• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

Alprazolam is overrated. Its received a lot of hype and has little recreational value in my experience. It helps me in social situations and knocks me out if I take a lot, so I'm not saying it isn't effective, but it doesn't have a euphoric high and the it's wayyy overpriced on the street for it's actual Rx cost, accessibility and inherent value.

Codeine is overhyped as well. Specifically codeine-based cough syrup. It's a meh-tier opiate due to ceiling effect and like alprazolam, its wayyy overvalued due to media hype and rapper endorsement. I know "s-s-s-sippin on sizzurp" sounds cool and mixing cough syrup with Sprite may seem like a cool idea (Who doesn't want to drink pink soda and feel awesome?), but here is a cooler idea: wash down one oxycodone with a glass of water and shutup.

Underrated? Probably poppy tea. I know that isn't a specific drug but it's severely underappreciated for what it is. Oral morphine in general is viewed as a shitty way to do opiates bc of the low bioavailability, but I did oxy/heroin for many years and even poppy seed tea would make me feel good (2lb of seeds but still). I understand no one wants to admit they just chugged a huge glass of poppy tea to get high and certainly no one is rapping about it, but say the words "legal opiate high" and everyone pays attention. Poppy tea is the Rodney Dangerfield of opiate highs.

*Disclaimer: All opiates are horrible and usually lead to 1. Addiction and 2. Knowing the location of every place you can sell gold within 25 miles of your house. They should be used recreationally by no one ever.

Personally, I find alcohol generally overrated (but not by users of other drugs, just by folks who don't tend to do other things). I also find MDMA overrated, and I've had decent, strong stuff - I don't know why, I just don't enjoy it much, it's just a speedy kind of euphoria which I'm oddly not big on.

Not sure about underrated. Maybe nicotine? I keep my smoking irregular and I always get an amazing head rush from it, but that's probably just me.

Personally, I find alcohol generally overrated (but not by users of other drugs, just by folks who don't tend to do other things). I also find MDMA overrated, and I've had decent, strong stuff - I don't know why, I just don't enjoy it much, it's just a speedy kind of euphoria which I'm oddly not big on.

Not sure about underrated. Maybe nicotine? I keep my smoking irregular and I always get an amazing head rush from it, but that's probably just me.
I cannot stand the smell of alcohol anymore.. havent had a sip in 5 years

Alcohol is both overrated and underrated to me.

The experience of going out with friends to a club or bar and paying a huge amount on alcohol is overrated.

But I also think that having a drink or two with friends or alone is a very nice experience. Basically paying a lot for alcohol to be in a place with other people drinking is overrated but the substance, enjoyed correctly and cheaply, is underrated.

For a determination thats so "subjective" there seems to be almost unanimous agreement over the fact that its overrated...

Overrated: MDMA, there are definitely situations I'd be happy to take some in, but it just doesn't suit me personality really (MDA is considerably more interesting to me, haven't had either in years tho, never did much rolling at all either, nor do I have the desire to roll a lot), alcohol, especially by those who don't really use other substances, is extremely overrated, being really drunk has really lost it's flair for me over time, I do like craft beers a lot & having some drinks in social situations or rare other occasions still, but alcohol is really inferior to all the drugs I've used a lot & some I've only used a little...most overrated of all, though, benzodiazepines, I just don't see the point of them, taking them is like not even being alive for several hours, such a waste of time (quite literally).

Underrated: well, numerous psychedelic RC's are underrated by those who think "RC" just means NBOMe's & methylone...the idea that psychedelic RC's are somehow inherently inferior to the classics is ridiculous to me, the classics are definitely among the best but I'd rate DOC & 4-AcO-DMT just as highly as LSD & shrooms, as well there are others I love, I like having a variety of different psychedelics to use & explore, I've tried a few I didn't like much but the ones I keep around all have their own special magic to offer.

I feel like every hating coke is because they don't understand the true benefits. It's extremely functional unlike other drugs

I feel like every hating coke is because they don't understand the true benefits. It's extremely functional unlike other drugs

I think barely anyone has ever tried coke. They've tried a cocktail of baby laxative, dewormer, amphetamine, etc plus a tiny amount of cocaine (sometimes). The effects are going to vary wildly between batches. Judging coke as a drug is kind of a pointless exercise until it becomes legal and you can get it pure.

Overrated - IN Cocaine, Ecstasy/MDMA, opioids/opiates, tobacco, alcohol, benzos

Underrated - DXM, oral cocaine

Blank: ever done all of those overrated drugs at the same time? I bet it would be tits.

Ephedrine is underrated, I was wired before I took a bump of amp last night off just eph & coffee (granted they synergize!)

Blank: ever done all of those overrated drugs at the same time? I bet it would be tits.

i'd do it like, benzo-->booze-->cocaine-->(on comedown pop M)-->and when i comedown i'd end it off with a nice nod on hydro.

does sound like fucking tits

I personally think methamphetamine is overrated. It keeps me up for a long time, but fails to give me a sense of euphoria like it used to about 10 years ago, when the quality was much better. If that quality stuff stuff still exists, I would sure like to know where it is available at!

oh, i'd say that meth is UNDERRATED, at least 'round these parts where it's harshly judged as a white trash drug, so rare among my peers it's the butt of jokes.... yet at the same time these people spend exorbitant amounts on addies or dexies, tweaking on essentially a less-pleasurable meth. when i actually scared some up and tried it i found it absolutely worth doing, in fact it's the best, most addictive iv rush i've ever had, up to and including H.

also underrated: nicotine (smoking, too, is out of fashion), propylhexedrine (long live Benzedrex!), ephedrine, clonazepam, poppySEED tea, tramadol, caffeine...

overrated: iv heroin. i guess it depends on the quality of your gear; i usually get fire from the same guy, but my most recent batch was too sedating, whatever it was cut with. in any case, iv heroin is held up as this legend among drugs, and it's pretty amazing and all, but like i said meth hooked me at once; h i buy if i have extra after weed and meth, but i rarely CRAVE it.

also: ketamine (im'd or iv'd, it hit like weak MXE), alprazolam/lorazepam, iv hydromorphone (nice rush but no legs!)...

OVER - I personally think weed is a severely overrated drug. I understand that it affects everyone differently, but daily use turned me into a mumbling idiot. I feel so much sharper without it.

I simply don't understand how people live the stoner lifestyle. To each their own though.

UNDER - Clonazepam. I'm sure it's partially because most people don't know what the hell it is or only pay attention to Xanax. No drug has ever given me the sense of relief and comfort that a few mgs of Klonopin provides. I'll take it over Xanax any day.

Not if you were to mix herb and Klonopin/Xanax, that's a whole different animal haha. Absolutely wonderful.

I think barely anyone has ever tried coke. They've tried a cocktail of baby laxative, dewormer, amphetamine, etc plus a tiny amount of cocaine (sometimes). The effects are going to vary wildly between batches. Judging coke as a drug is kind of a pointless exercise until it becomes legal and you can get it pure.
I am of the 'not so impressed' camp and that is no issue with purity. I've had the real thing and I've had shite, both turn me into an arrogant dick and a fiend. I hate the stuff so much that I've spent months straight snorting/basing it.
It's overrated because of the glamour and class associated with it, along with the 'pinnacle of euphoria' comments and Freud's obsession.

At least where i grew up
Over-rated:
Alcohol
Heroin
RC'S like NBOME
Benzos
Shake and bake
And garbage stepped on coke

Under rated:
LSD
Good coke

Most overrated drug in the world: Alcohol. It's a dirty, unpredictable drug for me (and many others). Makes people aggressive, sloppy, obnoxious and stupid. No euphoria whatsoever. And puking. Lots of puking.

Most underrated: Benzedrex. Seriously, this feels more similar to meth than Adderall does IMO. Great skin tingles and long-lasting stimulation. Its OTC status and cheap cost make it great for those who can't find/afford other stims.