• NY Giants

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • NE Pats

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hate to say it, I think they Jets are a decent bet at 25-1. They had an off year last year (mainly because of dirty sanchez) but they are a good team that has made it deep into the playoffs multiple times over the past few years. They could be one of the AFC teams to bounce back.

I wouldn't bet on them. In 2009 and 2010 when they made it to the playoffs, they had a defense that was arguably the best in the league. Their defense was still ranked pretty high last season, but they were not as intimidating as the 2 years before. They don't have any good pass rushers, so they rely on their secondary which at least is one of the best. They just signed safety LaRon Landry to add to their secondary, but he is coming off a season in which he played a total of 8 games due to several injuries, one of which was to his Achilles tendon which made him end the season on IR.

Who knows what is going to happen with their offense next year, I don't even think that Rex Ryan & Tony Sparano know. Their locker room is not looking any better than it did at the end of last season now since some players are openly against the acquisition of Tebow. The team doesn't seem to buy into what the coaching staff is doing, so I can't see them going far if they themselves don't believe that they can.

^ I think that is a great option for the Saints and their fans. I mean, if your coach is going to have to be suspended for a year, you might as well get a veteran coach that has literally seen it all to right their path for an interim year!

^ I think that is a great option for the Saints and their fans. I mean, if your coach is going to have to be suspended for a year, you might as well get a veteran coach that has literally seen it all to right their path for an interim year!

i think it's a good move for the saints as well. but also, a possible strategic move by sean payton to make sure he still has a job the following season, cuz i'm pretty sure bill parcells isn't looking for a long term coaching gig.

Wheter or not th Saints take Payton back depends on how well they do this season. If they win the division without him I could see them cutting ties, otherwise I think they will take him back after this year. Call me a skeptic, but it seems like every time a coaching gig opens up people collectively scream ''PARCELLS/GRUDEN"!!! but it never happens. Ill believe it when I see it.

9ers pick up one of my least favorite personalities in the league.... Brandon Jacobs.

Not the worst fit ever, but not too exited about seeing him carry the rock for my team, big oaf better perform.

jacbobs plays pissed off and is a competitor

great 2nd back option, but can't carry a full time load if gore goes down

hopefully gore misses the entire season

Damn I was hoping the Eagles would sign Jacobs, we havent had a legit power back since Deuce Staley left.

I also hate this whole Tebow to NY Jets. I don't like Tebow, but sending him to the NY Jets is just going to make me hate him more. those NY media hounds are going to push this story to the absolute vomit-inducing limit. its like "hey, what's the worst place to send Tim Tebow??" - "NEW JERSEY!" just imagine if Sanchez has a year like he did last year, and the Tebow circus that will then ensue, with REX RYAN at the helm to calm everything down? I don't think so. also, do they really want to keep on running the Wildcat? or was that just a thinly veiled excuse to draft Tim Tebow?

It's very strange indeed. I once heard the phrase "genius and the NFL are mutually exclusive..." I think this qualifies as the most certain short term time bomb imaginable. It's so ridiculous that there must be an ulterior motive. Maybe those bastards on Wall Street influence the Jets' trades and they know Tim Tebow is going to create loads of short term gains that could become longer term gains with all kinds of companies around NYC. Those mother fuckers. What if the second coming actually happens while Tebow is in the middle of all this and it turns out that Tebow was a double agent working for Heaven and the Jews at the same time?

How's that for football talk...damn...

there was an article in the new york post that had a line in it, describing how tebow was dressed at the presser, that went like ' his wardrobe was about as boring as his sex life'

it's a guilty pleasure, but i kinda dig off the field tabloid type sports stories, much more entertaining than 'experts' in suits breaking down match ups and similarly related bullshit, most of the time just stating the obvious....at the same time i love when they talk about the rams, which is rare, so call me bitter

Yea the only time the rams have been in the news was when greg williams got banned.

Looking at the 49ers free agent moves in retrospect it seems like they could be setting up for a big move on draft day. They have filled many of their holes on offense through free agency, and their defense is still intact. They dont really need any one position in the draft (except for maybe OG), so its very possible they sell the farm and trade up for a top pick. I would love to see them pick up coby fleener so we can have 2 legit tight ends.

they'll be better this year. axl, who's going to win your division?

alasdair

the Cleveland Browns are always next year's best team, so it seems. as for who wins the AFC North I'm going to stay conservative with the usual Pittsburgh/Baltimore prediction. I want to throw Cinci up there, but I feel like they made some questionable moves in the off-season, in an off-season where they really needed to show some leadership/solidarity. hey, at least they have a good, young QB - that is never a bad fact to boast in the NFL

anyways, Nike unveiled new NFL jerseys... they all look the same, save for maybe Seattle:

New%20nike%20nfl%20uniforms%20seattle%20seahawks%205.jpeg

I do like what Nike did with the gloves, a la Mark Ingram circa Alabama

steelersgloves_display_image.jpg

I was hoping for more change in the jerseys to be honest. Maybe they will eventually make some alternate outfits with some flare.

Mainly I just love to see football traditionalists squirm.

And I don't think the browns will be making enough improvement to compete for a playoff spot this year. Theyre not a horrible team, but they just arent good enough to compete in their division. The steelers and ravens are slightly aged teams though, so maybe they have a shot a few years down the line. If I had to chose a most successful AFC north team over the next 7 years, I would choose the Bengals.

I'm glad the NFL + Nike didn't muck with the uniforms much, but I'm a traditionalist when it comes to these things...

If I had to chose a most successful AFC north team over the next 7 years, I would choose the Bengals.

not just saying this because I'm a Steelers fan, but you have to realize that this is a foolish prognostication. history is always the best indicator. you know why Cinci sucks? it's not because the players, the players are actually pretty damn good (and have been over the years). the Bengals suck because Mike Brown, their owner, has finally taken the crown of Inane-Dictator-with-Alzheimer's

Cinci has flashes of brilliance, and they are lucky they have such an amazing D to go along with a promosing young QB - but mark my words. as long as Mike Brown owns that team, they will never reach even, say, Baltimore Raven-type of consistent success (usually competing in Conference Championship)

speaking of the Bengals, let's all take a hilarious look at their cheer-leading squad - the Ben-Gals, and its former Squad Captain, Sarah Jones

their Cheer Captain just got big time busted for fucking at least one of her students at the high school in Northern Kentucky where she worked as an English teacher. also duly noted: the student of hers that she banged was on the high school football team. actually, I do think I remember that this is the very same cheerleader that was handed that football in that TD celebration where Chad Johnson gave his teams' cheerleader that football?

jones_8.jpg

that's her mug shot, and here's the story. about a year or so ago, she was plastered all over theDirt.com, a hilarious web-site and compendium of modern, world-wide, douchebaggery. she was on there for cheating on her high school sweet-heart hubby with apparently sex-addicted former Cinci Bengal Kicker, Shayne Graham... and the more I think about her the more I do believe that she is in fact that cheerleader in that CJ TD stunt, but it's hard to even decipher her fase through the inches of make-up that she wears when in full Ben-Gal get-up =D

at least we know Wyld X would tap dat on the merits of her shirt, alone ;)

Well they are stacked with young talent and draft picks. At very least they will be giving your steelers a run for their money. Also, dont forget they won the division a mere 3 years ago, could easily happen again this year. Dalton to Green has scary potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.