• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Talk Thread: Swirly Congregation That's 100% Pandemic-Proof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sup pharmakos, how's the cancer? <3

My new keto diet and immunotherapy have me feeling healthier than I have in a long time, but I'm starting to wonder if my cancer will ever go away fully. It has shrunk and seems less active but has been lingering for a long time.

good to hear that your cancer therapy is going relatively well at the moment, tnw :)

still 30?c here, in the middle of fucking september. I'm over the summer ffs ;)

good to hear that your cancer therapy is going relatively well at the moment, tnw :)

still 30?c here, in the middle of fucking september. I'm over the summer ffs ;)
30 degrees C, what is that in Freedom Units? This isn't some 3rd world message board, jeez

30C = 86F. I hate that we don't all use the same one, as usual we use some stupid British unit that the british don't use anymore, that makes no sense and has weird values... like in C, 0 is freezing, makes sense. In F, it's 32. The conversion between them is really difficult to do in your head (it's like, multiply by 8/5 and add 32? I think?). So annoying.

But "Freedom Units", fucking LOL =D

The conversion is annoying literally either way but the empirical system makes very little sense and is much more arbitrary and less consistent and scientific than the metric system - why do you think druggies deal in grams lol ;)

Anyway this is pretty psychedelic, wanted to share this with you: https://youtu.be/VrgYtFhVGmg?t=1m50s

Hey shadowmeister i didn't know you were staff let alone like that :) good going man!

how are you guys doing? things are pretty cool here

Last edited:
I'm not new around here actually, just trying out a new persona granted to me by the winning of an epic contest. ;)

Stuff is good, fairly quiet, new admins, ali stepped down because it got to be too much for him again, just got a new crop of senior mods including myself. We're doing another forum prune (I'm sure you remember the last one with "fondness"), and some members have been helping tremendously. :) I've been cleaning up the Index and adding links that never got added for some newer, obscure substances. fixing a lot a .ru broken links. Bumping a LOT of threads.

Oh, llama died. :(

What have you been up to?

I started a fake LLAMA rant and it just seemed like it would end up comming off mean. I should just copy and paste one of his old ones. Or splice like 5 together.

Well, I can't get milk, eggs, bread, or bottled water because all the local idiots are buying into the weather hype again. Wish I had a spare $300 I'd be headed for the coast. I'm sure the same idiots will clear out the store in a few months for the 1 inch snow storm we'll get like they do every year.

I don't understand people. We get rain and snow every year and they always buy into the hype and spend all the money on food and water. I miss Florida because the people down there knew the only thing worth buying for a hurricane were enough drugs and alcohol for the party we were going to throw.

I loved the last hurricane we had. None of our belongings were damaged and I just took opioids/smoked weed for a week straight playing video games in air conditioned comfort (save one day when the power went out >.>)

Girlfriend got stir crazy tho. I'm at home with being stuck at home lol. Except the day we had no power. We were at each others throats hehe.

You have to keep a good supply of books and board games around for when the power goes out dude. That or get a hobby like HAM radio and a generator to power it while the internet is down. I enjoy prolonged power outages because it gets so peaceful and without all the artificial light it's easier to sleep at night. I feel like the odd ball though because I'm one of the folks that would actually enjoy life more if it never came back on.

I'm worried since I got some family in the potential path. Last year I had to evacuate and thought for sure it was going to be the one that wiped my town off the map. Lost some trees but they missed my house and my town was mostly ok.

I got 7 or 8 texts yesterday, some from people I hadn't heard from in years, saying stuff like "you're in my thoughts and prayers" and "are you going to evacuate??" I'm like, dude, I'm in the mountains, the worst we ever get here from hurricanes is a bunch of rain. We're supposed to get like 3-12 inches total over the weekend, and I live on the side of a mountain, my house will never flood. My entire side of town never floods. I live in one of the safest places in the country/maybe even world... no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no flooding, no volcanoes, no earthquakes beyond an occasional tiny tremor. Safe from sea level rise. All I gotta worry about is falling trees (admittedly, a concern).

But yeah, I wouldn't want to live on the Atlantic coast anymore... last year we had like 3 "storms of the century", and now here's another they're calling a "storm of a lifetime" at the beginning of the season the very next year.

I live in one of the safest places in the country/maybe even world... no tornadoes, no hurricanes, no flooding, no volcanoes, no earthquakes beyond an occasional tiny tremor. Safe from sea level rise. All I gotta worry about is falling trees (admittedly, a concern).

It gets a bit boring sometimes doesn't it? I'm further down path from the mountains than you are but those things break up any major storm that happens to come through. I always enjoy it when we get a weather pattern from the south because there is an actual chance it'll be an event instead of just boring rain. I've been in three tornados now, only one being a freak occurrence in this area (I'm sure you remember that one) and I'm always hyped for a storm. We're so safe here and I've never understood why the locals always freak out over the weather.

I want to dissociate and ride the hurricane

You and me both. Been wanting to ride one out on the coast my entire life. Thankfully I didn't commit to going down for this one. Looks like it's going to be a non-event. I want to take a 10-strip and ride out a cat 5. I love extreme storms. I was on the 10th story of a hotel during a direct hit for a tornado a decade ago. Got a lot of odd looks from everyone when the building started shaking. They were all standing there afraid for their lives and there I was laughing like a maniac because I was having the time of my life.

The locals freak out over the weather because they don't know any better. :) I remember when I lived in Winston-Salem, one time the whole 3 years there was snow that stuck, and it was about a quarter of an inch. It was pandemonium, the grocery store was selling out, no one was out AT ALL in their cars, businesses were all shut down, doom and gloom on the radio, etc. I had just moved from Chicago area where the school buses ran if there was less than 8 inches of snow on the road but usually they had it plowed by then no matter how much it snowed. I learned to drive regularly driving on 2 inches of packed snow. So I went to work that day and I was just about the only one in the office and everyone thought I was crazy for driving in *gasp* a quarter inch of snow that was already melted off the road!!

^Lol

I wish I experienced a hurricane or tornado. We don't get anything but a fuckload of snow. And darkness. The eternal darkness.

With Article 13 passing in the EU yesterday I had to listen to this song again: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJ4KLpBRa8w

Now I'm stuck going through my entire collection of nerd rap. :)

^Lol

I wish I experienced a hurricane or tornado. We don't get anything but a fuckload of snow. And darkness. The eternal darkness.

They're really fun man I hope you get the chance to experience a tornado up close one day. Just respect it, when it gets close it's time to book it for safety. My Dad and I stood on the balcony of the hotel until it took the roof off the building next to ours then we ran for the relative safety of the bathroom. Even though we were 10 stories up it still sucked the water out of the toilet and it was just a little F2. The other two I went through didn't come that close to where I was staying but they were still plenty powerful.

The locals freak out over the weather because they don't know any better. :) I remember when I lived in Winston-Salem, one time the whole 3 years there was snow that stuck, and it was about a quarter of an inch. It was pandemonium, the grocery store was selling out, no one was out AT ALL in their cars, businesses were all shut down, doom and gloom on the radio, etc. I had just moved from Chicago area where the school buses ran if there was less than 8 inches of snow on the road but usually they had it plowed by then no matter how much it snowed. I learned to drive regularly driving on 2 inches of packed snow. So I went to work that day and I was just about the only one in the office and everyone thought I was crazy for driving in *gasp* a quarter inch of snow that was already melted off the road!!

Haha! Welcome to NC where the place shuts down for a flurry. I love it when it snows here man the roads are all mine and I power slide everywhere I go! :D

Man, I grew up in Illinois, at the edge of Tornado Alley, and we had so many tornado warnings, I used to have to go hide in the basement several times a year... one of the most infamous and massive tornadoes in US history happened 30 minutes from my house growing up (and took down trees in my neighborhood - the actual funnel was over a mile wide), but I have never once seen a tornado in person. I used to be equally scared and fascinated by them as a kid. Still am, really. I feel robbed that I've never actually seen one.

Hurricanes are fun because of the sheer feudalistic/anarchistic nature of disasters. I remember we lost power for two weeks once when I was a kid. All of a sudden the only food anyone could eat was pre-cooked non-refrigerated stuff. The stores are all closed. Roads are often impassible for many days if not weeks. Really makes people act different.

Status
Not open for further replies.