Votes: 4 36.4%
  • NE Pats

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
bringing in a new coaching staff can destroy a team like the eagles

reid can't win games like he used to, but he knows that town, and will always be competitive

signed,
someone who lives in PA and hates the eagles

yeah but in Philly the general mindset is championship or bust every year. I know that's not always reasonable but thats why the city will never embrace Andy Reid. he always just falls short. If he had won the SB in 04 itd be a different story but they didnt so its getting old real quick. hes the longest tenured coach in one city who's never won a super bowl if I'm not mistaken

Andy Reid is a good coach, Philly fans are just rabid. I would hate to be any type of public figure in that city.

NYers are pretty outraged about this Tebow trade. The Jets looked like even bigger fools since they announced the trade before realizing they had to pay 5million to Denver along with giving them those 2 draft picks, but ended up meeting in the middle agreeing to pay 2.5 million. I'm sure Santonio Holmes is not happy about this, and a number of Jets already said they don't agree with the move.

yeah QFT. Jeffrey Lurie's press conference basically was "Last season was unacceptable, for a team with as much talent as we have theres no reason we shouldnt have been in the playoffs. Oh and btw all the coaches are coming back"

like it was unacceptable but nobody got fired, how does that happen?

The lockout hurt them a lot last year, and I'm sure that was a factor in the decision. They had brought in a bunch of star players, but they didn't get a chance to practice together that much due to the lockout, and you also have to consider how many games Vick missed. They finished strong though, and it's that last 1/4 of the season that stands out the most and influences a lot of the decisions made in the offseason. If they had 1 more win they would have made it to the playoffs, and they would have had a legitimate shot at winning it all.

do you think rex ryan will, yet again, prove he doesn't know the meaning of the word guarantee?

how do you think the new york jets will fare this year and how big a part of it will tim tebow be? i think that the fact that nyj players are comfortable tweeting and posting comments criticising the deal suggests that they have far bigger problems in their locker room...

alasdair

I don't think that he will play much at all, put his presence there will create some turmoil. The main issues that people have with the move is that they have Santonio Holmes with 50million on his contract, and they went ahead and brought in a QB that runs the wildcat. The other issue is that any average QB that is starting in front of Tebow will be criticized a lot quicker, and they will have to deal with Tebow chants after every 3-and-out or interception.

The Patriots embarrassed Tebow in the playoffs proving that they can shut down his style of play, and now he is playing in the same division as them. Miami is also in the same division and they are a lot more familiar with the wildcat offense that the Jets might try to run on short yardage plays with Tebow, so this was probably the worst division for him to be traded into.

When the deal almost fell through yesterday due to the 5 million dollars that the Jets had overlooked, the fans thought that they had an easy way out of the deal, but they worked out a deal still. I don't really blame the players for being upset if just about every fan is upset, but they should keep it quiet.

how do you think the new york jets will fare this year and how big a part of it will tim tebow be? i think that the fact that nyj players are comfortable tweeting and posting comments criticising the deal suggests that they have far bigger problems in their locker room...

alasdair

Just listened to an interview with Damien Woody on the way in this morning and he echoed those same sentiments.

Well they are pretty much the laughing stock of the NFL right now, so I can see why some players on the team may be criticizing the move to distance themselves from the front office. I had Mike Francesa on yesterday and even the Jets fans were calling in to criticize their team. It got to the point where all they could do was laugh since it's gotten so bad there.

Some people think it's a publicity stunt since the trade is pretty incomprehensible. The Jets front office doesn't seem to know the direction of the team, and in a league where passing the ball and moving down the field quickly is essential, it doesn't make sense for them to pick up Tebow, especially after spending all the time and energy to repair the relationship between Sanchez and Holmes. Now they have Tebow coming to the team in which players were just tweeting about how they don't need a player like him. That has to be the worst locker room to be in.

Easily the worst locker room in NFL. Too many selfish chiefs worrying about themselves and not enough indians. They sign a natural leader, back up or not, but they still dont want him. Sanchez couldn't lead a dog on a leash.

Tony Sparano loves running the wildcat. I would rather have Tebow playing every 3rd down instead of Sanchez and his fondness for turning over the ball. Have to laugh at Cromartie criticizing Tebow. Wasn't he part of a defense at fault for Tebows gamewinning 95 yard drive on the Jets in 4 mins not so long ago

ODDS TO WIN 2013 SUPER BOWL 3/22/12

New England Patriots 5-1
Green Bay Packers 11-2
Pittsburgh Steelers 6-1
Philadelphia Eagles 6-1
New York Giants 8-1
New Orleans Saints 10-1
San Francisco 49ers 10-1
Denver Broncos 10-1 (moved from 50-1 after Manning signed)
San Diego Chargers 12-1
Houston Texans 12-1
Chicago Bears 17-1
Detroit Lions 18-1
Atlanta Falcons 18-1
Dallas Cowboys 20-1
Baltimore Ravens 20-1
New York Jets 25-1 ( moved from 20-1 after Tebow trade)
Indianapolis Colts 25-1
Tennessee Titans 30-1
Cincinnati Bengals 30-1
Buffalo Bills 50-1
Kansas City Chiefs 50-1
Seattle Seahawks 50-1
Carolina Panthers 50-1
Miami Dolphins 50-1
St. Louis Rams 50-1
Oakland Raiders 60-1
Minnesota Vikings 60-1
Arizona Cardinals 60-1
Cleveland Browns 75-1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 100-1
Washington Redskins 125-1
Jacksonville Jaguars 150-1

Cardinals, Seahawks, Ravens, Falcons, Texans seem underrated. Patriots(slightly), Steelers, Eagles and Broncos seem overrated.

I have serious doubts about Mike Vick staying healthy for a full season, if he does I really like the Eagles. I really like the Packers, Giants, Cowboys and 49ers too.... the NFC is going to be brutal this year IMO.

AFC I think that the Patriots and the Steelers have to be the favorites, but I would imagine that there will be a couple teams in the AFC that exceed expectations. I like the Panthers and the Redskins to improve.

depends on how the Eagles draft, if its the usual fashion were fucked. And if DeSean stops being a brat, now that hes got his contract he better not keep doggin it. Also we still need a slot cornerback (why is Asante still on the team, get rid of him before the draft), still weak at LB (DeMeco Ryans was a good sign though), and depending on how Jaiquan Jarrett plays we might need a safety still.

And as far as Vick goes, heres an idea Andy. Dont want him to get hurt? Hand the fucking ball off to McCoy. Like this guy is rising to be one of the best RBs in the league and hes still horribly underused because Andy wants to throw it 9/10 plays.

Easily the worst locker room in NFL. Too many selfish chiefs worrying about themselves and not enough indians. They sign a natural leader, back up or not, but they still dont want him. Sanchez couldn't lead a dog on a leash.

Tony Sparano loves running the wildcat. I would rather have Tebow playing every 3rd down instead of Sanchez and his fondness for turning over the ball. Have to laugh at Cromartie criticizing Tebow. Wasn't he part of a defense at fault for Tebows gamewinning 95 yard drive on the Jets in 4 mins not so long ago

Cromartie has been a joke since signing with the Jets, and he should really put down the twitter. Before the Giants/Jets game he tweeted “If I’m (Top 5) in the burn ratio, I guess I do get beat a lot,” Cromartie said sarcastically. “We’ll have to see on Saturday… that’s even if [Mario Manningham] touches the field. He let a guy named Victor Cruz come in and take his job.” source

We all know how that worked out for him

Cruz was the closest thing last year to what Arian Foster was in 2010. A player that was a nobody then came out and ended up being a top teir at their position. Cruz probably had the most impressive highlight reel of catches last year except for maybe Calvin Johnson. Great success by the Giants organization finding talent. I like him to continue being great going forward.

I think Manningham is pretty good too, just not as dynamic as Cruz.

Hines Ward is going to be a HoFer. I don't really want to waste my energy arguing as to whether he will be first ballot, or second ballot, or third ballot. the fact of the matter is, he will get in

Steelers could be over rated with those odds. they have made many changes as an organization this off-season. however, I do think Pittsburgh is going to keep Mike Wallace, which is huge. also, I expect this team to draft BIG like they always do. whenever I count out the Steelers, they usually come up and surprise me - so I am happy to count them out this year

Tebow to the Jets makes me sick tbph. Not only will he be in one of the media capitols of the country (meaning we will probably be even more immersed in tebowmania than ever( but I fucking hate the jets. I dohnt mind Tebow as a player, but if he grabs the spotlight in NY he will be all over the news no matter how he plays.

As much as I hate to say it, I think they Jets are a decent bet at 25-1. They had an off year last year (mainly because of dirty sanchez) but they are a good team that has made it deep into the playoffs multiple times over the past few years. They could be one of the AFC teams to bounce back.

Steelers could be over rated with those odds. they have made many changes as an organization this off-season. however, I do think Pittsburgh is going to keep Mike Wallace, which is huge. also, I expect this team to draft BIG like they always do. whenever I count out the Steelers, they usually come up and surprise me - so I am happy to count them out this year

Yea 6-1 is too good for the steelers preseason odds all things considered. They are a good team, but they play in a very tough division. Its very possible that they could lose their division again with 10+ wins this year.

Yes

Yea 6-1 is too good for the steelers preseason odds all things considered. They are a good team, but they play in a very tough division. Its very possible that they could lose their division again with 10+ wins this year.

and yes

I don't think the Jets are going to the SB with Sanchez, and either with Sanchez/Tebow-running-the-Wildcat, for that matter

I also hate this whole Tebow to NY Jets. I don't like Tebow, but sending him to the NY Jets is just going to make me hate him more. those NY media hounds are going to push this story to the absolute vomit-inducing limit. its like "hey, what's the worst place to send Tim Tebow??" - "NEW JERSEY!" just imagine if Sanchez has a year like he did last year, and the Tebow circus that will then ensue, with REX RYAN at the helm to calm everything down? I don't think so. also, do they really want to keep on running the Wildcat? or was that just a thinly veiled excuse to draft Tim Tebow?

honestly, I would have much rather preferred as a fan to see Tebow go to Jacksonsville or one of the other struggling Florida franchises. they actually need Tebow and the circus that would no doubt ensue - while the NY Jets most certainly do not

^ my thoughts exactly on Tebow.

Im not overly rosy about the Jets, but I do like them better than their 25-1 odds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.