• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

People are really saying cannabis is under-rated... cannabis, literally the most glamourized illegal substance... under-rated 8). Totaly makes sense.

Fucking GUNS are themselves overrated hard drugs
Easily one of the most rediculous responses in this thread.

Over-rated:

MXE - "drug of the decade", pfft yeah, okay... enjoyable occasionally, mostly just disgusting feeling.
Cannabis - Nothing special, and the headspace is more delusional than insightful imo.
Coke - In all forms and ROA's excluding IV. This is an obvious one, total waste of money imo.
Alcohol - Feels disgustingly dirty, ruined almost all my immediate family.
Stimulants, excluding empathogens - Again, they feel dirty, make you fiend, and by the time you get to a satisfying high the comedown is almost never worth it.

Under-rated

Kratom - Surprise surprise, CaptainKratom likes kratom... who would've guessed.
aMT - Fantastic recreational psychedelic empathogen, practically all side-effects can be avoided via rectal ROA.
6-apdb - This MDA analogue slid under the radar but is by far the most euphoric and psychedelic of all the APB's.
Gabapentin - Some get zero effects from this beauty, but for me, It's the best social lubricant I can think of with some euphoria and an all around unique feel to boot

Easily one of the most rediculous responses in this thread.

Under-rated

Kratom - Surprise surprise, CaptainKratom likes kratom... who would've guessed.

Yeah... I admit it's a bit ''rediculous'' and off topic lol I was just venting my deep aversion to guns, for some reason... Some folks do obsess about them - just as they would about a drug - and they annoy me; movies full of gun fights annoy and bore me as well. I'm no stupid ''pacifist'' at all costs, I don't care much about baby seals and shit, but the proliferation of guns is bad fucking news imo. Now I don't wanna start a worthless argument: I was just throwing food for thought, somehow - you're entitled to your opinion about firearms, I'm entitled to mine... Don't feel like posting more on this subject, please ;)

I'm a big fan of kratom yet I believe it's a great thing if it's underrated! The less attention it gets from the powers that be the better! imo The longer it stays relatively unpopular, the longer it may remain legal and hassle-free. I'm an opiate-dependent individual who's been maintaining on kratom - with great results - for years. Let's hope some of those having a commercial interest in kratom won't fuck it all up for us responsible users... ;)

coke is crazily overrated-most expensive drug and a single average dose lasts about 15-20 minures?pff,i dont think so...
Party drugs(Xtacy.MDMA etc) i find to be extremely overhyped as well for no good reason,you have to be in a very specific setup,environment and mood for them to
work properly or else its not that they have no effect but they have a bad,sickening effect which sucks(bad trip).Too much has to go right with those drugs..

everyone is affected differently depending on many factors, but for me coke I suppose. One can only do so much and it stops working… Acid too, I preferred shrooms and mescaline

I don´t think hallucinogens in general is underrated I just don´t appreciate being high for 32 hours.
If you plan to have an acid trip you need to live by yourself, can´t work and need lots of time to recover and, worst of all, someone to comfort you when you are having those horrible bad trips.
How can someone pay for something like that? For me it´s like being mentally crazy.
I respect those who like it. And don´t judge, I believe it´s just me..

Last edited:
@Erikmen - Psychedelic durations last from 10mins to 24+ hours, the grand majority falling well under the 10 hour mark. Pretty much all tryptamines with the exception of aMT last 8 hours and under. Hell, even notoriously long duration phenethylamines like DOC lasted 20 hours which while long lasting, it's well under 36 hours. 2c-d lasted like 3 hours, most of it which was just the come-up!

Yeah... I admit it's a bit ''rediculous'' and off topic lol I was just venting my deep aversion to guns, for some reason... Some folks do obsess about them - just as they would about a drug - and they annoy me; movies full of gun fights annoy and bore me as well. I'm no stupid ''pacifist'' at all costs, I don't care much about baby seals and shit, but the proliferation of guns is bad fucking news imo. Now I don't wanna start a worthless argument: I was just throwing food for thought, somehow - you're entitled to your opinion about firearms, I'm entitled to mine... Don't feel like posting more on this subject, please ;)

I'm a big fan of kratom yet I believe it's a great thing if it's underrated! The less attention it gets from the powers that be the better! imo The longer it stays relatively unpopular, the longer it may remain legal and hassle-free. I'm an opiate-dependent individual who's been maintaining on kratom - with great results - for years. Let's hope some of those having a commercial interest in kratom won't fuck it all up for us responsible users... ;)

I wasn't flaming your premise, It's just a bit silly to call guns "hard drugs" lol. I mean I personally don't agree with your views on guns but by all means your entitled to your own opinion :). However, this just isn't the thread to do it in.

As for kratom, I wholeheartedly agree. When I first started taking kratom it was well under the radar, nowadays not so much but hey... what can you do about it. Sadly, I'm essentially waiting for the DEA to call for banishment due to popularity, and you can bet their gonna list false information as their reasons for banning it because kratom is not dangerous enough to warrant scheduling. "The dangerous kratom is destroying the lives of our children by causing hallucinations, psychosis, murders and it's effects are compared to that of heroin and cocaine!". *yawn* The DEA doesn't even surprise me anymore., bunch of foolish idiots with too much power.

Last edited:
I thought 2C-B was stupid

is 25-I even liked enough to be considered overrated?

pretty much most RCs

hydrocodone is so underrated, I could still eat like 4 Vics and get a nice buzz no idea why people sneer at it especially after they reformulated a lot of stuff

and a lot of flames might come here, but seriously

METHAMPHETAMINE is underrated, and downright shunned by people who never even thought about trying it yet theyll take RC stims

sweet dude

underatted: AB-FUBINACA high CBD to THC ratio, makes for an extemely nice high, no paranoid edge to it at all, which i get at least a little with weed/hash and other 'noids

@Erikmen - Psychedelic durations last from 10mins to 24+ hours, the grand majority falling well under the 10 hour mark. Pretty much all tryptamines with the exception of aMT last 8 hours and under. Hell, even notoriously long duration phenethylamines like DOC lasted 20 hours which while long lasting, it's well under 36 hours. 2c-d lasted like 3 hours, most of it which was just the come-up!

I know I took too much and it happened with all 3 or 4 times I used. People were using it every day and I think I did it twice in less than 48 hours.
Really did not appreciate the bad tripping. It was very bad indeed.
But that is an exception and it was because due to misuse. I believe I should have been more specific.

Overrated - cocaine, LSD, mescaline, alcohol, 6-Apb, MXE

Underrated - methylone, codeine, hydrocodone (not really underrated but poo-pooed by many with a tolerance)

Overrated:
Alcohol, cocaine, codeine, MDMA, weed, 25i-NBOMe, benzos, DXM, oxycodone

Underrated:
MDA, LSD, DOB, 5-MeO-DMT, ketamine, hydrocodone, amphetamine, nitrous

In my opinion.

Man ur very close in my opinion but oxycodone over hydrocodone???? U do know the difference right???? Plus the right benzo is underrated(xanax) and the others are overrated(val, Clo). The Tros are the best which are the perc 30's in the south Oxy's make everything better.

and a lot of flames might come here, but seriously

METHAMPHETAMINE is underrated, and downright shunned by people who never even thought about trying it yet theyll take RC stims

sweet dude

I don't know that meth is "underrated" necessarily, as it's widely acknowledged to be one of the more powerful psychostimulant drugs out there. It's just that it has a kind of social stigma attached to it.

overrated: alcohol, cocaine, nicotine

underrated: ibogaine, phenibut, zaleplon (sonata)

Last edited:
Man ur very close in my opinion but oxycodone over hydrocodone???? U do know the difference right???? Plus the right benzo is underrated(xanax) and the others are overrated(val, Clo). The Tros are the best which are the perc 30's in the south Oxy's make everything better.

I absolutely know the difference. I never said hydrocodone was better than oxycodone, I said that hydro gets looked down upon while oxy is praised. They're both great opiates though.

And I disagree that xanax is underrated. Or any benzos for that matter. For recreational purposes they don't have a lot to go on, but the side effects of dependency are really nasty. A lot of people overlook that for whatever reason.

As I said before, this is all personal opinion.

over:
alcohol (I only enjoy it past fifteen minutes when I'm addicted)
MDMA (the comedown)
opiates/oids (same as alcohol)

under:
shroomz (really inspiring)
amp (functional, happy, and relatively non-toxic in therapeutic doses)
caffeine (like amp but dumbed down)
nicotine (like caffeine with a flair)

damn the ativan is making it hard to think ;)

Don't feel like getting into the other drugs right now, but Xanax is overrated in the young novice drug using hipster scene, but underrated on this website and online in general with all the "drug snobs".

Also, Soma is underrated and not well known but I prefer it that way :)

Last edited: