• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opium poppy shelf life?

doe da is singular one pod doe de is more then one pod its hard for me to translate that the best i can do mate we also do raw opium that is called afeem
Close in linguistic terms.Turks call it afyon.There is a city in Turkey called Afyon.All legit fields are around there.Even on central square of the town there is a big monument-pod head.All locals depends on this.Afyon is buyed by government and the seed are for the villagersThe same word has been used here.Greeks call it opion.

Close in linguistic terms.Turks call it afyon.There is a city in Turkey called Afyon.All legit fields are around there.Even on central square of the town there is a big monument-pod head.All locals depends on this.Afyon is buyed by government and the seed are for the villagersThe same word has been used here.Greeks call it opion.
In India it used to be legal for addicts they had to register and they could get it from a local government shop the BJP stopped it. they even give babies who have the shits a little raw opium to help . Its a part of life my grandad's two brothers were addicts

The punjab where im from was once taken over by turks and urdu which was the language of the muslims from punjab borrowed a lot of words from then Turks and Persians. Whe n the Sikhs ruled Punjab with the leader Maharaja Ranjit Singh the language of the court was persian

Recently saw movie about H&opium users in this province,that have a long border with Pakistan.Very large desert like territory guarded with some barbwire and rarely patrools.Pakistans just go near fence and place the stuff.From another side in India guys watching and quickly runs and grab a stuff.Obvious no cameras-traffic runs relatively easy.Apart from that India itself is a big producer of legit pharma opii.Incredible place.Wish i could go there
The punjab is goinfg through a heroin epidemic fuck me bro its the best heroin i have done and i get good shit here in UK .

Heroin had destroyed the youth of Punjab and add you can get anything from pharmacy we used to top the list for top state in union its fucked now the land of warriors is now fucked in rural areas 70 per cent of the young men are hooked on something . I once saw 4 people share a needle and know a man who used to rent some of our land die of AIDS i urged his family to take him to hospital and get on retroviral drugs but they insisted it was a toona or black magic done on him and took him to faith healers

Last edited:
In India it used to be legal for addicts they had to register and they could get it from a local government shop the BJP stopped it. they even give babies who have the shits a little raw opium to help . Its a part of life my grandad's two brothers were addicts
Yes in the old times people in the south area of my country also give a little bit afyon to babies to not cry.It was a cure for everything.Old grannies stored in their houses on hidden places-investment,just like gold.A stock,that always be looked for and price is hard.

Yes in the old times people in the south area of my country also give a little bit afyon to babies to not cry.It was a cure for everything.Old grannies stored in their houses on hidden places-investment,just like gold.A stock,that always be looked for and price is hard.
Where you from my brother turkey

Bulgaria-here till the late 90 there is large poppy pharmagrade fields in the south.All products go to pharma factory.After hungarian scientist Kabai works out more eficasous and energonomic ways to obtain opium(in the late 50),they stop scoring pods.All this flowers stayed in the fields till September,when they are fully dried.Than machine collects them(all parts-stems and pods) and send them to factory for further extraction.After it's ban,which was an obligatory in terms to join EU,the flower is no more grown.But it was cheap,strong...somekind old day methadone

Last edited:
doe da is singular one pod doe de is more then one pod its hard for me to translate that the best i can do mate we also do raw opium that is called afeem
Yeah i was going to say i thought it was "doda" when i saw dode but i wasn't sure.

Bulgaria-here till the late 90 there is large poppy pharmagrade fields in the south.All products go to pharma factory.After hungarian scientist Kabai works out more eficasous and energonomic ways to obtain opium(in the late 50),they stop scoring pods.All this flowers stayed in the fields till September,when they are fully dried.Than machine collects them(all parts-stems and pods) and send them to factory for further extraction.After it's ban,which was an obligatory in terms to join EU,the flower is no more grown.But it was cheap,strong...somekind old day methadone

What color were the flowers? White and pink?

I allways have read that bulgarian and macedonian (where Yugoslavia has its fields) pods are among the best of the world, on pair with the finest turkish ones. Far superior than more oriental stuff.
Never had them myself, tho.

Literally thousands of years of opium farming in eastern Mediterraneum (sp?).

Have you seen "the coat of arms"of rep. of N. Macedonia-poppy heads:).Yes I think,that they still grow pharma poppy.Eastern Mediterranean is an ancient land of opii.From here he expands to the East-Persia,India,China...The tribes from the ancient Thrace culture grows it along with a lot of canabis.Archeologists still find ancient tools to score pods-it cames even before the Thracian culture-so called"protoThrace",which was a neolithic culture(around six millenium B.C. old.The oldest gold incrustation also came from here-Varna necropolice.You can check it-it's a historical fact)The pods we had ones time are no less strong,than H......so yeah this was an old fashioned remedy for all.....and never read something that tells about some big drug problem in the past...may be,cause this was only exporting good with hard price just like gold.Alcohol is our national drug.

Last edited:
Anyone else finding that commercial dried pods are not what they were some 5 years, or more, ago?

I have gained a lot of benefits from the current variety, and it probably is a blessing in disguise that they are not the heavy, (noddy opiate heavy,) substance that they used to be.

Current crops are like some kind of mildly stimulating anti-depressant, and they just keep on giving, day after day!

Quite incredible really.
To my shock and horror the supplier of dried pods that everyone on EADD somehow knows about has finally stopped selling dried pods.

I wish I hadn't left it so late to re-order now, the last time I looked a few months ago they were available and I thought to myself I'd re-order soon. But now they have all gone!!

So that gift that kept giving, will soon be no more.

I had an experimental morning off my usual brew this morning to see how things will be, and it was not good.

Massively increased anxiety, GI issues, low energy, cranky mood. I'm really not looking forward to the day my dwindling stockpile finally runs out.

Everything was hunky dory once again shortly after one of those brews.

What a bastard. I wonder if LE came down on them or quite what happened.

A quick search for alternatives has revealed a scarcity, although some sellers which I have found are charging literally insane prices which I would never pay for any drug, let alone for dried poppy pods. Of unknown alkaloid content at that and from an unknown, untested, and unverified source too.

That's a hard pass from me.

Last edited:
Isn't poppy straw completely legal in the UK tho Bleaney?

There used to be a guy selling pods with a union jack on his website who was clearly selling them for poppy tea he had his "favourite turkish gigs - direct from our goatherder and so good that I bought him a new pair of sandals for all his efforts"

Last edited:
Isn't poppy straw completely legal in the UK tho Bleaney?

There used to be a guy selling pods with a union jack on his website who was clearly selling them for poppy tea he had his "favourite turkish gigs - direct from our goatherder and so good that I bought him a new pair of sandals for all his efforts"
Yeah it looks like you may be correct.

However, obviously it becomes illegal if you extract the alkaloids from that straw and process them into opium or heroin.

But what about all the scenarios in between?

What about if the straw is sold for it's high alkaloid content with seller knowing the buyers intend to extract those alkaloids? Either by making a tea, or some more advanced processing.

Why don't these online pod retailers stay in business for very long?

Those sellers advertising their pods as being great for making 'special brews' etc or anything even more explicit about high alklaoids for strong brews, are surely skating on very thin ice, legally?

How can dried poppy pods, without the stems, be sold for "arts and crafts"? That seems ridiculous to me, as it's pretty difficult to do dried flower arranging with no stems to work with? :ROFLMAO: Would that consitute a legal case?

What if the pods have next to no alkaloids? As in the ornamental varieties.

Making a tea out of home grown or purchased pods would also be incredibly difficult for LE to charge anyone for, I'd imagine. As you'd have to be caught in the act of making the brew and drinking it?

So many questions and ambiguities though. (I'm not expecting you to have all the answers, but many of these questions are puzzling me.)

Things seem much more straight forward in terms of growing. You can legally grow any strain but it's illegal to extract the raw opium. Simple. I think it may even be illegal to grow with the intent of doing that. But unless you had opium stained razor blades or something like that, intent could never be proved?

Last edited: