• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just mean, if you happened to have any bitcoin in your wallet, it's more than tripled in value since July... it's not even very long.

Not sure if you're replying to me with the "I just mean" ... I was just referencing the cryptocurrency nerd meme
NSFW:
DHB2kp_XcAAvZ81.jpg

I'm gonna start learning to day trade bitcoin and/or ethereum when I get my tax return, I've got a great mentor and it would fit into my lifestyle extremely well. It's fairly low risk if you do it conservatively and set sell limits so you don't get screwed, and go right back into USD every time you sell. Given a year I could make that tax return get way bigger. If cryptocurrency stays like it is and doesn't collapse entirely, over even longer it could work out very well for me.

Daytrading seems so stressful to me. I don't think I could do it. For me it's: try figure out what's going on, buy, and hold and try not to pay too much attention.

Pretty cool how accessible day trading in cryptos is, especially if you live in the USA, or probably other populous countries in Asia like S.Korea, China, Japan. You can just sign up on these exchanges and you're in the game. I'd have no idea how to do that with stocks.

I've been mining Bitcoin and ETH for a few years and even that is very profitable in the long run. Haven't day traded yet. I just mine it and sock it away in a hardware wallet, offline. I own the public and private key so my coins can't get "stuck" on an exchange like Mount GOX.

I spend just enough to get some supplies once in a while.

Maybe you should keep a spreadsheet and day trade "on a dry run" until your tax return arrives so you can practice those skills even before putting your money down.

Couldn't hurt ;)

True that. :)

Daytrading seems so stressful to me. I don't think I could do it. For me it's: try figure out what's going on, buy, and hold and try not to pay too much attention.

Pretty cool how accessible day trading in cryptos is, especially if you live in the USA, or probably other populous countries in Asia like S.Korea, China, Japan. You can just sign up on these exchanges and you're in the game. I'd have no idea how to do that with stocks.

Yeah, my friend who is my mentor in this thing is really good at it, and after a while he looked into stocks, but he said in the US your portfolio needs to be at least $25,000 to even be allowed to start day trading. Nice thing is with crypto, you could do it with one cent if you want.

I woke up earlier than normal this morning and couldn't fall back asleep, and for some reason decided the thing I needed was some DPT up my nose. I ended up taking 70mg. 8( Reality was blasted into millions of rainbow colored pieces. DPT makes pretty much any other psychedelic seem like a joke in comparison. If DPT is a 10/10 as far as intensity, the other tryptamines like MET and MPT are maybe a 2/10. When I think about what I just went through, I can't help but laugh at the fact I survived it.

What a way to start the day!

How do you rank DMT and 5-MeO-DMT on your intensity scale (if you've tried them)?

Wouldn't MET and MPT get to a 10 if you took enough, or do you think they just max out at some point?

I woke up earlier than normal this morning and couldn't fall back asleep, and for some reason decided the thing I needed was some DPT up my nose. I ended up taking 70mg. 8( Reality was blasted into millions of rainbow colored pieces. DPT makes pretty much any other psychedelic seem like a joke in comparison. If DPT is a 10/10 as far as intensity, the other tryptamines like MET and MPT are maybe a 2/10. When I think about what I just went through, I can't help but laugh at the fact I survived it.
Good Lord! You are a true fearless flyer! 70mg is higher than I have taken it. Congratulations on following your intuition and having a good flight. I want to get back in touch with DPT again soon as it has been probably a year and a half since the opportunity.

DPT is one I wanna get sometime for sure. When Bitcoin hits 10000 I'll place my next buy with my free money :D

I actually have no experience with base triptamines. I tried DMT a couple of times, but wasted all of what I got getting my vaping technique right, I wasn't able to breakthrough. I acquired some a while ago but haven't got the occasion. Does anyone know how stable the stuff is ? It was extracted around april, I've kept it in the fridge. If I still can't breakthrough this time I'll be bummed :/

I also have 5-MeO-DMT which I haven't tried yet.

What a way to start the day!

How do you rank DMT and 5-MeO-DMT on your intensity scale (if you've tried them)?

I have tried both multiple times, but I never took enough to break through. I smoked 5-MeO-DMT two or three times and it was very dysphoric. I'd like to break through on DMT but haven't done it mainly because it's so harsh to smoke. I normally don't like the idea of shooting up drugs, but if I had access to really pure DMT I'd like to IV it.

Wouldn't MET and MPT get to a 10 if you took enough, or do you think they just max out at some point?

That's a good question. I sometimes wonder what makes one psychedelic "stronger" than another when the intensity of the trip depends on what dose you take. I'm usually pretty moderate with my dosages so I'm not sure what happens when you take a huge dose of the "lighter" psychedelics. In the case of MPT, it wouldn't surprise me if you could break through like DMT or DPT but you would need a really high dose to do it. I smoked 50mg once, over the course of an hour, and I was nowhere close to losing touch with reality.

Sounds intense! And I'm glad you did survive it lol. Makes me a bit more apprehensive about my plan to maybe do DPT for the first time tomorrow.... Do you have any experience smoking it? I was thinking about going with 50 mg.

Personally, they're already there for me. I will preface this by saying that I grow increasingly suspicious that I may be somewhat sensitive to the effects of base tryptamines by weight, but I have so far found MET, MPT, and EPT to all be entirely within the same realm as DMT, and above basically everything else, and have no doubt that I will be able to get a complete breakthrough experience on them and intend to ASAP. However, I haven't tried DPT yet... so I really can't compare yet, but I do honestly doubt that it's going to be quite as big a difference as that rating suggested. Wouldn't mind being proven wrong, though....

I actually have no experience with base triptamines. I tried DMT a couple of times, but wasted all of what I got getting my vaping technique right, I wasn't able to breakthrough. I acquired some a while ago but haven't got the occasion. Does anyone know how stable the stuff is ? It was extracted around april, I've kept it in the fridge. If I still can't breakthrough this time I'll be bummed :/

If you've kept it in the fridge I imagine it's still good. I can't really speak from personal experience with that storage, but the other base tryptamines seem pretty stable.

I'm sure you'll get the full experience with enough practice, once you get the technique down it's pretty easy to get a good dose. :)

Sounds intense! And I'm glad you did survive it lol. Makes me a bit more apprehensive about my plan to maybe do DPT for the first time tomorrow.... Do you have any experience smoking it? I was thinking about going with 50 mg.

I sometimes smoke it but never a dose that large. When I first started experimenting with DPT, I liked smoking it because it doesn't last too long so it isn't as much of a commitment. The first two times I broke through, I smoked a little, then when I liked where the trip was headed I started snorting it too. Now I'm more comfortable with DPT and prefer to just snort it.

If you have the HCl, converting it to freebase is worth the trouble. 50 mg smoked is probably going to be an insanely strong dose. I would recommend smoking a little at a time instead of trying to take one big hit.

Awesome, thanks for the perspective and advice. :)

When it comes to snorting it, honestly I'm a little worried because my little experience snorting tryptamines in the past leads me to believe that it may be incredibly painful and slow to recover in that way, which really doesn't sound fun during a trip so intense.... So far, with the exception of MiPT and DiPT which I took orally, I have been smoking all of my base tryptamines so far, laced into a bowl of some herb, which works pretty well for me though I'm also wanting to get something like the machine and really vaporize them some time soon. The shorter duration is also something I really enjoy about them, very manageable while also still a good deal more satisfying in length than smoked DMT, and I also enjoy the particular intensity that comes with having the trips kick in so fast at the beginning.

I've never actually freebased anything before, but I've definitely been wanting to start for the other base tryptamines too, going along with the desire to vape properly and just make the experiences more clean and efficient all around, so this'll probably help push me into that. I'm thinking I may still smoke my HCl once in my bed of herb and all just for comparison though, especially because I'm too lazy to get baking soda by tomorrow morning, though I may also just put it off after all for a better time and do something else.... I definitely want to make the most of it and I may have a slight tolerance anyway from having smoked a base tryptamine every few days for the last week and a half.

What exactly constitutes an "insanely strong" dose? What would you consider a standard breakthrough dose when smoking it? I don't necessarily need to reach the bottom of the rabbit hole my first time around but I do like going somewhat deep my first time for a good show.... I'm surprised that DPT could really be that potent when smoked too compared to the other base tryptamines if that's the case, sounds totally different from the case with 4-HO-DPT and the other 4-subs. But I suppose a similar thing is true with EPT and 4-HO-EPT at least hallucinogenically....

When I say "insanely strong" I mean that it might somehow be even stronger than the trip I had today, which already was unbelievably intense and reality-shattering. During a strong DPT trip, you don't know who you are or where you are or what anything is, words don't make sense, time doesn't make sense, you are barraged with all kinds of bizarre images and sounds, random images and ideas are amalgamated together into fractal patterns, at times all of reality becomes condensed into a buzzing sound or an echoing metallic sound. It's indescribable really.

The unsubstituted tryptamines don't follow the same pattern of potency as the 4-HOs. DPT does seem to be stronger than an equal dose of MET, MPT or EPT, for me at least. Around 50 mg nasally is where I start losing touch with reality, and vaporizing it will give you a stronger trip from a smaller amount. Based on my experiences, I would guess that it would take 30, maybe 40 mg of DPT smoked for me to be completely obliterated. I don't think there's a standard breakthrough dose. From what I've read, some people need much higher doses than others. I do tend to be more sensitive to psychedelics than most people. The Erowid dose chart says that 50-100mg is a strong smoked dose, and 20-50mg is a "common" dose, whatever that means.

If you decide to experiment with snorting DPT, I think you'll find that's it's really not that bad. I tried snorting DMT and MET fumarate and they both burned really badly. DPT HCl hurts a little, but not nearly as much.

IME with snorting tryptamines, when you get to the comedown stage, it's nice to mix a little warm salty water and kind of rinse your sinuses with it by lightly snorting it and blowing it out again, to rinse any residual drugs out, and clean out the works. Highly recommended. I guess like a netti pot, but more ghetto. A netti pot is probably a better tool for the job, but I haven't tried that.

cj187 your description of your insanely strong dpt trip today sounds immense, maybe one notch away from blackout. The most I ever took was a 60mg dose of the old impure red/brown batch, and it was a step or two lower than that in intensity for sure. I was out of this world but still had a sense of self and time was a dilated but real concept. The turf you describe here reminds me of something I experienced on a too-high ETH-LAD dose, but hard to know how they actually compare.

Thanks for the tip, it'll come in handy next time. I think I was close to the point of blacking out during my trip today. I definitely wouldn't ever want to take a higher dose. 60mg will be my maximum dosage in the future. How big was your too-high dose of ETH-LAD?

When I say "insanely strong" I mean that it might somehow be even stronger than the trip I had today, which already was unbelievably intense and reality-shattering. During a strong DPT trip, you don't know who you are or where you are or what anything is, words don't make sense, time doesn't make sense, you are barraged with all kinds of bizarre images and sounds, random images and ideas are amalgamated together into fractal patterns, at times all of reality becomes condensed into a buzzing sound or an echoing metallic sound. It's indescribable really.

Man, I gotta say, that description really just made me want to do it even more, haha. I have decided as a result of it though to delay my DPT trip for a better time, as I don't really need something that intense at the moment, so spontaneously and also when I'm not totally sure I'd be able to get the most out of it. I will probably visit in a week or two.... I have to say I'm really tempted to start with 50 mg too after this, but I'll probably lower it at least a bit lol.

Thanks for the input. :)

The unsubstituted tryptamines don't follow the same pattern of potency as the 4-HOs. DPT does seem to be stronger than an equal dose of MET, MPT or EPT, for me at least. Around 50 mg nasally is where I start losing touch with reality, and vaporizing it will give you a stronger trip from a smaller amount. Based on my experiences, I would guess that it would take 30, maybe 40 mg of DPT smoked for me to be completely obliterated. I don't think there's a standard breakthrough dose. From what I've read, some people need much higher doses than others. I do tend to be more sensitive to psychedelics than most people. The Erowid dose chart says that 50-100mg is a strong smoked dose, and 20-50mg is a "common" dose, whatever that means.

If you decide to experiment with snorting DPT, I think you'll find that's it's really not that bad. I tried snorting DMT and MET fumarate and they both burned really badly. DPT HCl hurts a little, but not nearly as much.

That's fascinating about the dosage differences, just goes to show unique every single one of these molecules truly is.... Thanks for the dosage advice. :) I'll probably start with 35-40 mg.... I really don't mind tripping super hard and I also want to make sure my supply goes as far as possible, I have less of it than most other base tryptamines.

I'll think about snorting it at some point, but probably only I'm more familiar with it so that I know what I'm potentially in for lol.

IME with snorting tryptamines, when you get to the comedown stage, it's nice to mix a little warm salty water and kind of rinse your sinuses with it by lightly snorting it and blowing it out again, to rinse any residual drugs out, and clean out the works. Highly recommended. I guess like a netti pot, but more ghetto. A netti pot is probably a better tool for the job, but I haven't tried that.

Thanks for the advice, though is there a reason you'd do it in the comedown specifically? It seems to me that I'd want to fix any sort of discomforts specifically before the trip rather than after. Or is it just too quick and immobilizing?

cj187 your description of your insanely strong dpt trip today sounds immense, maybe one notch away from blackout. The most I ever took was a 60mg dose of the old impure red/brown batch, and it was a step or two lower than that in intensity for sure. I was out of this world but still had a sense of self and time was a dilated but real concept. The turf you describe here reminds me of something I experienced on a too-high ETH-LAD dose, but hard to know how they actually compare.

I remember that ETH-LAD trip. The fact that this reminds you of that also makes me want to do it even more. :D ETH-LAD is also one I really need to push deeper with for that matter, that one is too intriguing to ignore for too long....

Side question: Has anyone here taken 5-MeO-DALT at a level that produced significant hallucinogenic effects? I am... curious about how exactly they would manifest.

Status
Not open for further replies.