• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"Other" Psychedelics

the best psychedelics regarding insightfulness and hedonism where the tryptamines 5meo-mipt and 4aco-dipt and doi, doc and 2c-c-nbome in the phenethylamine departement. these are defenitely some to get ones hands on.
I'll just be happy when I can look at all these numbers and letters and understand what everybody's talking about ?

I'll get there soon enough though. ?

Although I sometimes appreciate the brain in the nutri-bullet, I like the idea of having another option that isn't as intense lol Of course I'll start slow since I've never done it before. I rather build up slowly to see what I can handle before I dive in head first and end up somewhere I don't wanna be.
Yeah 2c-b is very pleasant at normal doses but a seemingly low ceiling in terms of reaching a point where your body just feels completely fucked in a bad way so keep it sensible. You can get it in pills or powder- I've always found pills are sold quoted with much more active ingredient than they actually contain ... 20mg of powder is a sweet spot for me but then I had pills sold as 20mg-25mg several times which did sweet fuck all till I had 2-3 of em. I will admit I got a bit impatient one time and took 4- that's the only time I over did it and it just made my body feel too weird to enjoy the high: generally nauseated, relatively strong muscle tremors and finding it kinda difficult to move around.

Yeah 2c-b is very pleasant at normal doses but a seemingly low ceiling in terms of reaching a point where your body just feels completely fucked in a bad way so keep it sensible. You can get it in pills or powder- I've always found pills are sold quoted with much more active ingredient than they actually contain ... 20mg of powder is a sweet spot for me but then I had pills sold as 20mg-25mg several times which did sweet fuck all till I had 2-3 of em. I will admit I got a bit impatient one time and took 4- that's the only time I over did it and it just made my body feel too weird to enjoy the high: generally nauseated, relatively strong muscle tremors and finding it kinda difficult to move around.
After a horrific marijuana edible experience, I've learned it's better to wait before I decide I'm not high enough and redose lol I would definitely be careful. And I always keep benzos around just in case shit becomes unbearable. Assuming they'd have the same "abort mission" effect on some of these RC's that they have on the psychedelics I'm already familiar with.

Marijuana has caused me the worst anxiety of my life. I am more comfortable taking LSD/etc than I am smoking weed these days. I haven't always felt that way. But strong oral weed is majorly strong and can cause horrendous anxiety and panic attacks moreso than pretty much anything else, unless you do it all the time.

But yeah benzos will either calm or abort any psychedelic (depending on dose). They're a good tool to have. They won't really ever totally abort it but they'll get you back on track and substantially reduce the trip.

I also stopped using cannabis reguarly since last year the only time i smoke now is only a few times on acid or shrooms if im really wanting to push myself out deep into the unknown but this usually backfires and results in a very dark trip til the weed wears off.

Marijuana has caused me the worst anxiety of my life. I am more comfortable taking LSD/etc than I am smoking weed these days. I haven't always felt that way. But strong oral weed is majorly strong and can cause horrendous anxiety and panic attacks moreso than pretty much anything else, unless you do it all the time.

But yeah benzos will either calm or abort any psychedelic (depending on dose). They're a good tool to have. They won't really ever totally abort it but they'll get you back on track and substantially reduce the trip.
That's interesting. Because I feel the same way. I figured for sure my first LSD trip would have given me extreme anxiety so I had some Xanax around just in case. Didn't even consider popping it at any point throughout my trip ?‍♂️

I also stopped using cannabis reguarly since last year the only time i smoke now is only a few times on acid or shrooms if im really wanting to push myself out deep into the unknown but this usually backfires and results in a very dark trip til the weed wears off.
Yeah I tend to stay away from weed when I'm tripping. When I was younger I'd smoke on mushrooms with no problems. But it doesn't seem to help so much these days.

Yeah I tend to stay away from weed when I'm tripping. When I was younger I'd smoke on mushrooms with no problems. But it doesn't seem to help so much these days.
I use to smoke alot on many trips but the combo left a few scars on my psychedelic experince theres only so much hardcore gore evil and demonic visuals and been rip apart at the sub atomic level i can handle. Too many times it has left me wondering im ever coming back to planet earth or i have finally lose my mind. Thank fuck a few hours later i come down from the weed and can enjoy the rest of the trip. I find the combo still has some worth but you need very good music and a good setting and set before embarking into the deep waters.

Great thread. The reddit post to beginners guide is really good.
Its also worth establishing if you prefer the earthiness of tryptamines or the sparkly fun of phenethylamines. I personally prefer phenethylamines, but am confortable with both. Understanding this will help you pick a direction of chems to play with

That's such bullshit. I'm assuming the other drugs being passed off as LSD weren't popular at the time? I wish people would just be honest about what they have! They might find people who still want it.

RC vendors were generally selling NBOMe's as NBOMe's on the net. However, because they were so cheap, plenty of dealers were re-selling on the street as "LSD" or "mescaline" (even though an active dose of mescaline cannot fit on a blotter). Let's face it, barely anyone even knows what 2C-B is, and that is probably one of the more popular psychedelics - far fewer have ever heard of things like DOC or 25I-NBOMe (especially back in the day, where it was effectively unknown outside of a small circle of neuroscientists trying to label serotonin receptors), and they're consequently much harder to sell.

The problem with LSD is that it's not like meth, where any idiot can set up a "lab" in their tool shed with a few relatively basic ingredients. Making LSD has significantly higher barriers to entry, both in terms of quality of the equipment / skill of the chemist, and the availability of a very difficult-to-source precursor (ergotamine or lysergic acid). Once you have all those, however, a single lab can theoretically supply an entire continent - after all, just 1 kilo of LSD would be enough to make more than 10 million hits. This means that when a major lab gets busted, supply drops dramatically.

NBOMe's, on the other hand, are considerably easier to synthesize, and used to be completely unscheduled in either China or the West, so it was easy for RC vendors to find random Chinese labs willing to churn them out on the cheap. So when ~10 years ago, there was a massive drought of affordable LSD, dealers were only too happy to step in by selling NBOMe's as LSD.

Nowadays, most of the NBOMe's are banned even in China, and LSD is once again easily available, so the chance of stumbling across fake acid is considerably lower than it used to be.

Seconding the recommendation of having benzos around when venturing out into new psychedelic spaces. I myself have had extremely negative experiences from psilocybin mushrooms and other tryptamines, to the point where I'll probably have to save some trip reports for my death bed. In the absence of a trusted trip sitter, timely benzo intake would have prevented this.

Then again, people with daily-life anxiety can gravitate towards abusing benzos, so that piece of advice too can't be generalized. And even the warning that there's an off-chance of these more innocent substances turning incredibly dark can in itself implant a seed for a so-called bad trip in others. There's always some level of conundrum with these matters, it remains a fundamentally adventurous undertaking.

DXM is a nice chemical to try out if you ever feel you've messed up your mind through tripping. Somewhat of a cross between the psychedelics and the dissociatives, but very hard to abuse. Therefore I'd say it's more of an inoculation against rather than introduction into the dangers of dissociatives, which are the more criticized, somewhat dehumanizing variety of psychoplastogens. It took the insane power of MXE to have had me slipping into disso abuse.. and it took the dubious idea of upping DPH intake during DXM trips (eventually leading to exploring the delirium of DPH on its own) to bring me close to something resembling irreversible brain damage. (Yet it still doesn't measure up to the brain damage called cultural conditioning.. a philosophical point..)

But just to be clear: psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants are three distinct groups of hallucinogens, although some substances jump the fence. It's handy to keep this in mind as some sort of map, though you likely want to stick to the first group and melt your heartmind into a rainbow fractalator and all that, lol.

Great thread. The reddit post to beginners guide is really good.
Its also worth establishing if you prefer the earthiness of tryptamines or the sparkly fun of phenethylamines. I personally prefer phenethylamines, but am confortable with both. Understanding this will help you pick a direction of chems to play with
I've been researching the differences between these 2 classes and seeing which drugs I've taken from each one. I can't say that I have a real preference yet. So far, my DMT experiences have been my favorite. But I'm not sure that I can say I prefer tryptamines for that reason alone. Guess I just gotta play with both lol

RC vendors were generally selling NBOMe's as NBOMe's on the net. However, because they were so cheap, plenty of dealers were re-selling on the street as "LSD" or "mescaline" (even though an active dose of mescaline cannot fit on a blotter). Let's face it, barely anyone even knows what 2C-B is, and that is probably one of the more popular psychedelics - far fewer have ever heard of things like DOC or 25I-NBOMe (especially back in the day, where it was effectively unknown outside of a small circle of neuroscientists trying to label serotonin receptors), and they're consequently much harder to sell.

The problem with LSD is that it's not like meth, where any idiot can set up a "lab" in their tool shed with a few relatively basic ingredients. Making LSD has significantly higher barriers to entry, both in terms of quality of the equipment / skill of the chemist, and the availability of a very difficult-to-source precursor (ergotamine or lysergic acid). Once you have all those, however, a single lab can theoretically supply an entire continent - after all, just 1 kilo of LSD would be enough to make more than 10 million hits. This means that when a major lab gets busted, supply drops dramatically.

NBOMe's, on the other hand, are considerably easier to synthesize, and used to be completely unscheduled in either China or the West, so it was easy for RC vendors to find random Chinese labs willing to churn them out on the cheap. So when ~10 years ago, there was a massive drought of affordable LSD, dealers were only too happy to step in by selling NBOMe's as LSD.

Nowadays, most of the NBOMe's are banned even in China, and LSD is once again easily available, so the chance of stumbling across fake acid is considerably lower than it used to be.
Man, I swear I've learned more on this site in one week than I've learned over years of google searching lol I had no idea there was that much behind the "fake" LSD rumors I used to hear. Then again, I just hear what high people heard from other high people who may or may not have the right information. Thank you for giving me a better understanding. I'm glad LSD is easy to find again. But I will always test my shit just to be safe!

Seconding the recommendation of having benzos around when venturing out into new psychedelic spaces. I myself have had extremely negative experiences from psilocybin mushrooms and other tryptamines, to the point where I'll probably have to save some trip reports for my death bed. In the absence of a trusted trip sitter, timely benzo intake would have prevented this.

Then again, people with daily-life anxiety can gravitate towards abusing benzos, so that piece of advice too can't be generalized. And even the warning that there's an off-chance of these more innocent substances turning incredibly dark can in itself implant a seed for a so-called bad trip in others. There's always some level of conundrum with these matters, it remains a fundamentally adventurous undertaking.

DXM is a nice chemical to try out if you ever feel you've messed up your mind through tripping. Somewhat of a cross between the psychedelics and the dissociatives, but very hard to abuse. Therefore I'd say it's more of an inoculation against rather than introduction into the dangers of dissociatives, which are the more criticized, somewhat dehumanizing variety of psychoplastogens. It took the insane power of MXE to have had me slipping into disso abuse.. and it took the dubious idea of upping DPH intake during DXM trips (eventually leading to exploring the delirium of DPH on its own) to bring me close to something resembling irreversible brain damage. (Yet it still doesn't measure up to the brain damage called cultural conditioning.. a philosophical point..)

But just to be clear: psychedelics, dissociatives and deliriants are three distinct groups of hallucinogens, although some substances jump the fence. It's handy to keep this in mind as some sort of map, though you likely want to stick to the first group and melt your heartmind into a rainbow fractalator and all that, lol.
I find it interesting that most bad trip stories I hear come from mushrooms. I always would have assumed that the "more intense" longer lasting drugs would be the ones to cause it. But I was surprised to find out that LSD gave me wayyy less anxiety than mushrooms. But I know that any of these experiences can take a dark turn. I've been lucky so far, but I'll always have benzos around just in case. I think just knowing that they're there during a trip helps a little bit psychologically.

My only experience with DXM was "robotripping" when I was in my teens. It was fun, but strange. And always left me feeling so weird the next day. I didn't think I'd ever do it again, but I saw a thread recently where somebody discussed extracting it from the cough syrup. Now I'm a little curious to know what pure DXM feels like.

Its funny, im a phens fan but 2c-b was my least favourite.
My experiences on it included:
intense vasoconstriction and i didnt enjoy that trip
My one and only psychosis. Had 2c-b following mdma. Done this numerous times with other 2c's but this one night i had a very real and difficult battle with entities.

I had numerous friends enjoy ,y 2c-b which was tested as well. It was 2c-b for sure just not a chem i enjoyed.

I can only recall those two experiences but do think i had a couple of pleasant experiences on it too.
All other 2c's i enjoyed to no end. 2c-i was my favourite tho

Like Xorkoth, I was extremely awed by 2C-E due to the sheer intensity of the mental and sensory experience I had on it.

While I've never had 2C-B, I wasn't too impressed by 2C-C and 2C-D which a lot of people claim are somewhat similar to 2C-B (possibly even more mellow), though my main issue was probably their relatively short duration, which is similar to that of shrooms (whereas 2C-E is similar in duration to LSD).

I did like 2C-B-FLY, even though some people found that one a bit disappointing... for me, the headspace was pretty mellow and the tactile amplification was extremely pleasant, with the duration being similar to LSD, so even if I ever got my hands on some 2C-B, I kind of have a feeling I'd still prefer 2C-B-FLY as a "party" psychedelic.

My fave rarer psychedelic would have to be ETH-LAD, though. It is an analogue of LSD that is even more potent at causing visual hallucinations, and is notorious for having a steep dose-response curve: At 100 micrograms, the trip is mostly dominated by beautiful visuals, whereas at 200 micrograms, the mental effects can easily be mind-blowing, overwhelming or both; at 300 micrograms, the experience has been described as "getting curbstomped by god for 6 hours straight"o_O

2C-E is crazy intense yeah, it might seem like there's not that much going on, but when you dive in, all thoughts perpetuate and you can go so deep as though 15 minutes have passed but it's only like a minute at most. But then again it's possible to kinda shut off the intensity for a while for me. Hard to find nowadays though.
Recently gave 16mg to a friend and he told it was nice but it was much less mental than 4-HO-MET, I was véry surprised.

As for tryptamines 4-HO-MiPT is a gem and probably my favorite, always had extremely pleasant experiences on it with long afterglows.

Recently gave 16mg to a friend and he told it was nice but it was much less mental than 4-HO-MET, I was véry surprised.

How much 4-HO-MET did he have to compare it to? I suppose 40+ mg's of 4-HO-MET might actually be stronger than 16 mg of 2C-E.
I probably wouldn't be overwhelmed by 16 mg of 2C-E either.

At 25 mg though, my field of vision was warping into a toroidal shape à la Alex Grey (note: I don't even like Alex Grey), and my inner voice suddenly turned into a 1970's BBC newsreader (note: I'm not British, and wasn't alive in the 1970's) giving a heartfelt apology for the ongoing breakdown of my sanity.
Even at 20 mg, the effects on cognition and the time dilation were mind-blowing.

Shulgin wrote that some people already got a +3 experience out of as little as 10mg, while others took the dose up to 30mg. The reports he quotes in PIHKAL were at 16 to 25mg.

I really like how one of these trip reports describes looking out the window and having the entire scenery freeze into an oil painting, whereas the next report describes looking at an actual painting and having it come alive with unceasing action, to the point where the user became exhausted.

I find it fascinating thinking about who tf is making acid and where? Like where the fuck do you get the lab for that? Some crazy shit...drugs find a way man lol

Although the classics have a history of safe use, and as such, as proven safe, you also have to remember that "RC" is not a type of drug. LSD and MDMA used to be "RCs". The stuff in Shulgin's works (PIHKAL and TIHKAL) are all closely related to the classics. Some of them have been used by humans since the 60s and 70s. 2C-B is an example, it's been a fairly popular drug since he 70s/80s and there are no cases of problems that I'm aware of. There are some to watch out for, like the NBOMes. But there are some fantastic psychedelics that rank right up there with the classics. Some of my favorites:

2C-E - Hands down the most intensely psychedelic substance I've ever consumed. It's in a league of its own
DOC - Kind of similar to LSD but different in a beautiful way
AMT - Has just as long a history of use as LSD. It's like a cross between LSD and MDMA sort of, but not like a candyflip. I prefer it to MDMA.

Any of the 2C-X series pretty much is great. Any tryptamine (unsubstituted, 4 substituted, also I like most 5 substituted ones but some people don't) are great drugs.

There's a whole world of psychedelics out there. That said, LSD has it all, and mushrooms have given me the most profound experience of my life (actually 2C-E ties it, but in a totally different way). You don't NEED to venture out, but if you're the exploratory type like many of us here, there are a ton of worthwhile substances to investigate. Some purists think that only the classics are worthwhile, but they should remember that both LSD and MDMA are synthetic and were only discovered and popularized by random chance. If things had gone differently, they could both be "RCs" right now and, say, 2C-E could be the gold standard that everyone measures everything by (and it could be, let me tell you).
Gotta get me some 2C-E....love 2C-B