• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social: Cross-dimensional chatter. Now featuring mesphereomeantoliopeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone <3 Indulged in a little MXE, dosed a couple of hours ago. I'm in awe of how this chemical changes it's presence every time I take it - this time it feels more like Ketamine than the opiate-like effect of previous experiences, though that may be due to the increased dose (25mg sublingual). It's still distinctively different in that I have enough cognitive function to write this post and write code for my game, versus Ketamine where this post would be something along the lines of "I feel goiodi kj tk lbout 150mg ketamejni" - but feels the same, rather hard to explain.

PS I only hit submit like an hour after I wrote this.

I was starting to think that was a strike against MXE (too much cognitive function) until I read the PS. I'm really eager to taste that one when/if my ever unchanging situation changes~

Xorkoth is doing well. I see him semi regularly. He no longer takes drugs except for ganja so BL is something he had to put behind him to get drugs off his mind. He asks me how things are going here though.

Send him my truest love. Xorky was one of the most interesting people I've been in contact with.

Hey SKL, Rog, Dondante and swirlow. See you all post in here makes it feel like an old school social meet up. Should all smoke some DMT for old times sake? I miss seeing you guys around and hope all is well in your lives

Yeah, the glory days :) <3 DMT fueled love fests... FWIW, my life is going well.

I realised last night that I've spent close to $11,000 in the last 6 weeks. Ridiculous really...

Maybe it's just because I've been unemployed and without income forever, but that seems ridiculous.

Man all this sobriety has lowered my alcohol tolerance, only like 4 glasses of wine and I'm feeling pretty decent, through pathetic begging I may get some money to get some real liquor tomorrow though, and I will get proper all night long.

Last edited:
Hey SKL, Rog, Dondante and swirlow. See you all post in here makes it feel like an old school social meet up. Should all smoke some DMT for old times sake? I miss seeing you guys around and hope all is well in your lives.

Thanks for the kind words...I chatted with Xor a couple months back, but tell him I said hello next time you see him.

Xorky was one of the most interesting people I've been in contact with.

I'll second that. I hope all PD socialites are doing well, past and present. There are a few from back in the day that I'd love to catch up with.

<3

Hi dondante, good to see you :)

And much love to Xorkoth, always. There was always a lot of recognition that made it special to have him here, but fortunately every now and then I still bump into people walking parallel paths. Weird how you miss someone without knowing them personally... but still intimately in another way. I always miss S_S from back in the day. I keep repeating this every year or so at least, somewhere here on PD. Funny thing is apparently he is not gone, but still he is probably not the same character anymore anyway - S_S was the biggest merry prankster I have ever felt present, I think.
If you are open to the message of psychedelics and use them a LOT, and often.. then I guess that you start to ooze out that psychedelic radiance, those primary laws that good and bad come together to dance the festival of existence and right there in the center, everything just IS, everything is in it's right place. I don't wanna glorify S_S as a person, I never met him, but he represented those values for me... and to me it feels most true when people are not beingall earnest and serious about it but make fun of everything since the putting of things in perspective is what seems unexpectedly the most profound of all.

Nowadays, I talk about these things knowing of them... remembering those memories. But I have not actively had a meaningful trip in a long time. I probably won't until I first start taking meds and eventually quit them. But in my heart it is only a question of time before I revisit those most sacred places with the aid of say mescaline or oral DMT.
I would almost feel sad about it, either that I have to take such a long time off.. or that it would be very hard for me right now to follow the same path in a sober state. But, it also seems like just too big a risk I guess - yes it could help me repair my confused 'soul' but it could also mess things up even more if I am particularly unlucky.

Anyway enough about that. I'm glad to hear Xorkoth is abstaining, it definitely seemed right for him at some point. Some might call it under pressure or coercion but I think it was with the best intentions in mind. I guess I should be happy if I had a wife right now helping me decide what's what.

Solipsis, I don't think you should feel sad about it, I find that with psychedelics, they're not like other medication - maybe this sounds like new-age bull crap but I've always seen it this way - with psychedelics you know when it's time, when they'll help you, and when you're just doing it for the hell of it - you know when not to indulge, and when an experience would be particularly magical. If that time is not now, it's not now - nothing to feel sad about, no sense rushing a good thing is there? :) <3 (It's almost surreal reading myself saying these things after how often I tripped last summer/autumn)

I'm still wondering what route to go down with treating my anxiety. I would love to start therapy right now but being in a country where my knowledge of the language is average at best - I'm not sure I could adequately express my feelings and get the help I need. Ironically that last sentence pretty much summed up why my anxiety came back so strong when I moved here.

I'm still wondering what route to go down with treating my anxiety. I would love to start therapy right now but being in a country where my knowledge of the language is average at best - I'm not sure I could adequately express my feelings and get the help I need. Ironically that last sentence pretty much summed up why my anxiety came back so strong when I moved here.

As someone who has suffered from generalized anxiety disorder (as well as panic disorder, severe social anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder, but I don't have any diagnosis anymore) for many years, I have some hints.

Psychotherapy can be great, even for persons not suffering from anything. But it is of utmost importance that the personal chemistry between you and the therapist works. I wasted 3 years of psychotherapy because of a totally useless therapist. I should have changed to another therapist, now afterwards I regret not doing it.

Also, meditation is great for anxiety. The psychiatrist I attend nowadays (she's the best one I've ever had) recommended mindfulness for me. You can read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness_(psychology). Mindfulness is a combination of western style self-therapy and eastern meditation. It's not only suited for depression, it's great for anxiety, panic disorder etc too. I have found it to be very useful. It's not so hard either, although it takes time to "learn" meditation (it's a neverending process, you always learn more). There's a great introductory book for mindfulness: The Mindful Way Through Depression (http://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Way-through-Depression-Unhappiness/dp/1593851286). You can get the book pretty anywhere I think. It includes an introductory 6 week program where you learn the basics of meditation and mindfulness. It comes with an audio CD which guides you through the program and is very useful in the beginning. After the 6 week program, you can choose how you want to continue with meditation. There are different sorts of them and I get out more from some than others. Especially meditation focusing on breathing has been helpful for me, but you can even meditate when walking. It may be that mindfulness is not your thing, but you have nothing to lose by trying it. It's a quite new approach to life and to try and change the attitude to accept anxiety and negative feelings instead of trying to force them away (this way you make your mind free to get rid of anxiety, you can not force it away) has been the most challenging part for me. I still fall victim to copious amount of benzos if my anxiety is strong.

Have you used or using any medication for anxiety? I've used 20+ different medicines in the last 7 years, everything from SSRI's to antipsychotics to beta blockers to benzos...When you go down that way, it's hard to get rid of the meds. That's why I always recommend for anyone who hasn't used meds to not start using them if there are other possibilities. They do help, but they only relieve the symptoms, not the cause. It's like you won't fix a broken leg by eating painkillers. And you easily gets stuck on them, for various reasons.

Anyway never lose faith regarding mental problems. I have overcome periods in my life that I've never thought I'd survive. E.g. in 2005 I was on sick leave for almost a year from school (I got compensation from the state to be able to have a flat and have money for food and medicine) on my doctors order. I couldn't attend school, I got panic attacks at lectures, at some point I couldn't barely go to the shop to buy food because of the panic attacks. But after years of medication, therapy (although mostly useless) and meditation I have overcome many of my problems. The worst one still is social phobia; meetings, seminars etc. can trigger extremely strong fear and anxiety and I usually take tons of benzos before them. But otherwise I now live a quite normal life.

I guess this post could have fitted in the healthy living or philosophical subforums but I just wanted to give you some hints and to remind you that mental problems can be overcome.

Last edited:
My particular problem is social anxiety since moving here. I've always had it to some extent but up until I moved I had it under complete control, now I lost that.

Thanks for the advice, that's a really thorough post man :)

I've not tried any medication for my anxiety, though I'm considering trying to get a small benzo prescription for emergencies such as job interviews, big events etc.

My issue is I make progress, but then something comes up and sends me right back to step one.

Can anyone please tell me the name of that highly radioactive 2C-* compound a vendor once put "on sale" for an april fools joke?

Ahh of course! In hindsight I should have just glanced at the periodic table....

Thank you

I've not tried any medication for my anxiety, though I'm considering trying to get a small benzo prescription for emergencies such as job interviews, big events etc.

For these kinds of situations, beta blockers can also be helpful. Actually, sometimes even better. They don't affect you mentally at all so you stay sharp e.g. in a job interview. Benzos, especially without tolerance, will always have the sedative effect that makes you a bit dull. I know surgeons that take small amounts of propranolol before surgeries which require extreme accuracy (so that the surgeons hands don't shake even the slightest). Also some musicians in orchestras use them for nervousness, and they're also effective for stage fright (because your heart won't/can't race). I also recall some athlete who competed in shooting in the Olympic games who tested positive for a beta blocker in a doping test (they're classified as doping).

That was a good post Cyanoide, lots of wisdom in there. It often strikes me that people who have been through a lot of darkness and pain come out with a deepened power of thought and reflection. I know for myself, years of major difficulty from PTSD, drug addiciton and drug induced epilepsy, forced me to use my brain in ways that I hadn't been aware of. Even in the worst of times, something was being gained. Makes the struggle worth it.

I feel somewhat alone in my room, mainly because I am. I'm thinking of getting a movie and some yummy room service dinner and reading....I met a cool chick today, she is staying in the same hotel as me, I could call her but maybe I'd like to be alone. Though I would also like to bounce this babe a lil bit...hmm, decisions decisions...;)

I honestly never even considered beta blockers, I believe we actually still have a bunch in the medicine cabinet since this used to be my grandparents house before my grandmother died and my grandfather moved out - and he has had several heart attacks and takes every known heart medicine ever, seems like he left a lot behind too.

I'll take a look.

Lol nice Roger :D

Willow, I'm convinced you're secretly a bank robber. Staying in hotels all the time, spending $12,000! One day we're going to see your mug shot on the news. ;)

I can't believe I slept until 10pm today. I think I'm just going to eat a couple meals then go back to bed so I actually wake up at a decent time tomorrow.

yes $11k is alot for a few weeks ! maybe you are rich or maybe you are impulsive !

as for the pesticides in LSD you probably consume many more pesticides from food produce, unless you're eating organic

image.png

^ saw this carved into the street on a road nearby. also saw a coffeecup with the letters "TMA" when i had TMA-6 on my mind, but i don't think that ones as special

LSDMDMA&AMP said:
i just know a little bit from reading some of the rhodium chem archive

my goodness, yes i saw the recipe for making MDA from piperonal, it was literally 10 sentences long

"YIELD: about 600 g of white fluffy stuff…"

should get Delia Smith cooking that shit.

someone in this thread also mentioned something along the lines of the buddhist concept of how you don't truly need anything outside of your body ?? i feel it's an empowering philosophy; " i am everything i need "

someone in this thread also mentioned something along the lines of the buddhist concept of how you don't truly need anything outside of your body ?? i feel it's an empowering philosophy; " i am everything i need "

But you are everything. There is nothing outside of you.

I've always thought this to be a load of malarkey. I mean yeah appreciating what you have is a good lessen, but when you consistently have less than you need to fulfill physical or psychological imperatives, this sort of thing seems almost insulting (I dunno, a way to keep the disadvantaged complacent about their status vis-à-vis the privileged classes). At what point does a philosophy seeking happiness of the individual become giving up on a righteous fight for social justice? Yeah I'm in one my misanthropic, negative periods if ya couldn't tell, but I do think you have to consider the societal implications of individually oriented philosophies if they were to become widespread.

Anyhow, my asking for things was successful, it counts as an early Christmas gift, but I got me a bottle of Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage 1997 (put in the barrel on 07/11/97, taken out on August the 21 2007...this was written with marker on the label, that kills me. Hand labeling products just makes them so much more awesome. From barrel number 706). Also got some cheap vodka and a bunch of cigars. Hooray for store closing sales (when they are done under circumstances of a store's temporary closing for the purpose of future relocation to a less bullying city)!

Whiskey and cigar combos in my future, mmmmm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.