• NE Pats

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

axl blaze

Bluelighter
old thread has reached 1k, and can be found here!

let's start this one off with a poll. it's simple Giants or Pats for the Super Bowl?

I have my money on the patriots I just cant bet against Tom Brady. I think the game is going to be decided by the Patriots secondary if they have a good game then they win if they goet torched its gonna put alot of pressure on the offence.

I dont know how anyone can bet against the giants at this point. The only legitimate TD's their D has given up this post season were two long passes to Vernon Davis. The two TD's in the packers game were the result of obviously awful calls. Cant bet against Brady? you know the Pats didnt score a passing TD last week right? and that their top receiving target has a sprained ankle. And that their Defense had one of the easier schedules (from a defensive perspective) of any team this season, yet they have given up tons of yards/points. The game against the Ravens was their first win against a team over .500 all season, and TBPH it was a fluky win at home. Despite the Pats being in the SB, and everyone jocking Bradys nuts they have a lot to prove in my eyes. I think they lose by 10+ in a snoozefest of a SB.

This sucks because my two favorite teams are the patriots and the giants lol :( I love the patriots since I'm originally from new england and then when I was little I always loved the giants too because of my grandpa.... So I hate that this whole going against each other thing happened again. Well, at least I can be happy with whoever that wins...

Having both of your teams make it to the SB... that's horrible bro I feel so sorry for you.

The one thing that worries me is that a lot of people are picking the Giants, so they aren't going into the game as big underdogs which is usually when they play their best. They have to go into the game thinking that they need to play their best in order to win, which is how they approached their last Superbowl victory. Not much room for error when going up against the Patriots. I'm hoping that Brady tries to do too much and forces some passes, resulting in interceptions.

that Giants d-line is so sick nasty (for a 4-3, that is)

large_cantyprp.jpg

I dont know how anyone can bet against the giants at this point. The only legitimate TD's their D has given up this post season were two long passes to Vernon Davis. The two TD's in the packers game were the result of obviously awful calls. Cant bet against Brady? you know the Pats didnt score a passing TD last week right? and that their top receiving target has a sprained ankle. And that their Defense had one of the easier schedules (from a defensive perspective) of any team this season, yet they have given up tons of yards/points. The game against the Ravens was their first win against a team over .500 all season, and TBPH it was a fluky win at home. Despite the Pats being in the SB, and everyone jocking Bradys nuts they have a lot to prove in my eyes. I think they lose by 10+ in a snoozefest of a SB.

I have never wanted you to be more right, EVAR!! :D

^lol

Im not really a patriot hater either. I just see them as a great offense that is extremely reliant on a few skill position players to succeed (which usually isnt a weakness). The giants will be one of the better defenses they have faced all year. I just dont see Brady putting up enough points to keep up with Manning against what I consider a soft Pats D.

NFL honors are tonight. Cam Newton is the shoe-in rookie of the year. Jim Harbaugh is the coach of the year. MVP should be Rodgers (Brees made a case for it, but the TD/INT ratio of Rodgers is too phenomenal) The toughest call is for DROTY, between Von Miller and Aldon Smith. In my very bias opinion I think Smith deserves it (most sacks per snap of any player this season) and just looking at him manhandle his assignment every down is damn impressive. The counter argument is that Miller is a more complete player and does more than pass rush. He also got injured, to which you can say he would have had a better season without the injury, or is less valuable because of not playing all season. He also benefits from the god-squad Tebow loving bronco nation being behind him and the fact that one of the major honors is already going to a 49er. Either way both players are going to be terrorizing QB's for years to come.

Another thing I would like to see happen is for the manning brothers to take up polygamy and start popping out little manning boys so that 25 years from now each NFL team can have an elite QB. C'mon guys its for the good of football!

Last edited:
12 years and 6 days ago my team won the superbowl

in honor i'll be rocking my blue and yellow issac bruce jersey at the party i'm going to

it's gettin' in bad shape, letters peeling off and shit, but i think that's a good look, scars i've endured throughout the years

i bough an updated colored isaac bruce jersey back in around 2001, but it was badly ripped and i'm pretty sure is buried in a land fill atm

have not bought an nfl jersey since

check that, i bought a laurence maroney patriots jersey when he was a rookie, what a waste of 50 dollars

anyway, enjoy the game tonight fellow S&Gs

So I guess there is a "never say never" award given out at the NFL honors. Seems like they pretty much invented this award so Tebow could win something. Supercool.

Oh and despite being a rabid football fan, I do not own, and will never own an NFL jersey. Not only do the legit ones cost 30x the price it took for some Asian child to make it, but they look trashy as hell when you wear them without pads.

Its been a fun year of posting in the NFL threads on this forum. I really DGAF about other sports though so I probably wont post here as much going foreward. I might pop in to discuss march madness, or the NBA finals or the NFL draft ect. But other than that ill see you all around next years preseason.

Last edited:
take care, no pun intended

hopefully next year the rams-niners rivalry returns to the intensity it once had

i want to hate you

This sucks because my two favorite teams are the patriots and the giants lol :( I love the patriots since I'm originally from new england and then when I was little I always loved the giants too because of my grandpa.... So I hate that this whole going against each other thing happened again. Well, at least I can be happy with whoever that wins...

So your cheer would be "GO GIANTRIOTS!!!"

I don't really care who wins. Not a fan of either. Just want a good game, not a blowout.

can't drop that many passes and win a superbowl... oh well.

congrats, giants.

alasdair

It's like Brady just can't win. I feel nothing from this. I thought the M&M commercial was the winner of the superbowl ads, thoughts?

"Heyyyy, so it's THAT kinda party!"

Dancing-MM-e1328487777747.jpg

First off, for the 1st time I can remember I did not watch the SB.

My friend (Patsie fan) texted me with the result so I watched the post game comments and ESPN highlights from the game.

Eli might be the better Manning afterall.

The Patsies (with the exception of Brady) were/are overrated (weak schedule, weak conference, no more videotaping :p).

This game has once again proven that defense still > than offense in playoff football. Fuck all that noise by ESPiN to the contrary.

I'm always happy to see my hated Pats lose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.