• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread 2022-2023 v. Year of the Phenethylamine

Why not?
What do you find to be different from psilocybin?

Yes, I could tell the difference easily in a blind trial. When you take 4-AcO-DMT it has two phases a fast come-up that can be a little confusing and confronting this is similar to that as Mushrooms but in the second phase lies the difference it turns into this DMT like phase where the visuals are incredibly complex geometry and look exactly like when I smoke DMT but just slowed down and drawn out. With the peak of Mushrooms it has a similar flavor but more so wavy and breathing, pastel like smears of color.

Another thing to note is when you IV Psilacetin it literally feels exactly like the DMT flash one time on a 75mg dose I went directly into HyperSpace and had entity contact...but it will happen with less to I've shot up 25mgs numerous times which is like smoking 50-75mgs N, N-DMT or so roughly. When you snort the stuff the same thing happens but not as intense. Obviously I have never injected mushrooms so I'm not sure how Psilocybin or pure 4-HO-DMT for that matter would differ in that regard. I would love to try some pure 4-HO-DMT at some point I remember that @Xorkoth found it to have some differences to Mushrooms. All these slight changes on the molecular structure change the nature of the drug experience pretty drastically at times.

I've never got people that say they are all identical when you take 4-subs cuz that couldn't be further from the truth IME. Especially when you start talking the MET, DET, MiPT, MPT subtypes and etc.

Last edited:
88a1fd65e5c89024fa5807ced0c4e0ad.jpg

{Similar to my IV 4-AcO-DMT entity contact}

Yes, I could tell the difference easily in a blind trial. When you take 4-AcO-DMT it has two phases a fast come-up that can be a little confusing and confronting this is similar to that as Mushrooms but in the second phase lies the difference it turns into this DMT like phase where the visuals are incredibly complex geometry and look exactly like when I smoke DMT but just slowed down and drawn out. With the peak of Mushrooms it has a similar flavor but more so wavy and breathing, pastel like smears of color.
I guess that kinda sums it up.

I just feel every time I trip psilacetin that there's something there, watching me. It isn't necessarily benevolent I feel. It's hard to explain. Perhaps I just really don't like myself, but I just don't like the way tripping psilacetin feels. It's kinda eerie. I don't really like the way mushrooms feel either but they have more of a propensity for a massive healing wave in the comedown.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I've never found them to be recreational. I have found them to be good medicine.

Yes, I find it to be without question the best "anti-deppresant" I've ever taken in my life. When I have been having a low period due to my bi-polar and eat some 4-AcO-DMT it is like a reset button that allows me to erase all that's troubling me and once I enter that second phase of the trip I'm incredibly happy an grateful for being alive. Even get a multi day afterglow when I just feel like I am walking on a cloud. All of the 4-subs do this for me but because of Psilacetin's confronting headspace in the beginning of the trip it forces me to work thru things in my life that are troubling me and look at them from a new perspective. I could see this drug being very therapeutic for people in the future, it has certainly benefited me in my life.

4acoDMT is super heavy on the geometry. Mushrooms can tap into that space at times, but it seems much more present with 4aco-DMT.

On my last trip with it I saw (in my mind) morphing 3 dimensional geometries very holistically. Living in 3d space, we can see a 2d object (a drawing on paper) in its entirety because we are looking at it from a higher dimension (of 3) but we can never see an entire 3d object at once because part of it is always hidden. But in your mind, you dont necessarily have that limitation of line-of-sight, so it was possible under this 4acoDMT to witness these 3d objects in their totality (or at least convince myself of it). This gave me the startling idea that perhaps we really *can* "see" a 4d object in our mind. I felt like I was on the verge of being able to experience that, but at the same time that it was an uncrossable chasm.

Maybe we just dont have the wiring for it since we evolved in 3d space.

Yes, I find it to be without question the best "anti-deppresant" I've ever taken in my life. When I have been having a low period due to my bi-polar and eat some 4-AcO-DMT it is like a reset button that allows me to erase all that's troubling me and once I enter that second phase of the trip I'm incredibly happy an grateful for being alive. Even get a multi day afterglow when I just feel like I am walking on a cloud. All of the 4-subs do this for me but because of Psilacetin's confronting headspace in the beginning of the trip it forces me to work thru things in my life that are troubling me and look at them from a new perspective. I could see this drug being very therapeutic for people in the future, it has certainly benefited me in my life.
I could see 4aco being a better therapeutic than mushrooms, if only because dosage is easier to control. But aside from that it tends to be less chaotic, and it has strong anti-addictive properties and come to think of it I find the reset effect potent as well.

I remember DPT having a really strong reset effect also.

Both shrooms and 4-AcO-DMT are very recreational imo, when the initial headspace is right at least...

Amazing drugs, but after a lysergamide and a tryptamine (DPT) psychosis I'm not too keen on taking them right now. It's probably only a matter of time since it happens on a phenethylamine...

Both shrooms and 4-AcO-DMT are very recreational imo, when the initial headspace is right at least...
Yeah, they can be. Don't get me wrong, I've taken psilacetin and mushrooms both hundreds of times, and I used to always enjoy it. But recent trips with psilacetin have left a bad impression on me. I still had insights and enjoyment but not enough to offset the negatives. The strange feeling of an entity being present at 20mg last week was enough to put me on a long pause with tryptamines.

Amazing drugs, but after a lysergamide and a tryptamine (DPT) psychosis I'm not too keen on taking them right now. It's probably only a matter of time since it happens on a phenethylamine...

Oh crap.. did that happen last year when I was absent?

Sucks, dude. :(

Oh crap.. did that happen last year when I was absent?

Sucks, dude. :(
Yeah, AL-LAD full ego death craziness ending up in the hospital, and on DPT my brain just broke but it was less bad and I realized what was happening some time in.

I've also gone psychotic on an acid trip some time before but I didn't realize it at the time and took a ton of etizolam which made me sleep. My brain is pretty fucked... I think I can get away with reasonable doses of phens though, for now.

Yeah, AL-LAD full ego death craziness ending up in the hospital, and on DPT my brain just broke but it was less bad and I realized what was happening some time in.

I've also gone psychotic on an acid trip some time before but I didn't realize it at the time and took a ton of etizolam which made me sleep. My brain is pretty fucked... I think I can get away with reasonable doses of phens though, for now.

Were both these trips fairly close to each other? Like within a year?

-GC

Were both these trips fairly close to each other? Like within a year?

-GC
About 10 months, at the time of DPT I was even taking Seroquel daily for bipolar stabilization.
You just slip into it without noticing, it feels so natural. I'm sure that if I were to take a reasonable acid dose that it would happen again. That psychotic touch was always there for me on lysergamides, acid is a fantastic drug but it always was right around the corner.

Feeling invincible and doing whatever was fun while it lasted though :) but even if I were never to slip into psychosis again, for now I can't trip like I used to, there's not the same confidence in the heavy moments and I hate having to look at the major black hole that is antipsychotics...

So you've had my shrooms moment, but way worse. I did check out the psych ward of the hospital once on a separate occasion, deep into MXE (voluntarily and rationally, just generally disoriented where I was going in life, and you've gotta try things out before dissing them, right?) but could already see by the architecture alone that these people had little clue of how mental health works. It's a prison environment where the guards are nice and the drugs are more expensive, heh, suitable for the most urgent intervention, which I'm glad they could provide you, but nothing more really. Walked out as soon as I could.

Curiously enough there's currently an expo in Brussels about "Sick Architecture", expressing my exact sentiment. It was a movement inspired by acid, they should even have something on display about that, if I heard the interviewee correctly.

That's the second time this year I've spotted positive LSD news in our state media. At the start of the year they reported on the invention of the PCR-test, relevant to covid, under the influence.

So you've had my shrooms moment, but way worse. I did check out the psych ward of the hospital once on a separate occasion, deep into MXE (voluntarily and rationally, just generally disoriented where I was going in life, and you've gotta try things out before dissing them, right?) but could already see by the architecture alone that these people had little clue of how mental health works. It's a prison environment where the guards are nice and the drugs are more expensive, heh, suitable for the most urgent intervention, which I'm glad they could provide you, but nothing more really. Walked out as soon as I could.
Well they pumped me full of haldol and I left the hospital when I woke up.
I did end up in the hospital psych ward in the summer but that was voluntary, in an attempt to solve all my problems once and for all =D it didn't work, but I got transferred (lol) to an institution with a lot more freedom for a couple weeks that actually seemed to do a tremendous job at helping people, with much less of a focus on medication, I was quite impressed. But there's only so much you can do for people in such a structured plan and environment. I just needed some time to get all the meds in order...

I see.

How much AL-LAD had you taken back then?
3 blotters that supposedly were 150ug, but it was probably more, hotspots.. there were some other reports saying the same blotters were very strong, and there was another guy that apparently went psychotic from it.

3 blotters that supposedly were 150ug, but it was probably more, hotspots.. there were some other reports saying the same blotters were very strong, and there was another guy that apparently went psychotic from it.
Hotspot or not that’s a lot of AL-LAD

Hotspot or not that’s a lot of AL-LAD
Yeah, I'm just guessing, it was my first time taking AL-LAD too. Based on everything and what I heard from some friends that have experience with acid analogues, I'd think they were slightly overdosed. But reports always said that doses can turn out to be pretty weak, so maybe a lot of those blotters were underdosed =D
It's probably one or the other. Considering the headspace and environment I was in at the time, 3 blotters was never a good plan, but I knew I'd somehow manage to make it all work, except you don't expect psychosis.