• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Official 2011 NFL Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
pander, my hate for the Aints has nothing to do with Nola. I fucking love Nola. I just HATE their football team.

how bout Vick? 6 years, $100 MM.

Looks like both the Giants and Jets will suck this year. Man, was that game ugly.

Giants couldn't do anything in the red zone, and the Jets could barely do anything against a Giants secondary that barely exists. Actually, Giants still have Rolle, Ross, Philips, and Webster in their secondary, but if any of them get hurt, it is really over.

^ I usually find jets games really boring to watch. Im definitely not in the "its exiting to watch a 0-3 football game in the fourth quarter" type.

I agree. The only game of theirs that I enjoyed was their 34-38 loss to the Bears last year.

Sanchez is too little, too late.

^ I agree, but just alright doesn't really cut it when they talk the way they do.

I missed so much this offseason transactions, it blows monkey balls. I didn't even know we traded Sproles, haha. Well, another year, another try to go all the way, and just like every year, I am going to predict, this is San Diego's year to go all the way. I have only been saying this for a few decades.

Falcons sign CB Kelvin Hayden. Great sign, this was the last weakness on our team, we needed a nickel CB badly. Chris Owens got torched in the playoff game vs packers left and right now we have a nickel CB that should be a starter on any team. Falcons superbowl

my most prized possession

306428_10150358668607025_682037024_10012371_3726426_n.jpg

thaz pretty dope. i have no allegiance to dallas or aikman but i always thought it would be cool to get aikman's throwback from the one year he played at ucla. just because how rare it would be and i like having stuff not everyone else has.

^ I agree, but just alright doesn't really cut it when they talk the way they do.

I should have used a better word than "alright"... I think they'll have a winning record and make the playoffs most likely via Wild Card. Patriots O-line got demolished by the Lions last game though, so I think they may even oust the Pats for the division spot.

Speaking of the Lions, I want to see them have a good season. I think they have a good shot this season. The Rams are another team I want to see do well and fell they have a good shot of doing so. I like seeing college QBs I respect do well in the pros.

^I hope the Jets end up sucking this year. And the Pats. I need my Dolphins to be relevant again.

Honestly, I believe the Jets and Phins are about as good as each other, but the Patriots are clearly better than both until Brady retires. Henne and Sanchez are both average QB's in a QB driven league.

^ Nothing about the dolphins really stands out to me as above average. Their offence is sporadic at best and their defense is just OK. Some good players (Marshall is such a beast) but like many middle of the road teams in the NFL they never really impress me to the point where I would consider them a respect worthy team. Maybe its their coaching, or maybe they are missing some key positions (other than QB) that im not aware of, but I would bet 100 to 1 against the dolphins winning the SB this year, mainly because of the division they play in.

^ Nothing about the dolphins really stands out to me as above average. Their offence is sporadic at best and their defense is just OK. Some good players (Marshall is such a beast) but like many middle of the road teams in the NFL they never really impress me to the point where I would consider them a respect worthy team. Maybe its their coaching, or maybe they are missing some key positions (other than QB) that im not aware of, but I would bet 100 to 1 against the dolphins winning the SB this year, mainly because of the division they play in.

Actually, the defense is very impressive. It was number 6 in the league last year, and that was with having to face the Patriots two times. It is very young and only getting better. The defense is impressive, and I believe that we would be a surefire playoff team if we played in a different division. The only thing us fans can hope for is that Henne gets a lot better. The third year as a starter is when things begin to click, so it remains a possibility, but it is doubtful.

Small tidbit: Henne and Sanchez are essentially equals as quarterbacks, according to those who watch the film. Sanchez got very luck on a few throws that absolutely should have been picks, and Henne was very unlucky, but both are considered average. I can't remember the source, I read it in the Miami Herald months ago, but it was one I give credit to (I give credit to pretty much any person or organization that actually watches film and doesn't judge players based on hype, so my standards aren't that high).

henne looked terrible against Falcons in week 1 preseason. I think they should start Matt Moore over him.

henne looked terrible against Falcons in week 1 preseason. I think they should start Matt Moore over him.

He looked really good against Tampa Bay and Carolina, however. Better than he ever has, in fact. Matt Moore has looked consistently terrible. Either Henne has improved, or we are fucked. Even if he improves I'm pretty sure we are fucked (I don't think 10-6 will get us into the playoffs this year, and that is honestly my best projection. We won't do any worse than 7-9, but my prediction for the season is 9-7, unless Henne really improves, and I'm not getting all optimistic after two preseason games).

the dolphins kicked our fucking ass man

that's ok, I'm neutral with the dolphins still sucks tho

The Dolphins defense has good games and bad games. I guess I just remember them getting torched by the bills, lions and patriots late last season.

The Dolphins defense has good games and bad games. I guess I just remember them getting torched by the bills, lions and patriots late last season.

The defense is outstanding as far as talent, but still young and prone to error. It will be better this year.

The problem is, The Dolphins have been in such a clusterfuck at the QB position for so many years that I don't think having the #1 defense in the league would get us much further than the first round of the playoffs. Dan Marino left a curse on us, or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.