• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Other" Psychedelics

Great thread. The reddit post to beginners guide is really good.
Its also worth establishing if you prefer the earthiness of tryptamines or the sparkly fun of phenethylamines. I personally prefer phenethylamines, but am confortable with both. Understanding this will help you pick a direction of chems to play with
What class is LSD in when it comes to that stuff? Is it a diethylamide? Lol.

My favourites of the more novel psychs would be, 4 AcO DMT and 4 HO MET. 4 AcO DMT being recreational and shroom like until the dosage gets high enough (over 25 mg typically) and it starts to behave like a proper full on entheogen. 4 HO MET is very visual and to me it has a very Lysergic like feel. It reminds me of LSD more then any other tryptamine. It's pretty easy going even at doses as high as 30 mg I find. And it too has the potential to be spiritual if the dosage and setting are right.

ETH LAD is an amazing lysergamide psychedelic. A proper potent amide of Lysergic acid if there ever was one. Very LSD like to me, but with the closed eye visual power of tryptamines. It just takes me deeper than LSD 25 and I've experienced some closed eyed scenes of stunning beauty and even had breathrough type experiences while laying in the dark on ETH LAD. I also enjoy ALD 52 and 1P LSD but not sure if those warrant a mention as u already have LSD experience.

The 5 substituted tryptamines (5 MeOs specifically.....I don't think I'd touch the 5 HOs) for me helped me reach some of the most spiritual moments of my life, but the body load and the instant crushing ego dissolution of a smoked dose are some things to take into consideration.

What class is LSD in when it comes to that stuff? Is it a diethylamide? Lol.

It's in a class of it's own called lysergamides. Technically a diethylamide derivative of lysergic acid. It is usually referred to alongside tryptamines since it contains the indole group (a benzene ring bonded to a pyrrole ring, the hexagon and pentagon), but LSD differs from tryptamines by its action on dopamine and adrenaline systems in addition to serotonin.

It's in a class of it's own called lysergamides. Technically a diethylamide derivative of lysergic acid. It is usually referred to alongside tryptamines since it contains the indole group (a benzene ring bonded to a pyrrole ring, the hexagon and pentagon), but LSD differs from tryptamines by its action on dopamine and adrenaline systems in addition to serotonin.
Fuck me I get so aroused when someone starts rattling off brain chemistry jargon at me. Makes me wanna instantly unzip and strangle my meat even though I'm at work.... I would still consider it tbh just for the sheer magnitude of the story:
'how did you lose your job?'
'I was at my desk wanking myself off over the differences between phenylethylamines, tryptamines and LSD'

Shulgin wrote that some people already got a +3 experience out of as little as 10mg, while others took the dose up to 30mg. The reports he quotes in PIHKAL were at 16 to 25mg.

It's something I've always noticed with 2C-E. Some people require larger doses in the 25-30mg range, and although they also find it very deep, it seems like they also tend to find it euphoric and overall positive. While others, like myself, can get a very strong trip off of even 10mg, with 18mg being the most I've ever taken, which resulted in a +4 total reality deconstruction experience that was utterly terrifying and instructional. This group tends to find it to be emotionally neutral, sometimes very positive and euphoric for moments but also difficult and dark, but very rewarding.

Gotta get me some 2C-E....love 2C-B

It's vastly different from 2C-B. 2C-B is like mind candy, 2C-E is like an ancient awareness that bitch slaps you with fractals and utterly warps your thoughts and perceptions. I've never been as completely psychedelically altered as I have with 2C-E, with any other substance.

I wish I could just try all of these drugs consecutively. ? I try to space trips out responsibly. I'll have some LSD and some Golden Teacher mushrooms soon, so the other ones might have to wait a little while.

Revisiting the question I was asked earlier in this thread, "What is it that you aspire to get out of your experience?"
At 25 mg though, my field of vision was warping into a toroidal shape à la Alex Grey (note: I don't even like Alex Grey), and my inner voice suddenly turned into a 1970's BBC newsreader (note: I'm not British, and wasn't alive in the 1970's) giving a heartfelt apology for the ongoing breakdown of my sanity.

THIS. Specifically. ?

Fuck me I get so aroused when someone starts rattling off brain chemistry jargon at me. Makes me wanna instantly unzip and strangle my meat even though I'm at work.... I would still consider it tbh just for the sheer magnitude of the story:
'how did you lose your job?'
'I was at my desk wanking myself off over the differences between phenylethylamines, tryptamines and LSD'
Lmao, tell your boss you didn't know that sort of thing was frowned upon

9xDUFq.gif

It's vastly different from 2C-B. 2C-B is like mind candy, 2C-E is like an ancient awareness that bitch slaps you with fractals and utterly warps your thoughts and perceptions. I've never been as completely psychedelically altered as I have with 2C-E, with any other substance.

That reminds me..

I've discouraged your plan to engage in 2C-P before, but you should know that my spies inform me it's been nevertheless the Shulgin drug of choice for some well-respected, artistic, intellectual cocaine cowboy.

Things you learn from travels around London! :)

Looking around on dn markets seems unlikely to find anything that isn't 2C-B which is a shame.

Its funny, im a phens fan but 2c-b was my least favourite.
My experiences on it included:
intense vasoconstriction and i didnt enjoy that trip
My one and only psychosis. Had 2c-b following mdma. Done this numerous times with other 2c's but this one night i had a very real and difficult battle with entities.

Hmm.. Shulgin had a specific vision for that serial combo, didn't he..

I don't want to dig into anyone's personal life in public too deeply, but could you tell me whether it might have had something to do with that?

Do you mean my desire to try 2c-x with MDMA or specifically after it? Sure, it influenced me to try it.
Also disolving crystal mdma in a small amount of water followed by fruit juice is my favourite way to dose mdma, it was influenced by reading shulgins work.

My general approach to trying new RCs was also influenced from him.

However, my experiences were unique and uninfluenced.
Its like friend taking lsd with weed and suggesting its a good idea, that influenced me but the outcomes i owned.

I mean, I wouldn't have expected 2C-B after MDMA to give any problems, unless perhaps because of personal factors that could apply to me as well if I choose to engage in it at some future point..

Some of my fave "other psychedelics":
2C-D is a really great short acting recreational psychedelic. I've mostly enjoyed it in the range of 15-25mg. It's great for a night out, dancing, socializing.
2C-E is damn interesting and powerful. To me it's like a high-tech variation on Mescaline.
AL-LAD is a more colourful, silly and short acting variation on LSD
ETH-LAD is a whopping powerhouse of a psychedelic, also a variation on LSD
5-MeO-DMT is extremely short acting and ego shattering, one of the pinnacles amongst psychedelics.

I also stopped using cannabis reguarly since last year the only time i smoke now is only a few times on acid or shrooms if im really wanting to push myself out deep into the unknown but this usually backfires and results in a very dark trip til the weed wears off.
I can fully relate to this. In a lot of ways I can relate closely to your experiences and general ways of regarding certain things. I still use cannabis regularly but long have I needed to make huge changes with how I use it in particular I should stop vaporizing and just stick to edibles but cannabis has been the only drug I have been able to tolerate over the years and I have used it as a coping tool rightly or wrongly for severe depression and anxiety and just generally an empty and otherwise boring existence.

But I'm getting much closer to envisaging life without using cannabis the same way any longer and I have been cutting down and feeling less mentally dependent.

My real wish is to trip regularly but I really cannot get myself well enough to face it currently. The irony is it would help me so much to do it but I'm in too much of a bad shape to face the initial ordeal. I mean if just waking up each day feels unbearable how can you take acid on that same day? So it's a Catch-22 and I think I'm going to have to start the microdosing first because this I can approach and will probably resolve my situation if it can work for me as it has for many others.

But on this point you make about cannabis I have always struggled with the idea of not using cannabis when I trip it just wouldn't feel right to me. Even though I totally agree with what you say about the effect it has and it certainly is not entirely positive but even the complete opposite as you report.

I still feel as though it adds so much to the acid and I really like the intensity of it without having to take huge doses of acid in the first place. So I can genuinely see the point in my life in the near future when I do not vaporise cannabis but only use edibles for digestive support but this can actually feel like you are not even using cannabis you are always on a certain baseline.

And that is why I do vaporize weed because I barely notice the high from edibles when used daily.
It's a bit of a tease it would be easier to not have anything. But I am determined to improve my life and the microdosing may help me to to at least take frequent days off of cannabis vaporizing.

So then I will trip eventually, and I expect like yourself I will often want to experience that intensity and probably it will be more intense and darker due to a lower tolerance do cannabis vaporization.

But at the same time, it will be better, with greater appreciation for the weed, better overall health and mindset. I would then be able to let my hair down and enjoy the weed for several days enhancing the Afterglow of the trip as it does for me very strongly for up to a week.

That is the sort of plan anyway if it comes together.

Last edited:
My one and only psychosis. Had 2c-b following mdma. Done this numerous times with other 2c's but this one night i had a very real and difficult battle with entities.

Maybe the MDMA was just too strong? In recent years, the strength of MDMA presses has increased massively, and it stands to reason that the same would go for the purity of powder MDMA.

At ultra-high doses (say ~400 mg of MDMA), some users report almost deliriant-like effects, probably because there's just so much serotonin floating around randomly activating your receptors, in addition to a direct psychedelic action from MDMA's more psychedelic metabolite, MDA. Compounding that psychedelic activity with another psychedelic like 2C-B might just push one over the edge.

Some of my fave "other psychedelics":
2C-D is a really great short acting recreational psychedelic. I've mostly enjoyed it in the range of 15-25mg. It's great for a night out, dancing, socializing.
2C-E is damn interesting and powerful. To me it's like a high-tech variation on Mescaline.
AL-LAD is a more colourful, silly and short acting variation on LSD
ETH-LAD is a whopping powerhouse of a psychedelic, also a variation on LSD
5-MeO-DMT is extremely short acting and ego shattering, one of the pinnacles amongst psychedelics.
I have just recently been introduced to DMT. It's really interesting in that you have more control of how far down the rabbit hole you go. I layer the powder between weed and you can really feel when it hits. Then for me I can stop and enjoy a mild visual display or smoke more and can no longer stand and ride it out. I think I am still figuring that one out. I would be interested in trying 2C-D. It sounds similar to Molly where as DMT I am pretty much useless.

2C-D is super versatile, but it's nothing like the love flood of MDMA.

It reDuCe2 the phenethylamine experience to its bare bones, so you can get easily creative with combos and such.

Or you can appreciate its blandness as subtlety, which I do.

Yes, 2C-D is nothing like the love flood of MDMA, but it is like a light dose of MDMA, minus the burnout and health risks. I love how it's so unobtrusive. MDMA feels like it's forcing me to love everything and everyone. With 2C-D you still have agency, everything is just turned up a notch or two. The next day I feel refreshed and happy.
Barebones phenethylamine is a good way to put it. It is kind of hard to put your finger on it because it's so simple and transparent.