).

I feel exhausted today still... I probably won't feel 100% for another day or two, but it was great. I need to make sure to rest and eat well because next weekend I've got another festival... this one is a music festival, where my band is playing a set. It will be the second biggest festival I've been to, and by far the biggest I've ever played.

I've been sober for long enough that I've stopped counting. With the keto in full effect the tinnitus is down, and because of the regularity I don't notice the background hunger, and can even easily subsist on 75% of the daily recommended calories if I wanted to. I still miss coffee in the abstract, but once I remember that it would heavily amplify food craving, the desire for it just goes away. The clarity of steady keto and its low tinnitus is just more valuable.

With the dissociatives it's more tricky, especially knowing such trip might very well help getting rid of the hangover noise of other substances. I notice significant improvements after exercise, and I know by now that a clean dissociative neurologically does about the same, but quicker.

I want to first find stability in sobriety though. Old memories have been flashing through my mind, leaving me stressed and depressed. But at the same time it's psychedelic in its own right. I've started having some dreams again.. I can't remember the last time I had any. And one of the dreams has been curiously premonitory for what was going to happen that day. That's a new one for me.

If I can keep generating synchronicity while sober, then anything any dissociative were to add would be just be killing pain, and that's just not good enough of a deal. The rawness seems essential for a sustainable endogenous serotonergic cycle.

I'm not getting anywhere yet with the Zyprexa taper I took 7.5mgs for like five days and then had a really horrible two days at work which were really difficult on my body working doubles and my back was in so much pain and this wicked rash I've developed. So I ended up taking the whole 10mgs the last couple nights so I would be assured a full night's sleep. I'm off for three days so I'm gonna be dropping it back down to 7.5mgs again and TRY to stay there this time it's just that I could really feel that I was on that lower dose this drug is so evil.

It's like the biggest fuck up I made in years going on this shit. It's gonna be a long road ahead of me and it just is what it is. I'm gonna really try this week to stick to it tho but I have one more double coming up in the next week and I know it's gonna be difficult. I've been getting this heat rash and chaffing on my thigh I think the work pants I bought are too ruff a material but my god guys does it hurt when I'm sweating all day long and running around the kitchen. It literally ruined my work week and was all I could focus on. Was forced to take Ubers when I generally walk home but I just couldn't walk the mile after my shift those days.

I really hope that I get a burst of will power that allows me to stick to the taper. It's not the end of the world I took two full doses if I go back down to 7.5mgs immediately it will just make it a slower taper and if I do this now the drop shouldn't feel quite as bad the following week. Wish me luck and strength this week guys I'm gonna need it. I know that I can do this it's just not gonna be pretty and I won't be able to ask without discomfort, that has become pretty fucking apparent. Seriously suggest anyone ever thinking about taking Zyprexa to learn from what I'm going through, eventually you have to pay the price.

Damn man, that really sucks. Sending you positive thoughts, brother. I never knew antipsychotics had withdrawals like that, you'd think your body would be like "cool, I have dopamine again!"

Damn man, that really sucks. Sending you positive thoughts, brother. I never knew antipsychotics had withdrawals like that, you'd think your body would be like "cool, I have dopamine again!"

It's because it also works on Gaba A sub unit not to a large degree but enough to make the withdrawals pretty bad in comparison to other AP's. That and it has a 22-54hr half-life so it takes forever to get this shit out of your system. This taper is neccasary cuz that week I went cold turkey really rattled me to my core. The weight gain has been a real problem for me and I'm scared that I will develop Diabetes if I stay on this, it runs in my family.

Olanzapine (Zyprexa)​

Olanzapine is a thienobenzodiazepine structurally similar to clozapine that received FDA approval in 1997 and in 2004 was approved for the long-term treatment of bipolar disorder. Olanzapine is also available in a combined preparation with fluoxetine. Like other SGAs, selectivity for D2-dopamine receptors is significantly less than for FGAs, although it does have relatively greater selectivity for D2 than does clozapine. Antagonist affinity for the 5-HT2A receptor is greater than for dopamine receptors, while affinity for the 5-HT2C receptor is similar to that for D2. There is also antagonism of α1-adrenergic, H1-histaminergic, and M1-5 muscarinic receptors. Olanzapine also has weak activity at GABAA receptors. Although interaction with GABAergic anesthetics is not defined, olanzapine is considered to potentiate the effects of benzodiazepines, and fatalities from cardiorespiratory depression have been reported when intramuscular olanzapine has been combined with benzodiazepines.101 Olanzapine is highly protein bound and predominantly metabolized by CYP 1A2.

Olanzapine is associated with weight gain, diabetogenesis, and dyslipidemia, with an incidence and magnitude greater than other SGAs or FGAs.102,103 Boxed warnings exist for increased risk of death in older patients receiving olanzapine for dementia-related psychosis, and for excessive sedation and delirium following intramuscular injection. The incidence of EPS is less than that of the FGAs, but greater than that with clozapine. Although a small number of cases of olanzapine-induced leukopenia and agranulocytosis have been reported, scheduled monitoring is not required. Similarly, while cardiac conduction abnormalities have been reported, myocarditis and cardiomyopathy are not features, and the overall cardiac risk is significantly less than that associated with clozapine.

It's because it also works on Gaba A sub unit not to a large degree but enough to make the withdrawals pretty bad in comparison to other AP's. That and it has a 22-54hr half-life so it takes forever to get this shit out of your system. This taper is neccasary cuz that week I went cold turkey really rattled me to my core. The weight gain has been a real problem for me and I'm scared that I will develop Diabetes if I stay on this, it runs in my family.
Luckily you weren't on it that long, relatively speaking, although it was a high ass dose. Diet will be everything... Sounds like a nightmare, especially when trying to just get shit done. It's what they don't tell you huh.

I've been ill, 4 days of fever and now everything seems to have transformed into a massive cold lol, it's not even COVID. Haven't been ill for a decade, RIP streak.

I feel run down, though today is better than yesterday. 10 years ago, last weekend wouldn't have taken too much out of me. RIP youth. Gonna do it all over again in a couple of days, though I will make sure not to literally stay up all night at any point. The problem is, I hate going to bed when my friends are up having fun. Makes me feel like I'm missing out.

The problem is, I hate going to bed when my friends are up having fun. Makes me feel like I'm missing out.
FOMO is hardcore man. Last Renfest I went to, my friends were all staying up on amps, booze, and mushrooms, and I didn't wana miss out so when I was bogging down around midnight, my friend offered me half of a 30mg adderal. Needless to say it was a sleepless night, and when the morning came, I had nothing but regret and my poor wife had to drive us home because I was still drunk/passing out.

Listen to this bullshit, well I see my psych today and since I wanted to get my Lamictal raised I told him I was symptomatic and he raised it to 150mgs split dosing regimen so it will hopefully help me sleep. Then I tell him I wanna come down on the Zyprexa to 7.5mgs and over the next couple months try to taper off. Well he wigs out and starts yelling at me telling me I'm the doctor and you don't tell me what to do and blah, blah blah.

Well he first says I'm gonna change you to Geodon which would have been a disaster cuz I would now be withdrawaling from Zyprexa and on some new medicine with side effects of it's on and it's pharmacological action is different so I would still be sick from Zyprexa. Told him pump the breaks I will just stay on the same dose of Zyprexa. Now he says if I come back next month we will discuss 7.5mgs but now I'm scared of even asking cuz he might discontinue it completely.

So now I have to continue cheeking my meds in pill call and then going in the bathroom to break the Zyprexa into pieces and taking what I hope to be 7.5mgs. Well after the shit show today I may just continue to do that the whole way through. This guy is on like a power trip it's not the first time we have gone at eachother in the visits when I got angry with him today he was like put the staff on the phone your being trouble Mr. Charlie...what a fucker.

It sucks that I have to risk getting in trouble for not taking my meds properly to get off this stuff but this doctor is such a problem. It's hard to break off a quarter of these pills they are so hard, once I'm on half one it won't be so much trouble. Sorry for always crying about my medication lately but this stuff is really stressful. I just wanna be able to eat my Psychedelics guys is this too much to ask for. And I had plans to get to trip at the Dead and Company Show next month and now it seems like that deff isn't gonna happen.

I feel run down, though today is better than yesterday. 10 years ago, last weekend wouldn't have taken too much out of me. RIP youth. Gonna do it all over again in a couple of days, though I will make sure not to literally stay up all night at any point. The problem is, I hate going to bed when my friends are up having fun. Makes me feel like I'm missing out.
Youth is wasted on the young.

It’s surprising how homeostatic our bodies are.

Hey folks, long time no see. Recently a local dealer started offering 246-NBOMe, also called it "IsoMescaline-NBOMe" and "246TMPEA-NBOMe". Have any of you heard or tried this one? I can't find anything relevant, is this something very rare or just bullshit? Claimed to be active at 2-4 mg and safe at up to 50 mg.

Hey folks, long time no see. Recently a local dealer started offering 246-NBOMe, also called it "IsoMescaline-NBOMe" and "246TMPEA-NBOMe". Have any of you heard or tried this one? I can't find anything relevant, is this something very rare or just bullshit? Claimed to be active at 2-4 mg and safe at up to 50 mg.
2,4,6-TMPEA-NBOMe is Trimethylphenethylamine N-Bomb.

Insofar as 3,4,5-TMPEA (for “TriMethylPhenEthylAmine”) is Mescaline, you could call 2,4,6-TMPEA “IsoMescaline” reasonably enough. And then it seems to conform to the the same pattern as the 2C-phenethylamines – which all makes sense given that Shulgin was inspired by the structure of Mescaline to first investigate the similar compounds TMA (and TMA-2 through -6), plus the 2C-x series (2C-B, 2C-I), and also the DOx series (DOM, DOB, DOC). Its chemical design is following the same pattern seemingly first started with 25B-NBOMe, 25I-NBOMe, et al.

So yeah, it all actually checks out, and could quite possibly be legit. I don’t think I would trust that safety profile just yet for doses that high…

[EDIT: by “legit”, I just mean it’s likely a new-ish RC. Do keep in mind how relatively unsafe the 25x-NBOMe‘s turned out to be…]

Personally, I would not be using my body as a test lab for novel NBOMe compounds with little to no reports of human use. But it’s up to you.

I'm not getting anywhere yet with the Zyprexa taper I took 7.5mgs for like five days and then had a really horrible two days at work which were really difficult on my body working doubles and my back was in so much pain and this wicked rash I've developed. So I ended up taking the whole 10mgs the last couple nights so I would be assured a full night's sleep. I'm off for three days so I'm gonna be dropping it back down to 7.5mgs again and TRY to stay there this time it's just that I could really feel that I was on that lower dose this drug is so evil.

It's like the biggest fuck up I made in years going on this shit. It's gonna be a long road ahead of me and it just is what it is. I'm gonna really try this week to stick to it tho but I have one more double coming up in the next week and I know it's gonna be difficult. I've been getting this heat rash and chaffing on my thigh I think the work pants I bought are too ruff a material but my god guys does it hurt when I'm sweating all day long and running around the kitchen. It literally ruined my work week and was all I could focus on. Was forced to take Ubers when I generally walk home but I just couldn't walk the mile after my shift those days.

I really hope that I get a burst of will power that allows me to stick to the taper. It's not the end of the world I took two full doses if I go back down to 7.5mgs immediately it will just make it a slower taper and if I do this now the drop shouldn't feel quite as bad the following week. Wish me luck and strength this week guys I'm gonna need it. I know that I can do this it's just not gonna be pretty and I won't be able to ask without discomfort, that has become pretty fucking apparent. Seriously suggest anyone ever thinking about taking Zyprexa to learn from what I'm going through, eventually you have to pay the price.
Been there, just not with zyprexa. It's crazy how stuck you can feel on drugs that you didn't even want to take... Best of luck.

I think i'm gonna try some kratom for the first time today. I have several varieties at my disposal.

Will it sap my hormones or something weird? Can i still be awesome on it?

I'm thinking 0,5 grams for starters. I actually tried a miniscule dose while on beer, weed and some PCP analogue and that was enough to upset my stomach in a particular way. I don't have a sensitive stomach, but i think i'm very sensitive to opioids. Never did any opioid at all before, unless during surgery.

I have varieties called:

Red borneo
Red maeng da
Red horn
Yellow borneo

I would appreciate if someone could take a guess at which one is more stimulating and suitable for an active day!

Last edited:
Red indicates sedation. So yellow. But in any case it's dose-dependant whether it's stimulating or not, so none will act as a downer at half a gram I'm sure.

I opted for yellow after reading more about it. Currently on 2 grams.

Slight nausea and 1 little dry heave. Otherwise a slight mood boost. Similar to coffee in intensity but more pleasant. I would have thunk it does some serotonergic stuff, but maybe it's just the light opioid activity. Kratom has a messy pharmacological profile iirc.

The worst trip sitter in history... Wanted to slap this lady

The anti-trip sitter

The trip annihilator

At least it seems like he had decent experience

Personally I have never had a trip sitter before, and I have gotten swirly damn near a thousand times probably. But the only drug I would say it is probably neccasary for to be responsible IMO is with Salvia. Those videos of people jumping out of windows and shit are pretty alarming. I've only done Salvia extract one time of 20X and it was such a crazy experience and sorta dysphoric and I didn't wanna repeat. During the trip itself some entity told me that our reality isn't real and this is all some sort of a construct made by higher beings, I wasn't really a human and my parents all of this is an elaborate simulation.

The entity started warping objects around me to prove it was true and then it pushed me backwards into my bed and I fell through hundreds of replicas of my room down, down, down at an incredible speed and then as everything was stretching out I was shot back upwards like a slinky and then I was back in the room and fucking terrified. I was still living with my parents at the time and ran down to them for reassurance to make sure I was really me. And then my Mom puts me to work glazing some ribs with BBQ sauce and I was still slightly tripping but felt better doing this normal activity.

Never touched that little tin full of extract again and ended up giving it to a friend. When I was peaking I had this song on and the point when it changes tempo in the middle is when I fell through the floor like a slinky and the music deff made the sensation even stronger. The overall message of the trip was similar to the one I get on high amounts of Dissos. That this is all a simulation and through the use of chemicals we can break thru the veil and see the truth. I'd smoked plain leaf many times before that and had light trips that were really interesting, but that salvia extract is no joke.

Personally I have never had a trip sitter before, and I have gotten swirly damn near a thousand times probably. But the only drug I would say it is probably neccasary for to be responsible IMO is with Salvia. Those videos of people jumping out of windows and shit are pretty alarming.
agreed

I've never really had or required a trip sitter, but man, my few experiences with salvia were all reinforcingly negative and beyond weird. I smoked some extract once while surrounded by several friends and the alarming nature of my confusion about who I was and who they were was scary.

If any drug really requires a trip sitter, I would say it would be salvia.