• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Oramorph (Instant release?)

Sk1500

Bluelighter
I know that Oramorph is supposed to be instant release, it's not time controlled etc.

I'm on 160mg (80ml) daily, plus usually 40mg diazepam throughout the day. I don't know why but if I ever do feel anything from it, it's only 90% of the time after about 12 hours that I do seem to get any effects.

Only been on morph for about 3 months, so apart from 10 years Codeine use it's not like I've got a big opiates tolerance. Wondering if other people have the same thing. Plus diazepam should potentiate it. Is it the build up of the half life during the day? I always wake up a few times nightly and it's usually about 3am that I feel it the most.

Also, why have I put on over a stone (16 pounds) since I've been on it?..... I only eat 1 meal a day, on thyroxine and the blood tests come back that my metabolism is fast, so not that and not constipation (anymore lol)

Cheers

friend, as far as i know oramorph is NOT instant release, its extended so it acts more like opium tea than an oral hit of morphine. You are getting used to the morphine slowly only feeling subtle effects, just like opium tea. sure the valium should potentiate it, but morphine is poorly absorbed orally, add the fact that only so much is being released at a time, it takes a good 8 hours to build up to the levels you need to feel it, but think about this... during that time of building up you are also becoming tolerant to its effects. therefore you dont feel it as much as you should. the only way to counteract this is with high doses, but that also just builds your tolerance. I hope this explains it.

When I search Oramorph it does show as being IR, along with Sevredol tablets and obviously IV, apparently the only 2 IR Morphine Sulfates. Lots of SR versions.

I usually only take 15/20 ml (30/40mg) a go and I suppose with tolerance that isn't much and its only adding to the stock throughout the day due to the half life.

Had 190mg today and 60mg diazepam and barely feel anything.

Tempted to buy bit of Lorazepam, Xanax or something else I've got no tolerance to into the mix. Only got 135mg for next 5 days.

Unfortunately as you said my tolerance has grown, inevitable I suppose but frustrating cos life feels pretty shit at mo and want to be switch brain off. Tried quite a few antihistamines, only one that sometimes works is cyclizine.

Need to be careful cos my resting pulse is low 40-50 and I'm not fit for that to be a good thing lol, plus poor oxygen saturation.

Cheers my friend

I always found pharmaceutical morphine (morphine sulfate) to be very poor orally as opposed to IV. for example, I would get a stronger effect from 1 gram of opium than i would from 150mg of morphine sulfate. Though technically the morphine dose should be stronger than that amount of oral opium. Nevertheless you still have your problem of it not working well enough. Perhaps morphine just isn't cutting it for you. However you could try to potentiate it with some things. I find these things lower your tolerance

-Agmatine Sulfate
-Ashwagandha
-DXM (temporal)
-cimetadine and antacids
-benedryl
aslo heard st johns wort potentiating morphine but there is controversy on that one

The DXM will definitely increase the effects of your morphine. The agmatine is a little more subtle, it helps you lower tolerance by say if you were to take less, it would help you get used to the lower dose much faster, almost right away, then you can go and take more and get a more pronounced effect. the ashwagandha changes the effects of morphine just a little, effectively keeping your tolerance from getting out of control.
some of these things increase the amount in your system, some reduce the amount you need to feel effects, and the ashwagandha helps restore your brain to normal.

I have had different degrees of success with each of these. But the best way is to abstain or reduce the morphine and then increase again.

Regards

OpiumWDsoldier

also if you find yourself running out of opiates early PM me, i can give you some alternative ideas to keep you comfy until you get more.

What is oramouph even prescribed for?? For example what reason would a doctor prescribe oral morph over say codeine linctus or something weaker

Ps just wondering not trying to source

also if you find yourself running out of opiates early PM me, i can give you some alternative ideas to keep you comfy until you get more.
I miss read that at first I thought you said"if you run out of opiates pm me and I'll send you some" fuck I need to go sleep 😣

I always found pharmaceutical morphine (morphine sulfate) to be very poor orally as opposed to IV. for example, I would get a stronger effect from 1 gram of opium than i would from 150mg of morphine sulfate. Though technically the morphine dose should be stronger than that amount of oral opium. Nevertheless you still have your problem of it not working well enough. Perhaps morphine just isn't cutting it for you. However you could try to potentiate it with some things. I find these things lower your tolerance

-Agmatine Sulfate
-Ashwagandha
-DXM (temporal)
-cimetadine and antacids
-benedryl
aslo heard st johns wort potentiating morphine but there is controversy on that one

The DXM will definitely increase the effects of your morphine. The agmatine is a little more subtle, it helps you lower tolerance by say if you were to take less, it would help you get used to the lower dose much faster, almost right away, then you can go and take more and get a more pronounced effect. the ashwagandha changes the effects of morphine just a little, effectively keeping your tolerance from getting out of control.
some of these things increase the amount in your system, some reduce the amount you need to feel effects, and the ashwagandha helps restore your brain to normal.

I have had different degrees of success with each of these. But the best way is to abstain or reduce the morphine and then increase again.

Regards

OpiumWDsoldier
I love dxm does Asda still sell the orange flavour dxm cough syrup anyone know??

Cheers mate

I keep seeing dxm pop up on different threads, not really sure what it is, either not something sold in England or I just don't know about it.

Funny enough I bought some Ashwagandha few weeks ago, not even for that really. My proper truly best friend, for last 20 years, out of the blue, killed himself by jumping in front of a train about 3 months ago, which is why I ended up taking Morphine.

I obviously totally went even further downhill and ended up spending 1000s on Amazon from vitamins (including Ashwagandha), to toiletries, wooden boxes and 100s of other bits. Guessing as a distraction bit Ashwagandha is one I take daily. Also tried benadryl and other antihistamines as well as antacids, not really noticed much difference tbh.

Haven't tried dxm, dunno if its otc here, haven't tried white grapefruit juice yet or John wort.

Guess that growing tolerance is the main thing, could try knocking down to say 60mg daily for a week and seeing. Just feeling it now, 14 hours after 1st dose this week.

Need sleep, cheers my friend, Appreciated

Really fancy something like oxycodone or something smidge stronger 😕

honestly a good dose of morphine is about that for the opiate naive. and morphine is stronger than oxycodone, it just isnt very well absorbed orally. if your taking it daily your just going to need more. also some people just absorb it poorly and need more. Just be careful with the stuff, its great and then its not so great right... also DXM is in robitussin and like products if you have that. try to find dextromethorphan hydrobromide without any other ingredients.

Cheers my friend, I'll keep you posted and do some research on what you said.

Cheers buddy 👍

Fried egg toastie is the one, pro original gangster tip(warning only for badmen do not share with zb or chin up) put a slice of sliced square cheese you know the ones that come with 50 indivually wrapped cheese slices put one of those badboys on a fried egg with tomato ketchup ofc and you have a home made egg mcmuffin although I prefer using good old toast your welcome kids

Got some more Cyclizine (30) today, 1st time in few weeks, only had 110mg morphine and 40mg diazepam but with 3x 50mg Cyclizine added its made huge difference, need it added back on my weekly script, then maybe take 5-10 Over a day once or twice a week so I don't get to used to it!!!!

Haven't done yet but can definitely get DXM, just being in the mood to drive 10 miles each way to get it lol

Personally I use poppy on the daily because of the opioid epidemic here no doctors will prescribe anything morphine related. I used to get 2300mg of morphine a week for my car accident. they cut me off for a dirty urine screen. but the fact is i need a painkiller. So i resorted to the use of poppy and opium. Never looked back, they cant hassle you, the supply is usually good and you can change your dose accordingly.

The Cyclizine massively potentiated it. I got an OCD thing of buying a pouch of backy and rolling the whole lot. Can generally do about 70 rollies in about half hour, took me 40 minutes trying my hardest to roll 3 😅.

I have noticed on other posts that ppl find 2 or 3 can have that effect though, was definitely nodding for few hours. Obviously that's with the diaz too but took 3 Cyclizine, 30mg Morphine and 10mg Diazepam and in under an hour was wrecked. Mainly worn off now but lasted about 3 hours ish.

About to repeat though 🤷‍♂️ had about 200mg Morphine yesterday and Wednesday and 50-60 g Diazepam. Felt much more today and at the time had only had 2 diazepam this morning and 90mg Morphine through the day, wouldn't normally have even noticed the extra 30mg morphine and 10mg diazepam but with 150mg Cyclizine as well was drastically different .

I'm tempted giving poppy seed or pod tea a go. From other posts I've read generally gets really highly rated. Which would you go for pods or seed? I'd rather do Which is easier, quicker and will smell less (due to current living situation). Just order seeds/pods online and follow instructions on the site somewhere. Any specific seeds or pods you'd recommend.

Cheers my friend

Noticed you can buy say 1kg Blue organic, unwashed and untreated poppy seeds on Amazon for £8 lol. Would something like that be OK?? if it is how much should I be using etc.

Cheers buddy