• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Opiates? Difference between fetanyl high and a heroin high

I find Fentanyl to be much more sedating and intoxicating, for me it feels as though I could feel my consciousness slipping away from me. Not in a good way, more like I'm about to overdose kind of way.it feels like you are being hit by an opiated train but without the euphoric rush.

Heroin is definitely more euphoric, stimulating, it makes me want to talk to everyone about anything. The itch is much better and is just overall more euphoric
This is how I felt too.

The "nod" from fentanyl made me feel like I was in danger. And I had been using heroin & opioids for 10+ years before I even tried it & not once did I ever feel in danger before that. But that nod on fent definitely feels almost like the sensation of losing consciousness.
I don't know why anyone finds fentanyl enjoyable or even worth ruining your life over.

I'd jump off a bridge for heroin.... but I wouldn't even wipe my ass with fentanyl. lol

Agree with basically every one here...
Fentantyl = garbage
Diacetylmorphine = king/queen of opiates

I feel sorry for today's generation of opioid users who idea of "heroin" is going to be tainted by fentanyl when they feel nothiing alike.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that the sub receptor mu2 is resonsonsible for a lot of euphoria & good feelings from opioids like heroin.
I don't think fentanyl binds to mu2 like heroin or other opioids do. So even though it's 50x "stronger" than heroin, that doesn't mean it's going to be 50x better.
Buprenorphine is also like 40x stronger than morphine/heroin but anyone who's used it knows it doesn't hold a candle to heroin. Mostly due to it's partial agonism but also because of it's binding profile.

The way an opioid binds to all the 3 main receptors + subreceptors and even non-opioid receptors all determines how that opioid is going to feel subjectively. Making some feel better than others even if those other ones are technically more potent or stronger.
Where I'm from in NY it's not even Heroin being cut with Fentanyl, it is straight Fentanyl being sold as heroin but there is no Heroin at all in it. I overdosed off one bag sniffing it. Heroin never did that to me.

This is how I felt too.

The "nod" from fentanyl made me feel like I was in danger. And I had been using heroin & opioids for 10+ years before I even tried it & not once did I ever feel in danger before that. But that nod on fent definitely feels almost like the sensation of losing consciousness.
I don't know why anyone finds fentanyl enjoyable or even worth ruining your life over.

I'd jump off a bridge for heroin.... but I wouldn't even wipe my ass with fentanyl. lol
Yeah I overdosed from sniffing one bag of Fentanyl and never again will I do it. I've actually only did Heroin once after that which I was very lucky it was Heroin at all

Yeah I overdosed from sniffing one bag of Fentanyl and never again will I do it. I've actually only did Heroin once after that which I was very lucky it was Heroin at all
Yeah I used heroin from about 2014-2019.
I used to get it from a black gang banger from Chicago.
It was always rock/powdered brown, which I assume probably came in from the East/New York area.
But he went to prison in 2019 for murder in Iowa.
And after that, I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting actual heroin ever again. It sucks.
I've been on bupe since then & I still think about heroin every day... to this very day...

Speaking of differences in drugs... I was just on reddit & some one told me "Everyone's on adderall these days & adderall is basically legal meth"...
So I had to stop them & say uhhh no actually adderall is not legal meth & they both have distinct differences. But of course they don't wanna hear that. lol There is so much ignorance in the world when it comes to drugs that people literally think adderall is meth. lol It drives me up a wall that people aren't more educated. Thanks drug war!!

Yeah I used heroin from about 2014-2019.
I used to get it from a black gang banger from Chicago.
It was always rock/powdered brown, which I assume probably came in from the East/New York area.
But he went to prison in 2019 for murder in Iowa.
And after that, I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting actual heroin ever again. It sucks.
I've been on bupe since then & I still think about heroin every day... to this very day...

Speaking of differences in drugs... I was just on reddit & some one told me "Everyone's on adderall these days & adderall is basically legal meth"...
So I had to stop them & say uhhh no actually adderall is not legal meth & they both have distinct differences. But of course they don't wanna hear that. lol There is so much ignorance in the world when it comes to drugs that people literally think adderall is meth. lol It drives me up a wall that people aren't more educated. Thanks drug war!!
Yeah Adderall is not meth, I hate when people say that too. But yeah 2018 to 2019 was really the last we saw Heroin, I live in NY and I guess I just got lucky with that bag of Heroin I got. But that is probably one in a million now. I was clean from 2019 to 2021 and after I relapsed the first bag of dope I picked up was straight Fentanyl and I overdosed on it. I stopped breathing and I turned blue. The person I was with gave me mouth to mouth CPR and called 911. It took them 3 shots of Narcan before I woke up. But yeah Adderall is a combination of L and D amphetamine salts not Methamphetamine lol. But after I overdosed on Fentanyl I went on Bupe too, I'm currently on 16 mgs. The only reason I knew it was heroin was because I tested positive for opiates and not Fentanyl on a drug test. It also had the high of heroin not fentanyl. But that is the only reasons I knew it was Heroin and not Fetty.

Last edited:
Yeah Adderall is not meth, I hate when people say that too. But yeah 2018 to 2019 was really the last we saw Heroin, I live in NY and I guess I just got lucky with that bag of Heroin I got. But that is probably one in a million now. I was clean from 2019 to 2021 and after I relapsed the first bag of dope I picked up was straight Fentanyl and I overdosed on it. I stopped breathing and I turned blue. The person I was with gave me mouth to mouth CPR and called 911. It took them 3 shots of Narcan before I woke up. But yeah Adderall is a combination of L and D amphetamine salts not Methamphetamine lol. But after I overdosed on Fentanyl I went on Bupe too, I'm currently on 16 mgs. The only reason I knew it was heroin was because I tested positive for opiates and not Fentanyl on a drug test. It also had the high of heroin not fentanyl. But that is the only reasons I knew it was Heroin and not Fetty.
I'm glad you survived man.
I started studying pharmacology as a hobby during my heroin using years. And I think thats what saved me from overdosing.
Because I knew to look out for signs like a vinegar smell, color, taste, etc.. to tell if what I had was heroin.
And the one time I got fent, I kind of assumed before hand that it might be fent, because it was pure white, had no vinegar smell & just looked different.
So I figured I'd only do a tiny bump just to test it & make sure.

And sure enough, that tiny ass bump had me nodding harder than anything I've ever felt before. And I knew that if I hadn't known better & jumped into that powder like it was heroin, I might have overdosed as well. I was pissed and told my heroin dude to never give me that shit again. And he didn't.

How are you liking being on bupe?
I really liked bupe in the beginning. It gave me some of the energy, antidepressant & anxiety relieving effects that full agonists did & it lasted all day.
But after 7 years of being on it, it's of course nothing like that anymore. I still find it helpful some days though after all these years. But then other days I wish I could be on methadone or literally any other opioid.

Right, I can eat & sleep on adderall, but definitely not on meth. lol

I remember getting grey heroin rocks from time to time. Man I miss those days. I look back on my heroin use with rose tinted glasses I think, because it wasn't a drug that really ruined my life in any way. Sure it sucked when I had to go without it some times, but when I had it, I was completely at peace & a much more functional & over all happy person. Didn't need alcohol or any other drugs (except maybe weed) to keep me happy. But now I'm kind of miserable on buprenorphine, since bupe doesn't provide those same effects. And ironically, heroin gets this bad rep like it's this super dangerous evil drug, worse than any other drug on the planet. When in reality, it's actually pretty benign on your body physically & didn't intoxicate me in a way where I was useless. It was actually much more beneficial for me to be on heroin than on alcohol or meth or any other drug.

I was about 25-30 years old during my heroin years. I was dependent on pain pills long before that. I think everyone looks back at their 20's and early 30's with some sadness since it's usually the prime of their life. But I think I do even more so because I had access to constant opioids & good heroin & fun times. And now my life is a total bore. lol

Last edited:
I find Fentanyl to be much more sedating and intoxicating, for me it feels as though I could feel my consciousness slipping away from me. Not in a good way, more like I'm about to overdose kind of way it feels like you are being hit by an opiated train but without the euphoric rush.

Heroin is definitely more euphoric, stimulating, it makes me want to talk to everyone about anything. The itch is much better and is just overall more euphoric
Yes!
Pharma-grade feta was the only thing available in an ampoule, and I was having moderate Withdrawal from oxycodone.
Hesitant because of all of the scary stories that a grain can kill, I used a little at a time thinking that it would provide comfort.
To my surprise, it made my withdrawals much more worse.
I read that it works on differently than the oxys.
It was the worst. I felt extremely uncomfortable.
Managed to get my prescription of Oxy and my withdrawal went away.
There was no euphoria on fentanyl. I was baffled.

I started studying pharmacology as a hobby during my heroin using years. And I think thats what saved me from overdosing.
Because I knew to look out for signs like a vinegar smell, color, taste, etc.. to tell if what I had was heroin.
And the one time I got fent, I kind of assumed before hand that it might be fent, because it was pure white, had no vinegar smell & just looked different.

And sure enough, that tiny ass bump had me nodding harder than anything I've ever felt before. And I knew that if I hadn't known better & jumped into that powder like it was heroin, I might have overdosed as well. I was pissed and told my heroin dude to never give me that shit again. And he didn't.

I really liked bupe in the beginning. It gave me some of the energy, antidepressant & anxiety relieving effects that full agonists did & it lasted all day.
But after 7 years of being on it, it's of course nothing like that anymore. I still find it helpful some days though after all these years. But then other days I wish I could be on methadone or literally any other opioid.

I remember getting grey heroin rocks from time to time. Man I miss those days. I look back on my heroin use with rose tinted glasses I think, because it wasn't a drug that really ruined my life in any way. Sure it sucked when I had to go without it some times, but when I had it, I was completely at peace & a much more functional & over all happy person. Didn't need alcohol or any other drugs (except maybe weed) to keep me happy. But now I'm kind of miserable on buprenorphine, since bupe doesn't provide those same effects. And ironically, heroin gets this bad rep like it's this super dangerous evil drug, worse than any other drug on the planet. When in reality, it's actually pretty benign on your body physically & didn't intoxicate me in a way where I was useless. It was actually much more beneficial for me to be on heroin than on alcohol or meth or any other drug.

I was about 25-30 years old during my heroin years. I was dependent on pain pills long before that. I think everyone looks back at their 20's and early 30's with some sadness since it's usually the prime of their life. But I think I do even more so because I had access to constant opioids & good heroin & fun times. And now my life is a total bore. lol
I mean like you, the Bupe in the beginning was very good, but now that I grew a tolerance I don't feel it anymore. However I always feel sedated , like as soon as I lay down I'm out cold. But other than that I don't feel it's effects anymore.

Yeah I overdosed from sniffing one bag of Fentanyl and never again will I do it. I've only done Heroin once after that which I was very lucky it was Heroin at all
Sorry, you went through that.
I am glad that you are still here with us.
I sought help and I'm taking methadone with the help of my psych doctor who is also helping me wean off it.
Wish you the best

I mean like you, the Bupe in the beginning was very good, but now that I grew a tolerance I don't feel it anymore. However I always feel sedated , like as soon as I lay down I'm out cold. But other than that I don't feel it's effects anymore.
Same here.
I can be feeling totally normal, but the instant I sit or lay down in one spot for too long, I am nodding the fuck out. Almost like I'm narcoleptic.
It's not a euphoric or blissful nod like you'd get on heroin or other opioids either.

I've also become the master of "resting my eyes". At some point every single day on bupe, I have to rest my eyes or take a quick nap. I'll close my eyes & let myself get really close to falling asleep & then I'll force myself back up & then I'll feel a little more refreshed and awake again.

But yeah being on bupe is like being on a heavy sedating opioid all the time.. just without any of the good feelings that normally accompany one.

Same here.
I can be feeling totally normal, but the instant I sit or lay down in one spot for too long, I am nodding the fuck out. Almost like I'm narcoleptic.
It's not a euphoric or blissful nod like you'd get on heroin or other opioids either.

I've also become the master of "resting my eyes". At some point every single day on bupe, I have to rest my eyes or take a quick nap. I'll close my eyes & let myself get really close to falling asleep & then I'll force myself back up & then I'll feel a little more refreshed and awake again.

But yeah being on bupe is like being on a heavy sedating opioid all the time.. just without any of the good feelings that normally accompany one.
Yep that's exactly what I go through with it

Yeah I mean what you described is exactly how I feel too, I know someone else who goes through this too
Everyone I've mentioned these effects to here generally says "I wish I felt tired from my suboxone"....
It's like uhhh.. no, actually you don't. lol It's not a fun time at all.

I can't even really watch movies any more, cause if I lay down & try focusing on the TV like that... my eyes are closing on their own over & over. lol
Yet if I'm standing, I'm fine.

It use to be so bad that I even would pass out if I was riding passenger in somebody's car. lol That has happened in a long time though now.
But I still get it if I try to watch a movie or relax.

I get energy from bupe too, but not much. I use to get it for a few hours after dosing back in the day (around 2018ish) but now if I get any energy at all, it's only for like an hour or two & then comes the lethargic tired parts for the rest of the day.

It bums me out cause that energizing feeling from opioids is what's always attracted me to them. It seemed more consistent with full agonists & now barely perceptible with bupe.

It also numbs my emotions in a way that's different from full agonists. Which isn't always a bad thing since I have pretty strong unwanted emotions some times. But it can make me pretty apathetic to everything & extremely bored some times.

Everyone I've mentioned these effects to here generally says "I wish I felt tired from my suboxone"....
It's like uhhh.. no, actually you don't. lol It's not a fun time at all.

I can't even really watch movies any more, cause if I lay down & try focusing on the TV like that... my eyes are closing on their own over & over. lol
Yet if I'm standing, I'm fine.

It use to be so bad that I even would pass out if I was riding passenger in somebody's car. lol That has happened in a long time though now.
But I still get it if I try to watch a movie or relax.

I get energy from bupe too, but not much. I use to get it for a few hours after dosing back in the day (around 2018ish) but now if I get any energy at all, it's only for like an hour or two & then comes the lethargic tired parts for the rest of the day.

It bums me out cause that energizing feeling from opioids is what's always attracted me to them. It seemed more consistent with full agonists & now barely perceptible with bupe.

It also numbs my emotions in a way that's different from full agonists. Which isn't always a bad thing since I have pretty strong unwanted emotions some times. But it can make me pretty apathetic to everything & extremely bored some times.
Yeah it's not an enjoyable sedation that's for sure. The stimulating effects of opiates is what pulled me in too bc I love uppers as well

Yeah it's not an enjoyable sedation that's for sure. The stimulating effects of opiates is what pulled me in too bc I love uppers as well
Interesting.
I use to think I liked uppers but I found the stimulation from uppers vastly different than opioid stimulation.
I have an anxiety problem though, so that could be why. But I find myself lazy on stimulants. Sure they'll keep me awake but they don't actually give me the needed energy & motivation to get anything done productively. At least not if I'm abusing it or using meth or anything. But even when I use them in low doses for depression, I can still get some anxiety from them.

I found opioid stimulation to feel almost... natural. Like my buzz would kick in & suddenly scrubbing down my bathroom or cleaning all the carpets sounds like a good idea. And I'll feel great while I'm doing it (hey. it's exercise right!). When normally if I needed to clean or do physical labor, I'd be bitching internally the whole time about how it sucks & how awful I feel. lol And I don't get anxiety from the stimulation. So I think that's why I went deeper into opioids versus stimulants (not that I didn't use those for many years as well).

But I can understand what you mean.

Interesting.
I use to think I liked uppers but I found the stimulation from uppers vastly different than opioid stimulation.
I have an anxiety problem though, so that could be why. But I find myself lazy on stimulants. Sure they'll keep me awake but they don't actually give me the needed energy & motivation to get anything done productively. At least not if I'm abusing it or using meth or anything. But even when I use them in low doses for depression, I can still get some anxiety from them.

I found opioid stimulation to feel almost... natural. Like my buzz would kick in & suddenly scrubbing down my bathroom or cleaning all the carpets sounds like a good idea. And I'll feel great while I'm doing it (hey. it's exercise right!). When normally if I needed to clean or do physical labor, I'd be bitching internally the whole time about how it sucks & how awful I feel. lol And I don't get anxiety from the stimulation. So I think that's why I went deeper into opioids versus stimulants (not that I didn't use those for many years as well).

But I can understand what you mean.
I mean yeah the stimulating effects of opiates is definitely different than uppers

I was about 25-30 years old during my heroin years. I was dependent on pain pills long before that. I think everyone looks back at their 20's and early 30's with some sadness since it's usually the prime of their life. But I think I do even more so because I had access to constant opioids & good heroin & fun times. And now my life is a total bore.