• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Owing Someone Drug Money

blah blah blah over 9000

Bro, our situations are NOTHING alike. Your Ketamine guy clearly lied to you by stating he had Ketamine. I OTOH did not say, "oh yeah I have all the benzos in my car, just give me the cash now." I said I could get him benzos; he has to have known there is a risk in fronting. If you don't know that, then you clearly are new to the scene, and don't know shit. No one has to tell you that it's risky to invest in the stock market; you just know that, and if you don't, well, you should be investing to begin with.

^^I can't chase after the scumbag who took the money because in my situation (which I can't elaborate on due to its legality) it is literally impossible.

As for the update: I will try and pay him $50 a month until he leaves in August, so I will have paid him about $150, half of what he gave me.

"If you don't know that, then you clearly are new to the scene, and don't know shit."

...says a guy who has to ask a internet forum how to handle a rip-off.

Your trying to avoid him when he trusted you with $500? You must have no conscience.

He trusted YOU with the money, so therefore YOU lost it (somehow?), so YOU'RE responsible for paying him back.

Pay him back and do the right thing. Don't be an asshole for fucks sake.

dude right, u said u work with him so obviously u have a job , atleast try and do the right thing . god its ppl like u that relly just blow my mind , o gee i said i could do somthing for some one but relly i was just bullshitting and lost his money now what??? mabey if i avoid him , if u cant pay him back yet pay wut u can unless u just dont care about that sort of thing called KARMA it will get back to u i swear always does... iv never owed s1 money more than a week , :X

don't give people you don't trust money to go get drugs.

learning this lesson cost me $7000

when you took his money and promised him drugs, YOU became the dealer. what happened between you and your connect is irrelevant to him.

instead of your stock analogy (which is inaccurate, as when you buy stock you have to sign documents indicating you understand the risk inherent in the investment), look at it like a bank. you put $500 in the bank. even if the bank gets robbed (bank: "but he had a gun" customer: "you're a bank, it's your job to protect yourself from bank robbers"), they are responsible for your money. likewise, you took his money to do something which A) you stood to gain from and B) had an inherent level of risk. you may not have had much control over the risk of failure, but you DID have control over whether or not you took that risk.

Paragon, LMFAO at you saying this guy whos money you lost is "clearly new to the scene"! You fell for THE OLDEST RIP-OFF TRICK IN THE BOOK and then came on to an internet forum to ask if you should have to pay the guy back. I suppose you are a fucking old head eh? Years of experience and know most of the tricks and pit falls of the drug game, give it a rest man, you fucked up and you ain't man enough to face up to it and make it right, thats your perogative but expect to get your head kicked in and consider yourself lucky if you don't.

Seriously though why bring this to BlueLight? You are just being an immature dog who can't face up to their own mess, you aren't going to get much reassurance around here and even if you did for whatever reason, it wouldn't change the fact this guy has got to be fuming. I don't personally think this thread should even exist cause its that obvious what you should do and there isn't much potential for discussion.

As for the update: I will try and pay him $50 a month until he leaves in August, so I will have paid him about $150, half of what he gave me.

Very good man. Wish you could pay all the money back, but you're certainly trying to get shit straight with this guy and that's a good thing. I mean, I've been ripped off for $60 or so a few times and I've just charged it to the game. I'm a female and have no way of strongarming anyone into giving me my fucking money back other than committing anything short of a felony.

when you took his money and promised him drugs, YOU became the dealer

+1.

I say pay the man his money. He gave you money in exchange for a product, and you didn't deliver. Its bad karma not to pay him back in this instance.

Whos this guy that dosen't mind getting jacked for $500.. man I would take a baseball bat to somebody.. the fuck yo.. everyone i know would get violent over half that..

You pay him back, or he kicks your ass/kills you is the way it usually works. 500 is a bit too much for you to just lose and forget about. If it was a hundred notes then maybe.

dont pay him. when he asks about it tell him to fuck himself. find out where he lives. if he threatens you break his windows and fuck his car up. buy a gun.

I just skimmed over most of the replies. A lot of people seem to be diving into personal insults either against you or the guy who fronted you. I'll avoid that; no need for the hostility to discuss the issue.

Personally, I always make sure to clear these things up explicitly whenever I'm on either side of a fronting situation. I typically understand a front as "I don't have enough money to buy my drugs and yours so I need you to pay me in advance." In that sense, giving him neither his money nor his drugs is pretty much the same as what your connect did to you. Taking his money meant promising to get him the drugs or pay him back.

However, that's just one interpretation and the nasty truth of the black market is that these sorts of things are never set in stone. Based on your situation, here's what I personally believe:

First of all, there is no absolute right or wrong here. There is no authoritative opinion. Ultimately, might is right and what matters is how purely self-interested you are and how willing he is to escalate the situation.

Think about this from his perspective. He has NO reason to assume anything other than that you stole his money. Everything you've done is exactly what you would do if you had stolen it, is it not?

If you can afford it, just pay him. Ultimately, it was you who told him your connect was reliable, it was you who failed to catch the fucker when he bolted or track him down. It's not your fault, but it's your responsibility. It sure isn't his fault.

If you can't, explain the situation and that you can't afford to just flat out repay him. Try to work something else out. Acknowledge his perspective and concerns, try to get him to acknowledge yours. Offer to split the burden of the missing cash if you can't afford to repay all of it, or give him some pills if you have excess, or at least offer to hook him up at cost and without fronting next time you are in a position to do so. Offer some sign of goodwill and show him that, even if you disagree that you owe him the full amount, you're not trying to screw him over. Apologise for avoiding him and for your sketchy connect. Hell, maybe ask him for help tracking the guy down, although it sounds like it's far too late for that.

I didn't read the the whole thread..

But I will say, a while ago my friend fronted me a zip of dank, I went to sell it for a mark-up to someone I had done this with many times before in the past, and they bolted with the weed and got away.

There was never a debate as to whether or not I owed him the money, OBVIOUSLY I owed him the fucking money. Your a dipshit asshole if you were in a similar situation and don't feel the same way. I'm still paying him back to this day :(

I agree with both sides. There is a risk involved, as this has happened to me a million times. Sometimes I say don't worry about it, but most of the time I ask for at least a little reimbursement to make up for some of it. I do the same thing. If I get jacked or get bunk shit, I say sorry, there's always that risk, but let me try and make at least some of it right. If I were you, I'd try to work out some kind of deal. Maybe not pay him the full 500, but at least ask how you could make some of it up, like buy him a few bags (or whatever drug you were trying to get) or something. But I have to agree with some of these people, avoiding him isn't the right thing to do. There's an unspoken "code" of the drug world, and you do owe him something. You said if you were in his shoes, you wouldn't expect it back, but wouldn't you be pissed if he was ducking and dodging you? At least I would be.....

*just singing* *with love* - just a good song is all - The Streets - Geezas need excitement''

So you owe someone money subbing scunny
Best pay me billy - no worries
One-fifty on sunday
But in someway that turns into wednesday
Then goes straight to pay on a hazy evening in the local bar-cafe
What a way. What a way
Just to recap for those at the back, this is everyday tit-for-tat you owe your dealer and
can't pay back fee
Suddenly he's the baddy
So you tell your mates you could have him anyway, to look 'geez'.
But he's a shady fuck, beamer three series, lock, stock and two fat fucks backing him up
Can't convey enough of his desire for the paper stuff
In a blunt fashion Billy's angry with a passion
So please just accept it ain't happening
And go back to your runnins
'Cos you might get yourself in trouble one of these days

Geezerz need excitement
If their lives don't provide them this they incite violence
Common sense simple common sense
Geezerz need excitement
if their lives don't provide them this they incite violence
Common sense simple common sense

Long story short, I met a guy who I told that I could get him a few hundred dollars (<500$) worth of drugs. The deal goes sour after he fronts me the money. I wind up with no drugs, and he is out his money. Now there is inherent risk in fronting someone money, but he doesn't seem to realize this. A few months have gone by, and he keeps pestering me to get his money back. I work with him, but I don't see him more than 2-4 times per month. I may be able to manipulate my work schedule so that I don't have to see him. He is leaving the city (and perhaps state) I live in come August, so I won't have to deal with him past that. I think he could attack me at work sometime, or possibly find my last name and address, and maybe slash my tires or break my windows. I highly doubt he'd seriously injure me over just a few hundred dollars. But I don't know him well enough to tell for sure. He loaned me the money back in December, and he set May 31 as the deadline for me to compensate him. I was going to go against my beliefs to repay him; however, he told me he would take the money from me if I didn't give it to him. So now, I'm two days away from the deadline, and I have yet to pay him. I haven't called him, and I'm not sure if he has called me; my cellphone screen got water damage and won't turn on.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate the situation? I really don't want to pay him, and I also don't feel bad for it because there is always a risk involved in fronting money, and I as well lost money in that deal. I think if I avoid him at work this may just blow over after a few threats or something. Mods please move rather than close if need be.

No, ya big bitch, you got to give him something - otherwise you send the message out that you cant be trusted and it will come back to you...when you need help (not from him - ok, but from others, .. karma has a way like that sometimes)

Now that's not to say that you should give him all of it - I reckon promise him it all, give him 100 for now and THEN do your plan.

and change your name - play dead every time he comes near.

man where are you from? im from chicago where niggaz will shoot you if you move the lawn chair they put on the road in front of their house to save their parking space. around here if you get ripped off like that and dont go TAKE your money back your going to get labled a bitch and its all down hill from there!!you must be in some poe-dunk hillbilly cow tipping town, and i suggest you stay. and i aint just tryin to act hard hommie trust me dog i been to crook(cook) county jail, stateville max sec prision, and other joints. i been playing these games for a minute son.you should pay dude back just so you aint gotta keep lookin back over your shoulder.