View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Other" Psychedelics

Delusional Thomas

Bluelighter
I've only experimented with the "basic" psychedelics... Shrooms, LSD and (smoked) DMT. But I'm interested in trying some others. All these different letters and numbers are a little overwhelming, so I'm not even sure where to start my research to figure out what to try next lol

Aside from the first three I mentioned, what does everybody else enjoy, and why?

Edit: That question may be a little broad... How about, what's your FAVORITE outside of those three?

Last edited:
This starters guide might be helpful.

Lots of different psychedelics available, but people start mostly with the popular tryptamines which are very cool psychedelics, 4-HO-MET & 4-HO-MiPT are widely available and most people seem to love them, seems like a good starting point.
When I got into RCs I just read loads of trip reports about many psychedelics, and I went through forum posts or big & dandies (links available in the psychedelic index on top) and after a while you get the hang of the letters and numbers and what everything means, it comes fast.

Personally, I've never had a psychedelic that I didn't enjoy or at least didn't get something useful out of, they're all a unique and full experience on their own. Read up, get a scale and test the chemicals, but above all, happy researching :)

This starters guide might be helpful.

Lots of different psychedelics available, but people start mostly with the popular tryptamines which are very cool psychedelics, 4-HO-MET & 4-HO-MiPT are widely available and most people seem to love them, seems like a good starting point.
When I got into RCs I just read loads of trip reports about many psychedelics, and I went through forum posts or big & dandies (links available in the psychedelic index on top) and after a while you get the hang of the letters and numbers and what everything means, it comes fast.

Personally, I've never had a psychedelic that I didn't enjoy or at least didn't get something useful out of, they're all a unique and full experience on their own. Read up, get a scale and test the chemicals, but above all, happy researching :)
Holy information! Thank you for the link.

I've also enjoyed all my experiences and I try to take something positive away from every one of them. I will definitely look into some of these and check out trip reports to see what fits my interests/needs. Even though I find that research only does so much until you're actually in the middle of a life altering trip lol then nothing matters except to exist in that beautiful moment. ?

I recently acquired a new scale that is great for small doses. The 0.00 scale I had was pretty useless for weighing anything under 0.5g. I also have a marquis reagent test kit, but I think I need to get some of the others.

Yeah you never 'understand' a drug until you really try it. They're all special in some way, you can't really go very wrong, but it always depends on what you're looking for.

Yeah you never 'understand' a drug until you really try it. They're all special in some way, you can't really go very wrong, but it always depends on what you're looking for.
I agree. And I've been fortunate enough to never have a bad trip (yet). I've experienced some dark shit, but I never try to fight it. I always face it head on and let the substance guide me to find the solution so I can heal from it.

I don't like to take these substances just to "see some weird shit." I'm more into learning and healing. Not to say that the walls breathing/melting isn't also totally fucking cool ?

LSD is my favorite alot of novel psychedelics each offer a unique trip. Something about LSD and going so far on it i know whats it can do which is anything and everything. I Also like to test out various combos with LSD to see just what happens. I dont know if will revist 1000 ug + ever again after two trips at that level seeing every single life event and more and past lives twice is more than enough and still sends me chills when the future events of my life keep comming true that i saw on those trips.

Mushrooms are alright good for healing mental health.

eth-lad is even more fucking insane than LSD at high doses this compound can get you so far out there across the timespace continuum.

I've only experimented with the "basic" psychedelics... Shrooms, LSD and (smoked) DMT. But I'm interested in trying some others. All these different letters and numbers are a little overwhelming, so I'm not even sure where to start my research to figure out what to try next lol

Aside from the first three I mentioned, what does everybody else enjoy, and why?

Edit: That question may be a little broad... How about, what's your FAVORITE outside of those three?
What's wrong with the "basic" psychedelics such as LSD, mushies, and DMT?

You are right though... All of these different letters and numbers are freaking Me out too, Mate.

Outside of those... My favorite psychedelics are Cannabis, MDA, MDMA [ecstasy], and ketamine.

I don't do cocaine; truly because it IS NOT a psychedelic.

What is it that you aspire to get out of your experiences? When, where, and especially why do you take them?

LSD is my favorite alot of novel psychedelics each offer a unique trip. Something about LSD and going so far on it i know whats it can do which is anything and everything. I Also like to test out various combos with LSD to see just what happens. I dont know if will revist 1000 ug + ever again after two trips at that level seeing every single life event and more and past lives twice is more than enough and still sends me chills when the future events of my life keep comming true that i saw on those trips.

Mushrooms are alright good for healing mental health.

eth-lad is even more fucking insane than LSD at high doses this compound can get you so far out there across the timespace continuum.
I don't think I'm ready for heroic doses like that! lol But I'll definitely do some research on eth-lad.

What's wrong with the "basic" psychedelics such as LSD, mushies, and DMT?

You are right though... All of these different letters and numbers are freaking Me out too, Mate.
Nothing wrong with those at all! I'll always love them and respect them. I'm just interested in exploring the psychedelic world a little further. Those 3 will forever be my go to choices.

What is it that you aspire to get out of your experiences? When, where, and especially why do you take them?
That's a tricky one for me... Sometimes I'm dealing with something specific that I need help sorting out. Other times I'll take them with no intention other than to escape reality for a little while and just go with the flow observing and learning whatever they decide to teach me. And sometimes I just need to hit the mental reset button and have my ego crushed completely.

I think that at least answers the why. As for the when and where, I'm usually at home by myself. Clean house, dim lights and maybe some relaxing music. I really enjoy deep diving alone with no outside distractions. Plus most of my friends are terrified of psychedelics lol

Although the classics have a history of safe use, and as such, as proven safe, you also have to remember that "RC" is not a type of drug. LSD and MDMA used to be "RCs". The stuff in Shulgin's works (PIHKAL and TIHKAL) are all closely related to the classics. Some of them have been used by humans since the 60s and 70s. 2C-B is an example, it's been a fairly popular drug since he 70s/80s and there are no cases of problems that I'm aware of. There are some to watch out for, like the NBOMes. But there are some fantastic psychedelics that rank right up there with the classics. Some of my favorites:

2C-E - Hands down the most intensely psychedelic substance I've ever consumed. It's in a league of its own
DOC - Kind of similar to LSD but different in a beautiful way
AMT - Has just as long a history of use as LSD. It's like a cross between LSD and MDMA sort of, but not like a candyflip. I prefer it to MDMA.

Any of the 2C-X series pretty much is great. Any tryptamine (unsubstituted, 4 substituted, also I like most 5 substituted ones but some people don't) are great drugs.

There's a whole world of psychedelics out there. That said, LSD has it all, and mushrooms have given me the most profound experience of my life (actually 2C-E ties it, but in a totally different way). You don't NEED to venture out, but if you're the exploratory type like many of us here, there are a ton of worthwhile substances to investigate. Some purists think that only the classics are worthwhile, but they should remember that both LSD and MDMA are synthetic and were only discovered and popularized by random chance. If things had gone differently, they could both be "RCs" right now and, say, 2C-E could be the gold standard that everyone measures everything by (and it could be, let me tell you).

Although the classics have a history of safe use, and as such, as proven safe, you also have to remember that "RC" is not a type of drug. LSD and MDMA used to be "RCs". The stuff in Shulgin's works (PIHKAL and TIHKAL) are all closely related to the classics. Some of them have been used by humans since the 60s and 70s. 2C-B is an example, it's been a fairly popular drug since he 70s/80s and there are no cases of problems that I'm aware of. There are some to watch out for, like the NBOMes. But there are some fantastic psychedelics that rank right up there with the classics. Some of my favorites:

2C-E - Hands down the most intensely psychedelic substance I've ever consumed. It's in a league of its own
DOC - Kind of similar to LSD but different in a beautiful way
AMT - Has just as long a history of use as LSD. It's like a cross between LSD and MDMA sort of, but not like a candyflip. I prefer it to MDMA.

Any of the 2C-X series pretty much is great. Any tryptamine (unsubstituted, 4 substituted, also I like most 5 substituted ones but some people don't) are great drugs.

There's a whole world of psychedelics out there. That said, LSD has it all, and mushrooms have given me the most profound experience of my life (actually 2C-E ties it, but in a totally different way). You don't NEED to venture out, but if you're the exploratory type like many of us here, there are a ton of worthwhile substances to investigate. Some purists think that only the classics are worthwhile, but they should remember that both LSD and MDMA are synthetic and were only discovered and popularized by random chance. If things had gone differently, they could both be "RCs" right now and, say, 2C-E could be the gold standard that everyone measures everything by (and it could be, let me tell you).
I've heard of 2C-B before. And I only heard about NBOMe and DOC because I heard some people were out there trying to pass them off as LSD. Which I didn't understand because LSD is already so cheap and fairly easy to obtain. And it seems that the effects are different enough to be able to tell.

I know I don't NEED to venture out. But after some of the beautiful experiences I've had on other substances, my desire to explore even more is at an all time high right now lol All in due time though. I don't want to force something if the time isn't right. I know that could lead to an unpleasant experience.

But thank you for your reply! I definitely have a lot of research to do.

Back like 7-10 years ago, LSD was not cheap at all, there wasn't a lot of it, and DOC, DOB and DOI were more available, and were often passed off as LSD. Which is, of course, fucked up. But then a bit later, the NBOMes became available for incredibly cheap and irresponsible people distributed massively dosed blotters (not too dissimilar from in the 60s when DOM was distributed in massive 20mg doses as "STP", except that NBOMes are far more dangerous), which was much worse. In any case, this period of DOXs as fake LSD got DOC/etc a bad name for some. However, in reality, they are great drugs. DOC is every bit as good as LSD, just different.

Just spend some time here and participate. And read Erowid reports. When I joined here 13 years ago I didn't know much of anything.

I started out when i was young with LSD, Psilocybin, Nitrous and MDMA and used that through my teens and had an amazing journey that kicked everything off. But when i was in my 20's and got into RC's it felt like the Heavens parted for me. I've had the opportunity to try alot of special compounds over the years my favorite two series are the a 2C's and 4 subs like Xorkoth and Buzz had mentioned up above.

The later are unscheduled in some countries which is wonderful. Two good ones I'd recommend to start with are 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET, both complete gems and not to hard to find. Sadly the 2C's are much harder to get ahold of but where there is a will there is a way. Your best bet is to study the Psychedelic Index like Buzz was saying, and from there search the interwebz as well for more info, good luck and Happy Trails.

Charlie ? ✨

Last edited:
Back like 7-10 years ago, LSD was not cheap at all, there wasn't a lot of it, and DOC, DOB and DOI were more available, and were often passed off as LSD. Which is, of course, fucked up. But then a bit later, the NBOMes became available for incredibly cheap and irresponsible people distributed massively dosed blotters (not too dissimilar from in the 60s when DOM was distributed in massive 20mg doses as "STP", except that NBOMes are far more dangerous), which was much worse. In any case, this period of DOXs as fake LSD got DOC/etc a bad name for some. However, in reality, they are great drugs. DOC is every bit as good as LSD, just different.

Just spend some time here and participate. And read Erowid reports. When I joined here 13 years ago I didn't know much of anything.
That's such bullshit. I'm assuming the other drugs being passed off as LSD weren't popular at the time? I wish people would just be honest about what they have! They might find people who still want it. Like fentanyl being pressed into fake oxys when there's people out there that would be more than happy to buy fentanyl if they were just honest about it! Instead, people are getting fucked up because they don't know what they're taking...

Trust me, this place has already taught me so much. Registering was one of the smartest choices I've made in a while lol And I'll always check out Erowid for specific information and trip reports. Been going there since I was a kid. ?

2c-b is a fun and relatively light hearted one provided dosage and setting is all ok. Makes me feel a bit queezy sometimes but always had pleasant visual experiences with it. It reminds me of LSD without the feeling of my brain being put in a nutri-bullet for 8 hours lol. Then again everyone is different so start slow if you haven't tried already

I started out when i was young with LSD, Psilocybin, Nitrous and MDMA and used that through my teens and had an amazing journey that kicked everything off. But when i was in my 20's and got into RC's it felt like the Heavens parted for me. I've had the opportunity to try alot of special compounds over the years my favorite two series are the a 2C's and 4 subs like Xorkoth and Buzz had mentioned up above.

The later are unscheduled in some countries which ia wonderful. Two good ones I'd recommend to start with are 4-AcO-DMT and 4-HO-MET, both complete gems and not to hard to find. Sadly the 2C's are much harder to get ahold of bit where there is a will there is a way. Your best bet is to study the Psychedelic Index like Buzz was saying, and from there search the interwebz as well for more info, good luck and Happy Trails.

Charlie ? ✨
Ahh, I used to love nitrous! lol

I'm definitely taking notes on everything you guys mentioned. I'm gonna check out the index and the link that Buzz shared. I plan to research and study my ass off before I try anything new. I truly appreciate the suggestions and how helpful everybody has been on here.

2c-b is a fun and relatively light hearted one provided dosage and setting is all ok. Makes me feel a bit queezy sometimes but always had pleasant visual experiences with it. It reminds me of LSD without the feeling of my brain being put in a nutri-bullet for 8 hours lol. Then again everyone is different so start slow if you haven't tried already
Although I sometimes appreciate the brain in the nutri-bullet, I like the idea of having another option that isn't as intense lol Of course I'll start slow since I've never done it before. I rather build up slowly to see what I can handle before I dive in head first and end up somewhere I don't wanna be.

the best psychedelics regarding insightfulness and hedonism where the tryptamines 5meo-mipt and 4aco-dipt and doi, doc and 2c-c-nbome in the phenethylamine departement. these are defenitely some to get ones hands on.