• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the tip, it'll come in handy next time. I think I was close to the point of blacking out during my trip today. I definitely wouldn't ever want to take a higher dose. 60mg will be my maximum dosage in the future. How big was your too-high dose of ETH-LAD?

It was two of the original 150µg tabs, so 300µg ostensibly. I don't know how evenly they were laid, I used to have a lot of faith in them because of the source, but now Pupnik in particular has illuminated how impossible it is to lay blotter evenly.

Thanks for the advice, though is there a reason you'd do it in the comedown specifically? It seems to me that I'd want to fix any sort of discomforts specifically before the trip rather than after. Or is it just too quick and immobilizing?

Because you're tripping and also you're still absorbing it through your sinuses, so it would abort the trip to some extent. If there's anything in there, it's at least slowly releasing, but by the comedown you don't want to be "taking" any more, at that point it's just keeping you up later.

I remember that ETH-LAD trip. The fact that this reminds you of that also makes me want to do it even more. :D ETH-LAD is also one I really need to push deeper with for that matter, that one is too intriguing to ignore for too long....

Yeah don't sleep on it, that's for sure. It will be all gone some day, it's a definite gem.

I think the ETH-LAD (and AL-LAD) supplies are getting low because all the places with them aren't offering larger amounts anymore. When I got mine they were still offering 100 at a time, now it's 50 or 25 max, or less, depending on where. Anyone who hopes to obtain either of them shouldn't wait much longer.

I've only taken ETH-LAD five times, but it is slowly becoming my favorite lysergamide. A special one for sure. I really want to take it again sometime soon, but I don't think I'll have the time. Plus I have so much stuff in queue ! I actually think my next trip will be 3C-P. I'm pretty intrigued after trialing 3C-E.

Yeah I want to try my 3C-P also, from what I gather it's more psychedelic than 3C-E. I tried it once years ago when I was addicted to opiates and it gave me a RAGING headache at 40mg, without a lot of trip, but everything affected me weird then. For a few years even AMT woulds give me so many negatives I couldn't take it when I was badly addicted to opiates, but now I love it again and it's basically perfect. Unfortunately I never got to try 3C-E during that time to see if it was bad too. Because I like it a lot now.

Because you're tripping and also you're still absorbing it through your sinuses, so it would abort the trip to some extent. If there's anything in there, it's at least slowly releasing, but by the comedown you don't want to be "taking" any more, at that point it's just keeping you up later.

Ah, I suppose that would make sense then. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Yeah don't sleep on it, that's for sure. It will be all gone some day, it's a definite gem.

No worries, I've already got my supply of this one luckily. <3 Not as much as I'd probably choose to have over the course of a lifetime in an ideal situation, but more than enough to get plenty of satisfying trips on.

I've only taken ETH-LAD five times, but it is slowly becoming my favorite lysergamide. A special one for sure. I really want to take it again sometime soon, but I don't think I'll have the time. Plus I have so much stuff in queue ! I actually think my next trip will be 3C-P. I'm pretty intrigued after trialing 3C-E.

Out of curiosity, what other lysergamide experience do you have? You're certainly not the first person I've heard express this sentiment about ETH-LAD. I've only taken it once so far at 100 mcg, and that wasn't really enough for a full experience for me so I'm still not quite sure how I feel about it, but I definitely love the hell out of AL-LAD, it came close to LSD already though I wouldn't say it surpassed it yet. Since ETH-LAD seemed like a somewhat similar trip for me so far I definitely have high hopes for it.... Both of these lysergamides give me that super duper extreme psychedelic tripping kind of feeling as was discussed before with the DPT, which is pretty much what I'm looking for most these days.

I'll definitely be looking forward to hear what you have to say about the 3C-P as well especially after all that 3C-E info. :)

haha, doesn't that mess with your sleep ? ;)

About my lysergamide experience, I've had a couple of LSD trips in the past in a time when I wasn't tripping as often as I am know haha. But with time LSD became harder and harder to obtain for me when the market here became flooded with NBOMes around 2013 if I remember correctly. Around that same time I got into RCs, so I stopped bothering with street acid. After that I have taken the "main" RC Lysergamides (ALD-52, 1P-LSD, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, LSZ) many times.

I actually liked them all a lot, but there is something about ETH that resonates specially with me. It's like it's got some sort of "phenethylamine" character to it, if that makes any sense. I would describe that character as a psychedelic action that operates primarily at the level of emotions. Like with LSD/1P/ALD (And also AL-LAD if dose is high enough) I get this feelings of cosmic unity, strong ego softening, language interpretation is heavily affected, metaphorical thinking is stimulated, it feels like I'm connecting with an ineffable reality reachable only through mind and spirit.

With ETH I feel far more grounded. Ego doesn't feel so affected. Metaphor interpretation/creation actually also feel turned up but language doesn't seem as affected. I don't found myself thinking as much about this cosmic universal order but a lot more about my internal world, my emotions, my relationships. And that description for me also applies to phenethylamines, although of course ETH still has that lysergamide taste. Mostly in the body feel and in the way visuals manifest, although they have been reproducibly unique when compared to other psychedelics. Also something about "the atmosphere" or general "feel" it induces in me but that is so hard to talk about haha.

But it reminds me a lot of phenethylamines in the way the trips have a really personal and emotional component, for me at least. There's too much of me present. Also thinking feels a little bit more coherent compared to the level of sensual psychedelia. The other lysergamides make me a little bit more confused. Phenethylamines are clearheaded like that too, for me. This is probably something very individual, but in four of the five times I've taken ETH-LAD an important part of the trip is spent thinking about love, and the power dynamics present in nature and society. Not sure why so specific, but it has been consistently like that.

I guess preferences have a lot to do with what you want to use psychedelics for. What I like about ETH-LAD is that its more grounded character has resulted in far more therapeutic trips for me, with so much personal insights, and has given me new questions for myself about the things I surround myself with. Its not as alien and edgy as LSD, its not as euphoric as AL-LAD, but it feels overall really positive to me, I always feel reassured after my ETH-LAD trips. I have to say that actually the one that has pushed me farther has been AL-LAD, even though it is regarded as the "light hearted" lysergamide. I took 300 ug and was blasted into fractal land. Almost complete ego dissolution, closed my eyes and watched all of evolution ocurr in a minutes behind my eyelids. Had visions of my own death in the desert. Then died again, also thirsty and under the sun, but this time in a lost ship in the middle of the ocean. Then opened my eyes utterly confused about what was going on. Had insane OEV and CEV. I has been one of my most intense trips, but I feel that ETH-LAD has been more "useful", and I like how warm and emotional it feels. During that AL-LAD trip for example, there was not much left of me to gain any insights. On the other hand I feel that if I were to took 200 ug of ETH-LAD it would be as strong as that, if not stronger. But I haven't pushed it much as 100 ug already satisfies me.

So that said, I must also note that I'm apparently pretty sensitive to Lysergamides. 25 mg of 4-AcO-DMT are a manageable trip for me. But 150 ug of 1P-LSD are approaching aphasic territory for me. 100 ug of ETH-LAD are already a strong trip. 150 ug AL-LAD were underwhelming to me, but then when I jumped to 300 ug it destroyed me. Same when mixing 150 ug AL-LAD with 100 ug 1P-LSD: Resulted in the most visual trip of my life. So that's that.

Sorry if this was too detailed of an answer to you question xD. Talking about this kind of stuff is so difficult that I need to use too many words and got carried away remembering my trips haha.

Last edited:
Right after we were discussing cleaning out the ol' sinuses after snorting drugs, I saw an ad for this "Naväge Nose Cleaner" - either cosmic synchrony or google is getting really good at ad placement. It looks so creepy especially in this uncanny valley animation:

NSFW:

But I bet it's the bomb for the post DPT/5-MeO-DMT etc snorting cleanse.

haha, doesn't that mess with you sleep ? ;)

I actually liked them all a lot, but there is something about ETH that resonates specially with me. It's like it's got some sort of "phenethylamine" character to it, if that makes any sense. I would describe that character as a psychedelic action that operates primarily at the level of emotions. Like with LSD/1P/ALD (And also AL-LAD if doses high enough) I get this feelings of cosmic unity, strong ego softening, language interpretation is heavily affected, metaphorical thinking is stimulated, it feels like I'm connecting with an ineffable reality reachable only through mind and spirit.

With ETH I feel far more grounded. Ego doesn't feel so affected. Metaphor interpretation/creation actually also feel turned up but language doesn't seem as affected.....[snip]...

Totally agree with you in the way you describe ETH-LAD. Are you a native english speaker IMG_9999? Cause you sure use the language well.

Totally agree with you in the way you describe ETH-LAD. Are you a native english speaker IMG_9999? Cause you sure use the language well.

Oh, thanks for the compliment :)
My native language is actually Spanish. But I've been in contact with English basically all of my life; primarily through the pokemon videogames in my childhood, lol, and afterwards while exploring the then mysterious and novel internet for my curious early-teenage self. After highschool I pursued a degree in biochemistry, and basically all the relevant scientific literature is published in English, so I had to read a lot of it during college. And finally, last year I had the great opportunity to stay for four months in a university lab in the US because of my work, and I guess that also impacted my English in a positive manner. So I've had more than enough instances to get a grasp of the language haha.

Yeah, I remember discussing some of what I wrote in my last post with you in the ETH-LAD's Big and Dandy, and finding some consensus.

Also, that video surely is creepy !

haha, doesn't that mess with you sleep ? ;)

It does not. :D EPT is the gentlest psychedelic I have ingested so far without question, for me anyway; I'm starting to call it psychedelic candy. No head trip, no emotionality, no body load, nothing but LSD-like visuals at DMT-like strength for slightly longer than the length of a DMT trip followed by a short-lived afterglow of a blissful body high and enhanced sensory appreciation or excitement. Smoking it last night before bed produced no change to the experience of rolling around in bed and thinking to myself other than turning my bedroom into some kind of futuristic alien electric jungle and producing a playfully transforming array of erotic images blended into soft, luscious patterns of bright neon purples, blues, and greens forming emotional designs such as tessellated heart-like shapes behind closed eyes. After the hallucinations faded away the body high came in and I enjoyed listening to music for maybe about half an hour, and then gently drifted off into a refreshing sleep. :)

This is, of course, just with the 50 mg doses I've taken. As with anything, there's no telling how intense it could suddenly become once the right concentration is reached, especially given how powerful it already is at these lower points....

About my lysergamide experience, I've had a couple of LSD trips in the past in a time when I wasn't tripping as often as I am know haha. But with time LSD became harder and harder to obtain for me when the market here became flooded with NBOMes around 2013 if I remember correctly. Around that same time I got into RCs, so I stopped bothering with street acid. After that I have taken the "main" RC Lysergamides (ALD-52, 1P-LSD, ETH-LAD, AL-LAD, LSZ) many times.

I actually liked them all a lot, but there is something about ETH that resonates specially with me. It's like it's got some sort of "phenethylamine" character to it, if that makes any sense. I would describe that character as a psychedelic action that operates primarily at the level of emotions. Like with LSD/1P/ALD (And also AL-LAD if doses high enough) I get this feelings of cosmic unity, strong ego softening, language interpretation is heavily affected, metaphorical thinking is stimulated, it feels like I'm connecting with an ineffable reality reachable only through mind and spirit.

With ETH I feel far more grounded. Ego doesn't feel so affected. Metaphor interpretation/creation actually also feel turned up but language doesn't seem as affected. I don't found myself thinking as much about this cosmic universal order but a lot more about my internal world, my emotions, my relationships. And that description for me also applies to phenethylamines, although of course ETH still has that lysergamide taste. Mostly in the body feel and in the way visuals manifest, although they have been reproducibly unique when compared to other psychedelics. Also something about "the atmosphere" or general "feel" it induces in me but that is so hard to talk about haha.

But it reminds me a lot of phenethylamines in the way the trips have a really personal and emotional component, for me at least. There's too much of me present. Also thinking feels a little bit more coherent compared to the level of sensual psychedelia. The other lysergamides make me a little bit more confused. Phenethylamines are clearheaded like that too, for me. This is probably something very individual, but in four of the five times I've taken ETH-LAD an important part of the trip is spent thinking about love, and the power dynamics present in nature and society. Not sure why so specific, but it has been consistently like that.

Ah, a lot more experience than I have then! I've used LSD a pretty decent number of times but have only taken ETH-LAD and AL-LAD once so far, at 100 and 300 mcg, respectively. I must say that I'm particularly jealous you got to use LSZ, I missed my opportunity on that one....

That makes perfect sense about the comparison to phenethylamines, and thanks so much for sharing it. :) That more grounded feeling different from the more typical indole psychedelic experience is actually something I've noticed in a good handful of these synthetics myself, and it sort of seems to me to be especially common with any of them that contain an N-ethyl group, both tryptamine and lysergamide alike. That's exactly the case with what's going on with EPT with me, for instance, which I find to be the most grounded and gentle of all of them by far, as I said basically like psychedelic candy. Notably, EPT is also arguably the most similar structurally of all these molecules to ETH-LAD currently available....

2w6s2gw.jpg

Honestly, in comparison to EPT, even that 100 mcg dose of ETH-LAD already felt "more disorienting" to me, but that's just because EPT is simply the elixir of life that our bodies were designed to breath. In comparison to anything else, for that level of hallucinogenic and dissociative effect present, that ETH-LAD trip was already definitely incredibly grounded.... In fact, now that I'm thinking about it, perhaps I was merely misinterpreting how hard I had really tripped on it because I was looking for more an intense indole headspace and mania at the time; I did actually get some pretty impressive closed eye visuals, not completely opaque but highly visionary and some of the most complex I've ever seen and a nice cognitive and euphoric boost following the peak similarly to EPT, but I was also somewhat distracted by the body load. Perhaps if I revisit it now even at that dose I'll find it much more satisfying, as I am also starting to gravitate a lot more towards these grounded trips now myself.... I definitely still would like to push even further with it too though, I'm quite eager to see just how intense it can really get, and I do wonder what the headspace will be like at that time, since there was just a very slight feeling of like cognitive fatigue or brain fog or something at that 100 mcg, nothing like the mindfuck of other psychedelics but that's why I describe it as more disorienting than EPT so far.

I will say though, interestingly, for me 4-HO-DET can actually be quite disorienting alike psilocin or other strong 4-substituted tryptamines, and yet even it still falls in line with the other ethyls as is very grounded and personal to me. When the world is being torn to shreds around me and I'm getting lost in a visionary world I'm still generally just thinking about the modern world and how I feel about things or even just going about my day as usual to see the strong psychedelic effect applied to more ordinary consciousness. Likewise, 4-HO-EPT for me produces a fairly LSD-like head trip at a high enough dose, and goes through the full mental reboot and satisfaction sort of feelings, and yet somehow does not cause me to come disoriented to time and space or anything like that except just a little at the very highest dose I've taken, and even then the entire experience was very calm and collected despite feeling so dissociated. And 4-HO-MET somehow remains almost completely grounded for me and focused on my life instead of cosmic stuff even at huge doses producing deliriant-style hallucinations despite being quite euphoric and stimulating, and MET was basically like DMT except without the NDE trip and just a sexy hedonistic display with a sexy body high instead, and 5-substituted tryptamines seem pretty grounded anyway but 5-MeO-EiPT definitely felt like an even more grounded and personal trip than 5-MeO-MiPT....

I really don't know what it is, or if it's just coincidence or not, but the ethyl indoles definitely do seem to be consistently pretty grounded for me compared to many other indoles, and for some time I have suspected that they are largely phenethylamine-like in this way too, but I don't honestly have much experience with phenethylamines to compare them to yet. So, it actually makes me quite happy to see you describe ETH-LAD this way too, and definitely makes me a whole lot more pumped to explore more phenethylamines as well since I really am coming to love this more grounded type of trip myself as of late. :)

I guess preferences have a lot to do with what you want to use psychedelics for. What I like about ETH-LAD is that its more grounded character has resulted in far more therapeutic trips for me, with so much personal insights, and has given me new questions for myself about the things I surround myself with. Its not as alien and edgy as LSD, its not as euphoric as AL-LAD, but it feels overall really positive to me, I always feel reassured after my ETH-LAD trips. I have to say that actually the one that has pushed me farther has been AL-LAD, even though it is regarded as the "light hearted" lysergamide. I took 300 ug and was blasted into fractal land. Almost complete ego dissolution, closed my eyes and watched all of evolution ocurr in a minutes behind my eyelids. Had visions of my own death in the desert. Then died again, also thirsty and under the sun, but this time in a lost ship in the middle of the ocean. Then opened my eyes utterly confused about what was going on. Had insane OEV and CEV. I has been one of my most intense trips, but I feel that ETH-LAD has been more "useful", and I like how warm and emotional it feels. During that AL-LAD trip for example, there was not much left of me to gain any insights. On the other hand I feel that if I were to took 200 ug of ETH-LAD it would be as strong as that, if not stronger. But I haven't pushed it much as 100 ug already satisfies me.

Totally, individual preferences can vary drastically with psychedelics, though also one of my favorite things about them is that they can all play their own roles just as perfectly all for one person just in different contexts, a trip for any situation. :) Yeah, I'm definitely falling in love with the grounded trips for similar reasons as you mention, though I can totally still love the alien and edgy or super euphoric trips and all that, it really just depends on what mood I'm in, but I love 'em all really....

Your experience with 300 mcg of AL-LAD sounds a whole lot like my own, though even more intense. Despite the fact that it felt very, very much less mental than LSD for me, it was certainly not just some totally clearheaded easygoing trip, it was a full blown hallucinogenic experience that felt like it the full capacity to twist me up and leave me spiraling out of the madness for hours just like any strong LSD trip. Notably, this is also considering that the hallucinations were only a bit more intense than my ETH-LAD experience, which again was far more clearheaded, further shifting my perspective on what exactly ETH-LAD is and does.... I will say though that I actually do find ETH-LAD and AL-LAD to overall feel far more like one another than like LSD though, in terms of the visual overload, emotional headspace, and so on, I just definitely do also find AL-LAD to produce a heavier head trip alike LSD for the same level of intensity. Given that AL-LAD can be compared to DALT or maybe PALT in the same way that ETH-LAD is to EPT, and that either DALT or PALT are extremely close analogues of DPT, and the obvious power of DPT, and the fact that EPT has been said a number of times to somewhat resemble DPT but have the easier and grounded headspace, I think it only makes sense that it would turn out that way though....

So that said, I must also note that I'm apparently pretty sensitive to Lysergamides. 25 mg of 4-AcO-DMT are a manageable trip for me. But 150 ug of 1P-LSD are approaching aphasic territory for me. 100 ug of ETH-LAD are already a strong trip. 150 ug AL-LAD were underwhelming to me, but then when I jumped to 300 ug it destroyed me. Same when mixing 150 ug AL-LAD with 100 ug 1P-LSD: Resulted in the most visual trip of my life. So that's that.

Noted, thanks. :) You do seem pretty sensitive to them, but maybe not hugely more than I am based on those results. I really want to push a little further now with both of those molecules though, maybe like 200 mcg of ETH-LAD and 450 mcg of AL-LAD....

Sorry if this was too detailed of an answer to you question xD. Talking about this kind of stuff is so difficult that I need to use too many words and got carried away remembering my trips haha.

It was an excellent answer, thanks much for it. :)

Right after we were discussing cleaning out the ol' sinuses after snorting drugs, I saw an ad for this "Naväge Nose Cleaner" - either cosmic synchrony or google is getting really good at ad placement. It looks so creepy especially in this uncanny valley animation:

But I bet it's the bomb for the post DPT/5-MeO-DMT etc snorting cleanse.

Wow, that video is amazing. X) It does look pretty effective too, haha.

So I've had more than enough instances to get a grasp of the language haha.

I think that when you come at a language as your second language, you have an interesting opportunity to master the language in a way that a native speaker might not, because you have to understand it from a more theoretical perspective. You end up using the language in maybe more creative ways and using different vocabulary. For example a common word in Spanish might not be so common in English, so when you use the English equivalent of this Spanish word, it comes off as very original or fresh.

When I was in better practice with portuguese, sometimes people would remark that I was using some very "good" vocabulary, but it was really just me bringing in vocabulary from other languages, mainly English, and using the portuguese equivalent.

2w6s2gw.jpg

That's really cool. I super want to try EPT, but it'll be a while. I'd love to test it out.

Also tempting to imagine the tricyclic tryptamine version of EPT, one step closer to the lysergamide side.

I agree with the sentiment that ETH-LAD feels like a phenethylamine. It's not really stimulating and manic like LSD or AL-LAD. A lot of psychedelics give me a feeling that there is a lot going on around me, but ETH-LAD is chilled out like mescaline. I see a lot of people talk about how crazy it can get, but I still haven't taken more than 150ug, which feels pretty tame, yet extremely visual. At some point I'll try 225ug.

That nose cleaner does seem like a useful thing to have. Tryptamines can really clog up your nose. I recently attempted to finally get some strong effects from 4-HO-DPT and snorted 50mg. I didn't understand why it felt the same as when I did 25mg, until the next morning when I blew my nose and quite a bit of 4-HO-DPT came out.

Kaleida, as much as I like reading about your descriptions and comparisons of different drugs, I'm skeptical of your theory about the lysergamides having parallels with their tryptamine counterparts. I haven't really noticed a connection between MPT and LSD or EPT and ETH-LAD, and the descriptions of PRO-LAD I've read certainly don't sound anything like DPT. I don't think science supports that theory either. I kind of think you're trying too hard to find patterns. It would be a really interesting experiment to give a variety of psychedelics to someone with no knowledge or experience and have them try to categorize them.

I find ETH-LAD chill like mescaline too, it reminded me of mescaline a lot when I took it the first time (which was my highest dose, 300ug). It was intense in a way but I felt utterly in control of myself. The visuals were out of control, but I felt very serene and comfortable.

I finally got aound to trying 4 aco dpt at 50mg sniffed. I actually did it twice, about a week apart. I really dont remember shit though, I think I was using too much O PCE. I looked at some notes I wrote, and that seemed to bring back more memories. I think I pretty much blacked out both times lying in bed...

I remember it being kinda like... DPT light. Same type of character and feel, just not as intense as 50mg DPT plugged would be. I think I actually dosed 20mg 2c-d the second time, Id have too look and check.

DPT and 4 aco dpt w/ 2c-c/d for next time sounds good. I have stopped tripping so much. I dont really feel the pull, and been kinda depressed for... Forever?

Neti pot before/after insulfating anything is what I usually do. Helps a lot.

That's really cool. I super want to try EPT, but it'll be a while. I'd love to test it out.

Also tempting to imagine the tricyclic tryptamine version of EPT, one step closer to the lysergamide side.

Definitely recommend it when you get the chance. :) It's certainly very quickly becoming one of my favorites, though I'm still very early on in experimentation with it and there's no telling what'll happen.

The tricyclic version definitely would be interesting to see too, though I'm not aware of too many amazing results with that group of indoles yet.... Has anything good been said of RU-28306 or NDTDI yet?

I agree with the sentiment that ETH-LAD feels like a phenethylamine. It's not really stimulating and manic like LSD or AL-LAD. A lot of psychedelics give me a feeling that there is a lot going on around me, but ETH-LAD is chilled out like mescaline. I see a lot of people talk about how crazy it can get, but I still haven't taken more than 150ug, which feels pretty tame, yet extremely visual. At some point I'll try 225ug.

Good to see more support for this, it definitely makes me a lot more excited to try it. :) Though yeah, I have heard of some pretty intense stuff with higher doses, but it seems like even then people often describe it as somehow still pretty clearheaded for what it is....

Kaleida, as much as I like reading about your descriptions and comparisons of different drugs, I'm skeptical of your theory about the lysergamides having parallels with their tryptamine counterparts. I haven't really noticed a connection between MPT and LSD or EPT and ETH-LAD, and the descriptions of PRO-LAD I've read certainly don't sound anything like DPT. I don't think science supports that theory either. I kind of think you're trying too hard to find patterns. It would be a really interesting experiment to give a variety of psychedelics to someone with no knowledge or experience and have them try to categorize them.

Well, I certainly can't speak for your experiences, but I do definitely do notice very significant similarities between MPT and LSD as well as 4-HO-MPT and between EPT, ETH-LAD, and 4-HO-EPT myself, things that are consistently repeatable and which I was not expecting before first going into the experiences. For one, LSD for me is basically the most mentally disorienting psychedelic, 4-HO-MPT basically my most mentally disorienting of the 4-substituted tryptamines, and MPT is my most mentally disorienting of the base tryptamines, whereas ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT for me are each basically the least mentally disorienting of their respective categories. Second, likewise, LSD, 4-HO-MPT, and MPT for me all have the typical psychedelic comeup anxiety, whereas aside from very high doses of 4-HO-EPT it, ETH-LAD, and EPT were all far smoother than most of other indoles for me, basically just like gently coming up into tripping territory. Third, also to go along with that, LSD, 4-HO-MPT, and MPT all have a lot of manic stimulation for me throughout, so much so that I've compared them to stimulants regularly and MPT even raises my heart rate which is unusual for me with psychedelics, but ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT for me all had noticeably dominant sedative body feelings that I regularly compare to narcotics, and is particularly noticeable at the beginning as a heavy body feeling is typically what replaces that usual comeup energy. Fourth, in addition to this I actually also find ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT to have somewhat of a delayed comeup compared to LSD, 4-HO-MPT, and MPT, every one of them I noted my first time took longer to come up than usual for this class whereas the methyls were always quicker and more typical. Fifth, LSD, 4-HO-MPT, and MPT consistently so far have produced for me human visionary imagery that contains a small number of inhabitants, like hallucinating a few people in the room with me or walking around me on LSD or a few characters running through a closed eye visionary scene on 4-HO-MPT or MPT, whereas ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT all produce human visionary imagery that for me is completely packed to the brim with characters like a giant stadium, such as a massive, waving ocean extending far back into the horizon completely filled with cosmic ravers on ETH-LAD, the largest spinning flower mandala pattern I have ever seen with thousands of petals each comprised of a moaning face on 4-HO-EPT, or less intense than those but still quite detailed cascading images of erotic entities reaching out to me or stretching their arms out and heads back circling large 3D patterns on EPT. However, sixth, all of these amazing ethyl visions happened with eyes closed, and despite having this extra intense closed eye visual power for me, ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT all very notable have less prevalent and grayer or more smokey open eye visual effects for that same level of intensity than LSD, 4-HO-MPT, and MPT, which all put a lot of focus on that classical neon rainbow patterns and distortions style even at regular doses. Finally, seventh, I also so far have the feeling that ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT all last slightly shorter than LSD, 4-HO-MPT, on MPT on average.

This is not to say that there aren't meaningful differences as well. For instance, despite being so clearheaded in its headspace overall, when it is brought out strongly I actually find 4-HO-EPT to be the most selectively mental psychedelic I've ever taken, because even though its visuals are so complex they're really weak in any non-meditative setting and practically never develop above the transparent smokey stuff for me with eyes open, so it basically feels like just a clearheaded mental trip overall, whereas EPT of course as I was saying before I find to be the gentlest of all psychedelics on the mind and completely grounded and lucid while producing super powerful hallucinations and ETH-LAD is pretty close to it in my one experience so far, so that basically puts these molecules on completely opposite ends of the scale in their final presentation no matter how many similarities they have. And I do also find that despite EPT and ETH-LAD both being incredibly powerful hallucinogens and much more prominent than 4-HO-EPT by dose, EPT seems to use a lot more of the typical mushroom or DMT style effects than ETH-LAD does which tends to borrow a lot more from the LSD-like or sort of dissociative realm for me, so the ultimate hallucinogenic effect of these psychedelics still comes off as quite unique for me regardless of the number of overlaps, and at least to me this difference can be far more important to defining a psychedelic experience overall than things such as the ratios of stimulation to sedation or how long it takes to come up, and they'll also each combine with those properties in unique ways. On the other hand, within the methyls LSD and 4-HO-MPT are both similarly mental for me but LSD slightly more so so the interrelationships aren't even quite the same as the ethyls, but nonetheless all of the methyls manage to be super visual for me at high but still regular doses, and they actually do have many superficial similarities for me as well such as tendency to skew towards the blue, purple, pink, and white end of the psychedelic spectrum and yet still throw in things like reds as part of bold geometric patterns, humanoid visuals made of 3D wireframe designs, but overall the style of the trip I would say aside from feeling superficially alike LSD for me with MPT felt a lot more like psilocin and 4-HO-MPT was more comparable to 4-HO-MET. So, the point is, it's not that I don't think that these molecules are quite unique and non-interchangeable overall, I just do also think there are quite significant similarities between them as well, too many for myself to ignore, and I have spoken to at least a few other people who have agreed with some of my observations.... I've seen enough to make me believe that it's a worthwhile theory anyway.

Well, my first question would have to be: do you have some science to show me which is explicitly against it? I have had these ideas in mind for quite some time now and have done a lot of research related to them, and personally I do believe that there is a good amount of scientific evidence to support a possible link between the pharmacology of these molecules. One idea that I personally think could be particularly relevant relates to 5-HT1A receptor structure-activity relationships.... It's build around the same concept that goes into the workings of 8-OH-DPAT, the aminotetralin with well known 5-HT1A agonist activity used in a lot of scientific studies.

8-oh-dpat-8-hydroxy-dpat-chemical-structure-S8447.gif

As you can see, the receptor can handle the molecule being extended out in such a way that moves it one step closer to the tryptamines and makes it more analogous to lysergamides as well, as another well known research 5-HT1A agonist is Bay R 1531.

BayR1531_structure.png

Notably, that one also methylates the hydroxy, which is significant because it turns it into a direct analogue of 5-MeO-DPT. That is important, because first of all as common drug sense tells us 5-methoxy tryptamines would probably be more likely to have 5-HT1A agonist activity and also it helps draw a direct comparison between the hydroxy of 8-OH-DPAT and that of serotonin, and second, I am actually also aware of data such as from the Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome receptor binding table which shows DPT as having particularly high 5-HT1A relative to 5-HT2A. Interestingly, while I unfortunately do not know the source of this information, I have also come across this binding data table, which while it must be treated cautiously given the unknown source, also shows that both ETH-LAD and AL-LAD have increased 5-HT1A receptor potency compared to LSD both just in general and even more significantly with respect to 5-HT2A, and there is also this study on some DALTs which suggests that these molecules like DPT and these lysergamides may have particularly high 5-HT1A activity relative to 5-HT2A, which personally caused me to wonder if AL-LAD and the DALTs shared this relationship via that N-allyl paired with the extra bulky lysergamide backbone as the other part of the tail by being analogous to DPT and 8-OH-DPAT, and if the relationship between AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, and LSD also might suggest that the step between methyl and ethyl could be a significant point at which a lot of 5-HT1A activity is added. While it's been a while since I did all this and it'd probably take me some time to drag up these studies again, that prompted me to do a lot of researching into the aminotetralins, and I found first of all that there are many analogues made in search of new scientific 5-HT1A agonists that show that you can extend one of the propyls of 8-OH-DPAT further like a lysergamide backbone would be and still retain the high affinity, and I was even able to find one study that showed that one of these bulky substitutions combined with the typical propyl or an ethyl had that high affinity but with a methyl had a significant reduction, so I felt that that was a good sign as far as that theory goes.

My thought is, if this relationship that applies to lysergamides also applies to aminotetralins and is connected to the activity of DPT, then theoretically it could also apply back to EPT and MPT and to their 4-substituted derivatives, in other words meaning that theoretically EPT and 4-HO-EPT could also have higher 5-HT1A activity relative to MPT and 4-HO-MPT just like ETH-LAD compared to LSD. Interestingly, the relationship between 5-HT1A and 5-HT2A receptors is known to be quite complex, and in some areas of the brain the two receptors are known to have a directly competitive relationship. It is said that 5-HT1A agonism can reduce some of the psychological and hallucinogenic effects of 5-HT2A agonism, and simply in itself 5-HT1A agonism is also known to have anxiolytic, analgesic, and antipsychotic effects. Personally, I think this could be an absolutely perfect explanation then for why ETH-LAD, 4-HO-EPT, and EPT for me all have reduced head trips, less intense open eyes visuals, no come up anxiety, more narcotic effects compared to the same level of stimulation, and perhaps also slower comeups maybe reflecting conflicting effects?, compared to LSD, 4-HO-MPT, and MPT. On the other hand, it's worth noting that 5-HT1A agonism can also enhance 5-HT2A in some ways, such as when it blocks GABA release on to some of the same pyramidal neurons that 5-HT2A receptors stimulate, and there is the question of the far more intense closed eye visuals for me.... About that, what I will say for now is that, while I haven't yet had the opportunity to try 5-MeO-DMT, I have some suspicion that this may relate to how its very high 5-HT1A agonism properties could give it more of that typical near-death experience feeling, and also why things like DPT are better known than many other psychedelics for becoming that intense and sort of more alike that overall in higher doses. The way that my closed eye visionary hallucinations work generally tends to follow the same sorts of themes that you see or hear about in various religious or spiritual settings, such as when it's said that "the hand of God reached out to me" to show them a vision or the thousand arms of Avalokitesvara reaching out to rescue you from samsara, and when pushed to that visionary point also tend to involve things like demon-style entities around skull-covered temples or naked humans with flaming wings and other such things that could be construed as religious-type imagery. On the other hand, 5-MeO-DMT being generally noted for lacking in significant visual effects and also being more heavily dissociating in style would also make it alike 4-HO-EPT for me, which again as I said is my most selectively mental psychedelic so far.

So, those are just my thoughts on that.... I do think there is both scientific and anecdotal evidence to support a relationship between them personally, though again I also still think they are all unique psychedelics ultimately just as any other nonetheless, so I'm really not surprised that some people may feel the similarities more strongly and others may not, as these things are simply that complex and variable. And it would be interesting to do that study, probably wouldn't be overly hard to find a volunteer lol.

And thanks for the compliment by the way, I'm glad that you enjoy my thoughts even if you disagree with some of them. :) I find your descriptions very insightful and entertaining as well.

I find ETH-LAD chill like mescaline too, it reminded me of mescaline a lot when I took it the first time (which was my highest dose, 300ug). It was intense in a way but I felt utterly in control of myself. The visuals were out of control, but I felt very serene and comfortable.

Awesome. :) Man, I really want to do ETH-LAD again now, and mescaline at all for that matter....

I finally got aound to trying 4 aco dpt at 50mg sniffed. I actually did it twice, about a week apart. I really dont remember shit though, I think I was using too much O PCE. I looked at some notes I wrote, and that seemed to bring back more memories. I think I pretty much blacked out both times lying in bed...

I remember it being kinda like... DPT light. Same type of character and feel, just not as intense as 50mg DPT plugged would be. I think I actually dosed 20mg 2c-d the second time, Id have too look and check.

DPT and 4 aco dpt w/ 2c-c/d for next time sounds good. I have stopped tripping so much. I dont really feel the pull, and been kinda depressed for... Forever?

Neti pot before/after insulfating anything is what I usually do. Helps a lot.

Thanks for the notes on the 4-AcO-DPT. :) I'm curious, when you say DPT light, do you mean that it was lighter in every way, or was it like specifically less intense feeling of a mental trip but similarly hallucinogenic, or anything like that?

Sorry you've been feeling depressed, but I hope it doesn't last too much longer. <3

Last edited:
Ah, Kaleida ! I think I agree in that sometimes your conclusions are not very conservative, but I love reading your avant-garde SAR studies. Took me some convincing, but you've been adding and adding points in you theory and I think you are into something. It all sounds very coherent.

That's the word ! It's pretty serene indeed. Close in that way to mescaline; agreed !

Hey man, how you doing ? What you've been up to?

When I was in better practice with portuguese, sometimes people would remark that I was using some very "good" vocabulary, but it was really just me bringing in vocabulary from other languages, mainly English, and using the portuguese equivalent.
Yeah, I know what you mean with that :p. Sometimes we relate words by their etymology, but it turns out that the most common etymology for a concept in our native language has its homolog in a rather obscure word in another language.

Kaleida have you thought about compiling a tryptamines-themed book with your findings, theories, thoughts etc? I mean, your post above is a chapter in itself lol! It might help in the process of refining and evolving your conclusions.

Yeah, I agree ! You've done a whole lot of data mining, if you take it seriously at all - which seems like you do - maybe you should put it out there somewhere !

I saw this topic discussed somewhere once before and somebody said that theory doesn't work because tryptamines and lysergamides don't bind to receptors in the same orientation. I don't have a scientific source on that so I admit I can't say for certain whether it's true. You do have some good points, but I'm still not completely convinced. There is just such a huge difference in the trypamine and lysergamide structures. People have tried RU-28306 and NDTDI found them to be garbage and not like tryptamine-lysergamide hybrids. Perhaps the biggest thing going against the theory is that the tryptamine structures aren't constrained. In your pictures comparing MPT to LSD or EPT to ETH-LAD, their structures coincide so closely because you choose draw them in one specific configuration.

Status
Not open for further replies.