• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oramorph (Instant release?)

Ok, never mind, I'll see if enough for a cup or whatever. Or mix with the seeds from the pods if they've got seeds in still.

I thought 4000 sounded loads lol, live and learn. Hopefully I get on well with the pods, which you said is good value, plus got a coffee grinder, good reviews for £11, so win some, loss some.

If I like the pods, I'll probably just get another say 3x 500 gram bags, which only £60-70

Then I'll just stick to the pods. If its that easy to get, hopefully, high quality. Plus that was from a fancy florist, so I could probably get same thing if I Internet hunt miles cheaper anyway.

If I see a bargain for seeds and can get say 1kg I'll do that otherwise if pods are much better then pods it is lol

Cheers buddy

I agree with this. Its awful stuff. also its REALLY bad for your liver. ppl have sued over here i believe; I used to use it and was even prescribed it during a methadone maintenance time of my life. I should sue lol. It should have been removed from the shelves.

Yeah. I've heard of people reporting weight gains over up to 100lbs on Quetiapine.
It actually landed me in hospital! I have no history of high blood sugary or diabetes and also no family history. By the measurement used in the UK, 5 is the average blood sugar level, with 4-7 being normal. The tool used to measure your blood sugar can test results of anywhere up to 30 and my blood sugar was consistently so high that the machine couldn't read it. I was hospitalised and misdiagnosed as an insulin-dependant diabetic.
I felt like SHIT on the insulin. I did some research on Quetiapine and found it can cause hyperglycaemia and even diabetes. So I stopped taking both the Quetiapine and in the insulin and within a couple months my blood sugars were completely normal again.

Yeah. I've heard of people reporting weight gains over up to 100lbs on Quetiapine.
It actually landed me in hospital! I have no history of high blood sugary or diabetes and also no family history. By the measurement used in the UK, 5 is the average blood sugar level, with 4-7 being normal. The tool used to measure your blood sugar can test results of anywhere up to 30 and my blood sugar was consistently so high that the machine couldn't read it. I was hospitalised and misdiagnosed as an insulin-dependant diabetic.
I felt like SHIT on the insulin. I did some research on Quetiapine and found it can cause hyperglycaemia and even diabetes. So I stopped taking both the Quetiapine and in the insulin and within a couple months my blood sugars were completely normal again.
My recent ex, who has been type 1 diabetic since 6, she's now 47!!!! Is on quetiapine funnily enough and has been for years. When she had her H1bac, which averages your blood sugars over last think it's 3 months never showed any change. Whenever mines been tested it's usually 3-5 range.

I have got hypothyroidism though (discovered about 5 years ago), which is what controls your metabolism, but on medication to control it. I have blood tests few times a year and actually my tsh number, which is the basic way to determine the thyroid comes back almost dangerously high!!!! 0.18 on last test.

I think it's either the more added stress with recent events or possibly the Morphine interacting 🤷‍♂️ might ask for another blood test. Waiting to be seen by sleep clinic to as my resting pulse and oxygenated blood saturation levels both very low at night. Things like sleep apnea etc can cause weight gain.

Oh, it's definitely the Quetiapine! It's the second-worst medication there is for weight gain (right after Olanzapine). It attacks you from all corners. It makes you have INTENSE carbohydrate cravings, makes you lethargic and tired, slows your metabolism, stops your stomach from sending signals to your brain that you are full (why is why you can binge on sugary carbs until your stomach is distended and still not feel satisfied) and it also stops your brain from receiving any signals from your stomach that might slip through.
People who regularly (2 times a week or more) self-induce vomiting on average have a metabolism that is 20% slower than those of the same age/gender/weight who do not. I use to be bulimic (like binging and purging up to 7 times a day). Even a few months after I stopped and got to a healthy (ish) weight, I maintained weight on 1700 calories a day. Now it's 3 years later and I maintain the same weight on closer to 2600. Sometimes your body just takes time to recover.
I've just reweighed myself, trying not to get obsessive with it but I've put on 2kg in 4 days!!!!! Back when I was obsessed and making myself sick I'd literally weigh myself at least 50 times a day. I'm going to stop taking the Venlafaxine and see if that helps.

If, when I get to see a psychiatrist, I'll say I'll only go on Wellbutrin, mood shit anyway, put on just under 2 stone in 3 months!!!! I've never felt any benefits from any anti depressants and I've been on loads over 25 years

What is oramouph even prescribed for?? For example what reason would a doctor prescribe oral morph over say codeine linctus or something weaker

Ps just wondering not trying to source
My IR Oramorph is prescribed for moderate - severe pain (daily and chronic) for my rare, incurable disease. Over a period of about 2 years, prior to being prescribed this, I trialled many other medications on the analgesic ladder but none helped with my daily pain. Thankfully, this does.

friend, as far as i know oramorph is NOT instant release, its extended so it acts more like opium tea than an oral hit of morphine. You are getting used to the morphine slowly only feeling subtle effects, just like opium tea. sure the valium should potentiate it, but morphine is poorly absorbed orally, add the fact that only so much is being released at a time, it takes a good 8 hours to build up to the levels you need to feel it, but think about this... during that time of building up you are also becoming tolerant to its effects. therefore you dont feel it as much as you should. the only way to counteract this is with high doses, but that also just builds your tolerance. I hope this explains it.

Incorrect. Oramorph IS instant release.