• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread 2022-2023 v. Year of the Phenethylamine

I figure this is a vague question best asked in the general social thread here, but has anybody ever encountered the 2C-T versions of N-benzylated phenethylamines? If somebody supposedly had the aldehydes on hand and managed to reduce them to phenethylamines, they'd only be two simple steps from creating 25T2-NBOMe, or 25T7-NBOH I would bet. Is anybody anywhere of these having ever existed?

I'm also a huge fan of the way that 3-MeO-PCP, brings out the mania that makes my baseline depression kind of balance out, it makes me feel like a human for weeks after using it. Does anybody have other mania-inducing drugs that they might recommend?

I figure this is a vague question best asked in the general social thread here, but has anybody ever encountered the 2C-T versions of N-benzylated phenethylamines? If somebody supposedly had the aldehydes on hand and managed to reduce them to phenethylamines, they'd only be two simple steps from creating 25T2-NBOMe, or 25T7-NBOH I would bet. Is anybody anywhere of these having ever existed?

I'm also a huge fan of the way that 3-MeO-PCP, brings out the mania that makes my baseline depression kind of balance out, it makes me feel like a human for weeks after using it. Does anybody have other mania-inducing drugs that they might recommend?
Rhodiola Rosea, got me hypomanic every single time ;) ymmv.

I had several hypomanic episodes while consuming rhodiola rosea regularly, along with several other drugs you probably shouldn't combine with.

So I got back my (free!) 3rd party analysis from Wedinos. Apparently the escaline I got is actually TMA-1. Bizarre. That stuff is so rare. I don't know if I should be a little bummed to have missed out on what might have been a mildly pleasant mescaline analog or happy to have a reference sample for the first synthetic psychedelic of the modern era.

Such creations have existed and also in man (and active), but I doubt they have ever moved outside of quite close circles. I know this does not do much other than spark even more curiosity, but there is little information and the one that is not really meant for public eyes. NBOx are pretty low-hanging fruit for any chemist that could make the 2C-T compounds to begin with.

So I got back my (free!) 3rd party analysis from Wedinos. Apparently the escaline I got is actually TMA-1. Bizarre. That stuff is so rare. I don't know if I should be a little bummed to have missed out on what might have been a mildly pleasant mescaline analog or happy to have a reference sample for the first synthetic psychedelic of the modern era.
Well, at least it is an isomer! I always like to think of 2C-E as an isomer of DOM, lol.

Last edited:
Such creations have existed and also in man (and active), but I doubt they have ever moved outside of quite close circles. I know this does not do much other than spark even more curiosity, but there is little information and the one that is not really meant for public eyes. NBOx are pretty low-hanging fruit for any chemist that could make the 2C-T compounds to begin with.

Well, at least it is an isomer! I always like to think of 2C-E as an isomer of DOM, lol.
I remember many years ago on here there was a german chemist who was apparently synthesizing and testing all kinds of exotic NBOx chemicals, and posting about his research on here. I could never tell for sure if it was just bullshit, but I suspect it was not. I can't remember who it was or how you'd find it, maybe someone else on here remembers.

I remember many years ago on here there was a german chemist who was apparently synthesizing and testing all kinds of exotic NBOx chemicals, and posting about his research on here. I could never tell for sure if it was just bullshit, but I suspect it was not. I can't remember who it was or how you'd find it, maybe someone else on here remembers.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about this guy. I do wonder if there was a linkage to another person, but iirc the timings did not check out. There has also been a German that went through a lot of PiHKAL, and later sadly committed suicide (Olaf Lichtenberger). I've heard that Lichtenberger made at least one of the thio-NBOX.

hansmeyer, the pseudonym you are talking about, only did treshold level evaluations and did not tell much about the chemistry. While it certainly is plausible that he made and took those substances, some of the data as I remember it suggested that he may have placebo'd himself into something. I think his evaluations of scaline-NBOx were implying way higher potency than those compounds really turned out to be as tested by other people.

@Psychestim have you ever revisited TMA?
No, sadly I only had the one 135mg dose to play with. Would be curious to revisit it at a higher dose though, looking forward to hear what you have to say about it. I‘ll also keep you updated on my 2C-T experiments, perhaps I‘ll write a report for that one because it‘s been a god damn minute since I last wrote a report. Also never finished my 2-Bromomescaline report, I‘ve been slacking…

Last edited:
Same. I can't really fuck with it.
Ah really, I thought it was a pretty rare reaction of mine because of bipolar.

It think most of the so called nootropics that screw with serotonin are always kinda risky. There are tons of really bad stories about use of Ashwagandha, st John's and even lion's mane.

Reactions: iom
It think most of the so called nootropics that screw with serotonin are always kinda risky. There are tons of really bad stories about use of Ashwagandha, st John's and even lion's mane.

The more I learn, the more I'm inclined to agree with this. Chronic stimulation of serotonin receptors may disrupt long-time-scale homeostasis (over weeks, months or even years) through epigenetic mechanisms which may be very difficult to reverse. The consequences are hardly understood for many widely prescribed/used drugs like SSRIs of various kinds, anti-psychotics, buspirone, CBD, etc. I'm even wary of microdosing psychedelics. We desperately need more serious research into these epigenetic mediated effects, which in the long-term may be more profound than the primary effects. Of course such research could inform better treatments including possible occasional (as opposed to chronic) use of drugs like psychedelics to nudge the homeostatic systems in the direction we want to elicit desired long-term changes with fewer risks. This is easier said than done of course.

I had one experience with rhodiola rosea. I had the powder and I put it in capsules, but I could still taste it, and it did taste like roses. The second day of taking it was one of the few times I caught a bad stomach flu. I couldn’t keep any food down and for that whole 12 hours of vomiting all I could taste was rhodiola rosea. That alone was enough to turn me off to the stuff. It had a bad association.

At that time I had no idea that rhodiola rosea affected serotonin. In fact, I only knew of that now because you all are talking about it. That is incredible, maybe that stomach flu saved me some grief. Because I couldn’t stand to look at the stuff after that little episode. This was in 2007.

I briefly grew and consumed rhodiola roses alongside a variety of other ethnonobotanicals for about a year and a half. I had no idea it had action surrounding serotonin, I viewed it as a mild stimulant with a unique feeling, I'd often use it as an ayahuasca adjunct alongside lotus, dagga, tetrahydroharmine, HBWR, and sometimes small amounts of kanna. I only ever exhibited signs of serotonin syndrome from the combination of harmaline and HBWR specifically, but I wonder if kanna or rhodiola rosea could've also triggered such incidents if dosed high enough. I'm glad I didn't become a casualty finding that out, damn. For as much as these plants offer, I feel so much safer with synthetic compounds or fungi.

@Buzz Lightbeer occasionally, usually after too many beers. I generally don't play sober anymore, for all the wrong reasons.

I'm always down to play if I've got time to kill

Are you on my chess.com friends? I can't even remember.

I'm down for some games now, or in the next few hours, if you'd like. :)

You're the only one from BL who gives me a serious challenge. I think we had some good games. And as I recall, you kicked my ass last series of games. I must redeem myself!

Last edited:
Ooh, we're doing space chess? I wasn't going to do space chess anymore, but if y'all are doing space chess, I could slip in a tiny bit of space chess.. =D