• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Opiods don't affect me?

ADDllama

Greenlighter
I just had surgery recently and was given Percocet for the pain. It's 5mg Oxycodone and 325mg Acetamin. I've never taken opioids before but knew about them so I was looking forward to feeling pretty good. For the first few 2 days I take just one every few hours for the pain. I then decided that I'd take 3 of the pills and ride the high, although I took them in the first place because I was in lots of pain. Well fast-forward an hour and I felt no effects and never did. Only thing I got was an insanely fucking horrible migraine. Worst I've ever had for sure.

What's interesting too is that at the hospital I got like 3 doses of morphine and that didn't make me feel anything either. I should mention that both the pills and the morphine did help with the pain though. I had a similar experience with Xanax where I had none of the positive effects, just extreme sleepiness and pretty bad amnesia. I'd like to hear some of your guys thoughts on this.

P.S: I assume that 15mg is a pretty good dose of oxy for never using opioids before in general so that's why I'm questioning that opioids don't positively affect me besides the pain reduction. Besides the horrible migraine I got was more than enough to keep me from going above 15mg. Thanks!

Since you are getting pain relieving effects from the pills opiates obviously affect you. Everyone is different and everyone metabolizes drugs at a different rate. Me, for example, I was taking 30-40mg oxy at first. You're probably just not taking enough.

Since you are getting pain relieving effects from the pills opiates obviously affect you. Everyone is different and everyone metabolizes drugs at a different rate. Me, for example, I was taking 30-40mg oxy at first. You're probably just not taking enough.

Again.... Your advice could lead to problems. Not much in to hr are you?

Some people take longer than others to "feel" the high. What I mean by that is you are prolly stoned but you don't know what feeling you are looking for. Truth is its prolly better that way. Take them for pain and be done with them.

Some people have a naturally higher tolerence too...dont jump your dose just to find out though. As for me, i never got a HIGH until i was doing 150mg of oxy...these days i do between 240 to 360mg a almost every day and some days 450mg+. When i started using oxy a friend gave me 2 30mg m boxes and i was told taking one would put me in a drooling puddle on the floor, i took both and other than a slight energy boost i never felt HIGH. So everyone reacts differently. Also i NEVER felt a high off of pills with apap in them...i dunno, i just never resond well to low doses of any medicine. Even Oxymorphone didnt do much for me...Just take it slow and work up to a point slowly where you get desired effects.

Again.... Your advice could lead to problems. Not much in to hr are you?

Some people take longer than others to "feel" the high. What I mean by that is you are prolly stoned but you don't know what feeling you are looking for. Truth is its prolly better that way. Take them for pain and be done with them.
You do realize the entire point of this board is that we should assume that people will take drugs, and we should accept that there's nothing we can do to stop them. He's asking why he doesn't feel a high from opiates, he isn't asking "should I abstain from opiates". Saying "don't touch them ever again" is not equal to harm reduction. I'm not wrong, people metabolizes drugs at different rates, and I do have a natural tolerance to opiates and if he isn't experiencing any breathing issues and isn't getting a high there's no problem in raising the dosage.

You do realize the entire point of this board is that we should assume that people will take drugs, and we should accept that there's nothing we can do to stop them. He's asking why he doesn't feel a high from opiates, he isn't asking "should I abstain from opiates". Saying "don't touch them ever again" is not equal to harm reduction. I'm not wrong, people metabolizes drugs at different rates, and I do have a natural tolerance to opiates and if he isn't experiencing any breathing issues and isn't getting a high there's no problem in raising the dosage.

I'm sorry, I thought the entire point of this board was to help people use drugs as safely as possible. I don't think telling someone naive to oxy to raise their dose by more than double is anywhere near safe nor is it good advice. I know you have mental issues and feel like drugs are the only answer to your problems but how about you help others not get addicted when you can.

Some people have a naturally higher tolerence too...dont jump your dose just to find out though. As for me, i never got a HIGH until i was doing 150mg of oxy...these days i do between 240 to 360mg a almost every day and some days 450mg+. When i started using oxy a friend gave me 2 30mg m boxes and i was told taking one would put me in a drooling puddle on the floor, i took both and other than a slight energy boost i never felt HIGH. So everyone reacts differently. Also i NEVER felt a high off of pills with apap in them...i dunno, i just never resond well to low doses of any medicine. Even Oxymorphone didnt do much for me...Just take it slow and work up to a point slowly where you get desired effects.

Jesus Christ that's a colossal dose!

Edit: after re-reading your post, im not so sure I believe you. Oxycodone gets you high, but oxymorphone doesn't? That doesn't even make sense. Youre the same guy who posted about just finding out about the callus remover to powder the op pills. Someone with a heroic tolerance like you described would have known about that long ago.

I'm sorry, I thought the entire point of this board was to help people use drugs as safely as possible. I don't think telling someone naive to oxy to raise their dose by more than double is anywhere near safe nor is it good advice. I know you have mental issues and feel like drugs are the only answer to your problems but how about you help others not get addicted when you can.
I never said he should double his dose, I told him what my dose was. I feel like I should start insulting you for that mental issues comment but I'm above that. Also, the max dose for oxycodone, even for opiate naïves, is 40mg. I highly doubt jumping his dose by a couple pills will kill him. The point of the board is harm reduction, not addiction prevention. Again, we must assume the user will use the drug and we cannot stop them. If he asked "how do I prevent getting addicted to oxy" I would understand, but no, he asked "why aren't I getting high". I'll be damned if I withold information from him and tell him he should put the drug down because that's not the kind of thing he's asking for. I gave it to him straight.

OP, your dose isn't high enough. I'd recommend trying 20-25mg, and if that still doesn't work 30mg, and so on. Keep in mind the estimated max dose for an opiate naive is 40mg so you should at least start feeling some sort of sedation at 30-35mg.

If you're truly going to reply with hr in mind you might also want to add that the dose you are recommending will put him at a high acetaminophen dosage and recommend cwe but the truth is your advice is simply careless and should not be entertained. Seems to me that getting addicted to any substance is harmful and you should avoid giving advice that will certainly contribute to someone going down that road.

Also, that's 40mg in one day not at one time.

If you're truly going to reply with hr in mind you might also want to add that the dose you are recommending will put him at a high acetaminophen dosage and recommend cwe but the truth is your advice is simply careless and should not be entertained. Seems to me that getting addicted to any substance is harmful and you should avoid giving advice that will certainly contribute to someone going down that road.

Also, that's 40mg in one day not at one time.
"The maximum daily dose (MDD) of oxycodone is 80 milligrams and maximum single dose, 40 milligrams in opioid-naïve patients."

Nope, it's 40mg single dose. And 30mg, even 35mg, with 325mg APAP pills is an acceptable dose. Stop being a dick. Yes a CWE is preferable for any amount of APAP but my apologies I'm so sorry gmlifer that I forgot to mention a CWE. What ever will I do.. Maybe if you're so concerned with OP you should focus on recommending a CWE if he uses an excessive amount of pills (7 is still acceptable like I said) instead of focusing on trying to tell me off for forgetting something. What is your problem man?

"The maximum daily dose (MDD) of oxycodone is 80 milligrams and maximum single dose, 40 milligrams in opioid-naïve patients."

Nope, it's 40mg single dose. And 30mg, even 35mg, with 325mg APAP pills is an acceptable dose. Stop being a dick. Yes a CWE is preferable for any amount of APAP but my apologies I'm so sorry gmlifer that I forgot to mention a CWE. What ever will I do.. Maybe if you're so concerned with OP you should focus on recommending a CWE if he uses an excessive amount of pills (7 is still acceptable like I said) instead of focusing on trying to tell me off for forgetting something. What is your problem man?

80mg refers to the extended release iirc.
I think I've read somewhere, that 0.3-0.5 mg per kg bodyweight IR could be dangerous.

80mg refers to the extended release iirc.
I think I've read somewhere, that 0.3-0.5 mg per kg bodyweight IR could be dangerous.
My apologies, however regardless it still rings true that I started on around that dosage. If he wants to get high, and isn't, he needs to up his dosage. Like I said though, only 5-10mg at a time.

And still, gm what's your deal man?

My apologies, however regardless it still rings true that I started on around that dosage. If he wants to get high, and isn't, he needs to up his dosage. Like I said though, only 5-10mg at a time.

And still, gm what's your deal man?

My deal is simple. Your advice in this thread and others is dangerous. You are trying to use your own experiences to advise others and like YOU said everyone's body is different. You are going to get someone in a bad situation if you keep it up. And where did you find that ANY dose of acetaminophen over 1 gram is safe?

Not only your giving advice from your experience, but even you have stated you don't care about living anymore while constantly sharing your wish for your life to end. Seriously shadow don't give out shitty advice because it's what you hope you can use. 40 mg of OC (oxycotin is brand name for ER formulation not alternative spelling of compound name) can easily kill someone even a 40 mg ER formulation in a naïve person. That's why ER formulations start at 10 mg possibly even five, but I am not sure on the latter.

Not only your giving advice from your experience, but even you have stated you don't care about living anymore while constantly sharing your wish for your life to end. Seriously shadow don't give out shitty advice because it's what you hope you can use. 40 mg of OC (oxycotin is brand name for ER formulation not alternative spelling of compound name) can easily kill someone even a 40 mg ER formulation in a naïve person. That's why ER formulations start at 10 mg possibly even five, but I am not sure on the latter.

Where did you get the info about 40mgs being able to kill someone? I don't know for certain, but that seems a little low for someone to od on.

Where did you get the info about 40mgs being able to kill someone? I don't know for certain, but that seems a little low for someone to od on.

I can't provide you with reports, but everyone reacts different and you should keep in mind, that oxycodone and pure heroin are more or less equipotent and I'm sure people OD'ed on 40mg pure heroin.

sorry I am not answering this, or even replying to this thread, but I hate when people say dumb things like "opiates do not effect me'. lol.

Oh, OK. it must just be you then. you are the ONLY ONE in the world who opiates do not effect. it has nothing to do w/ it being your first time, actually having pain, and also taking at an extremely low dosage for someone who is looking to catch that "feeling" or catch a "high" from it.

consider it a GOOD THING that you felt NOTHING! stay away from opiates; many will say it and I will say it myself - STAY AWAY FROM OPIATES! you are right, they suck and they are no good. they are used to kill the pain in which you went through; if you still have the script, take when needed or as given. do NOT try and go around to try and catch a "good" feeling because, as you said, you WILL NOT FEEL A THING! its not how it works and most likely you will only catch a SICK FEELING from trying to catch a GOOD FEELING!

stay away and dont waste time; same goes for benzos/xanax as you mention; esp. if you are taking both. just be careful since you are NEW to both and mixing a combination of drugs which can be deadly if mixed at a large dosage or by someone who is NEW to both drugs, must like yourself.

Opioids can be pretty fun. Not if you're addicted to them, though

I didn't tell him he should jump up to 40mg, jesus people, I gave him an example of my starting dose to provide information on how some people have natural tolerances. Nowhere in my first post did I say he should jump from 15mg to 40mg because that'd be plain asinine. Literally all I said in that post was two things. 1, opiates effect you if you're getting pain relief from them, and 2, take me as an example, I had a naturally high tolerance as well. And if you look at another post I recommended jumping up 5-10mg at a time. Re-read my post and re-evaluate your opinion. All of this started because gmlifer was being an ass, not because of shitty advice, because it's the truth that if he probably just isn't taking enough. And with that I tip my hat and say adieu.

As for gmlifer, if someone asks a question about injecting cocaine for example, then you should answer with "here is how to do this as safely as possible", that is HR, not " OH LORD NO don't do that cocaine is bad and illegal and addicting don't do it!!!"

I didn't tell him he should jump up to 40mg, jesus people, I gave him an example of my starting dose to provide information on how some people have natural tolerances. Nowhere in my first post did I say he should jump from 15mg to 40mg because that'd be plain asinine. Literally all I said in that post was two things. 1, opiates effect you if you're getting pain relief from them, and 2, take me as an example, I had a naturally high tolerance as well. And if you look at another post I recommended jumping up 5-10mg at a time. Re-read my post and re-evaluate your opinion. All of this started because gmlifer was being an ass, not because of shitty advice, because it's the truth that if he probably just isn't taking enough. And with that I tip my hat and say adieu.

As for gmlifer, if someone asks a question about injecting cocaine for example, then you should answer with "here is how to do this as safely as possible", that is HR, not " OH LORD NO don't do that cocaine is bad and illegal and addicting don't do it!!!"

So telling people that you can't overdose on heroin if you smoke it is good advice? I'm not trying to pick on you dude. Hell, I like you man but you are being very careless with other people lives. One day you will be older and you will know the other side of addiction and you will have lived through the dangers of overdosing and I promise you will be much more cautious in your advice.