• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opiate and opioid withdrawal: Coping strategies and medication

Fuck me Scotchy that doesn't sound too good...

Please be careful out on the roads mate. I working tomorrow and I fucking well don't want to meet you in those circumstances...

Take care Bro <3

I'd equate vaped Fent with 'Done, IME.
It's the eternity of M'Done detox that makes it infamous, whereas Fent is brutal and condensed.

I've done both....fent patches (300mg/hr) and done tablets...

Fent is way more brutal but it's just the never ending shittyness of done that gets people...you need an iron will to keep going...but fuck it..I love a challenge :)

Fuck me Scotchy that doesn't sound too good...

Please be careful out on the roads mate. I working tomorrow and I fucking well don't want to meet you in those circumstances...

Take care Bro <3

Thanks for the concern bud, there is a sleep prior to that journey so ill be ok.. ill be nowhere near your neck of the woods anyway so if I do end up in a ball of fire you'll probably see it on the news... :D

I may be an idiot but I've been an idiot a long time ;)

Fent is way more brutal but it's just the never ending shittyness of done that gets people...you need an iron will to keep going...but fuck it..I love a challenge :)

It it has gotten me :/

The thing with fent patches is you just wake up one morning in brutal WDs only to find thevplace stuck to your fucking pillow.... A new one takes a while to kick in as well so it's not fun....

Some of the pain I experienced when running out of patches over a bank holiday weekend once needed to be felt to be believed

It has gotten me totally.. :/ I am yet far from loving this challenge

Thanks for the concern bud, there is a sleep prior to that journey so ill be ok.. ill be nowhere near your neck of the woods anyway so if I do end up in a ball of fire you'll probably see it on the news... :D

I may be an idiot but I've been an idiot a long time ;)
I knew you wouldn't drink and drive or owt...your to clever for that....

At tye minute my "neck of the woods" equates to anywhere they fucking please between the Scottish Borders and Middlesbrough cos I'm on relief (which if u look a map is a fucking wide area..... I'm not happy but what can you do :))

It has gotten me totally.. :/ I am yet far from loving this challenge

There's ways and means mate...mental attitude and sheer stubbornness and refusal to be beat go a loooooong way.
Clonidine and pregabalin have helped me (a little bit anyway)

Yes, I question everyday if that will be actually possible. I mean, the withdraws are terrible. It makes me sad. Non productive. I am always super very tired. Sick. Mad. I feel horrible man!! Seriously it does not end!

Mate...honestly it does end. Your much stronger than you give yourself credit for. Your body can accomplish what your mind wills it to do.
I'm going through all of that while working full time as a paramedic doing 15 hour shifts somedays so it is possible.

You've obviously done great to get to this stage and you can do it mate...you just have to will it. Have you tried clonidine and pregabalin? They helped me alot as I only have very limited access to benzos (4mg of diazepam prescribed).

Just keep going mate...you will get there :)

No worries mate...I'm willing you on....Never give up on what you truly want to achieve..

You take care mate :) <3

See, if I did manage to get someone to build a blood opiate / endorphin monitor, that would make it way easier to use short-HL opies for tapering, and the process would be over quicker. The limiting factor would be your own endorphin production recovering (which is, after all, when the body-habit is officially over), not getting exogenous μ-agonists (which may be delaying this process) out of your system.

My own experiments with tapering off street heroin confirm it's possible. Two saved-up bonus beetles after a binge, as far apart as you dare (this is the hard bit), will take enough of the edge off it while still leaving you in just enough pain for your endorphin factory to recover; a few benzos also help.

The problem with me is to recuperate my endorphins when I have already used Methadone for so many years. It seems very difficult to deal when your body has " forgotten" how to produce its own dopamine..
This makes everything way too difficult at the moment as I'm always too tired, not all motivated to cope with exercises and sad. I hate felling like that..

That's why long half-life opioids are such a b*tch to kick. You can wind up redosing before the drug has worn off enough to allow your endorphin production to resume.

See, if I did manage to get someone to build a blood opiate / endorphin monitor, that would make it way easier to use short-HL opies for tapering, and the process would be over quicker. The limiting factor would be your own endorphin production recovering (which is, after all, when the body-habit is officially over), not getting exogenous μ-agonists (which may be delaying this process) out of your system.

My own experiments with tapering off street heroin confirm it's possible. Two saved-up bonus beetles after a binge, as far apart as you dare (this is the hard bit), will take enough of the edge off it while still leaving you in just enough pain for your endorphin factory to recover; a few benzos also help.

Julie,
This seems to make a lot of sense although I could have never explained it the way you did.
My doctor has prescribed 6 mg of Bromazepan to use it before bed and also during the day.
And, 200 mg of Seroquel (!!), although I disagree with him because of the lethargic and counter productive effects.
As suggested by Englandz74:
Clonidine and pregabalin is what I´m asking for but now I only get an appointment with him next week

Thanks a lot everyone!!:)
You are all helping me in different ways. I did get better today, but I believe it was psychologically speaking.
Restlessness has been really making me crazy!! I walk and text, and try to keep busy day and night.

I went cold turkey two weeks ago, thought I could reduce my doses of Heroin over the course of a week at work after basically a solid 4 months of using everyday (I have a 9-5 job). That went completely tits up when I turned up to work tuesday morning, 12 hours after my last hit, thinking that I'd just brush the edge of withdrawal before getting home and having another smaller dose rather than my routine morning foilery. I felt fine when I woke, got to work then everything went to hell. Started sweating, eyes and nose running like a tap, freezing chills, running out of the office to vomit and diarrhea like there's no tomorrow every ten minutes for about 4 hours before I got sent home from work.

Took a week off and got clean (flushed two very strong grams of #3 down the bog, that literally made me cry and shout at the toilet bowl). I'm on my last warning at work now due to absences, (basically been off ill three times in the past six months) and if I take another day off in the next month I get immediately made redundant, regardless of the cause unless I have a doctors note...

Though naturally i've been lying through my teeth about catching some nasty virus, though I never handed in a doctors note as I claimed I forgot to ask for one though the idea of work getting a note saying "Must be excused for several days due to acute opiate withdrawal" would go down well i'm sure. My mistake was thinking I could take a hit and have it last 24 hours like it did when I first started regularly using.

I did actually go to a Doctor on my second and worst day of withdrawal (not asking for subs, more for addiction advice, substitutes are not something I want) though he was fucking useless and just looked down his nose at me like I was wasting his time, and I could tell he just wanted me out of the room as fast as possible. I asked about counseling and he told me to go and look at the talk to FRANK website.... Jesus Christ, what a clueless twat I thought, i'm in my mid twenties and look younger than my age despite several years of drug abuse by some miracle, so he was being pretty condescending.

I'm wondering what the options are in Manchester in particular for drug counseling and support? I've been pretty good at staying clean so far, though as i'm sure we're all aware it takes only a moments weakness to fall back into bad habits.

I started a blog to try and find something to fill my spare time with and not do drugs, though of course more or less everything I post on there will be about drugs.. Which is here

Just trying to be more creative, i've been drawing alot and am thinking about getting a gym membership to lower the chances of relapsing.

Last edited: