• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

over-rated drugs:

1. Buprenorphine/Subutex/Suboxone/Zubsolv/whatever... Having tried: Hydrocodone, Oxycodone, Morphine, Fentanyl, Heroin, Tramadol, Codeine, Methadone and probably a few more I'm forgetting I just don't get what people see in Bupe, I'm finally off it after over a year and I am fucking stoked, can finally get high on real opiates again and can't wait to get back on Methadone. For me Suboxone has only ever eliminated 95% of my Opiate WDs at best, and at worst it's been just as addicting as any of the others, with a super long half life. Plus it's way over priced. Fuck. This. Drug.

2. Buprenorphine, have I mentioned how much I hate this drug yet?

3. Alcohol, as I hypocritically crack open a beer (the only form of alcohol I drink) but fucking sue me, I have one bowl of herb left, only Cimetidine + Omeprazole + Lope in me atm and some Kava Kava pills, trying to sleep tonight.

4. Cocaine, in a world with Crystal Meth, Adderall, Vyvanse (spelling?) and Dexedrine I don't understand why people buy this shit. If you don't have the greatest connections in the world your cocaine has probably been stepped on 50x by the time you sniff it. Not to say I haven't gotten lucky and scored the "fish-scale" before, but even then, great high but much too short lived and "fiendy" for my taste.

5. Codeine, don't get all the hype over one of the weakest and most toxic opiates out there.

6. Alprazolam/Xanax, my least favorite benzodiazepine. In my world this drug's only function is to knock me out after too much Crystal or to help with the WDs from Opiates / better benzos. I always act a fool on this one, can never remember shit, no muscle relaxation, etc. Only benefits are that it hits hard and fast.

under-rated drugs:

1. DMT, out of the psychedelics/dissociative/Empathogins I've tried (Shrooms, DXM, MDMA, MDA, MDE, MXE, Ayahuasca) DMT has been the most beautiful, meaningful and fun (when combined with Cannabis and Nitrous Oxide). Seriously love this drug.

2. Cannabis, with no risk of addiction I find herb to be both the most abuse-able and most medicinal drug on the planet.

3. Methadone, most under-rated opiate ever, IMHO. It's cheap, it delivers every single time, I love the high, the high lasts forever, don't have to go to some shady motherfucker to get it, etc.

4. Clonazepam, of all the easily acquired benzos in my neck of the woods this one has everything I'm looking for. It kills my anxiety, relieves my muscle tension, lasts quite a while, is fairly euphoric (especially when you actually have crippling anxiety or combine it with opiates), plus it lasts a good while and it tastes great.

edit:

5. Gabapentin, great booster for benzos and opiates, nice buzz on it's own when you take enough, quite anxiolytic, extremely affordable, easily 'scripted, and from what I understand a Godsend for people with nerve pain.

Last edited:
Forgot to add: Overrated: alcohol and Valium (and all GABAergics) - 'hey, I'm no longer worried and... whoops, just punched my best friend and shit in his kettle'.
I will take anxiety over complete anxiolysis, I need some inhibitions!

Underrated: Kratom, a lot of people seem to think this is like somehow not a drug. Or maybe they've just had the headshop stuff and haven't gotten a good nod off of it...but yeh, kratom is the tits. MXE is underrated in a lot of circles, has a bit of a niche crowd but those who enjoy it seem to love it as much as me.

Overrated: Adderall. Try being on it for 5 years, then telling me you still get anything positive out of it.

Didn't you get the wah wahs as if you had done nitrous? I think you can get alot more out of it than a slight alcohol buzz, but the question is, do you really want to? Personally I agree, it's not my cup of tea so I never really huffed myself silly on it.

I've never done whippits, so I can't tell.
I had 100% pure Ether and we did over 100ml in one session. We did everything. Sniffing, inhaling through bottle even drink little drops. We just felt a little numb on the face and an alcohol buzz for 5 minutes over and over again.
Def not worth the brain cells.

Overrated:

Street cocaine (the overwhelming majority is cut with shit)
Oxycodone (one of my lower ranking opiates...don't get why it is so popular)
Diluadid (fun, but never as good as I expect, even when IVed)
Salvia (it is beyond me why anyone would do this for fun)
Alcohol (one of my least favorites...don't understand the appeal with so many other drugs)

Underrated:

Morphine (second only to heroin in euphoria)
Hydrocodone (don't know why people knock hydro, I enjoy it a lot)
Tramadol (a smooth, relaxing high in the 400-500mg range)
Mescaline (probably my favorite psychedelic but you don't see it around much)

I browsed the thread quickly, no way I'm gonna go through 25 pages of posts. I'll agree with a lot of people that coke is overrated. What a waste of time and money. I've had very pure coke that a friend of mine brought back from Bolivia, and while it was good, I could easily name 20 drugs that are more fun. If stims and an ego trip is your thing, just rail up some (m)ethylphenidate, better high and you'll save some bucks IMHO. I know some people might disagree on this but it's my opinion and I'm posting it and that's that!

More importantly, I want to say that I think LSA is underrated. I had morning glory seeds once and the visuals/tripping/mental processes were exactly like LSD, only difference being that one is a stim and one is a mild anaesthetic. Now if someone could come up with some pure LSA and put it in capsules and sell it, then we could all trip lying comfortably in our couches instead of having to wander out in the fields and explore every time. Think about it, you could trip on acid in the winter too, while it's raining outside. Cool stuff.

Last edited:
Underrated:

Hydrocodone (don't know why people knock hydro, I enjoy it a lot)
Tramadol (a smooth, relaxing high in the 400-500mg range)
Mescaline (probably my favorite psychedelic but you don't see it around much)

I'll agree that hydrocodone is great, wouldn't call it underrated though, a lot of people love it. Tramadol is shit though, if nothing else just because there's the chance you might seizure up. I don't like that prospect in a drug.

Mescaline sure is underrated because it's a good psychedelic, and people don't like introspection.

i haven't done much but
overrated: alcohol
underrated: ambien, hydrocodone

LSD - everyone's afraid of the stuff because everyone knows someone who knows someone who took 1/10/50+ tabs/microdots/pills and got stuck in a trip for a week/year/forever. No, sorry, that shit just doesn't happen like that. They were fucked to begin with.

This is sooo true, and usually it's simply a matter of bad set and setting. I've seen people go into the experience without first being commited to the whole idea of "putting chemicals inside your body" and of course their worst fears about losing their mind come true. This is where a little shamanism from someone more knowledgeable could help. Or just don't do LSD if you don't really want to. I was commited to try it and it turned out that due to a poor choice of setting (no shaman was around) I had a bad trip the first time. But I so wanted it to be good that I did it a second time and then it was beautiful. Instead a lot of people simply give in to peer pressure and do it, which is really sad, and a recipe for disaster.

Still, an entire decade, generation, and youth movement was shaped and defined by LSD, don't know if you can call it underrated.

over-rated:
cocaine
heroin

under-rated:
mephedrone
methylone
fent-analogs
midazolam

Street cocaine is over-rated since it takes a lot to stay high for a few hours, although purer coke is good, the short duration makes it overrated unless you have a lot of money to blow on blow. A lotta MDMA pressed pills that go around in clubs and at parties I find are either too weak or not really MDMA but something else that is not as good as good proper doses of MDMA are. DMT is over-rated to me because it was not what I thought it was going to be, but it was still pretty intense, not my kind of "trip" though. Morphine and Diluadid are over-rated for sure in pill foem unless used IV they are weak and not worthy of being compared to oxycodone or especially good heroin..
heroin is not over-rated if it's good, but it's sure not as great as movies portray it to be.

i assume you didnt breakthrough on DMT? were you aware of your body etc?

I've heard that, and also that you should never take more than 400mg daily. I've taken up to 1,200mg daily with no ill effects, so that was just my experience.

overated: alcohol (i like it though)
codeine syrup
herb

underrated:
ghb (date rape bullshit)
heroin (most hated along with crack)
nbomes
"bath salts" namely MDPV and mephedrone (they'll turn you into a maniac murderer etc.)

underrated : d/l-amphetamines, tramadol, codeine, tilidine, 3-meo-pcp, 4FA

overrated: cocaine, dextroamphetamines, oxycodone

Overrated:

Alcohol
Benzos (and I have generalized anxiety disorder)

Underrated:

Weed as a psychadelic (high dose edibles!)

Propylhexedrine (the extraction is easy, it's an awesome time, you can get it delivered to your door legally!)

Forgot to add: Overrated: alcohol and Valium (and all GABAergics) - 'hey, I'm no longer worried and... whoops, just punched my best friend and shit in his kettle'.
I will take anxiety over complete anxiolysis, I need some inhibitions!

I think people who do dumb shit when drunk, on benzos, or both were dumb to begin with. This includes taking too much of them in the first place. If you do dumb shit while under the influence, blaming the fact that you were under the influence is a major cop-out.

Now of COURSE this post is slightly hypocritical, as I've been too drunk or fucked up before myself. But any stupid stuff I did was my fault, and if the drugs contributed to that decision making, the first bad decision I made was taking those drugs in that circumstance. Let's advocate for some self-responsibility here...

I think people who do dumb shit when drunk, on benzos, or both were dumb to begin with. This includes taking too much of them in the first place. If you do dumb shit while under the influence, blaming the fact that you were under the influence is a major cop-out.

Agreed. I used to take a lot of benzos and I sometimes did things with a lowered inhibition, like yelling at frat guys/bros and telling they were worthless pieces of shit... so nothing stupid like driving or fucking fat chicks, just lowered inhibition.

OT: I'm really disappointed with this thread. You people have incredibly shitty taste in drugs, or just don't understand the meaning of over- and under-rated. Overrated means they're a lot of hullabaloo over nothing, and underrated means not enough people are talking about the magic of X...
IE. Nbomes, fent, RCs, etc... are not underrated, they are poison and/or not effective recreational drugs. LSD, heroin, and cannabis are not overrated, that doesn't even make sense.

The one I can agree with, street cocaine is overrated. Nobody is getting Scarface high off something you bought from some 12-year-old in the hood. Do an acetone wash and then you'll something worth putting up your nose (even if there's 50% or more less of it, haha).