• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiods don't affect me?

I'm sorry but I have to jump in here....I have personally called Shadow out for his unsafe advice in threads before. I personally also agree that he is on a path to self-destruction. I agree with many things said here. What I absolutely DO NOT agree with is turning this into a "Shadow Needs Help" thread. Really? This is where those concerns should be addressed? Not on one of his threads? Not in a private message?

Is someone going to show up at his door and drag him away to rehab because of something one of you wrote here? Is he going to commit himself? Break down and throw all his dope away because of the brilliant insight here? No, no, and no. While it's great to show concern for your fellow humans, it is NOT nice to air their dirty laundry where they haven't chosen for it to be aired, take cheap shots at their credibility, try to disguise your defamation as concern, or just generally act like dicks.

You have said your peace, same as he has. You disagree and obviously aren't going to sway each other to your side by acting like school children. You are just alienating everyone else who came here to learn by annoying the shit out of them (myself included) and turning this into a third-grade playground pissing match. You may as well stick your tongues out at one another before running off to tell the principal.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the information and replies guys! It has become obvious that I'm naïve when it comes to opioids as people have pointed out and well none of you are wrong for saying so since, well I literally never took them before I made this thread. I think ill stay away from trying to get high off these things as id rather not fall in love with the high. Shadow thank you for your advice on how I should go about dosing higher to receive the desired effects, I see no wrong in your advice. gmlifer I appreciate your looking out for me but no need to start slinging insults! Anyways it probably was silly for me to state that opioids don't affect me, I just honestly assumed that 15mg of oxycodone would get anyone lifted for their first time but as people have mentioned, natural tolerance is a factor and many of my family members have high tolerance to drugs they never even took before. I'm done with opioids now anyways. Again, thanks for the replies guys.

Good choice ADD many struggle to do the same and end up on methadone, suboxone, running from opiates the rest of their life, or on a self destructive path like shadow (who I am free to "take a cheap shot at" as anyone here as long as it's with respect and sincere) that either end up with a fatal overdose or successful suicide attempt during the hell of withdrawals.

Thank you for all the information and replies guys! It has become obvious that I'm naïve when it comes to opioids as people have pointed out and well none of you are wrong for saying so since, well I literally never took them before I made this thread. I think ill stay away from trying to get high off these things as id rather not fall in love with the high. Shadow thank you for your advice on how I should go about dosing higher to receive the desired effects, I see no wrong in your advice. gmlifer I appreciate your looking out for me but no need to start slinging insults! Anyways it probably was silly for me to state that opioids don't affect me, I just honestly assumed that 15mg of oxycodone would get anyone lifted for their first time but as people have mentioned, natural tolerance is a factor and many of my family members have high tolerance to drugs they never even took before. I'm done with opioids now anyways. Again, thanks for the replies guys.
Any time. I'm actually very glad you've decided to stay away from them. You may not think it'll happen but addiction to opiates usually sneaks up on people and they never see it coming.